Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

7 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

And I also don't think the drama did a good job at redeeming LH properly. But that is another discussion. So, I don't see why some people say after the end of the drama that TLE was Sunny-Hyuk centric since the begining when the drama laid out everything to give us Sunny-Woobin but backed out on that at the last few episodes. Even if Sunny-Woobin was not given a proper ending, they'd still be a beautiful memory in my mind. They're relationship grew so strongly that I can't help but hold on to all their precious moments disregarding the last two episodes.

Omo, completely agree!!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

I beg to differ with you. 

Sunny Was looking for Na Wang Shik because he saved her life when she first entered the palace. She had that locket of NWS and thought of searching for him and that had no realation with Lee Hyuk. Yes, Lee Hyuk was major reason why these two entangled with each other but that didn't stop them from bonding with each other and I don't see why that'd be a obstacle.

Even though The Last Empress deprived us of a solid ending between Sunny-Woobin, it can't remove what already showed to us. Sunny-Woobin depended on each other and bonded emotionally. They're rarely vocal about it but we saw them vowing in their mind to protect each other. Infact, they never needed to be vocal about each other because they went through a lot simultenously or side by side. So they understood each other even without saying it.

After Sunny felt the betrayal of LH she never were in the same page with Lh. While LH started noticing Sunny, Sunny was done being a fangirl. Sunny almost cringed at every move LH made on her after she was emotionally detached with him.

There's no definite ending but we've seen plenty of time how Sunny was genuinely concerned and worried of Woobin over all well being. But when she noticed or showed concern for LH it was always because she wanted him to depend on her or to try to reaveal truth. And that never really changed till the end of the drama except in the last few minuits of the drama which was haphazardly done for the convenience of showing a Sunny-Hyuk centered ending.

And I also don't think the drama did a good job at redeeming LH properly. But that is another discussion. So, I don't see why some people say after the end of the drama that TLE was Sunny-Hyuk centric since the begining when the drama laid out everything to give us Sunny-Woobin but backed out on that at the last few episodes. Even if Sunny-Woobin was not given a proper ending, they'd still be a beautiful memory in my mind. They're relationship grew so strongly that I can't help but hold on to all their precious moments disregarding the last two episodes.

Oh..i forgot the part that she had the locket in the beginning. What happened to the locket? Did she return it to NWS? Earlier on it was kinda hard for me to associate CJH as NWS because they are so different, i somehow treated them like 2 different characters :sweatingbullets:.

"they'd still be a beautiful memory in my mind"

Yes! Remember the beautiful parts~ forget the bad. Less stress that way. Hehehe

More under spoiler tab. Slightly off topic and TLE centric

Spoiler

I'm one of the few that was not swept by the male lead conundrum, mainly because I was not aware of the whole drama description before diving into the craziness of TLE. Hence, it was easier for me as a viewer to accept things as is. Too swoon at swoony moments, laugh at silliness and feel sad for the sad parts.

With that said, i do understand the displeasure viewers have for TLEs ending and how CWB was treated as a character, especially for CJH fans. It was obvious that CWBs appearance became lesser and lesser as the drama progressed, since I think the drama is centered around the royal family, I didn't think much about his screen time. Of course, other viewers may think differently from me. But thats ok, it is up to each viewer interpretation.

In all honesty, i did not feel anything more other than comradery between Sunny and NWS. He helped Sunny a lot, they had their own moments of understanding silently. Their moments were sweet, but I still feel they were just 2 people with somewhat the same mission and also shared a somewhat similar very bad experience. And after all that LH did, she does despise him. Plus LH is just cray from ep 1, eventhough I like seeing him on my screen (great entertainment tbh), he is too cray to end up with anyone. So i came to a conclusion from early eps that Sunny is better off alone far far away from this whole mess.

Anyways, i don't think LH was redeemed. He died, but he wasn't redeemed. If he was redeemed he would have lived and repent, feel remorse and devote his whole life to new found goodness. Some viewers did speculate he would die because there is in no way he could stop himself from being himself, he was too explosive and unstable and it looks like even he knows it and decided to end it all. Not that I condone suicide, not even a bit. He was on a lone suicide mission, much like NWS was in the earlier parts of TLE. I'm a believer that communication can help improve situations and even solve problems. Hua3

Thanks to TLE i found out CJH. I did watch Tunnel before, but I don't recall going to an extent to google him up and stuff. TLE introduced me to him. And now, maybe I'll watch his upcoming dramas, if its more like Tunnel. Heh. I'm not much a romcom fan. So Devilish Joy, Emergency Couple and FTLY are not on my watch list as of yet. :lol:

• Like 2

@flutterby06

Yes CJH had FM in Japan but it was in Osaka.  5/18-FM is for Tokyo.  

When I read  that CJH had an interview with KNTV in Japan to promote TLE,  I had to wonder about CJH and TLE??  Maybe they patched up their difference??  :unsure::)

CJH on the way to HK

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, booha said:

@flutterby06

Yes CJH had FM in Japan but it was in Osaka.  5/18-FM is for Tokyo.  

When I read  that CJH had an interview with KNTV in Japan to promote TLE,  I had to wonder about CJH and TLE??  Maybe they patched up their difference??  :unsure::)

CJH on the way to HK

Hi booha, thanks for sharing the airport picture. I wonder - was there any differences between them aside from CJH's schedule, which was in conflict that's why he wasn't able to join the drama extension..... :o

• Like 2

4 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Anyways, i don't think LH was redeemed. He died, but he wasn't redeemed. If he was redeemed he would have lived and repent, feel remorse and devote his whole life to new found goodness. Some viewers did speculate he would die because there is in no way he could stop himself from being himself, he was too explosive and unstable and it looks like even he knows it and decided to end it all. Not that I condone suicide, not even a bit. He was on a lone suicide mission, much like NWS was in the earlier parts of TLE. I'm a believer that communication can help improve situations and even solve problems.

Yeah..I agree. He was not redeemed but they tried to bring out the sympathy for LH in the wrong way. I also remember you shared your disappointment on LH character's inconsistent behavior in the drama thread. If you ask me TLE ending is not very satisfactory regardless of what happened to NWS. None of the MCs got what they wanted. Not even Sunny got her apology that we viewers wanted to see since the start!

Anyways, TLE is just a drama that started with a bang but got sidetracked since midway. But it's a Makjang with the finest cast-the amazing casts truly saved this drama. From leads to supporting, everyone was so good at their performance that we looked forward to the episodes anyway.

4 hours ago, booha said:

CJH on the way to HK

It could be that (honestly I don't think so :P) or KNTV approached him directly for the promotion considering he's having two FM in Japan in such a short time which indicates his increasing popularity in Japan.

This is my personal opinion.. that after Taiwan FM CJH understood his fans do know NWS/CWB's importance in The Last Empress despite the dis-satisfactory ending. It's not a disappointment. Fans showed their appreciation and love for his TLE characters in many ways. So now he feels at peace.

Spoiler

I saw a video on where he was teary eyed and said 'I thought fans would be disappointed with me after what happened with my character in The Last Empress. But after meeting with you all I'm relived."

But I can't find the video now!

I read Ha Ji Won will be there too in that HK Gala. It'll be good to see them together.

Yesterday I was watching Happy Together episode with weekend drama "My Only One" cast.. They suddenly played a background music from CJH's drama Pride and Prejudice. I recently rewatched PP. So I was like " I know this music..let me think..um..um..Pride & Prejudice." I love it when I can recognize background musics from dramas. :lol: 

Hey @katakwasabi, try 'Pride and Prejudice'. It's a legal drama with Prosecution on focus. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flutterby06 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I saw a video on where he was teary eyed and said 'I thought fans would be disappointed with me after what happened with my character in The Last Empress. But after meeting with you all I'm relived."

But I can't find the video now!

I read Ha Ji Won will be there too in that HK Gala. It'll be good to see them together.

Hi flutterby,  I wonder what this HK Gala is - Because there was also a HK Fair last week where sales of Korean dramas and films rose around 15% at a major international content fair in this event. Among the most sold K-dramas there were "Touch Your Heart" by tvN and "The Last Empress" by SBS.

:P
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi flutterby,  I wonder what this HK Gala is - Because there was also a HK Fair last week where sales of Korean dramas and films rose around 15% at a major international content fair in this event. Among the most sold K-dramas there were "Touch Your Heart" by tvN and "The Last Empress" by SBS.

:P

When the news of CJH attending the gala with Ha Ji Won first came, I read that the AMFAR HK gala is related to fund raising for AIDS research. So I googled AMFAR and found it stands for "A Milestone for AIDS Research."

For the fifth year, amfAR returns to Hong Kong on Monday, March 25, for the annual amfAR Gala Hong Kong. The black-tie event will include a cocktail reception, dinner, live auction, and entertainment.

The 2019 gala will honor renowned entrepreneur and change-maker, dedicated to community development, Adrian Cheng. Previous honorees include American artist KAWS, actress and amfAR Ambassador Michelle Yeoh, fashion designer and UNAIDS Ambassador Victoria Beckham, and leading Hong Kong businesswoman and philanthropist Pansy Ho. Charlize Theron, Gwyneth Paltrow, Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell, and Michelle Rodriguez are among the  luminaries who have served as Event Chairs since the gala’s inception in 2015. Since then, amfAR Gala Hong Kong has raised more than US$14 million in support of the Foundation’s lifesaving work.

amfAR Gala Hong Kong 2019 promises to once again draw an exciting and diverse range of distinguished guests, including international celebrities and famous names from the worlds of art, entertainment, fashion, business, and philanthropy.

Fore more read: https://www.amfar.org/hongkong2019/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

When the news of CJH attending the gala with Ha Ji Won first came, I read that the AMFAR HK gala is related to fund raising for AIDS research. So I googled AMFAR and found it stands for "A Milestone for AIDS Research."

For the fifth year, amfAR returns to Hong Kong on Monday, March 25, for the annual amfAR Gala Hong Kong. The black-tie event will include a cocktail reception, dinner, live auction, and entertainment.

The 2019 gala will honor renowned entrepreneur and change-maker, dedicated to community development, Adrian Cheng. Previous honorees include American artist KAWS, actress and amfAR Ambassador Michelle Yeoh, fashion designer and UNAIDS Ambassador Victoria Beckham, and leading Hong Kong businesswoman and philanthropist Pansy Ho. Charlize Theron, Gwyneth Paltrow, Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell, and Michelle Rodriguez are among the  luminaries who have served as Event Chairs since the gala’s inception in 2015. Since then, amfAR Gala Hong Kong has raised more than US$14 million in support of the Foundation’s lifesaving work.

amfAR Gala Hong Kong 2019 promises to once again draw an exciting and diverse range of distinguished guests, including international celebrities and famous names from the worlds of art, entertainment, fashion, business, and philanthropy.

Fore more read: https://www.amfar.org/hongkong2019/

flutterby, thanks for the reply & the link about the event today in HK. :P

• Like 1

5 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Yeah..I agree. He was not redeemed but they tried to bring out the sympathy for LH in the wrong way. I also remember you shared your disappointment on LH character's inconsistent behavior in the drama thread. If you ask me TLE ending is not very satisfactory regardless of what happened to NWS. None of the MCs got what they wanted. Not even Sunny got her apology that we viewers wanted to see since the start!

Anyways, TLE is just a drama that started with a bang but got sidetracked since midway. But it's a Makjang with the finest cast-the amazing casts truly saved this drama. From leads to supporting, everyone was so good at their performance that we looked forward to the episodes anyway.

Hey @katakwasabi, try Pride and Prejudice. It's a legal drama with Prosecution on focus. 

Lol! I did rant quite a lot about the inconsistencies with LH as a character. He was constantly swinging. Till this day I have no idea why his craziness in ep 45-48 was needed, i suppose it was to put emphasis that he was cray and will forever be cray :sweatingbullets:. I opt to skip those eps and imagine parts of it does not exist.

Unfortunately CWB never got an apology from anyone, even Yura. But I do think Sunny got her apology from LH during his last moments with her. Although it might be too late, but LH did apologize. Even nanny did. Yura also somewhat did. Can't expect evil mum to apologize, she is deranged. Hahaha

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll look into Pride&Prejudice details and see if it fits my taste. Currently I'm on a SSR drama watching spree. I also started watching Doctor Prisoner. Hehe. 

Kinda intrested in Justice though. I hope CJH accepts it. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Unfortunately CWB never got an apology from anyone, even Yura. But I do think Sunny got her apology from LH during his last moments with her. Although it might be too late, but LH did apologize. Even nanny did. Yura also somewhat did. Can't expect evil mum to apologize, she is deranged. Hahaha

Going on a suicide mission and the apologizing..that's somewhat apology for me too. <_< We as viewers deserved better after how we rooted for Suuny's (also Woobin's ) mission against the royals the whole time.

55 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Till this day I have no idea why his craziness in ep 45-48 was needed, i suppose it was to put emphasis that he was cray and will forever be cray :sweatingbullets:. I opt to skip those eps and imagine parts of it does not exist.

I still don't understand why the writer had to go through that extent when she'd give us an ending such as this. It was really unnecessary (specially the force kiss, choking sunny exactly like how he choked So Hyun, Attacking Woobin ), imo. LH was messed up enough. There's a long list of crimes that makes LH really bad. But they had to make him inconsistently extra bad(!). :rolleyes:

Yeah..It'd be nice if CJH confirms KBS Justice. Hope we'll get a news soon.

Spoiler

Yesterday I started Touch Your heart. It's been long since I've watched a medical drama. I'll most probably watch Doctor Prisoner  after 6/8 episodes. I'm eager to watch Vagabond, One and Only Love. Because of PMY I'm interested in Her Private Life but not sure if I'd watch it ongoing. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Going on a suicide mission and the apologizing..that's somewhat apology for me too. <_< We as viewers deserved better after how we rooted for Suuny's (also Woobin's ) mission against the royals the whole time.

I still don't understand why the writer had to go through that extent when she'd give us an ending such as this. It was really unnecessary (specially the force kiss, choking sunny exactly like how he choked So Hyun, Attacking Woobin ), imo. LH was messed up enough. There's a long list of crimes that makes LH really bad. But they had to make him inconsistently extra bad(!). :rolleyes:

Yeah..It'd be nice if CJH confirms KBS Justice. Hope we'll get a news soon.

Reveal hidden contents

Yesterday I started Touch Your heart. It's been long since I've watched a medical drama. I'll most probably watch Doctor Prisoner  after 6/8 episodes. I'm eager to watch Vagabond, One and Only Love. Because of PMY I'm interested in Her Private Life but not sure if I'd watch it ongoing. 

Spoiler

Lol. To think of it...if Sunny was not there, he would have died alone and not apologize directly to her. But maybe he did write his apologies in his will/letter that was never shown in the final ep. Why it was not shown is also a question :rolleyes:

LH was bad as is, he had many unredeemable acts, to make him even more aggresive was just unnecessary and filler. Seriously filler. Did he have to rummage through Sunny's room? Nope. She had copies of everything. I assume they had a blast acting the crays though, so all is good.

CJH should be given more cray moments for fun. LH-CWB brotherhood was fun while it lasted, it could have been longer. If only LH did not hit CWB's mum and then tried to kill him to cover it up, they could be friends or swimming buddies~ Hahahaha

I won't mind at all if CJH-JN-SSR reunite in a special drama as friends without any killings. For fan service. Lol

Justice is expected to air in July. Maybe we will hear casting confirmations soon :).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

I won't mind at all if CJH-JN-SSR reunite in a special drama as friends without any killings. For fan service. Lol

All three in the same drama!! That'd be a miracle.. But how about cameo in their dramas?

Choi Jin Hyuk arrived in Hong Kong..Line of fans following him the whole time.

In the gala red carpet.

D2gglKpVYAACE-P.jpg

D2ghfQZUkAAWoQn.jpg

In this pic he totally looks like Cheif guard Chun Woo Bin to me.. a bit healthier one..well fed now that he doesn't need to follow strict diet..:D

D2ghgm7UkAAyEAE.jpg

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

All three in the same drama!! That'd be a miracle.. But how about cameo in their dramas?

A cameo would be fine too. Hehe. Anyways, i stumbled upon this..as if YT knew I was rambling about LH-CWB friendship. The editing makes me laugh, its a mishmash of various scenes :lol:

CJH is looking good at the gala event! He suits darker hair :). I didn't know he had to follow a strict diet for CWB. Huhuhu. But why did he have to diet? I mean, he seems to already have a nice build, and the swimming scene was like a few minutes only. Other than that he was usually fully clothed, in  layers to boot :sweatingbullets:.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Ha ha..SBS Drama Awards used to have a segment for mash up male couple. Here Navar did a good job.

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

CJH is looking good at the gala event! He suits darker hair :). I didn't know he had to follow a strict diet for CWB. Huhuhu. But why did he have to diet? I mean, he seems to already have a nice build, and the swimming scene was like a few minutes only. Other than that he was usually fully clothed, in  layers to boot 

For diet I indicated Chun Woo Bin rather than Choi Jin Hyuk. Remember, CWB used to check his food intake because he gains weight easily. He refued to eat when Cheif Byun gave him permission to eat a bowl of rice, he refused to eat when Sunny asked him too but Sunny was adament on feeding him so he ended up eating.

But this applies to Choi Jin Hyuk too.. He said in interview (from 1:40) during TLE that he's type to gain weight with normal diet. When he eats his cheeks and belly gains fat. So he has to work hard to be fit. He said that people usually thinks he has a broad shoulder, nice body but he had to work very hard regularly for building this body.

It's true that CJH looked very handsome in TLE but he became skinnier for TLE. He came with a very handsome look for Devilish Joy too. But When I compare his appearence in both CJH is skinnier in TLE. It could be a reason to show that NWS following strict diet. But it could be because he seldom wore casual cloths in TLH. He wore formal wear suits with long coats and uniforms in TLE most of the time. A bit thin body helps when wearing layers of cloth in front of camera.

Choi-Jin-Hyuk.jpg
Gong Ma Sang vs. Chun woo Bin

5c668ebdb79bf-choi-jin-hyuk_665_374.jpg

I remember Joo Won became very thin when he was filming My Sassy Girl, his historical drama. I was wondering why he was starving himself. But he later said it in interview that he went for diet so that all those layered hanbok won't make him look fat. And He actually looked normal on screen but skinny off screen. So I guess that what happened with Chun Woo Bin's appearence too.

This is how more or less CJH looked off screen while filming The last Empress. He here seems thinner than on screen look, doesn't he ?

This pic is here because ....such an artsy picture. :wub:

Dv0gtpaVAAAv4tv.jpg

• Love 2

zMcZkSC.gif

Choi Jin Hyuk And Son Hyun Joo Confirmed For Upcoming Revenge Drama

Mar 25, 2019

5fkgXQS.jpg

Choi Jin Hyuk will be uniting with Son Hyun Joo for KBS’s upcoming drama “Justice” (tentative title).

“Justice” will tell the story of a lawyer named Lee Tae Kyung, who makes a deal with the devil to seek revenge, and Song Woo Yong, a man who has willingly become evil for his family. The drama is also a social thriller that will narrate on the ambitions of these two men and unveil the truth behind Korea’s VVIPs.

Choi Jin Hyuk will take on the role of the lawyer Lee Tae Kyung. With sharp logic and clever words and behavior, he holds one of the highest win rates in the field. In order to get revenge for his family, he joins forces with the devil-like man Song Woo Yong.

With orders from Song Woo Yong, Lee Tae Kyung draws not guilty rulings, or at minimum, probation, for the upper class. He accumulates money and power in exchange. As a result, his ambitions to seek revenge for his younger sibling is now gone, and he starts to chase after bigger ambitions. However, he suddenly encounters unexpected danger while investigating a case of actresses going missing one by one.

Son Hyun Joo will play Song Woo Yong, the CEO of a middle-sized construction company. He was able to grow his company and become a wealthy man by manipulating Lee Tae Kyung from behind to take care of criminal activities of those in power. Deep inside him, he has determination to not get trampled on by others for his family and ambitions to rise higher no matter what it takes.

The production team of “Justice” said, “We are curious to find out what kind of synergy Choi Jin Hyuk and Son Hyun Joo will create. Please continue to show your interest until the first episode of ‘Justice,’ a drama that has constructed the best lineup of actors.”

Based on a web novel of the same name, “Justice” will be penned by writer Jung Chan Mi of “School 2017” and directed by Jo Woong of KBS’s drama special “Midsummer Night’s Dream.” The drama is set to premiere sometime in July.

Source (1)

Ee5D9iA.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Yay! He confirmed!!! The premise sounds like 'When The Devil Calls Your Name'. But I'm not sure if the devil in Justice is a 'devil' or a man who is so evil like a devil hahaha.

@flutterby06 i personally think the pic of Go Ma Sung in white is better than Chun Woo Bin. Maybe because he looks happier in the pic. Heh

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, booha said:

Choi Jin Hyuk And Son Hyun Joo Confirmed For Upcoming Revenge Drama

Mar 25, 2019

Choi Jin Hyuk will be uniting with Son Hyun Joo for KBS’s upcoming drama “Justice” (tentative title).

“Justice” will tell the story of a lawyer named Lee Tae Kyung, who makes a deal with the devil to seek revenge, and Song Woo Yong, a man who has willingly become evil for his family. The drama is also a social thriller that will narrate on the ambitions of these two men and unveil the truth behind Korea’s VVIPs.

Choi Jin Hyuk will take on the role of the lawyer Lee Tae Kyung. With sharp logic and clever words and behavior, he holds one of the highest win rates in the field. In order to get revenge for his family, he joins forces with the devil-like man Song Woo Yong.

With orders from Song Woo Yong, Lee Tae Kyung draws not guilty rulings, or at minimum, probation, for the upper class. He accumulates money and power in exchange. As a result, his ambitions to seek revenge for his younger sibling is now gone, and he starts to chase after bigger ambitions. However, he suddenly encounters unexpected danger while investigating a case of actresses going missing one by one.

Son Hyun Joo will play Song Woo Yong, the CEO of a middle-sized construction company. He was able to grow his company and become a wealthy man by manipulating Lee Tae Kyung from behind to take care of criminal activities of those in power. Deep inside him, he has determination to not get trampled on by others for his family and ambitions to rise higher no matter what it takes.

The production team of “Justice” said, “We are curious to find out what kind of synergy Choi Jin Hyuk and Son Hyun Joo will create. Please continue to show your interest until the first episode of ‘Justice,’ a drama that has constructed the best lineup of actors.”

Based on a web novel of the same name, “Justice” will be penned by writer Jung Chan Mi of “School 2017” and directed by Jo Woong of KBS’s drama special “Midsummer Night’s Dream.” The drama is set to premiere sometime in July.

Source (1)

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this good news. CJH just wrapped-up his last drama & now without any rest he's going to start a new one. But, I'm not complaining, though............ The plot sounds like it's gonna be good. :P

• Like 2

**Glad to see lively minds with a mature attitude   I have a very limited ability to express what is in my head so I always appreciate about such discussions by others.:) 
((my two cents))
It’s clear CJH’s acting is slowly and gradually maturing and it will continue.  CJH didn’t have a college degree, because he couldn’t afford it.   Even in the entertainment industry, people are snobbish toward people with no degree. Korea is well known for its fetish obsession with a formal title.  
Having no a formal training in acting meant CJH had to learn it with self-taught formulation. I’m sure it was a long unpredictable road.  He mentioned that, when he looked for the character to play, the character had to have some parts of his true self.   Maybe he feels the viewer has to come across the character as real in some way first.  In many of his characters, I could see how deep he dove into and searched about himself to play the given character.
There is something unique about his acting though it isn’t quite polished yet.  Maybe it has to do with something about his not having formal academic training. Perhaps he has begun to forge his own stamp as an actor.   

11 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

For diet I indicated Chun Woo Bin rather than Choi Jin Hyuk. Remember, CWB used to check his food intake because he gains weight easily. He refued to eat when Cheif Byun gave him permission to eat a bowl of rice, he refused to eat when Sunny asked him too but Sunny was adament on feeding him so he ended up eating.

But this applies to Choi Jin Hyuk too.. He said in interview (from 1:40) during TLE that he's type to gain weight with normal diet. When he eats his cheeks and belly gains fat. So he has to work hard to be fit. He said that people usually thinks he has a broad shoulder, nice body but he had to work very hard regularly for building this body.

It's true that CJH looked very handsome in TLE but he became skinnier for TLE. He came with a very handsome look for Devilish Joy too. But When I compare his appearence in both CJH is skinnier in TLE. It could be a reason to show that NWS following strict diet. But it could be because he seldom wore casual cloths in TLH. He wore formal wear suits with long coats and uniforms in TLE most of the time. A bit thin body helps when wearing layers of cloth in front of camera.

I remember Joo Won became very thin when he was filming My Sassy Girl, his historical drama. I was wondering why he was starving himself. But he later said it in interview that he went for diet so that all those layered hanbok won't make him look fat. And He actually looked normal on screen but skinny off screen. So I guess that what happened with Chun Woo Bin's appearence too.

This is how more or less CJH looked off screen while filming The last Empress. He here seems thinner than on screen look, doesn't he ?

Yeah CJH lost a lot of weight for WB who was supposed to be on an extreme diet.  
What can I say  CJH likes to eat lots of comfort food  especially after he went through stress.  Because he is big, when he gains even a little it shows.  I remember about EC cast-on-stage-event for fans/viewers  right after EC aired.   Gosh some soompi members pointed out about CJH’s weight gain on the stage. hehe  At the time I didn’t know much about him so I refused to believe he could turn into a chubby toad.  haha   But he did.:lol::relaxed:  

1 hour ago, willenette said:

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this good news. CJH just wrapped-up his last drama & now without any rest he's going to start a new one. But, I'm not complaining, though............ The plot sounds like it's gonna be good. :P

You are right. If this drama is set for July, they have to start shooting soon.  Yup his biological actor’s runtime kicked in on him.  haha :sweatingbullets::lol:
Cross my finger for some good romance in this new drama. 

• Like 4

Thank you @booha for posting the news of CJH accepting his new drama! I hope the senior actor that he’ll be partnering up with will be good to him and give his great advice. I also hope that he gets to keep his chun WooBin hairdo. I dunno, there’s something about that hair that makes me drool lol.

super excited! CJH looked sooo good at the AMfar gala. :love:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Hannah Truong said:

Thank you @booha for posting the news of CJH accepting his new drama! I hope the senior actor that he’ll be partnering up with will be good to him and give his great advice. I also hope that he gets to keep his chun WooBin hairdo. I dunno, there’s something about that hair that makes me drool lol.

super excited! CJH looked sooo good at the AMfar gala. :love:

me too  happy to hear about this new drama though I wonder about his new character which CJH is going to play.   It seems he is a dark character to start with.  I know some CJH fans are divided about his new character, WB look or GMS look??   It’s a hard decision because I like both  :P 
CJH posted IG. He looks somber and dark.  Could it be he is showing his new character??

• Like 1