Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Upcoming Drama 2024:Show Business/Special Appearance Drama 2025: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201602221619545396438_2

Song Joong-ki is excited about ‘lovey dovey romance’ with Song Hye-kyo

Updated : February 22 2016

CbzrXuqUUAANTLp.jpg:large

Actor Song Joong-ki told reporters about his romance with actress Song Hye-kyo in the upcoming drama “Descendants of the Sun” on Monday.

“There are many episodes in the drama,” actor Song said at the press conference in Seoul on Monday. “But the lovey dovey romance story with Kang Mo-yeon (Song Hye-kyo) is the highlight. I ask for your great interest and expectations.”

Song Hye-kyo said she and Song Joong-ki got along really well. “We share many similar personality traits,” said the actress. “Song Joong-ki has really good manners and is very considerate, so I received lots of help during the shooting. There were times when I was feeling tired after long hours of shooting, but he was comforting during that time. He also acts really well, so I learned a lot.”

“Descendants of the Sun” follows the romance between young soldier Yoo Si-jin, played by Song Joong-ki, who is serving as part of U.N. peacekeeping forces, and Kang Mo-yeon, a military doctor deployed at an overseas military base. 

The TV drama, penned by star writer Kim Eun-sook, also stars actress Kim Ji-won and actors Jin Goo and Onew of SHINee. 

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com) 

-video,DOTS Presscon  http://www.stardailynews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=85909

-Full, Live, DOTS Presscon  https://www.periscope.tv/w/1RDGlDnyralGL

http://www.soompi.com/2016/02/22/song-joong-ki-reveals-why-he-worked-out-for-descendants-of-the-sun-role/

At the press conference for the upcoming KBS drama “Descendants of the Sun,” Song Joong Ki revealed the reason behind why he worked out for the drama.

According to Song Joong Ki, his decision to buff up for the role extended beyond physical appearance. He explained, “Rather than doing it to be outwardly attractive, I thought that I should build up my body to lend to the melodrama with Song Hye Gyo, since my character is a soldier who likes to work out.”

[NEWS] Actor Song Joong-ki, actress Song Hye-kyo say Descendants of the Sun - 태양의 후예 wasn't easy

South Korean actor Song Joong-ki and actress Song Hye-kyo said Monday shooting "Descendants of the Sun" wasn't always a cakewalk even though the pre-recorded show allowed them plenty of time to reflect on their characters.

Song Joong-ki, who recently completed his mandatory military service, said playing an Army lieutenant was harder than he had anticipated.

"A lot of people have taken interest in the fact that Yoo Si-jin is my first soap opera role since being discharged from the military," Song told reporters at a press conference in Seoul. "Having been a soldier myself, I thought it would be easy to play this character, but Yoo turned out to be much more complicated than I'd expected."

Song completed the military service required of all able-bodied South Korean men in May. He said he had received the script written by star writer Kim Eun-sook in his final months in the Korean Army, where he was able to get in shape for the lead role.

"You know I'm not the kind of actor who is known for his physique," he said, laughing. "But I needed to look good for this show."

More than 13 billion won (US$10.5 million) went into producing this blockbuster-scale project, which is the first Korean show to premiere in South Korea and China simultaneously. In China, the melodrama will be streamed on the online video platform iQiyi.

In "Descendants of the Sun," Yoo encounters Kang Mo-yeon (Song Hye-kyo), an outspoken, type-A doctor, after getting in a fight with a high school student. He disarms her through forward gestures, but is soon deployed to a fictional war-torn country called Uruk. The two reunite, as Kang travels there as part of the medical non-profit organization Doctors without Borders. They realize they share a purpose -- to save lives -- but Yoo's means of doing so is to risk his own life.

Although the series involves helicopters, explosions and earthquakes, it's primarily a melodrama, Song said.

"It used to be the running joke that we needed helicopters, wars and earthquakes to make two people fall in love," he said.

Unlike the vast majority of South Korean dramas, the entire series have been pre-recorded. The reason is because foreign content takes months to clear Chinese censors, and shooting episodes "as you go," which has traditionally been the case in South Korea, is simply impossible.

While this arrangement allowed more time to develop her character, actress Song said it left her second-guessing herself too often.

"It was nice that I got to have more in-depth discussions about my role with the staff, writers and producer," she said. "But as with everything, there are good and bad sides. Sometimes I felt there was too much time for me to think and that complicated things."

Kang is Song's first soap opera role in three years. Even though the show is a melodrama, Song said, you can look for plenty of comic relief.

"There were many comical situations. Because Song Joong-ki and I got along so well together, we always ended up doing multiple takes because we were laughing so much," she said.

Besides the two Songs, another couple in the story is Seo Dae-young (Jin Goo) and Yun Myeong-ju (Kim Ji-won). Seo, who is Yoo's right-hand man, passionately loves Yun, a medic, but doesn't show it. Yun, meanwhile, is relentless in her expression of attraction to Seo.

Having never experienced the military, Kim said Jin taught her all the basics of the military.

"I knew so little about the military, but Jin taught me everything," she said, adding such knowledge has been crucial to understanding her character.

Although Yun speaks to Seo in honorifics only, Kim said there were few linguistic limitations in expressing her feelings.

"At first, I wasn't used to speaking in such strict honorifics, but the more I used them, the more comfortable it got," she said. "In some ways, I think it's a great way to express or hide feelings. It was sexy that a man listened to my orders."

Actors acknowledged that the show's identity may seem fuzzy at first, with topics spanning war, life and love. But Kim said the range is what would keep viewers interested.

"We used to joke that it's a 'military medical human melodrama,'" she said. "I think there are many interesting aspects to it."

Actress Song agreed, saying one of the show's strengths is its complex nature.

"It has comedy, melodrama and human interest story so you'd be able to find everything in our show," she said.

The KBS drama premieres at 10 p.m. on Wednesday.

Cr: Yonhapnews | heart emoticon

Descendants of the Sun - 태양의 후예's photo.

She's been ttw yestaerday at 8.. So proud n i know she's make right choice ..  been long time I want her to do with actor from bb.. Even is not lee min ho but ljk kind look more cute now than lmh hahaha.. 

N is romcom.. She said .. Right ??? .. :dissapointed_relieved::dissapointed_relieved:... My wishhh come trueeeee... 

• Like 4