Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

11 hours ago, partyon said:

OMO! Is Bong Hwan going to wake up? :scream:

Hi  Sorry to say the IG is not about MQ.  :cry:
CJH revised the IG line.  He first wrote ‘sick currently, this & that’(아프네 요즘. 이래저래) and then revised to ‘sick bonghwan photo’.   
I wondered why there was no news from him.  Gosh whatever he had hopefully he recovered/or is recovering now.  :please:

rEfj0iD.jpg

gWM3bwb.jpg

cr to DC

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2

2 hours ago, booha said:

CJH revised the IG line.  He first wrote ‘sick currently, this & that’(아프네 요즘. 이래저래) and then revised to ‘sick bonghwan photo’.   
I wondered why there was no news from him.  Gosh whatever he had hopefully he recovered/or is recovering now.

Wait, @booha are you telling us that oppa has been ill or is ill currently? :scream:

Why would he use a picture of Bong Hwan? Now everyone is under the impression that Bong Hwan is going to wake up in the current timeline and the King and the Queen will be separated.... :bawling:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Wait, @booha are you telling us that oppa has been ill or is ill currently? :scream:

Why would he use a picture of Bong Hwan? Now everyone is under the impression that Bong Hwan is going to wake up in the current timeline and the King and the Queen will be separated.... :bawling:

Why la? 

I won't want to think that way .. nope!

• Blob 2

@partyon @Min2206

Don’t worry  about Bong Hwan and the queen & the king.  MQ is a romcom so there will be HE for the trio.  However it will be a great suspense how the writer ends which could help to keep its ratings up. :phew:  I don’t think the writer will follow the Chinese ending version.  The easiest route might be BH safely returns to the present after learning the meaning of life (ie having true relationship vs fleeting fame & rich) blah blah haha :fun:

Yes it seems he is sick at the moment.   Hopefully there will be some good news from him soon.  

spacer.png

cr to DC

• Love 1
  • Blob 2

Ladies and Ladies,

I really took it slow with Choi Jin Hyuk. Actually, years. It was not love at first sight. I remember watching Pasta TEN YEARS AGO and loving it, but I barely remember him being in it at all. Isn't that sad? There were literally too many cooks in the kitchen and the camera never lingered for more than a split second on him. What a crappy role and waste of his time and talent. He could have spent that time enlisting in the army. Unfortunately, he enlisted in his late 20's/early 30's - which is the exact time an actor is at his peak physically and starts to mature as an actor.

It wasn't until Tunnel years later that he made a strong impression on me. But it wasn't enough to start following him. And then, last year when I was going through a difficult time (who wasn't going through a difficult time last year though, with the pandemic, right?) I happened to watch Zombie Detective. And that was the moment I fell hopelessly in love with him. Of course there were other issues, such as trying to get over someone who turned out to be unavailable (gay). I think that's something that happens more often than not. I have friends who went through this devastating experience of being in love with someone who was in the closet. But that happened when they were younger.  For me, it was extra heartbreaking to have this experience at a much older, more vulnerable age. I literally thought this guy would be the one to save me from eternal spinsterhood, but he turned out to be gay. So anyways, that's the roundabout way I found myself in love with Choi Jin Hyuk finally. I listen to his songs to help me fall asleep. His voice is so soothing. He's not the only actor with a deep voice in drama land, but it's his particular tone that really works for me. As the song title goes, I know I'm not the only one (to feel this way about him)

But now I am at a crossroads - should I continue to drool after him even though he seems like a very traditional chauvinistic kind of guy who overdrinks and only likes girls who act all cutesy? It's kind of a turn off, as someone who can act cute but would not want to be expected to do so all the time. That's just not normal to act cute all the time. And he smokes too, right? I feel like I need to consciously uncouple from my love for Choi Jin Hyuk. His acting and voice are so inspiring, but the man himself seems very stuck in his ways and unenlightened (forgive me). Why did God give such a boring dude such a beautiful voice and heart-palpitating good looks? Life is so unfair. I'm attracted to him like a bee to honey but then to find that there's nothing in the jar, so to speak. I think he's gonna be one of those actors who end up single for life because his demands are so ridiculous and outdated. His fellow actresses are gonna pretend to fawn over him, but in reality they're not gonna put up with all that. For example, Jang Nara. Although people ship them, I think personally as a woman, Choi Jin Hyuk is too much hassle. That is the irony and tragedy of being a top actor. You have the world at your feet but don't know what you want and can't make a choice. Does he actually want a relationship with all its difficulties or just a cute fluffy obedient pet dog by his side? Am I right? What am I even rambling about? Is his love life even any of my business? Why do I care hahaha~~~ This is the most random post ever. 

Edited by MaybeOneDay
improvement
  • Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

@MaybeOneDay

spacer.png

Hi there  I would like to say that ‘the most random post’ of yours is the most honest and direct thinking comment I’ve ever read here. :love:  I would be glad to read more from you.  
Yes Covid 2020 has been a crazy time but seeing everybody going through the same makes me feel less trapped in the unknown.  

I don’t know why but I had the urge to grab the flicking rainbow behind the seemingly mindless group of people :smirk:

spacer.png

CJH trivia: These photos are from EC BTS. Yes he was madly in love with this little one at the time. Poor guy haha :blush:  He is so  crazy about kids.  He is the only child but grew up with a big family clan. He talked about many diapers he changed for his cousins and nephews.    

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, MaybeOneDay said:

Ladies and Ladies,

I really took it slow with Choi Jin Hyuk. Actually, years. It was not love at first sight. I remember watching Pasta TEN YEARS AGO and loving it, but I barely remember him being in it at all. Isn't that sad? There were literally too many cooks in the kitchen and the camera never lingered for more than a split second on him. What a crappy role and waste of his time and talent. He could have spent that time enlisting in the army. Unfortunately, he enlisted in his late 20's/early 30's - which is the exact time an actor is at his peak physically and starts to mature as an actor.

It wasn't until Tunnel years later that he made a strong impression on me. But it wasn't enough to start following him. And then, last year when I was going through a difficult time (who wasn't going through a difficult time last year though, with the pandemic, right?) I happened to watch Zombie Detective. And that was the moment I fell hopelessly in love with him. Of course there were other issues, such as trying to get over someone who turned out to be unavailable (gay). I think that's something that happens more often than not. I have friends who went through this devastating experience of being in love with someone who was in the closet. But that happened when they were younger.  For me, it was extra heartbreaking to have this experience at a much older, more vulnerable age. I literally thought this guy would be the one to save me from eternal spinsterhood, but he turned out to be gay. So anyways, that's the roundabout way I found myself in love with Choi Jin Hyuk finally. I listen to his songs to help me fall asleep. His voice is so soothing. He's not the only actor with a deep voice in drama land, but it's his particular tone that really works for me. As the song title goes, I know I'm not the only one (to feel this way about him)

But now I am at a crossroads - should I continue to drool after him even though he seems like a very traditional chauvinistic kind of guy who overdrinks and only likes girls who act all cutesy? It's kind of a turn off, as someone who can act cute but would not want to be expected to do so all the time. That's just not normal to act cute all the time. And he smokes too, right? I feel like I need to consciously uncouple from my love for Choi Jin Hyuk. His acting and voice are so inspiring, but the man himself seems very stuck in his ways and unenlightened (forgive me). Why did God give such a boring dude such a beautiful voice and heart-palpitating good looks? Life is so unfair. I'm attracted to him like a bee to honey but then to find that there's nothing in the jar, so to speak. I think he's gonna be one of those actors who end up single for life because his demands are so ridiculous and outdated. His fellow actresses are gonna pretend to fawn over him, but in reality they're not gonna put up with all that. For example, Jang Nara. Although people ship them, I think personally as a woman, Choi Jin Hyuk is too much hassle. That is the irony and tragedy of being a top actor. You have the world at your feet but don't know what you want and can't make a choice. Does he actually want a relationship with all its difficulties or just a cute fluffy obedient pet dog by his side? Am I right? What am I even rambling about? Is his love life even any of my business? Why do I care hahaha~~~ This is the most random post ever. 

Welcome on board @MaybeOneDay  I am also new to this actor Choi Jin Hyuk.   I don't think he is a boring kind of person, just that his personality possible, imo, that he is a level-headed guy who has a good head on his shoulders, and not the loud type.   Maybe @booha or @partyon can add on here.

Sorry to  hear your story.  Well, you are NOT alone.  Most of us have our stories too, just that each of us has our ways in fighting the battle, learning to adapt and letting go, though not easy.   Now whether you want to continue drooling on Choi Jin Hyuk, it's all up to you.  To me, as long as the actor is sincere in his words and actions, he is person WORTH following.   More so, if they are hardworking with hearts (humility).    BTW, many K-actors are smokers.

Oooh, someone posted my Oppa and Zoppa here  - thank you

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@MaybeOneDay Thanks for sharing your thoughts about oppa. It's always interesting to hear how people perceive him. If I may ask, why do you feel that he is a "very traditional chauvinistic kind of guy who overdrinks and only likes girls who act all cutesy"?

Do you have any examples?

@booha here is our oppa expert on this thread. Do you feel the same way?

Like @Min2206 I also feel that he is quite level-headed actually. He is quite straight about his thoughts and feelings - something that maybe isn't typical in South Korea? He will say if he's feeling unhappy about something or if he has feedback.

He does seem like an emotional and very generous guy too. He has often said he has few friends who are famous - he tends to be quite loyal to the few friends he has acquired through the years. :kiss_wink: And he has quite a few friends who are women too.

• Love 3

8 minutes ago, partyon said:

Like @Min2206 I also feel that he is quite level-headed actually. He is quite straight about his thoughts and feelings - something that maybe isn't typical in South Korea? He will say if he's feeling unhappy about something or if he has feedback.

He does seem like an emotional and very generous guy too. He has often said he has few friends who are famous - he tends to be quite loyal to the few friends he has acquired through the years. :kiss_wink: And he has quite a few friends who are women too.

I prefer guys who are like him,  this way, positive and straight forward yet sensitive to surroundings - speak their minds when necessary.    I am not sure about him being traditional or chauvinistic though - will need the experts to share please

Nepal's No.1 English Daily Newspaper | Nepal News, Latest Politics,  Business, World, Sports, Entertainment, Travel, Life Style News

Sorry Zoppa, also to @partyon  - been pretty busy with the CNY prep, so not much time on Tunnel.   But I will go back to it after Mr Queen, or try to sneak time in between.

Choi Jin-hyuk offered medical mystery drama Beautiful Mind » Dramabeans  Korean drama recaps | Choi jin hyuk, Korean actors, Asian actors

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 2/2/2021 at 6:42 AM, booha said:

@MaybeOneDay

Hi there  I would like to say that ‘the most random post’ of yours is the most honest and direct thinking comment I’ve ever read here. :love:  I would be glad to read more from you.  
Yes Covid 2020 has been a crazy time but seeing everybody going through the same makes me feel less trapped in the unknown.  

I don’t know why but I had the urge to grab the flicking rainbow behind the seemingly mindless group of people :smirk:

CJH trivia: These photos are from EC BTS. Yes he was madly in love with this little one at the time. Poor guy haha :blush:  He is so  crazy about kids.  He is the only child but grew up with a big family clan. He talked about many diapers he changed for his cousins and nephews.    

Reveal hidden contents

That baby managed to steal the scene. Great casting. Adorable and also good at acting, just like Choi Jin Hyuk. These two together are irresistable. What woman can resist?! Felt so bad for baby though, they made him cry a lot during the argument scenes (which were hilarious except for the baby getting scared)

On 2/2/2021 at 9:19 AM, Min2206 said:

I prefer guys who are like him,  this way, positive and straight forward yet sensitive to surroundings - speak their minds when necessary.    I am not sure about him being traditional or chauvinistic though - will need the experts to share please

Sorry Zoppa, also to @partyon  - been pretty busy with the CNY prep, so not much time on Tunnel.   But I will go back to it after Mr Queen, or try to sneak time in between.

On 2/2/2021 at 9:06 AM, partyon said:

@MaybeOneDay Thanks for sharing your thoughts about oppa. It's always interesting to hear how people perceive him. If I may ask, why do you feel that he is a "very traditional chauvinistic kind of guy who overdrinks and only likes girls who act all cutesy"?

Do you have any examples?

@booha here is our oppa expert on this thread. Do you feel the same way?

I think I have read every single interview he's given that are available in English on the web :D As a woman, I can see why he is a good catch. But on the other hand, I can also understand why he is still single, hahaha. People are willing to put up with a lot more when they are young. But after 30, people get tired, have less energy, become more lazy, don't wanna get out of their comfort zone. Standards get higher, become pickier. You see so many actors and actresses who just work and then stay home when they're not working. These are people at their prime, too exhausted to even look for a relationship even though there might be good candidates. They are satisfied with substituting money and success and fame for relationships and starting a family. But I don't think it's a fair trade at all. It's kind of sad. I am in the same situation, just with less money and no fame haha. 

Edited by Berou
Please do not quote pics & gifs. Thanks !
  • Blob 3

11 minutes ago, MaybeOneDay said:

I think I have read every single interview he's given that are available in English on the web :D As a woman, I can see why he is a good catch. But on the other hand, I can also understand why he is still single, hahaha. People are willing to put up with a lot more when they are young. But after 30, people get tired, have less energy, become more lazy, don't wanna get out of their comfort zone. Standards get higher, become pickier. You see so many actors and actresses who just work and then stay home when they're not working. These are people at their prime, too exhausted to even look for a relationship even though there might be good candidates. They are satisfied with substituting money and success and fame for relationships and starting a family. But I don't think it's a fair trade at all. It's kind of sad. I am in the same situation, just with less money and no fame haha. 

Can you provide some examples of interviews, please?  I would be interested in understanding your viewpoint better. :kiss_wink:

• Like 3

Recently I saw some interviews he gave in Taiwan just before he enlisted. This is back in 2015. It's in Chinese, which I can understand. So naturally the interviewer/host asks him what's his ideal type, since everyone wants to know. And then he's very forthright I guess, so he lists his usual "does aegyo, petite height, outgoing personality" etc And then there was one where he included, "and doesn't talk too much". LOL. I mean, being frank is a good thing. It's nice to know what he's thinking and what he finds attractive. But at the same time, it makes me less infatuated in him. His words carry power even though he is just one guy. Maybe I'm just upset that I'm not really his type hahaha. Yeah, let's just say that's the reason why it irks me. And he mentions drinking a lot as a way to get closer to fellow actors in other interviews. He said that he uses drinking to cope with acting, and if I remember correctly, he would drink for real during some scenes. The smoking thing, was from a translated interview I read somewhere where he said he would smoke packs of cigarettes while he was waiting for his former girlfriend to return home after an argument (when he was younger). I don't see any evidence of him smoking recently, but his voice sounds smoky and phlegmy when he sings.

33 minutes ago, partyon said:

Can you provide some examples of interviews, please?  I would be interested in understanding your viewpoint better. :kiss_wink:

To be fair, it may just be a cultural difference. I may just not be used to Korean culture where men are expected to drink hard, smoke, like aegyo, etc. I find it a little depressing though. Maybe I should stop reading his interviews and finding about what his ideal type is, because it just disappoints me. I'll stick to his dramas and revel in the fantasy version of Choi Jin Hyuk and stop being so nosy about the real one haha :D

If I get a chance, I will make subs for the interview he did in Taiwan that was pretty good. In my opinion, it was with one of the best interviewer/host he's ever had anywhere. The interviewer was able to click with him - he was polite but asked good questions, was observant, and humorous. He made Choi Jin Hyuk laugh a lot with his funny comments. All in all, a very enjoyable and satisfying interview to watch. When I get the time...

On 1/29/2021 at 11:19 AM, booha said:

I wondered why there was no news from him.  Gosh whatever he had hopefully he recovered/or is recovering now.  :please:

rEfj0iD.jpg

gWM3bwb.jpg

cr to DC

Oh my... oh my... that photo of him with the grin and rose and in a suit and that lovely hairstyle with the sideburns (much much much better than the helmet/bowl hair!!!) I wanna put this as my screensaver :D

Edited by MaybeOneDay
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, MaybeOneDay said:

Ohh, thanks for sharing your thoughts ... good to know a fan who also tries to understand by analysing or interpreting interviews to get to know another person / celeb.  Don't get me wrong.  I am not saying its ab bad thing to do.   I am open to it cos I do the same, likewise but I may be wrong about the person I am reading / digesting.     Moreover, I am not so good in para-phrasing my opinions in writing but  will try to explain though, to share.    Keep it coming, Chingu!   

Zoppa, here we come!    Will we get to see you in Mr Queen again?

• Blob 2

@partyon  @Min2206

Yes yes I totally agree with @Min2206's paraphrasing about CJH “that he is a level-headed guy”  And many other observation about CJH 

thank you chingudle  :blush:

@MaybeOneDay

Oakye let’s remember about our drama crush. :lol:   Now JHssi is your drama crush  It means he belongs in your domain as long as you allow it. How do you like that power of yours. pwhaha :naughty:   You can declare, if his smoking habit is disgusting,  “I need to consciously uncouple from my love for Choi Jin Hyuk”  And then retract it later when you feel like it. Just kidding chinguya :sweat_smile:   I would like to think that for playing with a drama crush everybody comes with their own colorful style.:tounge_xd:

CZaNv7Q.gif

Btw I posted photos of CJH& baby Gook because it showed a glimpse of CJH as a person.  CJH said if he liked somebody he simply couldn’t hide it.  It shows through.    Baby’s real mom mentioned CJH liked the baby so much that he visited their waiting room whenever he had a break from filming.  

Yeah those photos show what kind of dad he would be, very gentle, so attending, full of love… ahahhh  hehe

qyxisjn.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Guys, Rugal wasn't as awful as I thought. The reviews for it are mostly terrible though. That's why I almost didn't pick it up. I am at the final episode now. However, I cursed out at the screenwriter for giving Choi Jin Hyuk yet one more tragic love line. These past few years, it's either his on-screen mother, brother, or wife who dies in a horrific murder or car accident. I wonder if he is subconsiously attracted to these roles due to his own experience (first love/first serious girlfriend passed away unexpectedly)

Rugal would have been improved with a little bit of humor. I really hate watching dramas without any sense of humor. Especially with the pandemic, we need something to make us laugh, right?

I almost stopped Rugal a few episodes in because they started putting EYESHADOW on Choi Jin Hyuk (!!!) I was again, cursing out at whoever thought that would be a great idea. Eyeliner, yes (re: Gu Family Book). Eyeshadow, no!!! I've been traumatized... can't unsee it now... 

But yeah, if you're running out of new Choi JIn Hyuk dramas to watch, Rugal is definetly not too bad. But again, he needed a happy ending, a reunion with lost loved ones, just like me :)  

On 2/3/2021 at 6:05 AM, booha said:

@partyon  @Min2206

Yes yes I totally agree with @Min2206's paraphrasing about CJH “that he is a level-headed guy”  And many other observation about CJH 

thank you chingudle  :blush:

@MaybeOneDay

Oakye let’s remember about our drama crush. :lol:   Now JHssi is your drama crush  It means he belongs in your domain as long as you allow it. How do you like that power of yours. pwhaha :naughty:   You can declare, if his smoking habit is disgusting,  “I need to consciously uncouple from my love for Choi Jin Hyuk”  And then retract it later when you feel like it. Just kidding chinguya :sweat_smile:   I would like to think that for playing with a drama crush everybody comes with their own colorful style.:tounge_xd:

Btw I posted photos of CJH& baby Gook because it showed a glimpse of CJH as a person.  CJH said if he liked somebody he simply couldn’t hide it.  It shows through.    Baby’s real mom mentioned CJH liked the baby so much that he visited their waiting room whenever he had a break from filming.  

Yeah those photos show what kind of dad he would be, very gentle, so attending, full of love… ahahhh  hehe

He's an actor. It's easy to act like a good father. Doesn't always mean they will always be a good father in real life. I'm not saying he won't be, but it's not guaranteed. Even if he wants to be a good father, it will be a challenge given his heavy workload. If he starts a family one day, he will have to cut way back on his projects down to like, one per year, if he wants to be around for his kids besides being the guy that just pays the bills and gets home when everyone else is already asleep. Sorry for sounding cynical and harsh. But don't be fooled by any guy who plays with kids and assume he will be a good father. It really depends on his values, his priorities, and his own family background. But I agree that Choi Jin Hyuk will most likely be a good dad. At the very least, he will be a very responsible dad who takes care of his family's physical and financial needs. Not sure about emotional needs though. That requires sensitivity and more effort. Honestly, I wouldn't mind having someone like him as the father of my kids :D It will be frustrating at times, for sure. Because everyone has different ways and ideas about how to do things. But kids would love him. They already do. The kid actors he worked with like him. Heck, I wouldn't mind if he was my father lol. The kind of father kids can't help look up to. Sigh... can you imagine him as a father? lucky wife, lucky kids someday... he would just have to growl and the kids would come running. damn it, that voice. Won't it be nice if he could have a son who grows up with a similar deep voice just like him? I'll be greedy and hope he and his wife can produce a big family with lots of boys. We need more guys like him in the world. By the way, voices are hereditary. All my uncles have a similar type of voice. They are brothers and all sound like my grandfather too. I also have another uncle from the other side of the family with an exceptionally dramatic, commanding voice, and his son (my cousin) has the same voice. This uncle has four brothers, and apparently they all sound the same if you talk to them on the phone haha.

Edited by Berou
Please do not quote gifs. Thanks !
  • Like 2
  • Blob 1

@MaybeOneDay

Well any action/crime drama has someone close to the lead who died or was unjustly treated so that the lead can carry on for revenge of sort.  For CJH his main interest in picking a drama is about the kind of character and the plotline.   Rugal is a very popular web drama and the production team promoted it as a Korean version of Avenger.   Maybe CJH was attracted this familiar hero character for a small screen.    I like this kind of action movie so I got very excited about the drama. But I felt the screen writer failed to translate it

successfully from the web to a tv drama.  It had a good cast. What a waste. 

PS if you aren’t happy about the ending,  soompi is the place where you let your fertile imagination to create your own version of the ending, like “a reunion with lost loved ones, just like me”  Yup haha

We know relationships are messy and difficult.  So a good marriage needs a lot of hard work even having the right person with whom one falls in love.  There are so many factors two people have to plow through day after day.  But when one falls in with a wrong person, all bets are off and outcome can be anything, success or failure or in-between.
It’s true that even if CJH genuinely works hard to be a good father but if he has a troubled marriage, he might fail it.  After all he is a human being with imperfections.  So there is nothing cynical and harsh as the reality can be hard and crazy and so unpredictable.  I read many stories about a crazy custody battle where a couple crudely use children for their selfish reasons, like revenge or financial gain etc.  Yeah some bad divorces turn normal people into scary lampoons  sigh

Btw for CJH’s future fatherhood, my magic mirror says he will set the gold standard for being a good father  haha  just my mumbling lol  :naughty::sweat_smile:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1