Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Special Appearance Drama 2024: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

Hi guys...its been a while since the last time I visit this thread..:) wow,last night SHK is sooooo beautiful, she's like madame vampire,no trace of aging :wub:

About her signing at WKW production,I think SHK already gave us a hint in interview with Elle,but I'm a little bit concern becz WKW is quite famous for making a movie for such a long time, correct me if I'm wrong..I hope for this time his not taking to much time for filming..

But what ever it is I'm still looking forward for her comeback movie..I want her more shining n recognized for her talent both in dramas n movies.. FIGHTING!!!!!!

• Like 3

Korean reporters picked up on all the unnecessary speculation by people on IG and for once the Korean netizens took the reporters to the cleaners. 

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2019/04/wheres-song-hye-gyos-wedding-ring.html?m=1

Where's Song Hye Gyo's wedding ring?

2019041501001257200103551.jpg

ArticleSong Hye Gyo, no wedding ring on her ring finger

Source: Asia Today via Nate

1. [+1,086, -45] This is such an unnecessary article

2. [+939, -64] Do you all wear your wedding rings every day? Do you keep track of your co-workers wearing theirs? I don't get why people put such huge meaning behind someone wearing one. I get that it's the culture overseas but our country doesn't wear it on the regular unless you're dressing up for somewhere. Mind your own business, tsk tsk.

3. [+778, -43] How is this news...??

4. [+48, -5] There are so many people who will cheat with their wedding rings still on, there's no meaning to wearing one or not ㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+44, -3] No one cares whether other celebrity couples wear their rings or not, it's always the Song Song couple that people are obsessed with the ring over...

6. [+44, -7] Since when did actors wear their rings all the time? ㅋㅋ

7. [+40, -4] I'm traveling for work and I left mine at home in case I lose it

8. [+37, -3] People aren't like this with other couples, only Song Hye Gyo and Song Joong Ki ㅡㅡ

9. [+36, -5] I've never once worn my wedding ring since after my wedding

10. [+31, -4] I wore it for a month or two after my wedding and then got lazy and stopped;;
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Hello chingu @redbeanbuns nice to see you here again! I agree with everything that you said. Btw, pls take time and vote for kyo for the coming Baeksang awards. You can vote once per day and using any or all of the sns sites to login.

Here is the link:

https://m.vlive.tv/vote/129

1 hour ago, ahdrianaa said:

Korean reporters picked up on all the unnecessary speculation by people on IG and for once the Korean netizens took the reporters to the cleaners.

Aigooo~~~ I am so happy with these comments! Its time for the media to know that k netizens are not really keen on her ring anymore! 

• Like 1

Top Kdramas in 2018 In Terms of TV Ratings: Terrestrial Versus Cable

Park Shin-hye in a scene from 'Memories of the Alhambra'

In the second part of this post series called HIGHEST RATED 2018, we will first look at how the terrestrial and cable dramas generally performed in terms of TV ratings. If you’d like to see immediately the top 10 K-dramas in 2018 in relative terms, just scroll down until you see the first item of the list. But I highly recommend that you read the first paragraphs for some interesting K-drama ratings statistics.

Take note that our analyses for the following reports are only concerned with the average nationwide ratings (from Nielsen Korea) of the series. 

CENTER & DISPERSION

In the terrestrial TV category, the mean of the average ratings (=overall average rating) stands at 5.6%. Out of the 33 terrestrial dramas last year, 18 or 54.5% have average ratings lower than this number. The figure closest to this value is 5.5% and recorded by the KBS sci-fi romance drama Are You Human Too?

The median average rating is 4.8%, which belongs to the short SBS melodrama Exit. In other words, half (16) of the total terrestrial dramas have average ratings smaller than 4.8% while the other half have average ratings higher than this number.

The standard deviation of the average ratings is 2.8% and the range is 11.5%.

Average-Ratings-of-2018-Terrestrial-K-dramas.png?resize=677%2C419&ssl=1 

Meanwhile, the cable dramas obtained an overall average rating of 4.8% (closest to this value is Life‘s 4.7%), just less than 1 percentage point lower than its terrestrial counterpart. This record is quite something; in 2017, the difference stood at almost 5 percentage points since the terrestrial dramas had an overall average of 8.2% while their cable counterparts got 3.4%. In 2016, the gap is even higher, at 6 percentage points.

23 (or 62.2%) out of the 37 cable dramas have average ratings smaller than the overall average.

The median average rating is equal to 4.3%, which was recorded by My ID Is Gangnam Beauty. Meanwhile, the standard deviation and range are equal to 2.8% and 11.9%, respectively. 

Average-Ratings-of-2018-Cable-K-dramas.png?resize=678%2C420&ssl=1

RELATIVE VIEWERSHIP PERFORMANCE

I would like to introduce a term called the relative viewership performance (RVP), which is simply a grade or category assigned to a drama that describes how good or bad it performed (ratings-wise) relative to the overall performance of the group it belongs to (terrestrial or cable TV). It is determined by the standardized value of the average rating, or by how far from the overall average a drama’s average rating is in terms of standard deviation.

These are the 7 RVP grades and their corresponding standardized value and average ratings.

Estimated-Range-of-Average-Ratings-of-the-7-RVP-Grades-for-the-Year-2018.png?resize=629%2C290&ssl=1

According to this, 28 or 40.0% of the total dramas in 2018 have an average RVP and only 3 (or 4.3 %) obtained an excellent RVP. Meanwhile, 22.9% of the total are above-average, with the terrestrial and cable groups contributing 50% each.

Relative-Viewership-Performance-RVP-of-2018-K-dramas-1.png?w=840&ssl=1

We will release all the findings of our report this week, so make sure to come back here if you are interested in the information.

That’s it for the intro. Here is the relative ranking of 2018 Korean dramas:                                 7. ENCOUNTER (RVP: Good) — 1.33

Top-K-dramas-in-2018-In-Terms-of-TV-Ratings-7.png?w=840&ssl=1

This is Song Hye-kyo‘s comeback drama following her 2016 romantic series Descendants of the Sun (DOTS). Encounter didn’t end up like DOTS which surpassed 30% in ratings but it did achieve this record last year: the most successful Korean drama under the romance & romantic-comedy genres. It’s all thanks to Song and his co-star Park Bo-gum‘s status as very well-known actors who can actually deliver a badass performance. The series centers on a hotel CEO (Song) who has everything she needs, except for her freedom to do the things that really makes her happy. When she travels abroad for an official business trip, it’s business as usual for her until she meets the ordinary and free-spirited young man (Park) who will change her life forever. The series comes from the director of Jealousy Incarnate.            

ROUNDUP

What is this standardized value again? In simplest terms, it’s a number that represents how far from the overall average the drama’s average rating is in terms of standard deviation (if you’re also unfamiliar with this term, Google can help). It can be positive or negative; when it’s positive, it means the drama’s average rating is above the overall average and when it’s negative, the average rating is lower than the overall average.

Ranking-by-Standardized-Average-Rating.png?resize=700%2C371&ssl=1

So why are we having this ranking? It is wrong to compare cable dramas with terrestrial dramas using their actual average ratings because the former group tend to get lower ratings than the latter, i.e. cable drama X with a 3% rating is not necessarily doing poorly when compared with terrestrial drama Y with a 6% rating. Here’s an analogy, as a senior you get a final average grade of 88% in your science high school while your friend who is studying in a regular high school obtains 79%. While it’s true that you do have a higher grade (in absolute terms) compared with her, you can’t say that you did better than her because the two schools follow different curricula and ways of grading students. One way to better compare your performance with your friend is to determine how well each of you performed relative to the overall performance of your respective classes. Similarly, that’s basically what we are doing to answer this question: are terrestrial dramas doing better (ratings-wise) than their cable counterparts?

I’ll end this post by showing you the following numbers:

TERRESTRIAL TV DRAMAS

Mean Rating: 5.6%
Median Rating: 4.8%
Standard Deviation: 2.8%
No. of Dramas with above-average RVP: 24.2%
No. of Dramas with average rating higher than the overall average: 45.5%

CABLE TV DRAMAS

Mean Rating: 4.8%
Median Rating: 4.3%
Standard Deviation: 2.8%
No. of Dramas with above-average RVP: 21.6%
No. of Dramas with average rating higher than the overall average: 37.8%

So, which group did better? You be the judge.....source credit @https://www-kdramapal-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.kdramapal.com/top-kdramas-in-2018-in-terms-of-tv-ratings-terrestrial-versus-cable/amp/?amp_js_v=0.1#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.kdramapal.com%2Ftop-kdramas-in-2018-in-terms-of-tv-ratings-terrestrial-versus-cable%2F

Song Hye Kyo signs with Chinese director Wong Kar Wai's production company

ssjpg.jpgActress Song Hye Kyo is partnering up with director Wong Kar Wai.

On April 15, Song Hye Kyo's agency, UAA, announced, "Song Hye Kyo has signed the contract with director Wong Kar Wai's production company Jet Tone Films."

A day earlier, Song Hye Kyo attended a film festival in Hong Kong and shared, "I want to work on more projects with Chinese directors and actors." 

Back in 2013, Song Hye Kyo starred in Wong Kar Wai’s film 'The Grandmaster.' She is expected to expand her promotions in China under Jet Tone Films....source credit @https://www.allkpop.com/article/2019/04/song-hye-kyo-signs-with-chinese-director-wong-kar-wais-production-company

Entertainment

Actress Song Hye-kyo Joins Famed Director Wong Kar-wai's Studio

english.chosun.com | April 16, 2019 09:58
2019041600854_0.jpg Song Hye-kyo

Actress Song Hye-kyo has signed a contract with renowned Hong Kong director Wong Kar-wai's film studio.

Song attended the Hong Kong Film Awards as a presenter on Sunday and told local media that she joined Jet Tone Films, which Wong established in 1992.

"Wong and Jet Tone Films are good friends," Song said. "Signing the contract will allow me to work with many great Chinese directors and actors."

The production company welcomed Song, who starred in Wong's 2013 film "The Grandmaster," in a notice posted on Chinese social media platform Weibo.

The company manages many famous Chinese actors including Carina Lau, Maggie Cheung and Tony Leung...         source credit @http://english.chosun.com/m/svc/article.html?contid=2019041600863&Dep0=www.headlinegrabber.org&utm_source=www.headlinegrabber.org&utm_medium=unknown&utm_campaign=english

SBS Star                                                                           Song Hye Kyo Signs with a Chinese Production 
Updated Tue Apr 16 14:10:00 KST 2019Song Hye Kyo Signs with a Chinese ProductionKorean actress Song Hye Kyo has signed a contract with a Hong Kong-based production company. On April 15, Song Hye Kyo attended 'Hong Kong Film Awards' as an award presenter and announced the news herself.Song Hye Kyo (AP/Yonhap)

Song Hye Kyo said, "After signing this contract, I believe that I will cooperate with more outstanding Chinese directors and actors in the future."

Following the news, her Korean management agency United Artist Agency confirmed, "Song Hye Kyo has signed a contract with film director Wong Kar Wai's production company Jet Tone Films."

Song Hye Kyo (AP/Yonhap)

Jet Tone Films manages high-profile Chinese and Hong Kongese film stars including Tony Leung Chiu Wai and Maggie Cheung.

Song Hye Kyo previously starred in Wong Kar Wai's 2013 film 'The Grandmaster' alongside Tony Leung Chiu Wai.

Song Hye Kyo (AP/Yonhap)

The company also welcomed Song Hye Kyo through its official social media account, saying, "Song Hye Kyo, who we became connected through 'The Grandmaster', has come from far away after crossing mountains and oceans. Welcome."

(Credit= AP/Yonhap News Agency)

(SBS Star)....source credit @https://news.sbs.co.kr/amp/news.amp?news_id=N1005224531&cmd=amp&news_id=N1005224531&__twitter_impression=true

• Like 1
  • Love 2

hey guys, can I ask you a question? As I know that, Kyo has completed in appearing on 5 biggest magazines in China: Vogue, Elle, Marie Clare, Cosmo and Bazaar and she is the only Korea star that having first face on full of China magazines. However, It seems like she doesn't appear in 5 Korea magazine, right? I just know she appears in Vogue, Elle and Bazaar Korea, how about Cosmo and Marie Clare? she is the cover model for Vogue for many times but she doesnt appear on Cosmo and Marie even once time while Vogue is more difficult to be the cover face than two of magazines? I'm so curious about the reason. Besides, do you know any special information about her in the fashion world just like Channel and Dior? actually, I want to summarize the specific infor about Kyo in the fashion field. I cant do it by myself so I'm  here to ask all of your favors. thank you very much.

Edited by Craniata
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Another day, another chance to vote!!

Posting the link here!

Spreading the word the best I can. And voted too! 

Song Hye Kyo is nominated for Most Favorite Actress in the Baeksang Awards. PLEASE VOTE!

Lurkers and Members. Please show your support! You can vote using fb, twitter, weibo etc etc or you can use all if you have accounts to every one of these sns. Vote once per day!

Have you voted for song hye kyo and park bo gum yet? Theyre nominated for most favorite actor and actress! 

For Kyo:

https://m.vlive.tv/vote/129

• Like 2

Song Hye-Kyo Signs Second Contract with the Makers of the Grandmaster.Updated: 16-04-2019 20:15 IST Created: 16-04-2019 20:15 IST. 

Song Hye-Kyo Signs Second Contract with the Makers of the Grandmaster

Song has been looking forward to interacting with the actors and actresses again. Image Credit: Wikimedia Commons

Song Hye-kyo, Korean actress has signed a partnership contract with Jet Tone Film production on the sidelines of the 38th Hong Kong Film Awards. Since being part of 'The Grandmaster', the 2013 Hong Kong - Chinese martial arts drama film by director Wong Kar-wai, Song has been looking forward to interacting with the actors and actresses again. "The director and I are really good friends. I believe in the future I will have many opportunities to work with outstanding Chinese directors and actors."

Viewers have praised her 'graceful interpretation' of the oriental women, and described it like 'observing a piece of art'. At the 38th Hong Kong Film Awards, Song walked the red carpet in a stunning black, deep plunge dress. This was the second time she participated in the event after a 12 year hiatus...source credit @https://www.devdiscourse.com/article/entertainment/481739-song-hye-kyo-signs-second-contract-with-the-makers-of-the-grandmaster

• Like 1

This article by kstarlive went down the drain for me when they mistakenly said her dress is from “whoever” when its from avouavou. :thumbsdown: Poor journalism.

I mean, that look was not my most favorite look but she still carried it with elegance and grace. 

• Like 2