Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

Kim Soo Hyun Shows Support For “Zombie Detective” And “Producer” Director With Thoughtful Gift

e69dd91a08ef42d38d85e6b869812e8e.jpeg?s=

Kim Soo Hyun showed some love for “Producer” director Shim Jae Hyun!

On September 28, Kim Soo Hyun sent a coffee truck to the set of the director’s newest KBS 2TV drama “Zombie Detective.”

Kim Soo Hyun provided the “Zombie Detective” cast and crew with a variety of drinks along with the messages: “Time to transfuse coffee for survival,” “The sweet-smelling coffee is here!”, and “We support director Shim Jae Hyun and ‘Zombie Detective!'”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFrOqfHA-_N/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

The production team commented, “Kim Soo Hyun and Shim Jae Hyun have been maintaining a great relationship as actor and director for many years. Shim Jae Hyun was very thankful for the coffee truck that Kim Soo Hyun sent him.”

Previously, Kim Soo Hyun worked with Shim Jae Hyun for the 2015 drama “Producer,” where Kim Soo Hyun played an absent-minded producing director in the variety department. The drama reached an impressive viewership rating of 17.7 percent at its peak.

The director’s ongoing drama “Zombie Detective” is a comedy about a zombie in his second year of resurrection who becomes a detective and desperately searches for the truth about his past. Choi Jin Hyuk stars as Kim Moo Young, the titular zombie detective who struggles to adapt to his new life and coexist with humans. Park Ju Hyun plays Gong Seon Ji, a writer of an investigative journalism program with unrivaled optimism, tenacity, and a sense of justice.

The drama airs Mondays and Tuesdays on KBS at 9:30 p.m. KST.

Check out “Zombie Detective” on Viki below!

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Love 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, booha said:

EP4

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111443819

**Very good product endorsement; antibacterial deodorant for smelling fabrics  like ‘Febreze’   It’s so strong and effective that even it can eliminate zombie’s dead body order. lol  :lol:

Reveal hidden contents

mx70qzD.gif

Pd1ZMDg.jpg

mehk76a.gif

cr to DC

@booha, thanks for sharing this. What’s most surprising for me in the drama is Choi Jin Hyuk's transformation. To complete the unique and comical zombie role we’ve never seen before, he made a mess of himself for the first time since his debut.  hahaha - He is a mutant zombie different from the traditional zombies we are familiar with. He walks just like humans, puts on BB cream, and sprays perfume. He often shows off his fashion sense with leather jackets and uses smartphones. It's a rare material, unique character story, and a complex genre that goes beyond a simple fantasy.  :grin:

• Awesome 2

** ZD got a good response on B-tv. It sounds like Korean viewers are watching ZD on 2 different platforms, KBS and B-tv.  In this circumstance it might be hard to get the right ratings since people who watch the drama through B-tv streamline would be excluded in a rating survey.  
Though the flow of the story line is a bit choppy here and there, I like this different approach to the very familiar zombie theme.  In ZD there are some people that are acting more like zombies than a real zombie does.  

((partial translation))  
“According to SK Broadband on 9/29,   ZD preleased EP1&2 as on-demand videos (VOD) on B tv two days earlier than the KBS main broadcast at 9:30 pm on the 19th.   As a result of analyzing the viewing status for two days from the 19th to the 20th, the B tv movie (OCEAN) showed a high response, surpassing new movies and overseas dramas, ranking 2nd in total viewing time.”

Chan and A.C.E. members made a special appearance in ZD.

https://www.fnnews.com/news/202009291349302529

KBS 드라마

Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor

120412876_4702262183124993_2788875870634

Spoiler

120478217_4702262176458327_3776793959300

120369668_4702262179791660_8901494213483

120357442_4702254943125717_6229473080520

Spoiler

120340587_4702254939792384_2492324273048

120349240_4702254936459051_7003507966671

120477170_4702254933125718_8821456028231

• Thanks 1

** from CJH official fancafe & CJH Taiwan fan club :blush:

崔振赫최진혁台灣後援會 Choi Jin Hyuk Taiwan Fan Club

real_jinhyuk  https://www.instagram.com/p/CFyePc8AMtR/...

'Thank you so much for the gift. The staff enjoyed dinner buffet & drinks too ^^'

120433131_2904782319753863_8845809955678

120489041_2904782293087199_8166798651727

120197609_2904782306420531_3189326715344

• Love 1

Watch: Choi Jin Hyuk And Park Ju Hyun Show Off Perfect Teamwork Behind The Scenes Of “Zombie Detective”

TV/Film  Oct 4, 2020   by S. P
Watch: Choi Jin Hyuk And Park Ju Hyun Show Off Perfect Teamwork Behind The Scenes Of “Zombie Detective”
KBS 2TV has revealed a behind-the-scenes look at the drama “Zombie Detective”!

“Zombie Detective” is a comedy about a zombie in his second year of resurrection who becomes a detective and desperately searches for the truth about his past. Choi Jin Hyuk stars as Kim Moo Young, the titular zombie detective who struggles to adapt to his new life and coexist with humans. Park Ju Hyun plays Gong Seon Ji, a writer of an investigative journalism program with unrivaled optimism, tenacity, and a sense of justice.

The making-of video begins with Choi Jin Hyuk discussing his lines in which he talks about foundation shades. Although the script suggests shade No. 21, Choi Jin Hyuk asks if he can change it to No. 23 because it’s the shade he usually uses. He then gets together with Park Ju Hyun to practice a scene in which he blocks her attempt to come into the room. Park Ju Hyun worries about her face, which she has to press against the door, but Choi Jin Hyuk reassures her that she looks cute. When he sees Park Ju Hyun rubbing her cheek after filming, he also comes to make sure that she’s okay. Park Ju Hyun checks to see if there are any imprints on her cheek before jokingly requesting that her face be blurred if there are any marks.

Spoiler

Choi-Jin-Hyuk-Park-Ju-Hyun-3.jpg

Park Ju Hyun continues to face difficulty in the next scene, where she must hang outside a window suspended by wires. Choi Jin Hyuk tries to lessen her nervousness by assuring her that people who usually use the wires use both hands and that she won’t fall. He follows up by saying with a laugh, “You’re way more safe here than you are on the ground.” Park Ju Hyun overcomes her fears to film the scene but has to retake it a few times due to her makeup smudging on the window.

Choi-Jin-Hyuk.jpg

The following clip features Hwang Bo Ra, who plays Gong Seon Ji’s sister Gong Seon Young, and Ahn Se Ha, who plays Gong Seon Young’s husband. They banter back and forth as they practice the ad-libs for their scene, enjoying the atmosphere on the set. Child actor Sung Min Joon also steals the show with his adorable smiles.

Next, Choi Jin Hyuk plays with a small dog on the set, crouching down to play with him and ask the staff about his age. The children he films the scene with also show great interest in the dog, holding and petting him before beginning filming.

Finally, Choi Jin Hyuk enjoys a bubble bath while wearing a cute fuzzy hairband. He smiles and laughs as he checks his performance afterwards. Wrapped in just a towel, Choi Jin Hyuk also shows off his well-built physique as he takes a sip of his drink before getting back to work.

Watch the full making-of video below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1429437wpp/watch-choi-jin-hyuk-and-park-ju-hyun-show-off-perfect-teamwork-behind-the-scenes-of-zombie-detective

• Love 1

12 hours ago, booha said:

@booha, thanks for sharing some captures from the drama. "Zombie Detective"  took a tiny bit of a dip, rating-wise as per last EP.  :anguished:

*******************************************************************************************************************************

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Sep. 28-Oct. 4, 2020

dramaratings_3.jpg

Monday, Sep. 28      
Zombie Detective 3 KBS 2.8%
Do You Like Brahms 9 SBS 5.5%
Eighteen Again 3 JTBC 2.7%
Record of Youth 7 tvN 7.7%
Tuesday, Sep. 29      
Zombie Detective 4 KBS 2.8%
Do You Like Brahms 10 SBS 5.5%
Eighteen Again 4 JTBC 2.5%
Record of Youth 8 tvN 7.7%

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/10/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-sep-28-oct-4-2020/

• Like 2

I'll (아일) - Be ok | Zombie Detective OST

(("The singer, I’ll (아일), is Frontman and Vocalist from sentimental band called “Hoppipolla” . He also composer in his band."))

(( lyric, google translation))

Spoiler

My old memories that the film broke
I revolve around the same place like a round earth

Even in front of a difficult reality
I don't kneel

way down we go
Go find me

I will never kneel again
I'm living my life today
I'll never hurt you again
Even if everyone leaves me

Woo woo woo woo woo woo
Woo woo woo
Even if there's no one, I'm Be Ok

Like the sunset sun, everything disappears
Run away, you're like a monster to me
If there is a place to go
I don't stop walking

way down we go
Go find me

I will never kneel again
I'm living my life today

Woo woo woo woo woo woo
Woo woo woo

Even the sun that once rises doesn't know how to set
Hanging in the sky

The rain and the swollen river don't shrink
It keeps overflowing

I will never kneel again
I'm living my life today

I will never kneel again
I'm living my life today

Woo woo woo woo woo woo
Woo woo woo

"Boar of Doom" :sweat_smile:

e0tM5K6.gif

Zombie catwalking :crazymad:

2nxv2Fo.gif

Spoiler

qBWQGSH.gif

cr to DC

another round utAQuIy.png

Spoiler

YOg8AZi.jpg

4I8dCut.jpg

oSV9EsN.jpg

Nl6HCrX.jpg

cr to DC

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

*** I love the character he's playing here. He comes out funny. :blush:

3 Ways Choi Jin Hyuk Is Stealing Viewers’ Hearts In “Zombie Detective”

e8ad047c8fd249249766bc08a8d99a34.jpeg?s=

Choi Jin Hyuk is capturing hearts with his portrayal of a lovely zombie in KBS 2TV’s “Zombie Detective”!

For the comedy drama, Choi Jin Hyuk completely immerses himself into his role as Kim Moo Young, a zombie that has secretly resurrected and struggles to adapt to his new life and coexist with humans. Here are ways that Choi Jin Hyuk is grabbing the attention of viewers through his unprecedented role as a likable zombie.

Spoiler

His serious dedication to quirky scenes

choi-jin-hyuk-4.jpg

Choi Jin Hyuk perfectly portrays the contrast between his character’s serious demeanor and sloppiness, setting the mood for the peculiar drama. The actor prepared his own freestyle rap to show how Kim Moo Young had succeeded in fixing his poor enunciation as a zombie, and in another scene, he danced comically alongside A.C.E. He made viewers laugh with a never-before-seen action scene in which he knocked down villains by throwing business cards at them. In episode 6, he dueled with a wild boar, but ultimately, his coat got stuck in the wild boar’s teeth, causing him to fall over the cliff and lose. He appears charismatic with his low voice and deep gaze, but when he sees his favorite food, raw tripe, he smiles from ear to ear.

A “flower zombie” who looks great in a suit

choi-jin-hyuk-3.jpg

Through intense training, Kim Moo Young went from having the creepy and horrifying appearance of a zombie to looking completely human. Fashionably wearing a bowler hat and a trench coat as well as a special type of BB cream for zombies, he displayed his model-like visuals. In episode 5, when he suited up and walked the streets, everyone walking by stared at him to appreciate his beauty. He had gained confidence to go along with his visuals, as he said to himself, “Is this what it means to coexist? That’s right, what’s wrong with being a zombie?”

choi-jin-hyuk-2.jpg

The chemistry between a zombie and a human

park-ju-hyun-choi-jin-hyuk.jpg

Choi Jin Hyuk is showing refreshing and fun chemistry with Park Ju Hyun, who plays Gong Seon Ji. Though he was daunted by her boldness and avoided her in the beginning, they turned out to have amazing teamwork and became partners for an investigation. Off camera, Choi Jin Hyuk led the atmosphere on set as a senior actor and shared advice with his junior.

Choi Jin Hyuk continues to show the various human qualities of the zombie Kim Moo Young as the show moves forward, raising anticipation for the upcoming episodes.

“Zombie Detective” airs every Monday and Tuesday at 9:30 p.m. KST via KBS 2TV.

Watch the drama below:

Watch Now

Source (1) soompi news

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Choi Jin Hyuk Erupts In Rage After A Tense Confrontation In “Zombie Detective”

f069a5e5de054de1959f46b819e1ac52.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s “Zombie Detective” has released new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

“Zombie Detective” is a comedy about a zombie in his second year of resurrection who becomes a detective and desperately searches for the truth about his past. Choi Jin Hyuk stars as Kim Moo Young, the titular zombie detective who struggles to adapt to his new life and coexist with humans. Park Ju Hyun plays Gong Seon Ji, a writer of an investigative journalism program with unrivaled optimism, tenacity, and a sense of justice.

Spoilers

Spoiler

Previously, Kim Moo Young began to utilize the possessions he had on him when he was reincarnated in order to find out more about his past. Thanks to a memory that flitted across his mind, he realized that he was a part of a kidnapping and murder case. At the end of the episode, the witness Oh Hyung Chul (Lee Ga Seop) held Kim Moo Young’s lighter in his hand as he ominously said, “You managed to stay alive,” suggesting that he could be connected to the unsolved murder case as well as Kim Moo Young’s death.

New stills preview a tense confrontation between Kim Moo Young and Oh Hyung Chul. Unable to hold back his anger, Kim Moo Young grabs Oh Hyung Chul by his collar as he stares him down. Another still shows the zombie leaning back to let out a scream into the pouring rain.

Choi-Jin-Hyuk-10.jpg

Choi-Jin-Hyuk-Lee-Ga-Seop-1.jpg

Choi-Jin-Hyuk-11.jpg

The new episode will see Kim Moo Young getting closer to the answers of his mysterious past through his conversation with Oh Hyung Chul. Viewers are wondering about his true identity as well as whether or not he will be able to figure out his past and become a human again.

The next episode of “Zombie Detective” airs on October 12 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

Catch up with the drama below:

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Shocked 1
  • Love 1

• Guest changed the title to Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁- Current Drama 'Zombie Detective, 좀비탐정' (Mon&Tue, @21:30 KST)

**This week’s EP7&8 are very good and well balanced.  It’s touching to see how MY reacts with SJ’s family during the birthday party.   MY is making progress in assimilating to a human world.  Then after some stumble he discovers his past identity which shows he’s a good person.   Now in the preview SJ says something about discovering how to suppress his craving for humans??

After watching EP7&8 I remember the movie Twilight where vampires live among humans.   Zombie MY wonders about returning to being human.  When I read articles which mentioned a  possible romance between MY&SJ,  since zombie MY lived in kdrama universe, I tried to think of the difference between zombie and human. Then I remembered this dialogue:
MY: ‘Heart doesn’t even beat. It has become cold.
SJ: It’s warm…
Maybe with help from the almighty power of kdrama love, SJ can ignite MY’s dead heart and he becomes human… something like that…
But now I think maybe it’s about their relationship which could be a romance at the end ,or maybe something different because MY can’t change being undead. 

vkLYYPx.gif

uMQd2Og.gif

LWyAW9R.gif

Spoiler

tDQTu07.jpg

cr to DC

• Love 1