Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

4 focal points: ocn_original  https://www.instagram.com/p/B98_fr2AfuR/

Ap7Rqvk.jpg

cr to DC

A normal hero story shows one with amazing power defeating evil with fantastic actions,  but <Lugal> is a story about ordinary human beings growing into a hero through the pain of loss.

# 1 The birth of a Korean hero that has never been seen before

Spoiler

EsWaM81.jpg

To film a new, large-scale action scene, we went through a lot of pre-conti work and numerous meetings.
More work than ever has been invested in filming
I think we are taking on a really meaningful challenge
# 2 Thrilling action catharsis

Spoiler

kkYOh58.jpg

The wishes of the production team and the writer have materialized with the joining of two actors, Choi Jin-hyuk and Park Sung-woong, in Rugal.   It’s impossible to imagine Kang Ki Bum and Hwang Deuk Gu without these two actors.
# 3 Incredible actors’ synergy  

Spoiler

wl8P81M.jpg

If it doesn’t appear believable, the story will collapse, so I paid attention to many parts such as sets, props, CG costumes, and special makeup.
# 4 Intense CG and visual detail

Spoiler

WeySgw5.jpg

ocn_original

※ Reverse ※ Choi Jin-hyuk X Park Seong-woong's shock Past ?!
It was the 1980s ... ★
Choi Jin-hyuk, who showed off passion-explosion
Park Seong-woong, who did investigation not through scientific facts but own rough instincts

>>> Handing over is essential! >>>
-
Two detectives in the 80s who are full of humanity
If you are curious about the perfect transformation ?!

((** Park Sung-woong ‘Life on Mars’  & Choi Jin-hyuk ‘Tunnel’))

YT full version

Spoiler

YT full version

Spoiler

Choi Jin Hyuk + “Rugal” Cast Get Playful In New Behind-The-Scenes Photos

Drama Preview  Mar 21, 2020 by E. Cha
cjNxAdu.jpg

OCN’s upcoming drama “Rugal” has shared a new behind-the-scenes glimpse of its cast on set!
Spoiler

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Rugal” is a sci-fi action thriller starring Choi Jin Hyuk as Kang Ki Bum, an elite detective who attempts to bring down a nationwide terrorist organization named Argos. In the process, he ends up being targeted by the powerful criminals behind Argos—led by the evil villain Hwang Deuk Goo (played by Park Sung Woong)—and not only does he lose his beloved wife and both of his eyes, but he is also framed for murder.

After joining an organization named Rugal, which has gathered a team of “human weapons” with special powers created through biotechnology, Kang Ki Bum receives a set of artificial eyes and sets out on a quest to wipe out Argos once and for all.

According to the drama’s production crew, the fierce and charismatic cast go from lethal to friendly and playful the moment that the cameras stop rolling. The producers of “Rugal” remarked, “The atmosphere on set is always cheerful, harmonious, and loving.”

Praising the actors for their strong chemistry and teamwork, they went on, “The strength of the ‘Rugal’ cast, who are able to perfectly pull off their powerful characters, can be found in the fact that they always enjoy filming. From the very first episode, you’ll be able to sense their deep chemistry and flawless teamwork.”

Check out the new behind-the-scenes photos of the cast between takes below!

TrDg18a.jpg

“Rugal” will premiere on March 28 at 10:50 p.m. KST. In the meantime, you can watch the latest teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1389612wpp/rugal-cast-gets-playful-in-new-behind-the-scenes-photos

**According to the article Rugal PC  took  place online.  Must be from COVID-19 effect.   So we have to expect there will be Rugal-2, if the ratings are good. :glasses:

Choi Jin Hyuk, Park Sung Woong, And More Talk About What “Rugal” Means, Working Out For Action Scenes, And Ratings Promise

Soompi  Mar 23, 2020   by C. Hong
zu0l8Zs.jpg

On March 23, OCN’s new Saturday-Sunday drama “Rugal” held an online press conference with director Kang Chul Woo and actors Choi Jin Hyuk, Park Sung Woong, Jo Dong Hyuk, Jung Hye In, Han Ji Wan, and Park Sun Ho.

“Rugal” is a sci-fi action thriller about a special organization named Rugal that uses biotechnological enhancements to fight against a major terrorist organization named Argos. Choi Jin Hyuk stars as Kang Ki Bum, a police detective who loses his wife and both his eyes to Argos and receives bionic eyes from Rugal in order to pursue his revenge. Park Sung Woong co-stars as Hwang Deuk Goo, the greatest villain in Argos.

When asked about the meaning of “Rugal,” director Kang Chul Woo said, “It comes from the Chinese characters for ‘tears’ and ‘dry.’ The main character, played by Choi Jin Hyuk, loses both his eyes and receives new bionic eyes. ‘Rugal’ represents how his emotions dry up and he becomes a monster in order to pursue his revenge.”

The drama is based on a webtoon and the director said, “We stuck to the two major themes of the story: one man’s revenge and the use of bionic eyes. Because the genre is sci-fi, we worked hard to tell a story that felt real and not fake. To be honest, this is a new genre for Korean dramas. The cinematography, sound effects, and CGI will be different from what you’ve seen before.

Spoiler

mNcgQe6.jpg

Choi Jin Hyuk said, “I think many men will enjoy this drama because it has a lot of action scenes. The characters in the drama are reborn as human weapons through biotechnology after enduring emotional pain. It’s a black comedy that shows their growth and pain. I hope that many people can find something to like in it. You can also see it as a new challenge in a new genre.”

Park Sung Woong said, “I’ve come back to playing villains. I debated how to come off strong and play him differently from regular villains. I found that it’s fine as long as you’re not in your right mind. Normally I prepare about 70-80 percent and go with the flow when I’m on set, but I gave 120 percent every day on ‘Rugal.'”

Jung Hye In, who plays Rugal soldier Song Mi Na, said, “It would be a lie to say I didn’t feel any pressure about taking on the role. I was really nervous during the first shoot because I wanted to do well. The director and my seniors gave me a lot of advice on set. When I monitored my scenes, I could see my body was stiff and tight because of my nervousness. The seniors told me to abandon the need to do well and just immerse myself in the situation. That helped me a lot.”

Park Sun Ho said, “Because my character has an enhanced body, I think of the body I created through exercise as my tool.” Park Sung Woong added, “The male actors take off their clothes a lot, so we exercised a lot. I didn’t drink for 60 days and went to the gym and boxed. Choi Jin Hyuk and Jo Dong Hyuk also exercised a lot.” He added jokingly, “Park Sun Ho is the slimmest, but he says his body is his tool.”

Park Sun Ho said, “Because this is a new genre for Korean dramas, I would like it if we got the highest ratings for an OCN drama.” Choi Jin Hyuk said, “I think ratings are a matter of luck. Since this drama stars actors from ‘Life on Mars,’ ‘Tunnel,’ and ‘Bad Guys,’ I think it would be nice if we could get around nine percent. If we hit nine percent, I’m thinking we can do a second season.”

Spoiler

N0eJ5yD.jpg

“Rugal” premieres on March 28 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1389957wpp/choi-jin-hyuk-park-sung-woong-rugal-action-scenes-ratings-promise

[OCN Sa/S Original] 'ugal' Production Presentation Live

Lee Min Jung And Lee Sang Yeob’s “Once Again” + Choi Jin Hyuk’s “Rugal” Both Premiere To Higher Ratings Than Predecessors

V/Film   Mar 28, 2020  by E. Cha
QIhxWhz.jpg

((Rugal part))
Meanwhile, Choi Jin Hyuk’s new sci-fi thriller “Rugal,” which also premiered last night, scored an average nationwide rating of 2.6 percent for its first episode. Although “Rugal” wasn’t able to live up to the 4.4 percent rating achieved by the finale of “Tell Me What You Saw” (which previously occupied its time slot), it did beat the average rating of 2.0 percent achieved by its predecessor’s premiere.

Choi Jin Hyuk, Jo Dong Hyuk, Jung Hye In, and Park Sun Ho Team Up For Their 1st Mission In “Rugal”

Drama Preview   Mar 29, 2020   by J. Lim
pktQuVe.jpg
OCN’s new weekend drama “Rugal” has shared new stills of Choi Jin Hyuk, Jo Dong Hyuk, Jung Hye In, and Park Sun Ho working on their first mission together.

“Rugal” premiered on March 28 and captivated viewers with a fast-paced storyline. Detective Kang Ki Beom (Choi Jin Hyuk) was on the brink of death but was reborn as a hero when he was gifted bionic eyes and he was tasked to go up against Hwang Deuk Goo (Park Sung Woong). The first episode set up the conflict between special organization Rugal, which turns humans into weapons using biotechnology, and the terror organization Argos.

Spoiler

Ahead of the second episode, the drama has shared stills of the team of heroes at Rugal who are to go up against Argos. As they are part of a secret organization, the team must carry out all of their missions with stealth and secrecy. Director Choi Geun Chul (Kim Min Sang) gives the team orders, and Han Tae Woong (Jo Dong Hyuk), Song Mi Na (Jung Hye In), and Lee Kwang Chul (Park Sun Ho) work with Kang Ki Beom (Choi Jin Hyuk) as their leader.

The team will be infiltrating the wedding ceremony of Argos leader Go Yong Deok (Park Jung Hak) and Choi Ye Won (Han Ji Wan) to create discord in the Argos organization. The four team members will each have their own tasks and they will work together to try and bring their enemies down.

Chief producer (CP) Song Jin Sun stated, “The upcoming episode will follow the action-packed first mission of the Rugal team. We believe the story of heroes who have immense power but must learn to control their abilities as they work to build great teamwork will be interesting and draw viewers in.”

How things turn out for the first mission of the Rugal team will be revealed in the second episode of “Rugal,” which will air at 10:50 p.m. KST on March 29.

Choi-Jin-Hyuk1.jpeg

Spoiler

Jo-Dong-Hyuk-Jung-Hye-In.jpeg

Kim-Min-Sang.jpeg

Jo-Dong-Hyuk-Park-Sun-Ho.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1391180wpp/choi-jin-hyuk-jo-dong-hyuk-jung-hye-in-and-park-sun-ho-team-up-for-their-1st-mission-in-rugal

**We have news about CJH’s next project.  It says “Choi Jin-hyuk and Lee Seung-gi  are in talks to star in tvN’s new drama ‘Mouse.’ ”   G-Tree Creative said “ 'Mouse' is one of the productions he was offered. Nothing has been decided yet.”
Well this new drama sounds like another something about a detective story line.  Wish he would look for something heartwarming and fluffy. :P

Lee Seung Gi and Choi Jin Hyuk In Talks For New Drama About Psychopaths

TV/Film  Apr 2, 2020   by L. Kim

Lee Seung Gi and Choi Jin Hyuk may be starring in a new drama together!

On April 2, several news outlets reported that Lee Seung Gi and Choi Jin Hyuk will be starring in a tvN drama titled “Mouse” (literal title).

“Mouse” is a new drama about psychopaths by Choi Ran, who wrote “Black” and “God’s Gift – 14 Days.” It’s a suspenseful story that will center around the key question, “What if we could sort out psychopaths in advance?”

Lee Seung Gi will play the role of a rookie detective named Jeong Ba Reum, whose life has changed due to a coincidental accident. Details about Choi Jin Hyuk’s role have not been revealed yet.

In response to the reports, tvN shared, “Choi Jin Hyuk and Lee Seung Gi are in talks to star in tvN’s new drama ‘Mouse.’ The drama is in discussion to premiere in the second half of the year.”

Furthermore, Choi Jin Hyuk’s agency G-Tree Creative said, “‘Mouse’ is one of the productions he was offered. Nothing has been decided yet.”

Currently, Choi Jin Hyuk is starring in OCN’s drama “Rugal,” and Lee Seung Gi is appearing in SBS’s variety show “Master in the House.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1391918wpp/lee-seung-gi-and-choi-jin-hyuk-in-talks-for-new-drama-about-psychopaths

Superhero Choi Jin Hyuk Faces Off Against Ultimate Villain Park Sung Woong In “Rugal”

Drama Preview   Apr 3, 2020   by E. Cha
Superhero Choi Jin Hyuk Faces Off Against Ultimate Villain Park Sung Woong In “Rugal”

OCN’s “Rugal” has unveiled a sneak peek of a thrilling confrontation from its upcoming episode!

Spoiler

On the latest episode of “Rugal,” a suicide bomber who was seemingly sent by Hwang Deuk Goo (Park Sung Woong) delivered a mysterious message before blowing himself up right before Kang Ki Bum (Choi Jin Hyuk)’s eyes. In the drama’s upcoming third episode, Rugal will use the clues left behind by the mysterious terrorist as they embark on an exciting hunt to track down Argos and Hwang Deuk Goo. Meanwhile, as Kang Ki Bum remains hot on Hwang Deuk Goo’s trail, internal conflicts will arise within Argos as its members begin fighting for power.

Spoiler

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Kang Ki Bum—who now has superpowers after being resurrected using Rugal’s biotechnology—points a gun at Hwang Deuk Goo after they happen to cross paths.

The tension is palpable as the vengeful Kang Ki Bum glares fiercely at his nemesis, and even the normally imperturbable Hwang Deuk Goo appears slightly shaken, wearing a frown as he stares back at the newly created superhero.

The producers of “Rugal” commented, “The confrontation between Kang Ki Bum and Hwang Deuk Goo is a crucial event that signifies the true beginning of the conflict between Rugal and Argos.”

“There will continue to be unpredictable twists as the plot unfolds,” they continued. “Above all else, please look forward to the ‘charisma battle’ between Choi Jin Hyuk and Park Sung Woong.”

Spoiler

back at the newly created superhero.

Choi-Jin-Hyuk-Park-Sung-Woong.jpgPark-Sung-Woong-Choi-Jin-Hyuk.jpg

The next episode of “Rugal” will air on April 4 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1392282wpp/superhero-choi-jin-hyuk-faces-off-against-ultimate-villain-park-sung-woong-in-rugal

*** I finished watching his drama, "Justice" - The first 2-EPs were eye-catching, it made the right kind of impression & left me wanting for more. I' m so glad that CJH picked-up this drama. It's an amazing drama that made my mind blown. I love the message it conveys that each of us believes that Justice should be served to all of us equally & fairly no matter what your status in life is, it's still something that everyone deserved to have. The cast are really doing a wonderful job in delivering an effective & efficient way of acting. The story of "Justice" may sound cliche' but from my personal point of view, I think the attack of the series is full of intense & surprises.  :P

• Insightful 1

On 3 April 2020 at 10:14 AM, booha said:

**We have news about CJH’s next project.  It says “Choi Jin-hyuk and Lee Seung-gi  are in talks to star in tvN’s new drama ‘Mouse.’ ”   G-Tree Creative said “ 'Mouse' is one of the productions he was offered. Nothing has been decided yet.”
Well this new drama sounds like another something about a detective story line.  Wish he would look for something heartwarming and fluffy. :P

TV/Film  Apr 2, 2020   by L. Kim

Lee Seung Gi and Choi Jin Hyuk may be starring in a new drama together!

On April 2, several news outlets reported that Lee Seung Gi and Choi Jin Hyuk will be starring in a tvN drama titled “Mouse” (literal title).

“Mouse” is a new drama about psychopaths by Choi Ran, who wrote “Black” and “God’s Gift – 14 Days.” It’s a suspenseful story that will center around the key question, “What if we could sort out psychopaths in advance?”

Lee Seung Gi will play the role of a rookie detective named Jeong Ba Reum, whose life has changed due to a coincidental accident. Details about Choi Jin Hyuk’s role have not been revealed yet.

In response to the reports, tvN shared, “Choi Jin Hyuk and Lee Seung Gi are in talks to star in tvN’s new drama ‘Mouse.’ The drama is in discussion to premiere in the second half of the year.”

Furthermore, Choi Jin Hyuk’s agency G-Tree Creative said, “‘Mouse’ is one of the productions he was offered. Nothing has been decided yet.”

Currently, Choi Jin Hyuk is starring in OCN’s drama “Rugal,” and Lee Seung Gi is appearing in SBS’s variety show “Master in the House.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1391918wpp/lee-seung-gi-and-choi-jin-hyuk-in-talks-for-new-drama-about-psychopaths

HI booha, thanks for sharing this good news. OMG- CJH is so in-demand nowadays, offers are coming on his way left & right. And I feel happy for him. Wait & see if he's taking this. They had worked together before in "Gu Family Book". 2nd half of the year? I heard that it aims for a release later this year, though. I'm curious of what role he's playing in case he decides to take this.  :P

• Like 1

@willenette

Oh yes  CJH and  Lee Seung Gi played as dad and son in GFB. :)   This new drama is about crime and police. It’s slated for second half.  Their characters are supposed to be two policemen working together. 

from CJH's friend

• Love 2