[movie 2004] Taegukgi : The Brotherhood Of War 태극기 휘날리

Guest chibikko

Jisung! You're a legend! Many thanks for that TGK US DVD review, TGK premiere pics in Japan, best looking list and for that translation of the article on TGK. Mwah!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jisung! You're a legend! Many thanks for that TGK US DVD review, TGK premiere pics in Japan, best looking list and for that translation of the article on TGK. Mwah!

Just what does a "legend" mean, jhing? :P Remember Lauren Bacall's quite violent reaction to that word being used to refer to Nicole Kidman? And lemme say now that am nowhere near Ms. Kidman's age, or accomplishments for that matter! :lol:

Thanks for the links! :) Everyone, go see Taegukgi please!

ahhhhhhh I never got a chance to watch this movie yet!

all my friends watched it and recommend it and told me to watch it but I never got a chance to go get my copy... need to get it soon!!! :D but I really love the song boa sing in the movie "we" it was a touchin, powerful song I heard from movies :P

thanks 4 sharing these awesome pic with us!! ^_^

Just what does a "legend" mean, jhing? :P Remember Lauren Bacall's quite violent reaction to that word being used to refer to Nicole Kidman? And lemme say now that am nowhere near Ms. Kidman's age, or accomplishments for that matter! :lol:

Thanks for the links! Everyone, go see Taegukgi please!

:lol: In my dictionary/vocabulary a legend means "the best" "the coolest". So when I referred to u as a legend I meant it as "you're the best, you're the coolest! hahahahaha :lol:

ahhhhhhh I never got a chance to watch this movie yet!

all my friends watched it and recommend it and told me to watch it but I never got a chance to go get my copy... need to get it soon!!! :D but I really love the song boa sing in the movie "we" it was a touchin, powerful song I heard from movies :P

thanks 4 sharing these awesome pic with us!! ^_^

Ohh you need to go watch this film ASAP. It's highly recommended. The best war film ever made.

i loved this movie~~ very graphic.. so darn cool

I couldn't stand to watch graphic materials till this movie came along. I couldn't believe I sat through it the whole time without even losing the contents of my stomach via my mouth. :lol: I was so proud of myself after watching this movie. Now, I could stomach any graphic and gory films thanks to this awesome movie.

excerpts of an interview with dong gun, originally posted by ruffluv109 at jdg's thread, soompi! :)

A CHAT WITH JANG DONG GUN

Q: What impressed you the most when you made "Taegukgi"?

A: While I was making the film, I came to realize the true meaning of peace. There were body parts and injured people everywhere at the scene. It was truly frightening as if I was facing the war personally. Under the circumstances, you would hope that war would not come true. It is really horrifying.

Q: Was it really difficult making "Taegukgi"?

A: Due to the expense involved in the making Taegukgi, it did not allow any redo. Therefore, you have to focus and imagine the explosive scene. The expense was beyond description even it was only one-hour delay during the making. If it was at a very special scene, an actor has to express his feelings at the right moment, pay special attention to the timing and location of explosion and cannot ignore even the most minor details.

Q: Did you give Won Bin any guidance?

A; I have always answer Won Bin's request. I sometimes demonstrate some acting so that we can have better coordination.

Q: I hear that you suffered a lot even had a broken knee.

A: Yes, my left knee was injured during the making of Taegukgi. The pain and suffering I experience was no big deal. I would be very irresponsible thinking of only myself while making the biggest Korean movie. Many problems we encounter were more important than my injury.

Q: Is that is most satisfying film during your career?

A: I have never felt satisfied while I was making the film. I always felt there is room for improvement. Then I would be filled with the love from the audience. For the audience, I would never choose to escape from my responsibility. I can feel how I should be as an actor Jang Dong-gun.

Source: Beijing News

Credits: www.jang-donggun.com

excerpts of an interview with dong gun, originally posted by ruffluv109 at jdg's thread, soompi! :)

A CHAT WITH JANG DONG GUN

Q: What impressed you the most when you made "Taegukgi"?

A: While I was making the film, I came to realize the true meaning of peace. There were body parts and injured people everywhere at the scene. It was truly frightening as if I was facing the war personally. Under the circumstances, you would hope that war would not come true. It is really horrifying.

Q: Was it really difficult making "Taegukgi"?

A: Due to the expense involved in the making Taegukgi, it did not allow any redo. Therefore, you have to focus and imagine the explosive scene. The expense was beyond description even it was only one-hour delay during the making. If it was at a very special scene, an actor has to express his feelings at the right moment, pay special attention to the timing and location of explosion and cannot ignore even the most minor details.

Q: Did you give Won Bin any guidance?

A; I have always answer Won Bin's request. I sometimes demonstrate some acting so that we can have better coordination.

Q: I hear that you suffered a lot even had a broken knee.

A: Yes, my left knee was injured during the making of Taegukgi. The pain and suffering I experience was no big deal. I would be very irresponsible thinking of only myself while making the biggest Korean movie. Many problems we encounter were more important than my injury.

Q: Is that is most satisfying film during your career?

A: I have never felt satisfied while I was making the film. I always felt there is room for improvement. Then I would be filled with the love from the audience. For the audience, I would never choose to escape from my responsibility. I can feel how I should be as an actor Jang Dong-gun.

Source: Beijing News

Credits: www.jang-donggun.com

another treasure! tq! must go check out jdg thread too. must have heaps of treasure on tgk there.

another treasure! tq! must go check out jdg thread too. must have heaps of treasure on tgk there.

Heaps of treasure to be found here in this thread, bunzie, but u're welcome to visit dong gun's thread anytime! :)

Thanks for posting the excerpts of JDG's interview in here Jisung!

The pleasure is mine, jhing! :P

The Captures from the wrap up of 'Taegukgi' filming

Source: http://tvzonebbs4.media.daum.net

Credits: YoonEe, jdg english forum board

dg_wb_01.jpg

dg_wb_02.jpg

dg_wb_03.jpg

dg_wb_04.jpg

dg_wb_05.jpg

dg_wb_06.jpg

dg_wb_07.jpg

bonus pic, courtesy of ruffluv109 :P

ruffTGG.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhh Jisung dearie! Those caps! I saw that bit in the special features/BTS of TGK dvd (the one released here in Australia). In fact, they showed WB being interviewed and you could see JDG behind WB and he, JDG was sorta playing up or distracting WB and WB just looked at him and then they both laughed. hehehe They were so cute in that BTS and they really looked like they were brothers the way they complimented each other. *sigh :lol:

And oh, that last pic u posted could I post that over to my WB's thread? :D Is that ok with u? hehehe Thanks!

And oh, that last pic u posted could I post that over to my WB's thread? :D Is that ok with u? hehehe Thanks!

Go ahead jhing! Have to go get my own copy of the US DVD! :P

Thanks Jisung! Mwah! :D

Gitakawaii - welcome to the thread dearie. hehe

acestro - this movie was indeed very sad. There were some parts that just broke my heart in two. That scene in the train was so painful to watch. WB and JDG were really good in that scene. My heart went out to them esp. to the mother and JDG's fiancee. When WB was screaming omma to his mother, maaaan I was bawling my eyes out like a baby. Very powerful scene indeed.

Jhing, u're always welcome, no trouble at all, and u're welcome to re-post the news/caps/pics anywhere u deem they'd do good! I've been doing the same (and have been extremely lucky so far)! :P I've only watched this film once and even then it took some preparation just to sit infront of the TV and sit through it. Merely talking or writing about it tears me up, even after more than a month! :(

Jisung - Do you plan on watching this awesome film again? :D Coz it's true what they say, it's even better and more enjoyable the second time you watch it. I think I've seen this movie 20 times already and I'd just end up in tears each time. Ok maybe 5 times? :lol:

I just love this movie. I can't get enough of it and WB. :lol:

i watched this movie already and i have to say it's the BEST war movie:D it's very touching and i actually enjoyed it very much excluding the gross part.

yes it's THE BEST!! i love the chemistry between the two brothers..jang dong gun and won bin...they're both great actors..they should win an oscar..

Jhing thankss!! when it comes to won bin...Im always present LOL

Archived