Im Yoon A (임윤아)

Guest Soy

December 18, 2013
Lee Beom-soo, Yoona signs up for a contracted marriage
Source: KBS Global
imageLee Beom-soo and Yoona, arguably the hottest couple on the small screen in Korea today, signs a contract, to be married.

And that means ratings boost for the popular new drama series "Prime Minister & I".According to the latest numbers from Nielsen Korea, episode 3 recorded 7.3%, that's a 1.9% spike from the previous week.All other Monday/Tuesday dramas feel the pinch!Right now Prime Minister & I ranks 2nd in the ratings department among Mon/Tues dramas. On the December 16th episode, Prime Minister Kwon Yool(Lee Beom-soo) made it public that he is dating Nam Da-jeong)Yoona).He is forced into a position where he had to propose to her in public.And now they are about to embark on an incredible adventure of starting a relationship with marriage first. Da-jeong is constantly getting into trouble and painting herself to a corner, but Kwon swoops in just in time to bail her out ever so often.And it seems romance is inevitably blossoming between the two.The two never seem to see eye to eye on anything, and they constantly bicker and argue!But the viewers find their love quarrels simply adorable. Kwon and Nam continue to get tangled up in more than one sense of the word!In one instance, Nam's hair gets caught in Kwon's cuff.They try to get separated but it seems like the harder they struggle, the more tangled up the two become.Outside the room they are heard moaning and screaming "It hurts!" "Hold still! Easy, easy, here it comes!"  Kwon's PR officer Seo Hae-joo(Chae Jeong-an) has to stop people from coming near the room.And had to stand guard.This scene was watched and loved by many avid viewers and is by far the most hilarious moment in the show. Although Kwon seemed cold and serious at first, we slowly get to see the more gentle, caring side of him, as he continues to step up to protect and care for Da-jeong. Da-jeong asks Kwon to marry her while she was drunk.Kang In-ho(Yoon Shi-yoon) overhears their conversations and assume Nam is after him for power and fame.But Kwon seriously considers the contract marriage after learning that Da-jeong's father is in death bed and the youngest son Man-se misses having a mom. Da-jeong goes on to volunteer in making Kimchi for the less priviledged, as requested by Luri, and idol star.But there, she runs into a team of volunteers comprised of the wives of ministers.They pull no punches as they directly accuse her of trying to move up in the world by marrying the Prime Minister.The ladies are furious and fierce, and they are unfraid to use harsh words.Tension escalates, as Da-jeong refuses to back down.Just as the ladies are about to get physical, Kwon Yool shows up just in the nick of time. He simply blurts out "What a shame for people in power to act so juvenile.""I can't just sit idly by while you people do some good. I'll send more napa cabbages. Well, then, have fun!"And simply grabs Da-jeong's hand and takes off.Kwon Yool proposes to Da-jeong and their contractual agreement begins. 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

December 19, 2013
[Chatting With the Stars] YoonA, “Hope You Love Our New Drama, Prime Minister”
Source: BNTNews
duvu56vp0oxsfbgnienq1d3x54tcy0j2.jpg
[by Chloe Yun] Girls Generation YoonA and actor Lee Beom Soo are making people laugh and cry with their new romantic comedy drama ‘Prime Minister.’ 
The two stars described ‘Prime Minister’ as a Christmas present, for it will warm the hearts of the audience in this freezing winter.
Actor Lee Beom Soo said, “A man started growing up after he met one woman. Story about Prime Minister falling in love with a female reporter sounds quite interesting, but the drama has a lot of comical, humorous factors. You might enjoy watching it.”
When asked about his partner YoonA, he answered, “To objectively evaluate her as an actress, she deserves a lot of compliments. She is very earnest and sincere. I want to say that she is one of the most attractive actresses.”
We can not help but wonder how the new couple will captivate our mind through their romantic comedy drama ‘Prime Minister.’ (photo by  KBS Kwave magazine, bntnews DB)

December 19, 2013
[Chatting With the Stars] YoonA Turns into Sexy Martial Artist
89gihksmamaw02uu6664xrmk094ohbwf.jpg
[by Chloe Yun] Girls Generation YoonA and actor Lee Beom Soo are making people laugh and cry with their new romantic comedy drama ‘Prime Minister.’ 
The two stars described ‘Prime Minister’ as a Christmas present, for it will warm the hearts of the audience in this freezing winter.
Actor Lee Beom Soo said, “A man started growing up after he met one woman. Story about Prime Minister falling in love with a female reporter sounds quite interesting, but the drama has a lot of comical, humorous factors. You might enjoy watching it.”
When asked about his partner YoonA, he answered, “To objectively evaluate her as an actress, she deserves a lot of compliments. She is very earnest and sincere. I want to say that she is one of the most attractive actresses.”
We can not help but wonder how the new couple will captivate our mind through their romantic comedy drama ‘Prime Minister.’ (photo by  KBS Kwave magazine, bntnews DB)

December 19, 2013
YoonA To Give off Charisma at Filming Site
c01xd7tridzy3lk3f9v8wbifrtgyf5rh.jpg

December 20, 2013
YoonA, “I Hope ‘Prime Minister’ Give You Joy Like Christmas Gift”
cthhjeo30e4071mzbvrbaqxp4ocrzrd2.jpg
[by Cho Na Young / translated by Chloe Yun] New Korean drama has come to our room right before Christmas. Starring YoonA of Girls’ Generation and actor Lee Beom Soo, KBS 2TV ‘Prime Minister’ caught our attention with its unique story and fancy casting. 
We met the two ‘Prime Minister’ stars—YoonA and Lee Beom Soo—at KBS drama studio where they were shooting the first episode. 
“I hope the camera fully capture this joyful atmosphere in here!”
al9kpmcor6oow1eymvzncn4626mrnqio.jpg

YoonA Becomes a Female Reporter
Girls’ Generation YoonA’s smile seem to warm our heart in this freezing winter. I could hear her laughter when she comes in.
Her beautiful face was gleaming in a red sweater. When I showed YoonA her filmography, she smiled like a little girl, pointed at one movie, and said, “That is my first-ever movie.”wtvjb1gx1g4rr61c9095bztk7jpb3hep.jpg

It was ‘Bottom of the 9th with 2 Outs.’ Before getting the title of Girls’ Generation, YoonA first made small screen debut as actress Lim YoonA. 
2hyhu2wcxaqj2u9dfyqibjd4fqkt7t8y.jpg

YoonA had to deal with failing countless auditions before she met her destined character, ‘Saebyuk’ from KBS ‘You Are My Destiny,’ which eventually proved her quality and potential as an actress. 
1v7lnsnat4kknjnt8520e63jld3iw18n.jpg

To remove the controversy and criticism on her acting skill, YoonA has been working really hard to develop herself as a good actress. Finally, people started seeing her as a real actress, not just as an idol star who appears on TV drama. 
m4yzmb165afijt2hotgso92zcu9zk6cw.jpg

From ‘Prime Minister,’ she plays a female reporter who falls in love with Prime Minister Lee Beom Soo. Love story of Prime Minister and female itself sounds quite interesting, but how the couple will show their love chemistry would be what makes people excited the most. 
btppyyasa0hhv3v8ql06vv7a4x0mchne.jpg

“Lee Beom Soo has very strong charisma. I was a little worried because I thought he would be scary. But he was actually nice and playful. It was so nice that he teaches me! We really enjoy filming, so I hope people can feel this joyful atmosphere, too, when watching our drama. ”
Despite of her young age, she knows the importance of giving. She gave all the staff members a pair of shoes as a present, making the studio warmer and happier. 
52iuldvz9uwhlbeeo3fjmuhx6zwyc1r7.jpg

We cannot help but wonder how this charming actress will captivate our mind with her new romantic drama ‘Prime Minister.’  (photo by KBS ‘Prime Minister’ official poster, KBS Kwave Magazine, bntnews DB)

December 27, 2013
[steal Her Style] ‘Prime Minister and I’ YoonA’s Cute Lovely Blouse
w9sh1lr1mi2229b5t0qwtg4lvbzko9ua.jpg
[by Chloe Yun] YoonA’s lovely styles from each episode of ‘Prime Minister and I’ always catch female viewers’ attention.  
Especially from the 6th episode that aired on December 24, YoonA created lovely feminine look by matching her navy printed blouse with ivory sweater and casual coat.
The navy star print blouse that YoonA wore from the series was from REBECCA MINKOFF, and it became a best-seller right after she appeared in it, according to the representative of REBECCA MINKOFF. 
Meanwhile, YoonA’s romantic comedy drama ‘Prime Minister and I’ airs Mondays and Tuesdays on KBS at 10:00PM (KST). (photo captured from KBS ‘Prime Minister and I’)

January 2, 2014
Girls' Generation's YoonA Wins an Award as an Actress

BNTNews
gmiu3i7az7qn6wvichycb34223wi57zb.jpg

[by Cho Suyoun / photo by Kim Chi Yoon] On December 31, '2013 KBS Drama Awards' was held at KBS Hall in Yeouido, Seoul.
On this day, actress Kim Hye Soo received the grand prize for her role Miss Kim in 'Queen of Office.' At that time, Kim Hye Soo caused 'Miss Kim Syndrome' as her charismatic yet comical acting skill captured the audience's hearts.
Along with Kim Hye Soo, following actors and actresses were awarded by KBS:
▶Best Actor: Joo Won, Ji Sung▶Best Actress: Hwang Jung Eum▶Excellent Actor in Medium-Length Drama: Joo Sang Wook▶Excellent Actress in Medium-Length Drama: Moon Chae Won▶Best Actor in Mini Series: Oh Ji Ho▶Best Actress in Mini Series: YoonA▶Best Actor in Full-length Drama: Cho Jung Suk, Cho Sung Ha▶Best Actress om Full-length DDrama: Lee Mi Sook, Lee Tae Ran▶Best Actor in Daily Drama: Kim Suk Hoon▶Best Actress in Daily Drama: Lee So Yeon▶Best Couples: Lee Beom Soo-YoonA, Joo Won-Moon Chae Won, Oh Ji Ho-Kim Hye Soo, Ji Sung-Hwawng Jung Eum, Cho Jung Seok-IU▶Best Supporting Actor: Bae Soo Bin▶Best Supporting Actress: Lee Da Hee▶Popular Actor: Ji Sung▶Popular Actress: Moon Chae Won▶Rookie of the Year: Jung Woo, Han Joo Wan, IU, Kyung Soo Jin▶Best Teen Actor: Yeon Joon Suk▶Best Teen Actress: Kim Yoo Bin▶Best One-Act Play: BoA, Choi Daniel,Yoo Oh Sung, Han Ye Ri▶Award by Producers: Joo Won▶Award by Fans: Joo Won, Hwang Jung Eum

January 2, 2014
Since When Have Lee Seung Gi and YoonA Been Dating?
ofodh5xplswurg46x3ni4q6qg4rup9h4.jpg
[by Chloe Yun] As Singer Lee Seung Gi and Girl’s Generation’s YoonA admitted to their romantic relationship, their previous physical contact from SBS Talk Show ‘Strong Heart’ became a hot issue among online communities. 
On January 1 celebrity news website ‘Dispatch’ revealed that Lee Seung Gi and YoonA have been in relationship for four months since last September. According to ‘Dispatch,’ the two top stars usually dated in Lee Seung Gi’s car due to their busy schedule.
YoonA’s agency S.M. Entertainment admitted Dispatch's disclosure and said, “They are still getting to know each other.”  
Lee Seung Gi’s agency HOOK Entertainment also announced, “They are very cautious of their relationship. They couldn't meet each other very often because of their busy schedule. They are dating very sweetly so hope fans cheer for them too.” (photo captured from SBS ‘Strong Heart)

January 2, 2014
[steal Her Style] ‘Prime Minister and I’ YoonA’s Lovely Padding Jacket
981iirpccc9cga847zhho7ajrtr3d6yb.jpg
[by Chloe Yun] As YoonA admitted to her romantic relationship with Lee Seung Gi, her lovely style from TV drama ‘Prime Minister’ has been getting more attention. 

Especially from the last episode that aired on December 30, YoonA showed a perfect date look for winter. She created a casual lovely style in a beige padding jacket, which also protected her from Seoul’s freezing weather. 
Meanwhile, the beige padding jacket that YoonA wore was DISCOVERY EXPEDITION’s hot selling product, ‘MILFORD DOWN JACKET.’ (photo by DISCOVERY EXPEDITION and KBS2 ‘Prime Minister and I.’ 

January 8, 2014
Ratings: Tues, 01.07.14Love Sparks with ‘Prime Minister’ and Ratings Stand Still
CJ E&M enewsWorld Grace Danbi Hong

On Tuesday night, Kwon Yul (Lee Bum Soo) made a move after tiptoeing around Nam Da Jung (Yoona) and his feelings for her. 
It must be the miracle of love, because ratings for KBS’ Prime Minister and I did not decrease at all. The ratings didn’t increase either, but for Prime Minster and I to stay past the five percent range, it is something to be excited for as the drama previously struggled with lower ratings. 
Meanwhile, MBC’s Empress Ki climbed up to 19.1 while SBS’ A Warm Word entered into two digits with 10.5 percent. 
imageTuesday, January 7, 2014Dramas
1. MBC Empress Ki 17.9 →19.1
2. SBS A Warm Word 8.6 →10.5
3. KBS Prime Minister and I 7.3 →7.3 
Variety/Awards
1. KBS Our Neighborhood’s Variety and Sports 8.1
2. SBS My Heart Beats 3.4
*All ratings are based on AGB Nielsen Media Research
Photo Credit: KBS

January 15, 2014
‘The Prime Minister and I’ Yoona, To Present Luxurious Date Look
Source: BNTNews
[by Sunghee Park] On last episode of KBS drama ‘The Prime Minister & I,’ romance of Yoona and Lee Bum Soo captured people’s attention.
In the episode, Lee Bum Soo prepares an event to celebrate the 100 days of their marriage. To celebrate the anniversary, Yoona presents the luxurious and elegant prime minister’s wife fashion, capturing the eyes of audiences. 
On that day, Yoona wore feminine coat and elegant hair with burgundy color bag, creating an elegant winter fashion. 
Especially, the burgundy bag, which she matched with simple attire, functioned as point item that is matched with various coats. The bag is known as the FW new item from global handbag brand Samantha Thavasa. Moreover, Simple design and refined colors are emphasized from this bag that it could be greatly matched with both office look and casual look. 
Meanwhile, audiences’ curiosity of how Yoona and Prime minister would romantically develop their love line is increasing each day.  (photo by KBS drama ‘Prime Minister and I’ capture)

January 19, 2014
[star of the Week] SNSD′s Yoona
CJ E&M enewsWorld Elizabeth Eun
 36866668.jpg
It′s time for a lady to take the reins as Star of the Week, and who better than the Prime Minister′s wife?
We asked you guys to vote for the top Star of the Week for the 3rd week of January, and the Girls′ Generation member who′s been doing double duty as a politician′s wife (and top star′s girlfriend) took first place!
Yoona is, as we all know, currently starring in KBS2′s Prime Minister and I, but even though she′s doing respectably well in the drama, her most recent headline making news was with another man (ahem-boyfriendLeeSeungGi-ahem). 
93605559.jpg
Still everyone′s surprise, the reaction was generally positive - proven by the fact that Yoona raked in 49.3% of the votes, beating out LeeSsang′s Gary, B1A4 and Ailee. 

Perhaps when you′re Yoona (and ahem, Star of the Week), you can get away with anything?
Photo credit: Innisfree, Mwave

January 19, 2014
'Prime Minister & Me' New steal cuts of Yoon Ah unleashed
Source: STARN News
20140119120902_52db41ce27b47_1.jpg
New steal cuts of Yoon Ah are becoming a hot issue.
On January 19th, the production team of KBS 2TV drama 'Prime Minister & Me' unleashed new steal cuts of Yoon Ah.
Yoon Ah is casting in 'Prime Minister & Me' as a lovely girl named Nam Da Jung, and many viewers are making a lot of compliments for her performance after broadcast of every episodes.
The steal cuts show Yoon Ah's different facial expressions.
While she is showing a lovely look, having a drink in one photo, she shows a serious look in another one, and many people are showing great reactions for her different expressions.
The production agency of 'Prime Minister & Me' said, "Yoon Ah is showing perfect expressions even though it must have been a big challenge for her to play the role.
They went on, "All of the staffs are always getting a lot of energies and motivations thanks to Yoon Ah's passionate attitude."
Meanwhile, 'Prime Minister & Me' airs on every Monday and Tuesday at 10 PM.
/Reporting by Kim Hye-in jp@starnnews.com

January 21, 2014
Yoon A, To Present Perfect Look with Her Circle Lenz ‘Fresh Look Illuminate’
Source: BNTNews qqpbvhto5r4lzynfutc1cak3nhi5dygt.jpg[by Sunghee Park] Yoon A of Girl’s Generation released a secret know-how that gathers people’s attention, through newly on aired CF ‘Fresh Look Illuminate.’
Recently, Korea Alcon announced Yoon A’s appearance in their new TV CF. Yoon A from Girl’s Generation has been selected as an exclusive model of contact lens ‘Fresh Look Illuminate’ and one day vision correction lens ‘Dailies.’ 
The recent CF of Yoon A contains the theme of ‘To have Fresh look with Any Clothes’ that it explains the various styles that could be made by Fresh Look Illuminate. Especially, in this commercial, Yoon A presents three kinds of looks, flaunting her attraction and beautiful eye. These looks include Modern Look, Feminine Look, and Girlish Look. 
One official from Korea Alcon said, “The CF was produced based on Yoon A’s eye which flaunts variety of feelings. We hope people can flaunt their beautiful eyes like Yoon A by wearing the different color circle lens.
Meanwhile, new commercial of ‘Fresh Look Illuminate’ will be on aired from January at cable TV and official homepage of Fresh Look.(photo by Fresh Look)

January 21, 2014
“Prime Minister and I” YoonA’s roles in 14 different expressions
by Jamie KoreanDrama.com
20140119020256_0.jpg
From the drama “Prime Minister and I”, YoonA has shown 14 different expressions on how she portrays her roles.
KBS2 drama “Prime Minister and I” released photos of YoonA’s “chameleon” looks in 14 different angles. These photos have drawn the viewers’ attention and seemed to be very eye-catching, also because of her beautiful features. Through the drama, YoonA’s role has played a big part in the development and improvement of her acting skills. She knows when to show her sweet side, the serious looks, the cute or brat looks as well. She’s quite good with different expressions.
Being a mother in the drama, has also been a challenging role for YoonA. She had to act as a mother who neutralizes the situation, handles a good and calm conversation and gently gives a motherly love. Considering as a second mother for the minister’s children, it would really be a challenging character to build up for.
A publisher of the drama said, “YoonA develops well as the drama goes on. She’s like a flower that continuously blooms. Her youthful look is the opposite of the role that she’s portraying in the drama. Somehow, she positively delivers her character very well as the wife of the prime minister as a well as a mother. She really has made a remarkable development in her acting ability.”

Thank you, rubie, for continuing to provide information and posts on so many artist's here at Soompi!  =D> It seems rather strange, to me,  that Yoona, who is arguably as popular as any actress/singer in Korea rarely rates a comment here :-?? , but she certainly gets megatons of exposure and support in many other ports. Thanks again, for everything that you do for us... :-*

January 23, 2014
A happy family trip in Jeongdongjin [Prime Minister & I]
Source: KBS Global
1963_5324_l.jpg
1963_5325_l.jpg

Dajeong and Kwon’s children visit Jeongdongjin following Prime Minister Kwon.
A family trip after a long time makes Dajeong and the children happy. 1963_5327_l.jpg

A happy family gathering.
There are becoming a real family as time goes by. While the feelings for each other have grown, will they be able to keep their feelings when they aware of Nayoung’s existence? Don’t miss the next episode of ‘Prime Minister & I' on Monday at 10 pm on KBS 2TV.

Archived