Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

EVENT: My Ultimate Oppa - Part 2

Your request has been granted. :kiss_wink: We put up a new My Ultimate Oppa poll!

This time featuring:

Ahjussi oppas, Super Ahjussi oppas, Grandpa oppas and Keanu Reeves

Please vote for your favorites!

re: @Lmangla

:partyblob:

• Thanks 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 3

If you all are suffering from Choi Jin Hyuk withdrawal like I am, and can't make it another day... I have a temporary cure for you... poor dude films two dramas a year and still not enough for me... at this rate, he really will not have enough time or energy to date... all he does in his free time is play with his dog and sleep probably hahaha... happy for me that he's productive and still single but sad for him! anyways, so if you're curious what the "cure" I mentioned is... it is another actor who reminds me a lot of Choi Jin Hyuk. actually, this actor is very similar in some ways. I think of him as Choi Jin Hyuk's long lost older brother. He is also very tall, and has a very deep voice. Ironically, I started following Choi Jin Hyuk because he reminded me of this other actor (!) Isn't that funny? This other actor mainly appears in half year long family dramas with lots of episodes. So you'll have lots of content to watch while we wait for Choi Jin Hyuk to appear again. So now I should tell you who it is, right? His name is Seo Do Young, he was a former model and apparently a biology major in college. I recommend watching Gangnam Scandal, which is what made me first notice him. He is very good in it. The character suited him very well, even though he is technically second lead, he has a lot of screen time. The leading actress is also very good, and they have really good chemistry. Actually his leading actress also appeared in The Last Empress. She's a really talented actress, and I wish both of them were more well-known. After you watch Gangnam Scandal, the other drama I recommend is Want A Taste. He is the main lead in this, but the character is slightly different. I like both very much, but he was more smoldering hot in Gangnam Scandal and chemistry with lead actress was especially good. Anyway, Choi Jin Hyuk is in no way threatened by Seo Do Young. Seo Do Young is gorgeous, and has a gentle/shy personality which is so lovely to watch, plus his deep, manly voice which reminds me of Choi Jin Hyuk. He's like the gentle and kind older brother while Choi Jin Hyuk is the driven, ambitious younger brother. Wow look at me writing a drama. Seo Do Young started as a fashion model, and he has great skin. What is really nice is that *I think* he doesn't smoke and has a healthy, active, family-oriented lifestyle. So even though he is several years older than Choi Jin Hyuk, he looks very young for his age. On the other hand, I am a bit worried about Choi Jin Hyuk. I think he is aging faster than he should due to maybe smoking and drinking and not eating enough vegetables and fruits haha. I feel like he is entering ahjusshi territory... *tears* although I love him for his talent, I do care about his looks as well, hahaha. 

Here are some pictures of my substitute oppa, Seo Do Young. or more accurately, my original oppa that Choi Jin Hyuk substituted for hahaha. Doesn't he remind you a little bit of Choi Jin Hyuk? Those soft and expressive eyes. The gentle mischievous smile. The same gorgeous long neck and alabaster skin. Check out Gangnam Scandal or Want A Taste to hear his voice :) http://star.koreandrama.org/suh-do-young

https://www.facebook.com/Seo-Do-Young-105946589456605/photos/121220881262509

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

jinhyuk fan movie (feat.밤하늘의 별을)

cr to 최진혁 갤러리 처음이

밤하늘의별을(Night Star) ((K-lyrics))

Spoiler

밤하늘의 별을 따서 너에게 줄래
너는 내가 사랑하니까 더 소중하니까
오직 너 아니면 안 된다고 외치고 싶어
그저 내 곁에만 있어줘 떠나지 말아줘

참 많이 어색했었죠 널 처음 만난 날
멀리서 좋아하다가 들킨 사람처럼
숨이 가득 차올라서 아무 말 하지 못했는데
너는 말 없이 웃으며 내 손 잡아줬죠

밤하늘의 별을 따서 너에게 줄래
너는 내가 사랑하니까 더 소중하니까
오직 너 아니면 안 된다고 외치고 싶어
그저 내 곁에만 있어줘 떠나지 말아줘

널 좋아하는 내 마음이 표현이 안 돼
꿈이 아니면 좋겠어 자꾸 웃음 나와
내 모든 걸 다 준대도 너에겐 아깝질 않아
이 순간이 영원하길 난 정말 행복해

밤하늘의 별을 따서 너에게 줄래
너는 내가 사랑하니까 더 소중하니까
오직 너 아니면 안 된다고 외치고 싶어
그저 내 곁에만 있어줘 떠나지 말아줘
그저 내 곁에만 있어줘 떠나지 말아줘

많고 많은 사람 중에 너를 만나서
행복하고 싶어 두 번 다시 울지 않을래
오직 내 눈에는 너만 보여 나를 아껴줘
이제부터 혼자가 아니야 우린 함께니까
나나나 난난 난난나
나나나 난난 난난나
나 나나나 난난 난난나 나나난나

나나나 난난 난난나
나나나 난난 난난나

나 나나나 난난 난난나 나나난나

n9jG9HM.gif

cr to DC

XVSNxUq.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

On 2/8/2021 at 9:25 AM, booha said:

jinhyuk fan movie (feat.밤하늘의 별cr to 최진혁 갤러리 처음이

밤하늘의별을(Night Star) ((K-lyrics))

Reveal hidden contents

밤하늘의 별을 따서 너에게 줄래
너는 내가 사랑하니까 더 소중하니까
오직 너 아니면 안 된다고 외치고 싶어
그저 내 곁에만 있어줘 떠나지 말아줘

참 많이 어색했었죠 널 처음 만난 날
멀리서 좋아하다가 들킨 사람처럼
숨이 가득 차올라서 아무 말 하지 못했는데
너는 말 없이 웃으며 내 손 잡아줬죠

밤하늘의 별을 따서 너에게 줄래
너는 내가 사랑하니까 더 소중하니까
오직 너 아니면 안 된다고 외치고 싶어
그저 내 곁에만 있어줘 떠나지 말아줘

널 좋아하는 내 마음이 표현이 안 돼
꿈이 아니면 좋겠어 자꾸 웃음 나와
내 모든 걸 다 준대도 너에겐 아깝질 않아
이 순간이 영원하길 난 정말 행복해

밤하늘의 별을 따서 너에게 줄래
너는 내가 사랑하니까 더 소중하니까
오직 너 아니면 안 된다고 외치고 싶어
그저 내 곁에만 있어줘 떠나지 말아줘
그저 내 곁에만 있어줘 떠나지 말아줘

많고 많은 사람 중에 너를 만나서
행복하고 싶어 두 번 다시 울지 않을래
오직 내 눈에는 너만 보여 나를 아껴줘
이제부터 혼자가 아니야 우린 함께니까
나나나 난난 난난나
나나나 난난 난난나
나 나나나 난난 난난나 나나난나

나나나 난난 난난나
나나나 난난 난난나

나 나나나 난난 난난나 나나난나

cr to DC

that's right, give me my heart back, Choi Jin Hyuk!!!

On 2/9/2021 at 10:50 AM, booha said:

Reveal hidden contents

cr to DC

that photo of him as a little boy made my heart stop for a second. how his mom and dad must have adored him since he was born. sigh... hope he finds a nice girl and has a bunch of kids just like him~~~

Edited by serenilmauve
Please don’t quote images/videos/gifs, thanks!
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

On 2/9/2021 at 10:50 AM, booha said:

Reveal hidden contents

cr to DC

Just saw Zoppa's younger pic as a kid - thanks @booha    He's truly a handsome boy!

Also hope that he's recovered well from his illness too @partyon
There's no update on this?

Edited by serenilmauve
  • Like 2
  • Blob 1

Here's a beautiful interview the birthday boy gave about 6 years ago when he was 27 or 28? I thought it would go well with the photo of Choi Jin Hyuk as an adorable litle boy with a smile as bright as the sun. 

https://thesunnytown.wordpress.com/2014/06/12/june-2014-elle-choi-jin-hyuk-the-real-man-interview

There are so many gems in this interview. Here's one I really like: 

""I still have this faith inside my heart. I have this faith and this confidence like “things will turn out well”, “I will be able to do it”. As I went through ups and downs in my life, I had different feelings co-existing in my heart. I thought it would be an advantage for me as an actor one day.""

Edited by MaybeOneDay
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

I know we're supposed to be celebrating his birthday but I just started watching Devilish Joy and I need to rant. Literally fell asleep during the first episode! That is, after laughing my head off AT the storyline, yes I was laughing at them, not with them. How many drama tropes did they manage to fit into the first episode??? I need to file an official complaint somewhere. I cannot believe that this is the drama that Choi Jin Hyuk decided to take on right after Tunnel. Really?! After the record breaking ratings and solid screenplay, you could not drop any lower than Devilish Joy. I think it's probably one of the worst first episodes I've ever watched, story-wise. Was filming Tunnel so painful and joyless that he jumped at the chance to star in the most fluffy and sickening sweet drama in the world? I mean, I feel so bad for everyone involved. All the effort that goes into filming: logistics of planning an overseas shoot, the money it takes, the energy and time... all the trouble they went into, and they could not have chosen a better written screenplay??? Seriously, my brain was rotting after a few minutes. Guys, does this drama ever get better? There's probably better things to do with my time than continue watching this trainwreck, right? AND RIGHT AFTER THE BRILLIANCE OF TUNNEL!!! *grumbles*

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

@partyon  @Min2206  @MaybeOneDay

You are so right  With 36 on his forehead  it’s time for him to get hitched and live happily ever after  haha   I hope he has somebody. Gosh I hope he is not staring at the empty wall and wondering where his destined soulmate is…  oops :sweat_smile:

Hi @MaybeOneDay thank you for the interview article. :blush:   I vaguely remember about the interview with Elle.kr ( but familiar with the photo)  but I hadn’t read it in English.   I enjoyed reading it. You are right it’s a good interview article.   Also someone did a wonderful job with the translation.  After a major career break with GFB, CJH did a lot of interviews. He was a lot more introspective then which made a bit of a challenge to translate.   It was a fun time to read his many interviews as he was relatively unknown until then and there wasn’t much stuff about him to read.  

** Well nice to see CJH posted IG to thank about the birthday gifts but instead of him he had Mongsil in the picture.   It means we still don’t know about his wellbeing.   Still it's good to know CJH took these pictures :hooray:

real_jinhyuk

x03PKZo.jpg

cdI7HuI.jpg

:hwaiting:

nju1o9m.gif

cr to DC

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, booha said:

*Well nice to see CJH posted IG to thank about the birthday gifts but instead of him he had Mongsil in the picture.   It means we still don’t know about his wellbeing.   Still it's good to know CJH took these pictures

real_jinhyuk

@booha, thanks for sharing the pictures. Shame on me - I forgot that it was his special day last February 9.................... I hope he had  grand time spending his DAY with his family & friends. If he has special someone right now, he could have spent this time with her - hahaha - I hope he's doing fine. Well, I guess he is since he took these photos. :hahah!:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

On 2/12/2021 at 9:13 AM, booha said:

You are so right  With 36 on his forehead  it’s time for him to get hitched and live happily ever after  haha   I hope he has somebody. Gosh I hope he is not staring at the empty wall and wondering where his destined soulmate is…  oops :sweat_smile:

Hi @MaybeOneDay thank you for the interview article. :blush:   I vaguely remember about the interview with Elle.kr ( but familiar with the photo)  but I hadn’t read it in English.   I enjoyed reading it. You are right it’s a good interview article.   Also someone did a wonderful job with the translation.  After a major career break with GFB, CJH did a lot of interviews. He was a lot more introspective then which made a bit of a challenge to translate.   It was a fun time to read his many interviews as he was relatively unknown until then and there wasn’t much stuff about him to read.  

** Well nice to see CJH posted IG to thank about the birthday gifts but instead of him he had Mongsil in the picture.   It means we still don’t know about his wellbeing.   Still it's good to know CJH took these pictures :hooray:

real_jinhyuk

:hwaiting:

cr to DC

Choi Jin Hyuk doing pushups in a batman sweatsuit - that's too hot. I cannot handle such hotness. *Dying* By the way, he is only 35 in international years. There's a difference haha. 35 and 36... one is mid-thirties, and the other is over the hill, late-thirties haha. How quickly the years pass by, don't they? One moment he is a pudgy adorable ab-less no-name extra in Pasta, the next he is a lean, mean 35 with legions of adoring fans, and all of his family debts paid off, a slew of solid dramas under his belt... it seems he never gets a break... his 20's must have just slid by in a haze of work, work, and more work. just when he's finished climbing one mountain, the next one appears right after: marriage and starting a family. hopefully this next big life project will be a lot more fun and he can finally take a breath.

Edited by serenilmauve
  • Like 2
  • Blob 2

3 hours ago, booha said:

** Well nice to see CJH posted IG to thank about the birthday gifts but instead of him he had Mongsil in the picture.   It means we still don’t know about his wellbeing.   Still it's good to know CJH took these pictures 

real_jinhyuk

Thank you for sharing his IG birthday presents post and the push-up.   I pray Zoppa is well and happy. 

새해 복 많이 받으세요
Happy Lunar New Year!

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

On 2/13/2021 at 2:26 AM, booha said:

Happy Lunar New Year  to everybody
Always feels good to lean on encouraging words :blush:

https://twitter.com/gilliankemmerer/status/1360257033195446273

Correction - friend is in Singapore, display is in Kuala Lumpur! :)

That is a beautiful and haunting quote by Han Kang. Thank you for sharing~~~

Edited by serenilmauve
Please don’t quote images/gifs/videos, thanks!
  • Like 1

Here's a funny and random video clip of the time Choi Jin Hyuk presented an award to Pikotaro, creator of the Pen Pineapple Apple Pen song. You can see him standing in the back of the stage trying not to laugh at Pikotaro's long-winded and slightly ridiculous acceptance speech. His face is hilarious. It's like, "What am I doing here?" and "Is this for real?" He's obviously trying so hard to take it seriously. And the two professional translators sharing one microphone, furiously translating to English and Korean. The whole awards ceremony seems a bit off-kilter in general, doesn't it? They just rented a large conference room at some hotel, haha. Looks like a scene from a romantic comedy or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx9JqBUzOPQ&t=185s&ab_channel=ChoiJinHyuk최진혁HKFanGroup

Edited by MaybeOneDay
  • Like 1
  • Blob 1

On 2/12/2021 at 12:07 AM, MaybeOneDay said:

Choi Jin Hyuk doing pushups in a batman sweatsuit - that's too hot. I cannot handle such hotness. *Dying* By the way, he is only 35 in international years. There's a difference haha. 35 and 36... one is mid-thirties, and the other is over the hill, late-thirties haha. How quickly the years pass by, don't they? One moment he is a pudgy adorable ab-less no-name extra in Pasta, the next he is a lean, mean 35 with legions of adoring fans, and all of his family debts paid off, a slew of solid dramas under his belt... it seems he never gets a break... his 20's must have just slid by in a haze of work, work, and more work. just when he's finished climbing one mountain, the next one appears right after: marriage and starting a family. hopefully this next big life project will be a lot more fun and he can finally take a breath.

Whaha  Thank you for reminding us CJH is only 35 (yeah in the US).  I like your thinking about the age 35 and 36. :mrgreen:

It sounds like that comes from someone with seasoned maturity haha   Yes at some point in one’s age, one has to shave off aging anywhere possible physically and/or psychologically. lol :tounge_xd:   Yup 35 gives out more of a youngish vibe  haha  Still he has to feel his biological clock is ticking for marriage and family.  

Thank you for posting the award video with CJH.  It was from 2016/11/26 when CJH made the first public appearance after his MS disaster.  It was like a coming back event for him before Tunnel.   I was so happy seeing him again that I didn’t pay attention who was awarded or what kind of event it was.  All that mattered was that CJH returned walking normally after waiting anxiously many months.  
This time I watched the video closely.  Korea hosted 2016-WebTVAsia Awards, and I was surprised to learn about the person who won this award.
According to wiki; … Pikotaro, a fictional singer-songwriter created and portrayed by Japanese comedian Daimaou Kosaka...

PPAP (Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen) was released as a music video on YouTube on 25 August 2016, and has since become a viral video…    spawned parodies, and has been hailed as the new "Gangnam Style" by various newspapers and online media.   
((**It must be still popular, with over 377 million views currently))

PIKOTARO - PPAP (Pen Pineapple Apple Pen) (Long Version) [Official Video]

Spoiler

Kosaka

Ynn24JC.jpg

Pikotaro

rc7TSG6.gif

H7oGOyK.gif

Kosaka( aka Pikotaro) is a comedian, so he showed off his goofiness around the award ceremony. ie he thanked the list of people( father, mother, brother, sister, my house cat, neighborhood cousin, Justinbieber, and all of you who supported me)   CJH’s expression suggests that he knew who Kosaka( aka Pikotaro) was.  

Spoiler

PS I want you to know that, when you quote,  you have to delete any picture/video in it. I hope you know how to delete. If not, just put a cursor underneath it and click ‘backspace’ Don’t forget to check in spoiler ((This one is a bit tricky. I always have to check it after posting and anything in it then I delete it. so cumbersome..))     Usually mods come around to check but this thread isn’t busy so they don’t frequent here.  :blush:  :saitama:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2