Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

@partyon  @Min2206

Owhaha  someone gave a big thumbs up for Bong-Hwan.   :elated:
Now Mr. Queen is over. It’s a happy ending.  hooray   Glad to know  CJH’s Bong-Hwan made an appearance in the last episode showing he is safely back to the present instead of stuck in the past.  

PS I read he’s looking into the next project.     And tvN rebroadcasts ‘Emergency Couple’(tvN 2014) from 2/15 to 2/18    Humm Right after ending of MQ and tvN decided to air CJH’s EC?!!   Hopefully it will give good publicity for CJHssi.  :letsgo:

MQ  Bong-Hwan

ZJpguJR.gif

Spoiler

K1EYU4O.gif

YhFGHke.gif

7kTMFNK.gif

cr to DC

“Emergency Couple” rerun, starring Song Ji-hyo and Choi Jin-hyuk, “A sweet and bloody romance of a divorced couple”

FR7supG.png

Spoiler

i90dBvz.jpg

jrxr94e.png

nADW5O5.png

http://www.lecturernews.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=61169

최진혁 (CHOI JIN HYUK) - 꽃향기 (The Scent of Flower) (응급남녀 OST) MV

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Hello everyone! Long time no see :smile:

So CJH is already looking into a new project? I really hope he chooses a romcom! No offence but I feel like his consistent choice of serious dramas starting from Last Empress, hasn't done anything good for his career/reputation :sweat_smile: Tunnel, Zombie Detective, and Pride and Prejudice were the only good ones. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

On 2/16/2021 at 8:01 AM, booha said:

Whaha  Thank you for reminding us CJH is only 35 (yeah in the US).  I like your thinking about the age 35 and 36. :mrgreen:

It sounds like that comes from someone with seasoned maturity haha   Yes at some point in one’s age, one has to shave off aging anywhere possible physically and/or psychologically. lol :tounge_xd:   Yup 35 gives out more of a youngish vibe  haha  Still he has to feel his biological clock is ticking for marriage and family.  

Thank you for posting the award video with CJH.  It was from 2016/11/26 when CJH made the first public appearance after his MS disaster.  It was like a coming back event for him before Tunnel.   I was so happy seeing him again that I didn’t pay attention who was awarded or what kind of event it was.  All that mattered was that CJH returned walking normally after waiting anxiously many months.  
This time I watched the video closely.  Korea hosted 2016-WebTVAsia Awards, and I was surprised to learn about the person who won this award.
According to wiki; … Pikotaro, a fictional singer-songwriter created and portrayed by Japanese comedian Daimaou Kosaka...

PPAP (Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen) was released as a music video on YouTube on 25 August 2016, and has since become a viral video…    spawned parodies, and has been hailed as the new "Gangnam Style" by various newspapers and online media.   
((**It must be still popular, with over 377 million views currently))

PIKOTARO - PPAP (Pen Pineapple Apple Pen) (Long Version) [Official Video]

Kosaka( aka Pikotaro) is a comedian, so he showed off his goofiness around the award ceremony. ie he thanked the list of people( father, mother, brother, sister, my house cat, neighborhood cousin, Justinbieber, and all of you who supported me)   CJH’s expression suggests that he knew who Kosaka( aka Pikotaro) was.  

Reveal hidden contents

PS I want you to know that, when you quote,  you have to delete any picture/video in it. I hope you know how to delete. If not, just put a cursor underneath it and click ‘backspace’ Don’t forget to check in spoiler ((This one is a bit tricky. I always have to check it after posting and anything in it then I delete it. so cumbersome..))     Usually mods come around to check but this thread isn’t busy so they don’t frequent here.  :blush:  :saitama:

I'm very impressed that you watched this ceremony back when it happened. Thanks for all the wonderful background info and details. At the time I was still unaware of Choi Jin Hyuk's existence. But Tunnel would change all that. Unless he gets another awesome project somewhere down the line, to me, Tunnel (and Zombie Detective) will always be his most memorable, defining works. I love when he stars in well-written stories with a strong focus on character and less on romance. I don't like it when actors get objectified and packaged into these beefcakes for female audience's viewing pleasure. The work ends up shallow and the characters forgettable. I want well-rounded characters that we can really get to know. To be honest, I'm tired of watching him kiss on screen. Am I getting jealous? Maybe! But after a while, it doesn't interest me anymore. I want him to get meaty roles with substance, that leave an indelible memory. Not fluffy chaebol types or robotic stereotypical action figure. Zombie Detective is one of those dramas that you can watch over and over again because of how well the character is written. The screenwriter took the time to make you fall in love with him, all without a single kiss. 

Lastly, I noticed that the drama immediately following Heirs in the same time slot was none other than You Who Came From The Star, starring Jun Ji Hyun. My heart dropped in my chest seeing that recently, because the reason I could not finish watching that drama was because of the leading actor, who in my personal opinion was miscast. Apparently, the two leads worked well together in a previous project, so that's why they were cast again for You Who Came From The Star. But I could not feel their chemistry. The whole time Kim Soo Hyun just seemed like Jun Ji Hyun's stony-faced younger brother. Even though I love the screenwriter for her previous dramas such as Queen of Housewives, I could not for the life of me continue watching the drama. Now I realize, a little brokenheartedly, that Choi Jin Hyuk would have been absolutely PERFECT as Do Min Joon opposite Jun Ji Hyun. It breaks my heart just to think about it. About what could have been. It's so sad when well-written dramas have less than perfect casting. I wonder if anyone feels the same way? I present you the photos from an alternate world where Choi Jin Hyuk stars in You Who Came From the Stars with Jun Ji Hyun: 

6b5fec70a6413f1c75828ca00bbe5050.jpg

benihime99 GIF

cjh.jpg

Spoiler

Excuse Me Netflix GIF by The Swoon

spacer.png

Korean Drama Reaction GIF by The Swoon

wEHQ5e_TPFioWCmvHRFGXHwhVtgftVYo3ejUGS7n

257ABB3952D389F829

spacer.png

D0lCbuiUwAAhX-g.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

213C684F52FB27A034

spacer.png

kim soo hyun wink GIF

5008.jpg?type=w800

c08b9086c6b589ed02348dff3c77bc85.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBF3NKF30MB71H-7ppQjw

wpid-emb000021086fb01.jpg

6sLCnZLFj5CS2YrqO5WQKvT4vxDhhR9eS-mM8eA1

original.jpg

chjheir2.jpg

4-0Tm4kdhUnn_-DwAEQOWPuoCiDFypmw8OG0C2HM

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfGTvJmiB7kvIY-gbZotV

maxresdefault.jpg

spacer.png

a6afc9ac07c6b2cddfc4db2fa7bed8b1.png

2da9114bf7cc3eca1b22d5767d547c69.jpg

8-Gianna-Jun-Ji-Hyeon-You-Who-Came-From-

heirs-choi-jin-hyuk.jpg?w=640

9a31230e0660c8645c1aee36f34fe0bd.png

heirs-won.jpg

200.gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7HFvx964Ezo0a15h5SRu

1585895848627-0.jpg

choi-jin-hyuk-the-heirs-1.png

my love from the star GIF

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyyOWfUrBvow8cU-E30ma

Also, another screenwriter that Choi Jin Hyuk should have on his radar is Park Jae Bum. He is a screenwriter who writes really awesome action dramas with a strong lead and ensemble cast. For example, The Fiery Priest and Chief Kim. Both were highly rated and highly watchable. They totally deserved their ratings and praise. His newest drama is coming out soon. It's called "Vincenzo" and again, I feel like this would have been so suited to Choi Jin Hyuk. I feel like if he actively courted the writer, he would have a fighting chance of getting a lead role in the future. Screenwriters like Park Jae Bum are a rare breed who can combine different genres such as action and humor and also manage to be meaningful. His dramas are satisfying for both the mind, the heart, and soul. I'll be watching Vincenzo and the whole time wishing it was Choi Jin Hyuk. I already saw the trailer, and I still think Choi Jin Hyuk fits the role better. If you get a chance, check out Vincenzo and see if you agree.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1453276wpp/vincenzo-screenwriter-and-director-praise-song-joong-ki-jeon-yeo-bin-and-2pms-taecyeon

Edited by MaybeOneDay
Please don’t quote images and hide more than 3pics in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 3

**BTS  Mr. Queen

Gtree IG : https://www.instagram.com/p/CLX9ItXJdum/

You haven't forgotten Bonghwan yet, have you?
We prepared a behind-the-scenes story about Choi Jinhyuk, who sparkled the beginning and end of tvN's "Mr.Queen"
Please come to the G-Tree post and check it out.

OoYMzLC.jpg

cr to DC

ttps://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=30728857&memberNo=30729681

75Q3CTU.jpg

Spoiler

1knlx6R.jpg

zG1XopD.jpg

XhpGjVi.jpg

hdkTKuy.jpg

0ImU5zH.jpg

Spoiler

GHAvYl7.gif

L63KkCz.gif

RpDObxP.gif

CpaDDb9.gif

z8bWApN.gif

1VjUZ54.gif

Spoiler

ISnEGek.jpg

h47BHfF.jpg

EjjYEWi.jpg

Nom9vh2.jpg

Spoiler

fka4soE.jpg

eGzpRJu.gif

8E1kA39.gif

mTSlUoW.gif

Spoiler

rm5ieRs.gif

VFceQVZ.jpg

hDIlwQc.jpg

S9lfsFi.gif

Q4dkW8t.jpg

KpZIrVa.gif

HZSM0hk.jpg

Spoiler

XsQzTXO.jpg

On 2/17/2021 at 7:04 PM, Skyline said:

Hello everyone! Long time no see :smile:

So CJH is already looking into a new project? I really hope he chooses a romcom! No offence but I feel like his consistent choice of serious dramas starting from Last Empress, hasn't done anything good for his career/reputation :sweat_smile: Tunnel, Zombie Detective, and Pride and Prejudice were the only good ones. 

Hello hello  nice to stop by here.:blush:   still wishing for Zombie-2  I know at this point it’s unlikely it will happen. But that zombie MY is such a uniquely developed character that not seeing it more is sad. What a waste.  CJH put a lot of effort into it.  He seemed to lose weight for it.  The script would have been better..  maybe then..  oh well life has to go on I guess.   I agree I think it’s time for some romcom for his fans.  :happy2:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

On 2/20/2021 at 6:40 AM, booha said:

**BTS  Mr. Queen

We prepared a behind-the-scenes story about Choi Jinhyuk, who sparkled the beginning and end of tvN's "Mr.Queen"
Please come to the G-Tree post and check it out.

cr to DC

ttps://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=30728857&memberNo=30729681

Hide contents

Hide contents

Hide contents

Hide contents

Hide contents

Hide contents

Hello hello  nice to stop by here.:blush:   still wishing for Zombie-2  I know at this point it’s unlikely it will happen. But that zombie MY is such a uniquely developed character that not seeing it more is sad. What a waste.  CJH put a lot of effort into it.  He seemed to lose weight for it.  The script would have been better..  maybe then..  oh well life has to go on I guess.   I agree I think it’s time for some romcom for his fans.  :happy2:

Ah, Bonghwan... this cameo gives mixed feelings. On one hand, it's nice to be able to see him again so soon after Zombie Detective. On the other hand... not completely satisfied with the Blue House chef character. There were so few scenes of him. It looks like they shot a lot of footage in the kitchen, but they only used so little of it. The screenwriter and director fail to convince me that he's really the Blue House chef. The scenes they showed were not enough, if you know what I mean. He just did not seem like a chef at all. An attractive man? Yes. I loved the club scenes of him hitting on another man. And the falling into the pool part was well written. But in general, there's just not enough material there for the audience to really connect with Bonghwan or Choi Jin Hyuk. The character seemed fake, to be honest. Plus, I know that in an interview, Choi Jin Hyuk mentioned that he doesn't cook at all hahaha. So him as chef is not believable. I don't buy it haha. So all in all, do I think this cameo was a success? Not really... again, mixed feelings. I noticed that his IG followers reached 1 million recently, though. So maybe he did gain some fans thanks to Mr. Queen. But was the cameo high quality? No. Because there were not enough scenes of Bonghwan, it did not feel real at the end to see him wake up in the hospital and react with relief and joy at the bookstore while reading the history book. It felt really fake, because he had to pull all of those emotions out of thin air. I usually love his smile, but in this case, that felt fake too. So while the cameo seems like a great idea on paper, the execution was flawed. I don't think the screenwriter and director spent enough time on Bonghwan. It felt like anybody could have played in this part. They didn't even really need Choi Jin Hyuk, honestly. It was an unnecessary use of his time and talent. I wouldn't mind if he never took part of Mr Queen and just used that time to rest and look for a better project. But work is work, and all that. Definetly, Zombie Detective leaves an unforgettable memory. The writer is so talented and hope they can work together again. But I didn't lik the last scene where they meet up at the club. It seemed too frivolous and casual. It would have been nice to end the drama on a more meaningful way.

Edited by Berou
Please do not quote pics. Thanks !
  • Like 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, booha said:

**BTS  Mr. Queen

to DC

Thank you @booha on Chef Jang's pictures.  I am glad that he took this role in Mr Queen.   I was emo a bit when when he was at the library looking at the King Cheol Jong pic.  Not sure whether he crying in sadness, having to leave him or happiness seeing CJ made it.  I guess mixed feeling, just like many of us.  Wish the ending was not so rushed but generally, I enjoy Mr Queen.  

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, Min2206 said:

Thank you @booha on Chef Jang's pictures.  I am glad that he took this role in Mr Queen.   I was emo a bit when when he was at the library looking at the King Cheol Jong pic.  Not sure whether he crying in sadness, having to leave him or happiness seeing CJ made it.  I guess mixed feeling, just like many of us.  Wish the ending was not so rushed but generally, I enjoy Mr Queen.  

The drama was a delight, just wish Choi Jin Hyuk's cameo was more substantial. Too greedy, aren't I? Did you notice his hair color was quite unusual in the last episode? It had specks of gray. I wonder why they did that to his hair hehe.

On an completely unrelated note, I would like to point out how much Jang Nara reminds me of the elementary school version of Choi Jin Hyuk! The resemblance is uncanny. The same bright round eyes. The cute button nose. The sunny smile. The snow white skin.

Borrowing Booha's heart-achingly adorable photo of Choi Jin Hyuk for reference to compare: 

GULxEgm.jpg

36595dc94db44514bed8d7fc0cfacbbf.jpeg?s=

jang-nara1.jpg

Spoiler

spacer.png

b5fce317d9170a7a123625f606683f87.jpg

So what does this all mean? Do they have some sort of sibling fate or perhaps... husband and wife destiny...? How cute are their kids gonna be, seriously! Jang Nara needs to get a move on it. She's gonna be 40 this year!!!

Edited by MaybeOneDay
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

20 hours ago, Min2206 said:

At first I wasn’t sure what it could mean about Bonghwan’s expression.   First there seems to be a glimpse of sad yearning in him and then he starts laughing and crying.  Maybe these confusing layers of emotions are  shown by Bonghwan in order to skirt around the obvious fact that Bonghwan, who is a man, has a feeling for another man, the king.   haha   
The original Chinese novel seems to be about BL.  Because of the Chinese government censorship for such subjects, the Chinese drama production left obvious stuff in a thin veil.   I don’t know whether you watched their alternative ending.  I read they made this second ending to appease some unhappy devoted novel fans.  
The same in Korea too  I don’t think Korean viewers are ready for BL drama.
After rewatching some parts regarding Bonghwan and the king, I could see there are some with a vague suggestion about these two.  
After The king ever gently strokes the queen’s book and says with a dreamy look  ‘Did I lose something.’ ‘Sometimes, my mind is…’ ((**In this circumstance I have to say it sounds more like ‘my feeling is’))
And then the scene switches back to Bonghwan  :transforms:

@MaybeOneDay

haha don’t worry when it comes to our own bias we have no control  lol Yes greed is good and a must haha  :sweat_smile::rubchin:

Actually CJH’s cameo character (Bonghwan) in Mr. Queen isn’t just a one time appearance to boost some kind of flavor for the drama.   Though CJH’s physical appearance isn’t long  but his voice as a narrator goes much further into the drama.  The Bonghwan is the real backbone in the queen’s character.   Besides I don’t think any voice can put a stamp on the character like CJH does. :glasses::wow2:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Thank you so much @booha

Awww, I am so happy to see CJH with Shin HS in one frame.  Thank you for sharing the twit.  Really did not expect them to be together in BTS.  Maybe the water scene.

And LOL ... when he is the patient gown in hospital, running away from the detective? 

His LEGS are SOOOO  LONG !

:Megalol:

• Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

@Min2206

Yeap though there is only one photo of CJH&SHS from BTS, we are given a water kiss scene so I shouldn’t complain…  :winkx:
Owhaha yes our zoppa has million dollar legs  He shows he can do a slick get-away dance move with thongs  lol  :joy:

spacer.png

cr to DC

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

@Min2206

Gosh I seem to be behind everything these days hehe   It may be this whiff of spring on the horizon.  IcqEVvK.gif
Yes I’m staring at his leather jacket too    He looks good haha :tongue:

His face is saying ‘is it Monday again?%@#’  lol

vImzHN7.jpg

cr to DC

oa8TR0q.gif

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

*** This came from KingChoice, which is a popular polling website where fans of K-Pop can participate in various polls put up on a semi-regular basis on topics such as idols, ships, songs, and other categories. These polls often draw in hundreds of thousands of votes total, so the results come from a pretty large pool of participants! While of course the resulting list will always be subjective, it’s still interesting to see who ends up on the top of the chart and whether or not your favorite artist ended up where you think they should.  :highonflowers:

These Are Considered The Current 25 Most Handsome Korean Actors

9. Choi Jin Hyuk

source : https://kingchoice.me/topic-most-handsome-korean-actors-2021-close-february-28-1259.html

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2

CJHssi is back with  new hair.  Hard to say about his new hair.  It’s different.  I prefer  black hair  but the main thing is he is okay.  It’s possible he found a new drama??  :Please:

PS  The original song is from JANG DEOK CHEOL. 

[SPECIAL LIVE] 장덕철(JANG DEOK CHEOL) - '겨울잠(fall asleep)' (cover by 최진혁)

OIZ9Is0.png

cr to DC

ujqF7MU.gif

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, booha said:

CJHssi is back with  new hair.  Hard to say about his new hair.  It’s different.  I prefer  black hair  but the main thing is he is okay.  It’s possible he found a new drama?? 

I saw the video yesterday. I was kind of thrown off by his new hair color. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, booha said:

CJHssi is back with  new hair.  Hard to say about his new hair.  It’s different.  I prefer  black hair  but the main thing is he is okay.  It’s possible he found a new drama?? 

PS  The original song is from JANG DEOK CHEOL. 

[SPECIAL LIVE] 장덕철(JANG DEOK CHEOL) - '겨울잠(fall asleep)' (cover by 최진혁)

cr to DC

@booha, thanks for sharing this. He looks good also with this kind of hair color. Like you, I also prefer black for him, he looks more masculine while on this blonde one, a little soft - hahaha - Well, I hope you're right - that it's for a new drama.  :Megalol:

• Blob 2