[drama 2004] My 19 Year Old Sister In Law 형수님은 열아홉

Guest jgabriel2005

Guest fobster #1

man, i really want to watch this drama. The two main leads are cute together. I didn't find dabin pretty either, like i guess i saw potential haha. The main lead actor is cute, kinda glad kim jae won is co-star, not main lead. Ahhh i'm really waiting patiently for the subs..honest.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hanjieun888

i really love to watch this series but i can't watch it unless it's holiday. so i just read summary episodes of this on forums like tsinoy forum... though i'm just reading the summary, i can feel the series... the chemistry and the story is worth it!.... i love dabin and kyesang... they look great together just like dabin and rae won in attic cat.... :)

00544616_2.jpg

gahh, i love love kye sang in this movie :)

im so glad that he's out of G.O.D

Hi vicodin - [My Sister-in-law is 19] was a tv drama, not a movie. The pc of KS was from this drama too.

I personally felt a bit sad in seeing him leaving god....but who knows...after KyeSang, HoYoung and TaeWoo had finished the military services, hopefully to see a reunion of god in five.

:D

Guest vicodin

Hi vicodin - [My Sister-in-law is 19] was a tv drama, not a movie. The pc of KS was from this drama too.

I personally felt a bit sad in seeing him leaving god....but who knows...after KyeSang, HoYoung and TaeWoo had finished the military services, hopefully to see a reunion of god in five.

:D

hahaha hi dabin..

yes i know it's a k-series.. i watched it up to eps 6 and havent watched the rest till now :P

Posting an article about why SBS did this drama

Cinderella story turns over new leaf

Date July 27, 2004

Korea's prime time TV dramas have long been dominated by Cinderella stories in various guises. The ratings for these dramas are still remarkably high, showing that the formula is still loved by the viewers.

But when three of the most popular dramas on television these days all follow the same plot of a poor girl being swept off her feet by a prince, it seems about time for someone to say "enough is enough."

So what does a broadcaster do?

"We will be turning over a new leaf for viewers who are tired of watching the same old thing on TV," said one of the producers of Seoul Broadcasting System's new nighttime drama, "My Teenage Sister-in-law" at the news conference last Wednesday (July 21).

The new soap, which will air its first episode Wednesday (July 28), will compete directly with two of the top three TV dramas, "The Prince Imperial's Love" and "Full House," on Wednesday and Thursday nights. These two became popular by using the typical Cinderella story as a means of showcasing the lifestyle of the well-heeled.

"We may have put in less money compared to the two other dramas, but I can assure you that we put in enormous efforts. And our drama follows a fresh plot that will give viewers something new to look forward to," said director Lee Chang-han.

The drama focuses on love between a boy and his probable sister-in-law, who are high school classmates.

Han Yoo-min (Jung Da-bin) is a perky teenager who reluctantly agrees to become the "fake" fiancée of rich doctor Kang Min-jae (Kim Jae-won) after making up a web of lies. Kang, who starts the fake engagement for fun, slowly finds his feelings growing for this lively teenager.

Meanwhile Kang's younger brother Seung-jae (Yoon Kye-sang) is astonished by the fact that his sister-in-law to-be is only a teenager who is the same age as he. After continuous wrangling and quarreling, he finds himself falling for Yoo-min, too.

Jung Da-bin, the heroin of last year's popular Munhwa Broadcasting Corp. drama "Cat in the Rooftop Room", plays the charming and diminutive Yoo-min. Yoon Kye-sang, a member of the famous pop group god, takes his first shot at acting by playing the brother-in-law, Seung-jae.

Director Lee said that he concentrated on selecting the right actors for the roles. He picked Jung because of her rosy and baby-like features. "Yoo-min is a character who hides a sad story behind her happy smiles. I wanted someone who could still make a cheerful girl out of her, and so Jung was just right for the role."

As the story unfolds, a tragic past is revealed that left Yoo-min and Seung-jae's family mutual enemies. Yoo-min's father is a son of major conglomerate owner. After he disappears under mysterious circumstances, Seung-jae's mother, who is a friend of Yoo-min's mom, runs away with his money. Yoo-min's mother dies of shock, and young Yoo-min becomes an orphan.

Actress Jung said she has tried to bring out Yoo-min's bounciness as much as possible in the first part of the drama in order to emphasize the sorrow she will experience after coming across the dark secret that will shatter her love.

Singer Yoon Kye-sang's close friend Jang-hyuk, a well-known movie star, gave Yoon the desire to start his acting career. "He was always addicted to the character that he was playing. I first thought that he was mad, but then I wanted to see what it felt like to be mad," Yoon said with a laugh.

"I know that it was risky to cast Yoon who had no experience in acting," said director Lee. "But I did not cast him because he was a popular singer. I did so because of the potential I saw in him."

The director emphasized that the plot is new and striking, but it still seems to include all the tried-and-true formulas. Love triangles, a hidden dark secret, and ill-fated love between the main characters have all been used repeatedly. And the rich fiancee Kang is dangerously close to a Prince Charming.

But director Lee said that the keynote is the love between the future in-laws, and other elements are just "freebies" for the viewers. To keep the story light and chirpy, in spite of the tragic past, the main characters' age has been set younger.

"Somehow, it seems less corny if teenagers whisper words of love to each other and giggle together. That's the reason I set the age of main characters lower," Lee added.

The two guys fighting for Yoo-min's love are both very attractive, said actress Jung. The role of Kang, who helps Yoo-min out of the many sticky situations she gets herself into without revealing himself, was motivated by the famous Daddy-long-legs. And Seung-jae who is expected to steal Yoo-min's heart is more like a lovable kid brother.

Director Lee Chang-han and scenario writer Jin Soo-wan, who had worked together for the SBS weekend soap opera "Rivals" in 2002, put their heads together again with high spirits.

"To make our drama stand out from other trendy dramas, I also tried to include a cult element. I hope this will be a refreshing shock to the viewers," Lee said.

credit to Korea.Net/News :D

yey! i finished the drama already! it's really good! i never thought i'd like kye sang over jae won but i do!! can anyone tell me what is the title of the song that kye sang sang?

and if it's not too much trouble can you also post the lyrics and translation?tnx so much

yey! i finished the drama already! it's really good! i never thought i'd like kye sang over jae won but i do!! can anyone tell me what is the title of the song that kye sang sang?

and if it's not too much trouble can you also post the lyrics and translation?tnx so much

Hi fish7 - the title of song which KS sang in the drama was called "Half Love". You will find this song in the OST - Track 4. In the OST, the song was sang by another guy, not by KS, KS only sang in the drama.

Guest blu3an9el

waah! i really like this drama! ^-^ Da Bin is so kawaii...

thanks for posting the link for the subs.. -read from somewhere that they'd metioned f4 wahh is this true? too bad i missed that!!!

so sad that i wasn't able to watch from the beginning.. and i've missed so much eps.. T.T

Archived