Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Special Appearance Drama 2024: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

Leedonghaek, I dared ventured to a discussion about DoTs wondering what these people were talking about. True, most of the discussion was geared towards SJK; how good he was etc, as if SHK was not in the scene at all. Well, my summation is that 99.9% of them were women. Who else would they talk about? Your guess is as good as mine. The topic was DoTs, but for some reason they were mentioning other actresses, other than SHK. Of course, I was flabbergasted! THE BEST ACTRESS FOR THE PART HAS BEEN CHOSEN! End of discussion! Nothing you could do about it.Go jump in the lake, I dare say! And stay there! gtg   There, I've vented! angry2

Let's move on! Bring on epi 5 & 6! Let's hit 30%! 7up

• Like 9

On ‎2‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 4:01 AM, sunflower91_ said:

Knetizens comments regarding this report:

[+3027 -125} This is the power of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo.

[+2618 -61] This is not because of KBS. This is due to SJK, SHK, and KES's power.

[+2265 -77] This is because this drama is SJK and SHK's first drama in a long time.

[+2572 -190] To be honest this is because of SJK, SHK, and KES's star power. Can't be compared to tvN's dramas

hi leedonghaek! its nice to see you here in SHK thread , as I know  there are Korean speaker who are active before not that sure if they are silently lurking up to now , but at times there are SHK fans who would drop here to post for eng trans from Korean article . in my own view I think SHKs popularity in Korea was really affected during that tax scandal but then after her apology I think some of her loyal Korean fans continue to support her but there are still k netz who cant accept it even up to the time when she confirmed for the DoTs role but now with most of the comments like the ones above though its mostly with SJK , SHK is not left out and you can hardly see any negative comments about her  . even in some polls like last year not only in terms of beauty but as well as popularity I remember SHK ranked 3 or 4th done by TVN (ill just check out the survey if I have time to trace it back coz it was posted here before). well I guess thanks to this drama , SHK proved that she has still more  to offer to her fans and she is receiving much love in return for her hard work !

just love her as Dr KMY , she is really deserving for the role !

65e52209gw1f1mecx60ftg209q05g7wj.gif

65e52209gw1f1med5pgwzg209q05gx6q.gif

65e52209gw1f1medbzecdg209q05gb2c.gif

• Like 11

I don't know I'm getting teary when I read this tread. I'm about to work in this hot sunny day in Paradise, hahaha~ But I cannot resist to see what happen in Soompi.

I'm always SHK fans, Won Bin and her are my first OTP, and for me they will always in my heart until Won Bin getting married and I'm broken heart. LOL~ But now SJK and SHK definitely my new OTP and I'm happy that her new drama receive a lot of love. I heard about her tax issue and even the new house, but I don't care she's still great artist. In DOTS she's flawlessly beautiful, no comments. I do believe DOTS also getting a lot of attention and love because of her and Joong Ki, that's for sure. I do hope DOTS will gain more success, and we can see SHK more in future dramas. :D

• Like 11

its nice to know SHKs longtime/loyal fans are still showing their love and support to her especially now that she's back again on the small screen and its not just an ordinary kdrama , its a big budget blockbuster drama and with just 4 episodes airing,  it received much love from the viewers , lets just hope that the rating will continue to soar high until its final episode . after Dots , so far no update yet as to small / big screen project for SHK , we'll just wait and see !

for now we will just watch what Dr KMY has to offer , its only 16 episodes we might as well take full advantage in enjoying and  supporting DoTs!

65e52209gw1f1medir1fig209q05gkjl.gif

65e52209gw1f1medkykesg209q05gu0x.gif

65e52209gw1f1medoaxn9g209q05ghdu.gif

65e52209gw1f1medrfohcg209q05g7wi.gif

65e52209gw1f1medhedywg209q05g7r1.gif

• Like 15

Ranting , raving about Hye Kyo, shes always on top, Everytime she has a drama  never fails  to amaze everyone.  

She did it again. Loud and clear.

If she only knew  millions out there watching her drama not only in S. Korea and China  ,other parts of the globe as well.   

If there are about 10million people watching this in S.Korea alone,  and  120million views in China iQiyi  

and Weibo 470millionclicks

So how many views in viki, myasiantv,  tiveee.com??? , etc.. et al.

Do the math.  Definitely more than 20%. 

I agree @SusanC  end of discussion.

The overload cuteness doesnt seem to end

vJWTEar.jpg

• Like 14

For me no matter what they say about Kyo she still popular as ever negative or positive publicity still a publicity. Kyo is only human she is not perfect only god can judge her. pls stop that issue concerning about the tax issue she already apologise and paid for that tax im always here to defend and fight for her Kyo fighting god always there for you to protect and guide you i love you Kyo. Kyofanatics fighting thank you guys for the update chill:heart:

• Like 9

all the while I thought TWTWB is the best role for SHK never expected that her role as Dr KMY brings out more of the best of her acting versatility and its very true that she still has that cuteness and charm that can captivate the viewers !

the goddess like aura

93be10a9jw1f1na2sq6nkj20vk0hswgq.jpg

5e602ecejw1f1mxpkgj5yg20g307chdt.gif

Spoiler

67d2332bgw1f1mb56rcohj21xo39yhdt.jpg

• Like 11

Guest RoseS

'Descendants of the Sun' writer new K-drama history' 

By Park Jin-haiUpdated: 2016-03-06  22:11

KBS' latest romance drama "Descendants of the Sun" is writing a new history both here and in China.

The 16-episode drama starring stars Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo is poised to become the next hallyu (Koreanwave) success after a nearly two-year void since the hugely popular SBS drama "My Love from the Star."

The fourth episode, aired Thursday, posted a 24.1 percent viewer rating, with watchers predicting that it could easily surpass the record of "My Love from the Star" which closed its last episode with a record viewer rating of 28.1 percent.

In China, "Descendants of the Sun" has reached 120 million views on Chinese online video platform IQiyi as of Thursday. Chinese online media outlet Sina, describing the drama's growing popularity in China, said that "Descendants of the Sun" has become the most-mentioned Korean drama on social media, comparing it with "My Love from the Star," which starred Jun Ji-hyun and Kim Soo-hyun.

Local industry watchers say that the drama's success has more meaning beyond skyrocketing viewer ratings.

Unlike other Korean dramas, where scripts are issued just a day prior to filming and editing is left until a few hours before the episode is due to air, this drama has adopted "early filming."

For this drama, the greater part of the shooting took place, or will take place, before the first episode airs, or is set to air. Beginning filming early for a TV series is convenient for the producers and actors, because the actors don't need to pull all-nighters and can buy enough time to understand and build a character, while producers also have the time to make sure every scene is of high quality.

Local networks had tried "early filming" before "Descendants of the Sun," but they were mostly unsuccessful.

"There were early filmed dramas before us, but they were largely made before they secured a broadcasting time and were weak on casting, lacking star actors and actresses," said Bae Kyung-soo, a KBS chief producer.

Early filming increased costs, being completed before the sales of the drama were guaranteed, which could drive production firms to bankruptcy.

Bae said the starting point for the "Descendants of the Sun" has been different from other early-filmed dramas and that was made possible due to "China money."

Although KBS remains tightlipped on the sales price of the drama, 5 billon won ― more than one-third of the total 13 billion won production cost ― came from China.

It has been said IQiyi paid nearly $250,000 to $300,000 for each episode, before filming began. The precondition for the purchase was that the show would be broadcast in China nearly simultaneously to in Korea. Each episode in China is aired to paid viewers one hour after airing in Korea.

The near-simultaneous broadcast was mostly possible because of early filming and because China regulates Korean drama imports, with each drama going through a preliminary review to be aired there.

Bang Yeon-ju, a culture critic, said the China money could be a double-edged sword. "The China money that flew to the local real estate market in the past has headed to the drama and entertainment industry. Early filming is great in that it improves working conditions for actors and actresses as well as quality of the drama," she said. "But, the money could dissipate in two or three years. At the same time, if producers make dramas, being too conscious of Chinese viewers catering to their tastes, we could lose the uniqueness of our content."

The number of Korean dramas exported to China has been increasing. According to data from the Korea Communications Commission and the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning, a total of 17,721 Korean dramas were exported to China in 2014, from 9,346 in 2013 and 3,389 in 2012.

The total drama exports soared to $47.23 million in 2014 from $9.7 million 2012.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/culture/2016/03/201_199733.html

http://kdramasvideo.com/2016/03/04/descendants-sun-ep-5-korean-tv-drama/

[cried....:vicx:........, @Captain...protect.....Dr. Kang's scence with beautiful/emotion/inspire... music] Movie DOTS, not drama.......!

Dr. Kang speaks English!

Descendants of the Sun Ep 5 Korean TV Drama

By xaiby On Friday, March 4th, 2016 Categories : DramasKorean Dramas

Online TV Drama Latest Episode Descendants of the Sun Epi 5Download Free Drama VideoDescendants of the Sun Ep 5, Mp4 Drama Video ENG SUB Descendants of the Sun Episode 5, TV Drama Latest Episode Descendants of the Sun Epi 5,

About Drama Descendants of the Sun

Sun of descendants (Korean: 태양의후예) for Korea KBS of water wood mini series, tells has should United Nations of invited, stationed in OURCQ capital of special war forces overseas troops group leader Liu Shizhen and surgical doctor ginger twilight smoke in Korea and troops area Zhijian roundtrip Shi love of story, and in disaster site regardless of life dangerous dedication with of people of sacrifice story and in emergency status Xia still each other care, little near site of people of love story. Different from the Korean drama “broadcast” traditional opera mode, this is KBS drama the first complete production was broadcast on television.

太陽的後裔 第5集

Screenwriter: Jin Yinshu/Jin Yuanshuo
Director: Li Yingfu
Starring: Song Zhongji/song/Jin Zhiyuan/jinjiu

"Descendants of the Sun" Carries on Strong Viewership
   2016-03-05 09:11:39    CRIENGLISH.com      Web Editor: Yang Tiantian

a630f1216e104abcb44cf05ce8448a28.jpg

A stage photo of  "Descendants of the Sun". [Photo: trends.com.cn]

With the fourth episode having just been released on Thursday, KBS 2TV's TV series "Descendants of the Sun" continues to carry on a strong viewership in both China and South Korea.

The drama broke the magical 20-percent level in South Korea, with the third episode drawing a rating of 23.4 percent and the fourth episode getting 24.1 percent, even outstripping the record set by 2013 SBS series "My Love From the Star".

Nielsen Korea data also shows that this is by far the best record among all television series of the season in South Korea.

Starring Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo, the drama tells a love story between an Army captain and a volunteer doctor who reunite serendipitously in the fictional war-torn country of Uruk.

This drama is also the first project for Song Joong-ki after his discharge from mandatory military service last year.

Simultaneously airing on China's streaming service provider iQiyi.com at 9 p.m. on every Wednesday and Thursday, the show has currently generated online video views of over 100 million in total.

The Staggering Production Cost of “Descendants of the Sun” Revealed

The Staggering Production Cost of “Descendants of the Sun” Revealed

When it comes down to crunch time, the higher the budget, the better quality the end result will be. That’s why it comes as no surprise that KBS’s “Descendants of the Sun” – which has seen great success despite only being two weeks into the series – cost a staggering 13 billion won (approximately $10.8 million) to produce.

Set in the fictional war-torn country of Urk, the majority of the drama’s hefty budget went to creating the setting. As the entire drama was pre-produced and filmed before broadcast, the entire cast and crew spent a month filming in Greece, where producers used 65 percent of the budget creating an open-world set. The remaining scenes that could not be shot in Greece were filmed in Taebaek, Gangwon Province.

A general producer reported, “The scenes that were filmed in Greece and the scenes that were filmed in Taebaek are all mixed in with each other. It was difficult making it so that keen viewers couldn’t distinguish between the two filming locations.”

Approximately 2 billion won (about $1.7 million) was spent on the art budget, much of which was dedicated towards post-filming CG effects. One production crewmember said, “I can’t say concretely how much was spent on CG effects. We invested a lot of the budget into creating the exotic location, [among other things].”

Although the drama was originally only calculated to cost 800 million won (approximately $668,000), the mini-series far exceeded the average budget for dramas of similar length, which runs about 350 million won (about $292,000).

“Descendants of the Sun” airs every Wednesday and Thursday on KBS2. Catch the latest episode on Viki!

I joined the KYO train just barely 3 or 4 years back and still enjoying the ride! In those years, I have not heard any aberration that concerns her until this tax evasion issue. I thought maybe these loggerheads don't have anything more negative to talk about her, so they keep going back to the tax issue hoping that it will derail Kyo's career. However, their mongering did not amount to anything, except of course Kyo's privacy regarding the matter was  a bit compromised! Other than that, I think her career is rosy as ever! I can't say anything about how she leads her life outside the glitters of the entertainment world, other than what the sometimes-biased media put out there, but I am grateful that she is not that type who throws herself to the lion's den to steal someone's thunder, if you know what I mean. Well, problems occur along the way, but as long as the end result is satisfactory and she's happy, that is all that matters! 

Bring on epi 5 and 6!

Let's hit the 30's!

yodel

• Like 10

thanks hclover96 for the info about  DoTs , hoping for the continued support to this drama until its final episode , as early as now majority of the viewers really love DoTs there will be still haters who remained haters and they find ways to bash DoTs or SHK.

cant wait for episode 5

6afb0f0cjw1f1nigji7d0j20f00g1my7.jpg

latest on SHK IG she posted the very cute version of their prelude wine Kiss scene

12826264_1703187103226148_1466717516_n.j

here's  more of the animated version

6afb0f0cjw1f1l9xfydjej20k00js76f.jpg

• Like 21