Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

6 hours ago, booha said:

**It is a ACRC promotional interview video (eng subs)

Thank you @booha for the ACRC YT video.  Good to see him.  Gosh, his voice is soooooo deeeeep @partyon - I have to turn on the mike bit up to hear him clearly, not that I understand the lingo - haha! 

Agree with you @partyon   Zoppa does have that matured, serious side of him but he does have that cute, playful kiddy inside.  You see how he is at home, he is so normal, a handsome, typical guy whom you wish to offer help to.

giphy.gif

:heartxoxo:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Min2206 said:

Thank you @booha for the ACRC YT video.  Good to see him.  Gosh, his voice is soooooo deeeeep @partyon - I have to turn on the mike bit up to hear him clearly, not that I understand the lingo - haha! 

Agree with you @partyon   Zoppa does have that matured, serious side of him but he does have that cute, playful kiddy inside.  You see how he is at home, he is so normal, a handsome, typical guy whom you wish to offer help to.

@Min2206, I love the huskiness/the being hoarse of his voice. Sounds so masculine. It gives me sexy chills. You see, a voice can either be a turn-on or a turnoff - hahaha - :selfie2:

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, partyon said:

Let's see how long oppa stays on the show. I hope to get to see him a bit more before he decides to pull the plug. :kiss_wink:

The ACRC interview was very interesting. He has such a soothing voice. :love:

I think it became clear that he's going through some internal transformation. The appearance in My Ugly Duckling, the ACRC co-operation and some of the interviews he's done lately clearly point to the direction that he wants to change his image...

Even in the interview, he said that he wants to shake his serious and heavy image, especially because he feels it's not the correct depiction of who he is IRL. I am wondering if this is a strategy to shake off his current image in order to stop being type cast. We've seen him in many action and thriller dramas during the last 4-5 years.
Showing his softer side, will probably allow him to get offered a wider selection of dramas.

I am curious to know, what types of dramas he's aiming for.

The last two dramas have had strong comedic elements.

I would still be so grateful to see him appear in dramas with strong plots that have comedic elements too (e.g. Vincenzo), a melodrama (because he's so great at crying) or for him to take on a villain role.

I will support him regardless of what project he chooses next. :dorakiss:

CJH said he wanted to be a good actor.  So when he selects a drama  he’s always looking for something interesting and new and different in order to gain acting experience.    So by the time when he was offered with playing an undead zombie, as a maturing actor he saw an opportunity to venture into a different level.   He lost a lot of weight for the part because that’s how he thought of a very starving undead zombie ought to be.  It should be an interesting experience for him to work with such a cast.  They seem to be rather unique but seasoned actors.

I think he appeared in the last two shows to fill the void while he takes a break.  
After you mentioned something about variety shows, I remembered that usually CJH made an appearance in the show when he knew the MC and was comfortable(/trust) with that person.  I have to guess probably he knew somebody in ‘My Little Old Boy.’

17 hours ago, Min2206 said:

:heartxoxo:

what a fabulous jaw gymnastic  A.E.I.O.U., then finish with ‘what a weirdo’  pwhaha  :loolz:  I love that scene

0wT5wND.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

What there is no CJH in today’s MLOB!!

DKcuHKl.gif

Someone pointed out about CJH’s L-pinky.  Actually I like the way he holds a bowl.  Very artistic hehe  :biubiu:
I would like think that the still picture captures a fleeting moment of his deep contemplation about the nature of ramen??   OR a staring contest with a helpless ramen just before it’s swallowed by his big hungry mouth?? lol :joy:

uGXPDl0.jpg

cr to DC

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

On 3/29/2021 at 8:35 AM, booha said:

What there is no CJH in today’s MLOB!!

Someone pointed out about CJH’s L-pinky.  Actually I like the way he holds a bowl.  Very artistic hehe 
I would like think that the still picture captures a fleeting moment of his deep contemplation about the nature of ramen??   OR a staring contest with a helpless ramen just before it’s swallowed by his big hungry mouth?? lol :joy:

cr to DC

@booha, hahaha - whoever she is that pointed out about his L-pinky must have a very sharp-eyed. I agree with you - aside from artistic way of holding it, it's also a unique one for me. LOL - :tounge_xd:

• Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Korean Drama Update for March 2021

I got in two dramas in March, both of which were fun. The comedy historical Mr. Queen and the zombie comedy crime drama Zombie Detective gave me lots of laughs for the month:

zombie-detective-choi-jin-hyuk-and-park-

Zombie Detective

Zombie Detective is a fun comedy crime drama with a more light-hearted zombie element. There are more serious elements for sure, but the comedy wins out in this one. The pacing was a bit uneven at times, but it had a solid overarching story that was interesting. Choi Jin Hyuk was the highlight and was very funny and also very endearing.

All in all, Zombie Detective was a good ride. It gives us a nice personal journey of a man coping and adapting to being a zombie along with some for fun crime-solving along the way. Lots of humor keeps some of the darker elements from feeling too serious. It was a solid series. (Zombie Detective Review)

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://kdramakisses.com/2021/03/31/korean-drama-update-for-march-2021/#more-45963

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Because I'm bored and Mr Choi is taking a break with no end in sight... he could be on break for the rest of this year... let's talk more about his appearance on Ugly Duckling. I watch his part in the show a lot. It makes me laugh, which is good for my well-being. And then I went back to watch the episode he was on Running Man to promote Heirs. Man... he was like a different creature! Lean, mean, fighting machine. All muscle, all brawn, all confidence, all smiles. He even won the game! What a champion he was. And then... to compare that with his bumbling appearance (no offense intended) on Ugly Duckling... is such a shock to my system lol. But we are all like that, aren't we? We have times when we were at our peak, when we were shining. And then times when we are unsure, eating ramen and getting fat, sitting in front of the tv. I just found it interesting that the Running Man Choi Jin Hyuk was a natural automatic woman-magnet. You just feel drawn to him. He was so attractive. And then contrast that to his real down to earth at home self on Ugly Ducking... relaxed and letting his physique go... at this time, he just seems like a brother figure to me. he's not unattractive, but there is something different in how I react to him, you know? do you guys or girls know what I mean? the reaction is different. I'm trying to figure out why. I think maybe I like guys who are on the thin side. like how he was on Running Man and Zombie Detective. but during those times he can't eat what he likes to eat. but when he can eat what he likes to eat, his face isn't as sharp, his body is like a marshmallow, and if he keeps this up, he'll be dad-bod soon. hahaha. so I think the secret to being a top Korean star is being tall and thin and toned. there's a physical appeal that is undeniable.

So that's something I have in common with Choi Jin Hyuk. Actually, more than one. We both hate fish (but then why did he have fermented skate in his fridge...?! was it for him or for his family?) and we both struggle with staying in shape. it's funny how he complains a lot about how the hardest thing about being an actor is working out and not being able to eat what he wants. he's mentioned that in at least one interview. it cracks me up. I can relate... I am positive that inside Choi Jin Hyuk is a fat person trying to get out... hahaha

As men and women age... especially if you're on screen... you slowly lose the sex symbol status... maybe this happens after 40... and then what do you have left? what you have left is life experience... character... sense of humor... etc. I wonder what kind of actor Choi Jin Hyuk would be like someday when he's older, maybe with a beer belly. I think he would still be a solid actor, someone who captures your attention. He does have that quality in dramas. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

What dramas are you watching while waiting for his comeback? Any substitute Zoppa's? Right now I'm watching Mouse. So nostalgic for character-based stories like Zombie Detective. Taking that drama and also Tunnel were two of the best career decisions he's ever made. And he has better dramas than some other top actors. Think of the really famous actors his age or older who maybe had one good drama and then weren't as lucky afterwards. they may be more rich but their acting career isn't as rich. Choi Jin Hyuk is so blessed to have not one but two outstanding dramas. And a bunch of other decent ones such as Emergency Couple and Pride and Prejudice. If you look at superstars, sometimes they peak early in their 20's, get one hit drama, and then afterwards they get rich with lots of ads and commercials, but never get another really good drama. 

Edited by MaybeOneDay
  • LOL 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 2
  • Blob 1

*** Finally...............I'm done watching his latest drama, "Zoombie Detective", which I wasn't able to do continuously during its airing since I lacked time.  I don’t regret watching this drama. I enjoyed watching it. It is worth-watching!.... I love the message that the drama conveys - that one can achieve anything as long as one sets one’s mind to it. CJH here is able to develop the skills he needs to blend in with humans, he’s able to protect himself and run away from those scary humans. I would say it is an excellent concept that has been introduced properly to its audience. This is more like a case of resurrection. :heart3:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

**No CJH in today’s episode ‘MLOB’ again.  And no other news about it
(now I’m wondering) If it’s cancelled,  could it be his manager who pulled the plug because he decided nono to the ordinary CJH?!!  Or maybe CJH found a new drama and this team didn’t want to diminish a dashing image of ML??  lol 

(just kidding just jabbering about nothing)   :surprisedwut:

JepuiVS.jpg

yHl24nD.jpg

CAxlToy.gif

cr to DC

• Sad 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, booha said:

(now I’m wondering) If it’s cancelled,  could it be his manager who pulled the plug because he decided nono to the ordinary CJH?!!  Or maybe CJH found a new drama and this team didn’t want to diminish a dashing image of ML??  lol

@booha Was there ever confirmation that he would be appearing in more than one episode?

I thought he was only appearing once, but the abrupt ending made me think that we would see him in more episodes.

I am not too familiar with My Ugly Duckling, but many guests appear in one episode only (I think)?

• Like 3

21 hours ago, booha said:

(now I’m wondering) If it’s cancelled,  could it be his manager who pulled the plug because he decided nono to the ordinary CJH?!!  Or maybe CJH found a new drama and this team didn’t want to diminish a dashing image of ML??  

Oof I really hope this isn't the case. I enjoyed seeing that side of him.

• Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

20 hours ago, partyon said:

@booha Was there ever confirmation that he would be appearing in more than one episode?

I thought he was only appearing once, but the abrupt ending made me think that we would see him in more episodes.

I am not too familiar with My Ugly Duckling, but many guests appear in one episode only (I think)?

After the show in the article CJH talked about how he felt. It sounded like he would appear more. Besides the article said “CJH raised the expectation of what kind of daily life he will be revealing in the future.”
Then later I thought it was a bit odd since there wasn’t any mention about his future appearance as the episode got a good rating (specially CJH’s part). oh well :expressionless:

Yeah I don’t know much about the show either.  I just watched one episode before CJH’s appearance  but I didn’t feel like the show was my cup of tea   hehe  
But I will wait some more. Hopefully CJH’s agency is going to give to us some news about the show.:sipsboba:

(EDIT) oops what I said above in the previous comment about his agency and so on.. Well just think of me jabbering about nothing after not seeing him in the show  hehe :persevere:

3 hours ago, Skyline said:

Oof I really hope this isn't the case. I enjoyed seeing that side of him.

At first I was a bit taken by seeing him as himself but after watching it again (like the way he interacted  with his dog Mongsil) I was very glad to realize he’s actually nice and sweet (not overtly fluffy but simple yet genuine).  I didn’t realize I was seeing that part of him when he interacted with William and Bentley in ‘The Return of Superman.’   :blush:

William and Bentley meet the star of Zombie Detective, Choi Jin Hyuk [The Return of Superman Ep 345]

The kids have tired out Jin Hyuk before shooting has even started [TheReturn of SupermanEp345]

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

13 minutes ago, booha said:

William and Bentley meet the star of Zombie Detective, Choi Jin Hyuk [The Return of Superman Ep 345]

The kids have tired out Jin Hyuk before shooting has even started [TheReturn of SupermanEp345]

Thank you so much for this @booha  You make me smile and laugh so much, now I am feeling better.
Someone posted so hateful remarks , really ruined my morning when I read them.

Thank You My Love GIFs | Tenor

• Love 2

2 hours ago, booha said:

After the show in the article CJH talked about how he felt. It sounded like he would appear more. Besides the article said “CJH raised the expectation of what kind of daily life he will be revealing in the future.”

Oh, well this is indeed strange.... I wonder if the comments about him were not what the agency expected?

CJH did say that he felt a bit embarrassed himself about what he appeared like in the show. I don't think they were expecting him to be named "handsome idiot". This does not go well with the image he is trying to convey of himself, and I think that the agency probably decided to pull the plug before it causes any further damage to his reputation.

At first I was a bit taken by seeing him as himself but after watching it again (like the way he interacted  with his dog Mongsil) I was very glad to realize he’s actually nice and sweet (not overtly fluffy but simple yet genuine).  I didn’t realize I was seeing that part of him when he interacted with William and Bentley in ‘The Return of Superman.’   

I thought he was super adorable. :love: haha
I also found him very empathetic. You could see the way he was acting with Mong Sil, as well as, making sure that his guests were feeling comfortable.

I felt that he was a typical bachelor - a bit unsure of how to cook, clean and do stuff. I think he acted the same way that most bachelors who live alone do. :joy: Nothing that a girlfriend or wife can't fix in the long run. :loolz:

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

@partyon

Oh I forgot to clarify what Tae Hang-Ho said to CJH in MLOB.  When he called CJH ‘handsome dummy/idiot’  he meant to be an affectionate teaser (like ‘you, handsome dummu-ya’/ ‘you, handsome idiot chingu-ya’) 

Though he isn’t a close friend with CJH, he worked with him in 2 dramas so he felt comfortable talking to him.  THH is a comedian with a deadpan sense of humor like the other sunbae visitor, Lee Joong OK(as Wang  Wey in Zombie)   

He seems to delight in playing the same character with handsome CJH in ‘The Last Empress’    

He appears to have lost some weight but obviously he likes to eat a lot and has to struggle with his weight.   I’m sure he feels satisfied knowing that such a good looking CJH has to juggle with his weight too. :naughty: :joy:

haha But true there is a difference between his weight and CJH’s lol

Btw I’m not worried about how CJH looked in MLOB.  He seemed to be someone unwinding after hard work.   Many people spend a weekend just like that after a hard week… not wanting to do anything but stagger around the house …eat ramen/ watch sports on tv/ play computer games/tease a pet dog  haha.  :sleeping:

After all, that episode and CJH’s part got  good ratings. 

22 hours ago, partyon said:

I felt that he was a typical bachelor - a bit unsure of how to cook, clean and do stuff. I think he acted the same way that most bachelors who live alone do. :joy:Nothing that a girlfriend or wife can't fix in the long run. :loolz:

x7KXoTa.gif

GvbtH6K.jpg

qIsmRgA.jpg

Spoiler

UzsbVFX.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

:hooray2:  :foryou:

崔振赫香港飯團 Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 HK Fan Group 41m  ·

【2021.04.09★G-Tree Creative Instagram Update/更新】
[210409] DEBUT 15TH JIN-HYUK DAY
Congratulations on the 15th anniversary of actor Choi Jin Hyuk's debut
Thank you for your generous support and love for actor Choi Jin Hyuk.
We hope you have a more special and happy day today.
0hW19Uv.jpg

jxO4Nt5.jpg
dlMt8bL.jpg
cr to DC

• Like 2
  • Love 3

To celebrate the fact that our wonderful Choi Jin Hyuk is celebrating 15 years since his debut, I decided to put up a poll.  

up12-crop-choijinhyuk.jpg?w=500

Please vote! :heart1:

tagging: @booha @Min2206 @willenette @Skyline @MaybeOneDay @Lmangla @Thong Thin @Sleepy Owl @agenth @tiMadam @4evrkdrama @joccu  @kdramagrandma @gm4queen @JinHyuk_Supporter 

• Love 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 1

Congrats to 15 years, still looking great and of course sublime acting!

Hahaha I couldn't finish The Last Empress because of the almost makjang plot. Should I try again? But I did enjoy his acting there.

I have not seen that many of his series. Going by the poll, I should watch Justice next?

• Awesome 1
  • Blob 3