Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

1 hour ago, booha said:

CJHssi is back with  new hair.  Hard to say about his new hair.  It’s different.  I prefer  black hair  but the main thing is he is okay.  It’s possible he found a new drama??  

PS  The original song is from JANG DEOK CHEOL. 

[SPECIAL LIVE] 장덕철(JANG DEOK CHEOL) - '겨울잠(fall asleep)' (cover by 최진혁)

Thank you @booha

Maybe I am not used to this colour - the style is good though.

Zoppa - what are you doing to us?  

Lemon GIFs | Tenor

• LOL 3

[HanCinema's News] 10 Time Travel K-Dramas That Will Blow Your Mind

Time travel is a common genre in the world of Korean dramas but it is very rare that this concept is dealt with in a manner that doesn't look like a caricature of science-fiction. Most of the time, K-Dramas hit the right spot when it comes to time travel but in extraordinary cases, they can blow your mind.

"Tunnel - Drama"

photo1308875.jpg

In 1986, while chasing a serial killer through a mysterious tunnel, Detective Park Gwang-ho finds himself 30 years in the future on the other side of the tunnel. In 2017, the serial killer has resurfaced with new victims. Park Gwang-ho tries to bring him down while adjusting to the future.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Hancinema

https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-news-10-time-travel-k-dramas-that-will-blow-your-mind-149589.html

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

**Guessing JHssi will be in a promotional(?) video for ‘The Anti-Corruption & Civil Rights Commission’  Because what his BongHwan character did at the end of Mr. Queen?!

IG site is for ‘The Anti-Corruption & Civil Rights Commission’ (ACRC)(https://www.instagram.com/acrc0229/)

ACRC:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Corruption_and_Civil_Rights_Commission

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMO1IcCHZcL/?igshid=1iobt2p5ed12f
Choi Jin-hyuk, who made a special appearance in ‘Mr.Queen’, will be in ‘ACRC’   Are you curious~ It's still a secret,
See you soon at  ACRC - YouTube,
Please subscribe

[a special appearance in MQ, 'CJH'  in ACRC?!?

XciNxN4.jpg

Spoiler

ACRC YouTube

see you at ACRC vision~!

hopvyG7.jpg

cr to DC

** IG from the hair stylist  (say something about JH’s schedule, shooting?)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMPI8V_BKmX/?igshid=1cggkzwk5g68w

The day Jinhyuk is going to schedule!
Because it's spring, the olive brown dye

07rP6C7.jpg

Spoiler

FFyNFj4.jpg

usmutD8.jpg

cr to DC

FTtSRXL.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

On 2/20/2021 at 12:45 PM, MaybeOneDay said:

So what does this all mean? Do they have some sort of sibling fate or perhaps... husband and wife destiny...? How cute are their kids gonna be, seriously! Jang Nara needs to get a move on it. She's gonna be 40 this year!!!

As much as I would love for sweet Nara to find herself a life partner (if she doesn't already have one, that is), for some reason I doubt it will be Choi Jin Hyuk. They've been friends for 15+ years and are very comfortable around each other. But for some reason, I think they're "just" friends. :sipsboba:

On 2/21/2021 at 6:10 AM, booha said:

At first I wasn’t sure what it could mean about Bonghwan’s expression.   First there seems to be a glimpse of sad yearning in him and then he starts laughing and crying.  Maybe these confusing layers of emotions are  shown by Bonghwan in order to skirt around the obvious fact that Bonghwan, who is a man, has a feeling for another man, the king.   haha   

<sorry to cut your post>
After The king ever gently strokes the queen’s book and says with a dreamy look  ‘Did I lose something.’ ‘Sometimes, my mind is…’ ((**In this circumstance I have to say it sounds more like ‘my feeling is’))

My take on it was that they wanted to show ever so subtly the love between Bong Hwan and the King. It was clear that they had developed feelings towards each other and the director decided to show that to us viewers in the last episode. It was brief, but it was there.

The original novel Go Princess Go is based on, let the couple live happily ever after. Both acknowledged their feelings towards each other - knowing that the Queen's soul was actually a man's.

In the ending of the drama version of GPG they showed how distraught both leads were to be parted from each other, and that they had fallen in love. Despite that, they were not allowed to live their lives together happily ever after. :cry:

The Korean remake played it even safer. Now interestingly enough a lot of k-netz comments showed that even the Korean viewers felt conflicted by the ending. About half of the comments were alluding to the fact that Bong Hwan and the King should have ended up together.

So, I am still wondering whether tvN played it too safe this time....

On 3/3/2021 at 10:55 AM, willenette said:

These Are Considered The Current 25 Most Handsome Korean Actors
9. Choi Jin Hyuk

Yay, oppa in 9th place! :partyblob: He's so handsome, I agree. :kisslevel:

On 3/5/2021 at 4:48 AM, booha said:

CJHssi is back with  new hair.  Hard to say about his new hair.  It’s different.  I prefer  black hair  but the main thing is he is okay.  It’s possible he found a new drama?? 

Nooooo..... I'm not feeling it. :bawling: He looks best in black hair....

On 3/5/2021 at 6:18 AM, Skyline said:

I saw the video yesterday. I was kind of thrown off by his new hair color. 

Man, I didn't like the hair color in Fated to Love You, and I don't like it now.

Oppa, change your hair color back....

:Please:

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

@booha, I guess you're more familiar with Mom's Diary: My Ugly Duckling. This is the other name. This is every Sunday & not Sat. as you wrote - at 21:05 (KST). This reality program focuses on the mothers of South Korean celebrities. Some years back, this show won as the Best Entertainment Program in Baeksang Arts Awards & Korean Broadcasting Awards. As far as I remember it also won as Program of the Year Award for Variety category in SBS Entertainment Awards. Thanks for sharing this good news. :Fist1:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

@willenette

Thank you for the correction   haha  Yes 3/21 is on Sunday.   Btw I watched the last week of EP 233  but I didn’t finish it. :weary:    There are some segments which were entertaining but the other one was … well too realistic portray of some K-male(s)   lol  :emmm:

Humm there is something off with ‘AGOODDAY’ teeshirt and his expression   Maybe he should pick  a different logo, like ‘INEEDAWIFEE’ hehe :sweat_smile:

spacer.png

cr to DC

ADrIaS2.gif

• LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

Humm there is something off with ‘AGOODDAY’ teeshirt and his expression   Maybe he should pick  a different logo, like ‘INEEDAWIFEE’ hehe :sweat_smile:

Wait, is that from his home? He has a gym in his bedroom? :scream: Why does that not surprise me. :loolz:

If he wants to get a wife, he better find one who likes to work out as much as he does and put up with a gym in their bedroom. :joy:

• LOL 1

On 3/18/2021 at 4:38 AM, partyon said:

------

My take on it was that they wanted to show ever so subtly the love between Bong Hwan and the King. It was clear that they had developed feelings towards each other and the director decided to show that to us viewers in the last episode. It was brief, but it was there.

The original novel Go Princess Go is based on, let the couple live happily ever after. Both acknowledged their feelings towards each other - knowing that the Queen's soul was actually a man's.

In the ending of the drama version of GPG they showed how distraught both leads were to be parted from each other, and that they had fallen in love. Despite that, they were not allowed to live their lives together happily ever after. :cry:

The Korean remake played it even safer. Now interestingly enough a lot of k-netz comments showed that even the Korean viewers felt conflicted by the ending. About half of the comments were alluding to the fact that Bong Hwan and the King should have ended up together.

So, I am still wondering whether tvN played it too safe this time....

------

Actually I was a bit surprised to see there were many subtle hints ( through wordings/gestures) about BH and King. Then I realized  MQ was supposed to broadcast in China as a joint investment by a Chinese company and currently the BL theme is trendy in the c-drama market.  

No doubt many Koreans knew about GPG   but the MQ team made the drama very entertaining and did a pretty good job at masquerading it.    tvN is a cable so it has a lot more leeway about certain topics than the other public broadcasters.    Perhaps some viewers could see the MQ team handled the BL subject in a very smart way without affronting them directly.   

23 hours ago, partyon said:

Wait, is that from his home? He has a gym in his bedroom? :scream: Why does that not surprise me. :loolz:

If he wants to get a wife, he better find one who likes to work out as much as he does and put up with a gym in a bedroom. :joy:

Well the way you pointed out about the exercise stuff in his bedroom made my womanly antenna perk up.   Wow that’s what will happen when a man stays single too long??!!  whahaa  :sweat_smile:   a bed and a gym!! hummm   a poor guy :piggie:    Still better than sitting on the bed and staring at the empty wall I guess  :yaaa:

My Little Old Boy (SBS) preview from  homepage

nAk1eTN.jpg

RSW6Cpb.jpg

Spoiler

NdAymAG.jpg

aguWjdw.jpg

6lmdWkG.jpg

GlwP5CS.jpg

YpuSHmc.jpg

3TZjEob.jpg

cr to DC

• Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

LOL at Mongsil's expression. Looking really confused. That's how I feel after seeing the pics @booha posted :joy:

Does anyone know if Mong Sil is a girl or boy dog?

45 minutes ago, booha said:

Well the way you pointed out about the exercise stuff in his bedroom made my womanly antenna perk up.   Wow that’s what will happen when a man stays single too long??!!  whahaa  :sweat_smile:   a bed and a gym!! hummm   a poor guy.  Still better than sitting on the bed and staring at the empty wall I guess  

It's weird to have a gym in your bedroom... :joy: Maybe ladies who come in there feel the same way, and that's why he has no wife yet? :loolz:I personally would not want a gym in my bedroom. 

Did you notice he has an exercise bike in his living room? Also, his home looks a bit "messy" - typical bachelor style messy. :joy:

It never seizes to amaze me that stars like Choi Jin Hyuk live in quite "small" sized apartments. I was just watching Sung Hoon on "I Live Alone" and noticed the same thing. Guess apartments are quite expensive in Seoul and/or the salaries of actors in Korea is a lot lower than what I expected?

• LOL 2

3 hours ago, partyon said:

LOL at Mongsil's expression. Looking really confused. That's how I feel after seeing the pics @booha posted :joy:

Does anyone know if Mong Sil is a girl or boy dog?

It's weird to have a gym in your bedroom...  Maybe ladies who come in there feel the same way, and that's why he has no wife yet? I personally would not want a gym in my bedroom. 

Did you notice he has an exercise bike in his living room? Also, his home looks a bit "messy" - typical bachelor style messy. 

It never seizes to amaze me that stars like Choi Jin Hyuk live in quite "small" sized apartments. I was just watching Sung Hoon on "I Live Alone" and noticed the same thing. Guess apartments are quite expensive in Seoul and/or the salaries of actors in Korea is a lot lower than what I expected?

Mong Sil is the white doggie ? Looks like a she - so pretty!

I guess Zoppa is a practical guy, and perhaps due to the space constraint and his love for exercise, he bought so many equipment.  He had no choice but to place them , well , here and there. :joy: 
I won't say he is messy - I have seen worse.   If you take out all his exercise equipment, his place is pretty much , not so cluttered.

Anyway, I am so happy to get to see his personal space - the hall, room and kitchen.

Thank you @booha @partyon

:heartxoxo:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Mong Sil is the white doggie ? Looks like a she - so pretty!

Yup, Mong Sil is oppa's doggie. The white one. :love:  I cannot tell from the look of it if it's a he or a she. @booha might know?

7 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

I won't say he is messy - I have seen worse.   If you take out all his exercise equipment, his place is pretty much , not so cluttered.
Anyway, I am so happy to get to see his personal space - the hall, room and kitchen.

I've seen far worse too. :joy:

I am also so happy to see his home for the first time. :heart:

Will for sure watch today's episode once it is up. Is it too much to dream that there would be English subs available...? :please:

@booha You seem to know Korean, maybe you can at least give us a summary of what he said. :Please:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

EVENT: Tweak my oppa! COMPETITION - Win prizes! :love:

Now you have a chance to show us your photo editing skills and promote your oppa or favorite drama!

Tweak a picture of your oppa, a drama poster and/or a picture we Event Organizers have picked out for you.

You don't have to be a master of photoshopping in order to participate. There are lots of free SW and apps available to edit pictures, even on your phone. So don't be shy! :kiss_wink:

We have great prizes for the winners! :partyblob:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl

• Wiggle 2

@partyon @Min2206

Mongsil is a girl and  8yrs old (in human age 56).  Yeah she isn’t a youngster anymore.  CJH got her for his mom when he had to leave town for 2/3 months filming GFB(2013).   At the time his mom suffered with a back problem and she had limited mobility to go outside. I had to guess it must be his first time being away from her for any duration and he worried about her.  He said he hoped Mongsil would be at her side to comfort her.  The funny thing is that Mongsil became CJH’s dear daughter.  Yeah it looks like it was CJH who needed a furry companion more than his mom  haha  :tounge_xd:

Watched the show in Viki though it still doesn’t have eng subs. It seems CJH’s part was cut rather abruptly at the end.   Though the show didn’t mention it, someone said there should be more about CJH next week??  I guess we have to wait to see about it.

(few things)
CJH mentioned he moved to the current place 2 months ago.   
First I wondered whether his parents moved back to his hometown south Mokpo but I realized his mom couldn’t just leave CJH.  haha  The show showed CJH had a limit to what he could cook yet he had three refrigerators. CJH lives alone. Why does he need 3 refriges?  The only reason I can think of is  his mom who makes meals, a lot of them and needs a big space to store them.  haha    In another variety show CJH mentioned his mom’s excellent cooking skill.  He said she ran a restaurant in his old hometown in the past.  As the only child I’m sure his mom spoils him dearly which is so typical in Asia. His mon can’t let her dear son eat ramen everyday.  

About the gym in his bedroom,  it’s possible because of Covid, he put it there.  In the show he was opening another piece of mail-order exercise equipment. 

5pGLuy7.gif

NcqeRV8.gif

Spoiler

Z6zlQjc.gif

qh9mmCc.gif

SIxUF0E.jpg

Spoiler

2wVaMUR.jpg

pfEtSoj.jpg

jYuLjfj.jpg

cr to DC

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, booha said:

@partyon @Min2206

Mongsil is a girl and  8yrs old (in human age 56).  Yeah she isn’t a youngster anymore.  CJH got her for his mom when he had to leave town for 2/3 months filming GFB(2013).   At the time his mom suffered with a back problem and she had limited mobility to go outside. I had to guess it must be his first time being away from her for any duration and he worried about her.  He said he hoped Mongsil would be at her side to comfort her.  The funny thing is that Mongsil became CJH’s dear daughter.  Yeah it looks like it was CJH who needed a furry companion more than his mom  haha  :tounge_xd:

Watched the show in Viki though it still doesn’t have eng subs. It seems CJH’s part was cut rather abruptly at the end.   Though the show didn’t mention it, someone said there should be more about CJH next week??  I guess we have to wait to see about it.

(few things)
CJH mentioned he moved to the current place 2 months ago.   
First I wondered whether his parents moved back to his hometown south Mokpo but I realized his mom couldn’t just leave CJH.  haha  The show showed CJH had a limit to what he could cook yet he had three refrigerators. CJH lives alone. Why does he need 3 refriges?  The only reason I can think of is  his mom who makes meals, a lot of them and needs a big space to store them.  haha    In another variety show CJH mentioned his mom’s excellent cooking skill.  He said she ran a restaurant in his old hometown in the past.  As the only child I’m sure his mom spoils him dearly which is so typical in Asia. His mon can’t let her dear son eat ramen everyday.  

About the gym in his bedroom,  it’s possible because of Covid, he put it there.  In the show he was opening another piece of mail-order exercise equipment. 

Awwww @booha  I just saw all your pics and clips .... awwwwwwwwww

Zoppa is so cute when he was a lil boy. 
Lucky Mongsil, get to go up on his huge bed.  
Yea, why 3 refrigerators .. hahahahha! 

HIs kitchen looks big from that angle and is he cooking something?  was that ramen, the first few pics you showed, Booha or is he cooking something else?

Can we have more please?

• Blob 2

@booha Thanks for the recap :dorakiss:Mongsil is such a cutie pie and oppa's 3 refrigerators are.... interesting. :joy:

Not sure if this video was shared here - I have no idea what they're saying, but oppa's laugh is so cute in the end. :love:

• Blob 1

Hello all! And dear @partyon chingu, I watched the video you tagged me on Tweak my oppa thread! Oh my!! :scream: my headset rocks when Jin Hyuk speaks...!!!!  His voice is seriously in a low note. So heavy!!! But so manly at the same time. :)

And why did he say that he decided to quit acting because he never got nice dramas nor he did rise to fame?? I mean my hear hurt when I read eng sub!!! :huh: It's hard to acknowledge a man this big with a deep voice is suffering from inside. So I really hope he will cast in a romantic drama next as the lead actor!!! Miss seeing him as a caring lover on-screen!!! :( He really has everything a lady can ever ask for in a man. He can do a lot better in rom-coms!!! :heart:

• Love 2

@gm4queen Thanks for visiting our thread. :dorakiss:

The interview I shared of oppa was from 2016/2017 when Tunnel was airing. :heart4:

As you may know, Choi Jin Hyuk has done a lot of different types of dramas, but has been involved in action filled dramas the last few years. While he is awesome in rom-coms, even in the interview you saw of him, he said that he would love to challenge himself with different types of roles, and that he felt that he could do well in comedy. Before Tunnel he had done many rom-coms.

But he wasn't able to showcase his comedic talents until 2020 in Zombie Detective and later as a cameo in Mr. Queen. And he did really well! :love:

tumblr_9bdedb36c650135b66da4c31e3305397_

596821dd9367f641f2d2a04fb2b4ca787ebfe8aa

cr. to owners

He excels in thrillers because of his physique and his manly voice, but I feel like he is the type of person who thrives from challenging himself.

I would absolutely LOVE to see him do a villain role next - mostly because it's a type of role he would do really well in. Or a melodrama. He is such an crybaby - tears come easily to him - so him doing emotional scenes would be such a treat for us fans! :love:

We fans have been waiting for him to reveal what drama/movie he is doing next, but no news yet. Whatever he chooses, we hope he will choose something that he will be happy with. 

It's a pity that he passed on Mouse, but hopefully he has something else great in store for us. :kiss_wink:

• Love 2