Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

Summoned by @partyon here I am.

Yes I sometimes watch My Ugly Duckling because I find Kim Jongkook funny (I'm an oldschool Running Man watcher). I caught up the 3 episodes Choi Jin Hyuk starred in and the one episode he hosted :D 

I find his charm that he is very likeable and warm kind of guy (at least what the cameras catch). I do like people who are not sleek sexy character. So someone handsome with cuteness is always a draw in for me hahaha.

I laughed so much in his episodes when seeing how he cooks (laying out the dirty laundry) lol, and his interaction with his dog stole my heart! He has very nice abs which is why I was surprised at the way he did his "exercise" lol :D All in all his apartment is large and nice (compared to KJK). 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Maybe he was thinking of this scene with Jang Nara in The Last Empress, the last time that someone tried to feed him. He seems uncomfortable here too! I would also feel weird if someone suddenly tries to feed me, it makes me feel helpless and self-conscious about how it looks. I think being fed requires a lot of trust and intimacy LOL

A few months ago, Lee Min-ho uploaded this video of him and Lee Seung-gi day camping and holding a small live concert outdoors. I don't know if you guys have seen it? Anyways, I immediately thought of Choi Jin Hyuk, who has worked with both these guys, and I thought, dang, how nice it would be if they could have invited him. I even wrote a comment "Next time please invite Choi Jin Hyuk!". I was actually really sad that they didn't include him, because he loves to sing and he sings so well. You can just imagine him singing live in that great outdoor setting with professional musicians accompanying him... it made me sad because a lot of the Youtube videos of him singing were filmed by fans at his fan meetings where he just sang to a pre-recorded track, and so the quality isn't that great. But he has such a beautiful voice. I really wish he could do something like this - just a professionally recorded performance with musicians of songs he likes, not just drama theme songs. I would love to listen to a whole album of songs like that. I downloaded a lot of the fan-made videos of him singing his favorite songs, but the quality is so terrible! Such a good singer, such a darn shame he doesn't have an album or at least high quality recordings of songs he likes to sing. I really think live instruments make a big difference, like the acoustic guitarist accompanying Lee Seunggi. The quality instantly goes up.

Also, you really have to watch Lee Minho and Lee Seunggi's slick and professionally made camping and singing video to fully enjoy Choi Jin Hyuk's camping and singing video. It makes it twice as funny and poignant. For me, it's funny and heartbreaking at the same time. I hate when gifted singers don't have any high quality recordings of their music. I mean, it can't cost that much to make a video like this, right? Choi Jin Hyuk can afford it, right? I had my hopes up that Lee Minho might actually invite Choi Jin Hyuk, but I realize that every friendship is different and he would only do this for someone that he really wants to do it for. You can't force someone to make a video like this for someone else, it really has to come from the heart. In this case, Lee Minho may have just liked this particular song of Lee Seunggi's and was inspired to record a cinematic acoustic version of it. Choi Jin Hyuk may have to get the ball rolling himself. It would be neat if he could write his own songs. He is a great actor but the world forgets that he is also a great singer. I have rarely seen an actor who is both brilliant on the screen and on the ears as Choi Jin Hyuk is. I'm really not just saying that, it's true. A lot of the actor-singers in my country are both mediocre singers and mediocre actors, but are still famous and successful for whatever reason. But Choi Jin Hyuk... has a genuine gift and affinity for the arts of acting and singing. The downside is that he can't do both to its full potential at the same time. So it's kind of like not having one of the gifts because he doesn't have the time to use it. Most people would be lucky to have one gift, but he has two. Again, I hate that his singing is on the back burner now. Anything could happen, I just want him to record an album of songs he genuinely likes, like the ones he sings at fan meetings. I can't re-watch his dramas all the time, but I can listen to his songs all day long, his voice is especially soothing at night time. Come to think of it, there are not many baritone singers even in my country. I can count 1 or 2, but I don't necessarily like the songs or the styles they sing. But Choi Jin Hyuk's voice and his song preferences resonate with me. Gah.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

[SBS Star] "He's So Handsome, but..." Lee Sang Min Shares Interesting Facts About Choi Jin Hyuk

201556377_1280.jpg

Entertainer Lee Sang Min shared that actor Choi Jin Hyuk does not live up to his looks. On May 30 episode of SBS' television show 'My Little Old Boy', Lee Sang Min and Choi Jin Hyuk made an appearance.

About Choi Jin Hyuk, Lee Sang Min said, "I've known Jin Hyuk for years. I've known him since when I was struggling with difficulties." He continued, "He is so good-looking, and it feels almost as if he will be good at everything, right? It's quite the opposite though." He went on, "I realized how clumsy he is as I got to know him more and more. He's probably one of the clumsiest actors out there. He honestly doesn't live up to his looks." Choi Jin Hyk laughed and responded, "Yeah, I've heard that a lot of times.

I'm just not really good at anything."

Then, Lee Sang Min also told an interesting story about Choi Jin Hyuk. Lee Sang Min said, "About 10 years ago, Jin Hyuk held a fan meeting in Japan. At that time, he asked me if I could make him a song so that he could sing it to his Japanese fans." He resumed while shaking his head side-to-side, "So, we went to a singing room together. I asked him to sing something, and he sang Lim Jae-beom's songs for an hour. Gosh, that was just unbelievable." Choi Jin Hyuk commented with an awkward smile, "Well, I like Lim Jae-beom's songs, so..."

(Credit= SBS My Little Old Boy)

(SBS Star)

• Like 2
  • Love 4

'Is CJH now going to be permanent fixture of My Ugly Duckling, or just a couple of episodes? I suppose the latter, since his mother isn't part of the cast.

Also I think "He honestly doesn't live up to his looks." is a bit of a mistranslation as one would assume that his looks are worse. What Lee Sang Min meant was rather that CJH plays roles that are far from his real personality, since he is clumsy and that side isn't shown in his characters.

You can be clumsy and handsome as shown here.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

On 6/1/2021 at 6:15 AM, agenth said:

'Is CJH now going to be permanent fixture of My Ugly Duckling, or just a couple of episodes? I suppose the latter, since his mother isn't part of the cast.

Also I think "He honestly doesn't live up to his looks." is a bit of a mistranslation as one would assume that his looks are worse. What Lee Sang Min meant was rather that CJH plays roles that are far from his real personality, since he is clumsy and that side isn't shown in his characters.

You can be clumsy and handsome as shown here.

Thank you for stopping by and clarifying the line.  I don’t watch any variety shows. For some (especially like My Little Old Boy) it’s not easy to grasp their humor. 

Yeah I feel too that CJH’s appearance in the show will be around few eps.  I don’t think he has the right personality for hanging around this kind of show.  Maybe he should stay in drama land. Haha 
Btw I never thought ‘clumsy and handsome’ sound so charming but it does now. haha  :blush:

spacer.png

Spoiler

xlEqDSd.jpg

55HHvZ5.jpg

cr to DC

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

This episode of Ugly Duckling is all about how abnormal you need to be in order to be eligible to join the cast. I love the part where Choi Jin Hyuk is being introduced to the team and they're remarking that he seems too normal. And then the sharp and witty hosts back in the studio are slyly pointing out that he's really not that normal. It is so funny and cracks me up. They're mostly good-natured and accurate observations. But later on, some cast members were a little bit harsh on Choi Jin Hyuk's soccer playing. Yes he did make some really random kicks, which was kinda funny, but I guess it was frustrating for his team members and they had to say something. I'm sure if Choi Jin Hyuk knew ahead of time that they would be playing soccer, he would have practiced his moves beforehand and made sure to be more prepared. But one of the cast members tends to not hold back when pointing out other's mistakes. I guess that's kinda like me, so I should also learn to be more gentle with my words on this forum and in real life as well. Even if what they say is completely true, I think it can be hurtful to be criticized in that way in front of everyone especially being a new member. Being on shows like this is no joke. Ego and pride really takes a beating. The fact that Choi Jin Hyuk's made it this far in the entertainment industry mostly intact and mostly normal is an admirable feat. I really don't think I could have done it, to be honest. You really need a thick skin and persistence. Seriously, I have so much respect for him to have survived and is now thriving. Many people in this world are born with talents and gifts, but only a few ever have enough grit to pursue their passions and luck to make their dreams a reality. In that way, Choi Jin Hyuk is heroic. Back to the soccer game - I feel like he lost steam and seemed dispirited and uncertain in the second half after they criticized him. I wonder if his knee was starting to hurt, since he was moving very slowly then and not trying as hard to score. He mentioned that he used to be a very fast runner but his knee problems seems to be affecting his playing ability. This is so sad for guys who are used to being active and can't run and play like they used to. Poor baby. 

Ultimately though, he knows, we know, and the Ugly Duckling cast knows that Choi Jin Hyuk belongs to the acting world, and it was only due to the pandemic that he had enough free time to participate. We are lucky to have these few precious episodes and a peek into the "real" Choi Jin Hyuk. I do hope he makes more effort to level up his cooking skills beyond ramen and kimchi fried rice. I've yet to see him eat a vegetable other than kimchi. I wish he would eat more healthy and more health foods. He doesn't seem as health obsessed as other people. Like, I want to see him whip up a smoothie with organic spinach, blueberries, soy milk, and chia seeds. I want to see him digging into a bowl of kale, quinoa, and tempeh. I want to hear him wax poetic about the virtues of phytonutrients and antioxidants. I want to hear him lecture about the importance of fiber. But he seems very much a meat and potatoes kind of guy. Oh well.  

As they say, although he is "not totally normal", he is "really wonderful in dramas." I couldn't agree more with this. He is really wonderful in dramas. What a wonderful compliment to make, and so true. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Screenshot-2021-06-03-6-01-16-PM.png

• Love 3
  • Blob 1

@Min2206

So true about his inability to fake things about himself   Gosh it’s good thing he’s so handsome right?!!   haha :D
His expression in the pictures showed how happy he was knowing his team was winning.    I’m sure he felt frustrated with a soccer game.  When it comes to sports he is all in.  He doesn’t like hopping around the edge.  He played soccer before but it’s obvious this time his injured knee prevented him from playing much.   When he was in Running Man for Heirs’ promotion (2013 before his knee injury) he was such an eager participant.  

@MaybeOneDay

I like this observation of yours about Ugly Duckling; Being abnormal  is a must have trait in order to be casted into this show  whahah  so funny  No wonder I missed out on much of the deadpan humor in the show.
Yeah to be normal means to be casted out and to be abnormal, in for the glory right?!!  haha :sweat_smile:
Thank you for making a good summary about this episode with screen caps & the sub-lines.  

**Kim Hee-Cheol was with CJH in ‘Grandpas Over Flowers Investigation Team’  

RM

CSgaZzZ.gif

2uED2er.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

On 6/4/2021 at 8:17 AM, MaybeOneDay said:

This episode of Ugly Duckling is all about how abnormal you need to be in order to be eligible to join the cast. I love the part where Choi Jin Hyuk is being introduced to the team and they're remarking that he seems too normal. And then the sharp and witty hosts back in the studio are slyly pointing out that he's really not that normal. It is so funny and cracks me up. They're mostly good-natured and accurate observations. But later on, some cast members were a little bit harsh on Choi Jin Hyuk's soccer playing. Yes he did make some really random kicks, which was kinda funny, but I guess it was frustrating for his team members and they had to say something. I'm sure if Choi Jin Hyuk knew ahead of time that they would be playing soccer, he would have practiced his moves beforehand and made sure to be more prepared. But one of the cast members tends to not hold back when pointing out other's mistakes. I guess that's kinda like me, so I should also learn to be more gentle with my words on this forum and in real life as well. Even if what they say is completely true, I think it can be hurtful to be criticized in that way in front of everyone especially being a new member. Being on shows like this is no joke. Ego and pride really takes a beating. The fact that Choi Jin Hyuk's made it this far in the entertainment industry mostly intact and mostly normal is an admirable feat. I really don't think I could have done it, to be honest. You really need a thick skin and persistence. Seriously, I have so much respect for him to have survived and is now thriving. Many people in this world are born with talents and gifts, but only a few ever have enough grit to pursue their passions and luck to make their dreams a reality. In that way, Choi Jin Hyuk is heroic. Back to the soccer game - I feel like he lost steam and seemed dispirited and uncertain in the second half after they criticized him. I wonder if his knee was starting to hurt, since he was moving very slowly then and not trying as hard to score. He mentioned that he used to be a very fast runner but his knee problems seems to be affecting his playing ability. This is so sad for guys who are used to being active and can't run and play like they used to. Poor baby. 

Ultimately though, he knows, we know, and the Ugly Duckling cast knows that Choi Jin Hyuk belongs to the acting world, and it was only due to the pandemic that he had enough free time to participate. We are lucky to have these few precious episodes and a peek into the "real" Choi Jin Hyuk. I do hope he makes more effort to level up his cooking skills beyond ramen and kimchi fried rice. I've yet to see him eat a vegetable other than kimchi. I wish he would eat more healthy and more health foods. He doesn't seem as health obsessed as other people. Like, I want to see him whip up a smoothie with organic spinach, blueberries, soy milk, and chia seeds. I want to see him digging into a bowl of kale, quinoa, and tempeh. I want to hear him wax poetic about the virtues of phytonutrients and antioxidants. I want to hear him lecture about the importance of fiber. But he seems very much a meat and potatoes kind of guy. Oh well.  

As they say, although he is "not totally normal", he is "really wonderful in dramas." I couldn't agree more with this. He is really wonderful in dramas. What a wonderful compliment to make, and so true. 

Good summary of CJH and the show @MaybeOneDay, along with the images.   Happy to get some news of him  Hope he will not be discouraged to join such shows in future.  It's a rare sight to see this aspect of him or any celebrity.
And thanks again @booha for holding the fort.

:heartxoxo:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On 6/3/2021 at 1:53 PM, Min2206 said:

cr DC via @booha
Please dear Mod, let me repost this as Zoppa looks so good in the pics above.

I don't care  if handsome Zoppa is clumsy.    We know he does not fake it. :D 
And thank you @booha @agenth and @willenette for sharing

@Min2206, hahaha - new research has revealed that clumsiness is something you're born with. Some of us are more accident prone than others.  :heart4:

• LOL 4

On 6/5/2021 at 11:49 AM, booha said:

@Min2206

So true about his inability to fake things about himself   Gosh it’s good thing he’s so handsome right?!!   haha :D
His expression in the pictures showed how happy he was knowing his team was winning.    I’m sure he felt frustrated with a soccer game.  When it comes to sports he is all in.  He doesn’t like hopping around the edge.  He played soccer before but it’s obvious this time his injured knee prevented him from playing much.   When he was in Running Man for Heirs’ promotion (2013 before his knee injury) he was such an eager participant.  

@MaybeOneDay

I like this observation of yours about Ugly Duckling; Being abnormal  is a must have trait in order to be casted into this show  whahah  so funny  No wonder I missed out on much of the deadpan humor in the show.
Yeah to be normal means to be casted out and to be abnormal, in for the glory right?!!  haha :sweat_smile:
Thank you for making a good summary about this episode with screen caps & the sub-lines.  

**Kim Hee-Cheol was with CJH in ‘Grandpas Over Flowers Investigation Team’  

RM

@boohathanks for sharing these COOL gifs. On yesterday's EP, which was June 6 broadcast of “My Ugly Duckling,” Choi Jin Hyuk set out to help Youngjae bulk up for his drama shoot. Starting with a leg workout, he advised him on the proper position to fully exercise his legs. He also taught him a squat position. Youngjae fell back onto the ground, stating, “I can’t do this anymore.” Choi Jin Hyuk replied, “How long are you going to live like that? You need to know how to enjoy pain." This EP was hilarious.  :heart2beat:

202106062150289302164_20210606215300_01_

photos source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0003441875

• LOL 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

22 hours ago, willenette said:

@boohathanks for sharing these COOL gifs. On yesterday's EP, which was June 6 broadcast of “My Ugly Duckling,” Choi Jin Hyuk set out to help Youngjae bulk up for his drama shoot. Starting with a leg workout, he advised him on the proper position to fully exercise his legs. He also taught him a squat position. Youngjae fell back onto the ground, stating, “I can’t do this anymore.” Choi Jin Hyuk replied, “How long are you going to live like that? You need to know how to enjoy pain." This EP was hilarious.  :heart2beat:

photos source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0003441875

Thank you dear I didn’t know JHssi made more episodes for “My Ugly Duckling”   It looks like he will appear next weekend too   I wonder how long he will appear in the show…hummm

Watch: Choi Jin Hyuk Becomes B.A.P’s Youngjae’s Personal Trainer On “My Ugly Duckling”

TV/Film   Jun 6, 2021    by S. Nam
Watch: Choi Jin Hyuk Becomes B.A.P’s Youngjae’s Personal Trainer On “My Ugly Duckling”

B.A.P’s Youngjae was put to the test by Choi Jin Hyuk on SBS’s “My Ugly Duckling”!

On the June 6 broadcast of “My Ugly Duckling,” Choi Jin Hyuk set out to help Youngjae bulk up for his drama filming.

Spoiler

Starting with a leg workout, Choi Jin Hyuk advised Youngjae on the proper position to fully exercise his legs. Although Youngjae was told to only keep one finger on the pole while doing the lunges, he sneakily tried to add more fingers to make the workout easier. Choi Jin Hyuk quickly caught on, telling him, “You’re grabbing on too much with your hand.” Eventually, Youngjae dropped to the floor from exhaustion.

Trying a squat position next, Youngjae fell back onto the ground, stating, “I can’t do this anymore.” He continued, “I won’t do the drama. I just want to live comfortably. I’ll eat the food my mom cooked at home, and I’ll do the dishes my mom tells me to do at home. I’ll just live like that.”

Choi Jin Hyuk replied, “How long are you going to live like that? You need to know how to enjoy pain. It’s muscle because it’s pain,” which is compared to similar statements Kim Jong Kook had made in the past about exercising. Youngjae commented, “Pain is pain. How is it muscle because it’s pain?” Choi Jin Hyuk suggested that they do shoulder workouts instead, but Youngjae’s legs refused to get up. Slapping them, Youngjae told his legs, “Get up! Move!”

Spoiler

Getting more confident, Youngjae revealed that he can pump his muscles more these days. However, Choi Jin Hyuk skeptically asked, “You can?” Youngjae added that he’s exercising his back muscles the most. Choi Jin Hyuk commented, “There aren’t any back muscles here though.”

Youngjae tried to prove himself with chin-ups, causing his arms to tremble. Choi Jin Hyuk asked, “This isn’t an earthquake, right?” Youngjae had to let go of the pole after two chin-ups because of all the laughing. Instead, Youngjae tried to lift the 15-kilogram (approximately 33 pounds) barbell weights, but he sank to the floor due to the unexpected weight.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1473338wpp/watch-choi-jin-hyuk-becomes-b-a-ps-youngjaes-personal-trainer-on-my-ugly-duckling

Preview “My Ugly Duckling” (6/13)

Spoiler

On 6/5/2021 at 10:10 AM, willenette said:

@Min2206, hahaha - new research has revealed that clumsiness is something you're born with. Some of us are more accident prone than others.  :heart4:

Could we say this is a clumsy act by him??    :joy:

zXgqlLW.gif

EbVTVA1.gif

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I like this duo, CJH & Yoo Young-jae.  They created interesting chemistry.  I hope they will continuously appear together.   Also there was a team game (sit-up workout) at the end which gave me a good laugh.  I think I’m ready to see more of him with YYJ

clip from the preview

• LOL 5

https://bap-ftw.tumblr.com/post/653440597038891008/actual-footage-of-me-youngjae-in-the-gym

You can find gifs about Youngjae's gym session with Jinhyuk here. The funny thing is that he teaches the idol but he doesn't demonstrate, not even once hahahahaha.

To the point it's very noticeable as he changes positions/topic, when it's requested. Everybody is used to Jongkook's gym sessions, but I had to laugh when the two guys both say that pain is beautiful and means that it's working 

:hwaiting2:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

@agenth

Thank you for posting tumblr workout-gifs :sparklyeyes:

Well CJH saw he had a perfect side kick partner, adorable Young Jae so he wisely stepped aside and let YJ soar lol whahaha   :joy:

I like what this person says in tumblr

"#b.a.p#youngjae#choi jin hyuk #that was so funny i actually cried#i never knew i needed this pair in my life :joy:   #mom's diary#my ugly duckling#**

https://bap-ftw.tumblr.com/post/653440597038891008/actual-footage-of-me-youngjae-in-the-gym

Spoiler

cbb33c53f861c7c018473b0d23722e5ad466112f  b2c04d2817652ddd08cfb6aff12a5371674432b7

dede2b7b4a88ac0d4138bc984197f354f24084c2  3127344c981175186315225b5d0ea601902ac2ce

6e1c6078a9dd78c717c0ecbd36213623dba3fec0  4109343793707a58200dfb5c340c232d82c3c478

c0f79cc6bafe367e978e28fbf6cb268ade21ed88  02d0dc6fe152eb5880d21617e65c9543d405dc02

• LOL 3

:loolz:
Thanks for the clips @booha

This Zoppa really make me laugh so loud !   Hahahhahaa!   
The part when he kicked the ball to god knows where and 3 question marks appeared
And then he kicked the ball in - a goal, right?

Plus he kicked it upwards! 

Way to go Zoppa!   I love your moves!
Hes Got The Moves GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• LOL 3