Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

16 hours ago, booha said:

noticed JW picked some of the dramas because the character seemed challenging/difficult and unique.  Though not as drastic like from a white knight GMS to a street punk NWS in one scoop

He gained around 8 KGs for one movie role to portray a hardworking village guy.. :P

Spoiler

Cg89ed_WUAAO9OH.jpg

Wow..CJH really does look like this webtoon character..Like how Park Hae Jin seems like exact Yoo Jung Sunbae in Cheese In The Trap..

6 hours ago, booha said:

PS CJH recorded this show before the announcement about TLE extension without CJH.  His so called schedule conflict is about Taiwan FM (2/28). 

Yeah..Isn't it a SBS variety show? I think i read somewhere that it was a SBS variety show. A variety show appearance is can't be a reason for schedule conflict(!) when a drama is ongoing..They usually went to variety shows in between or right after a drama is to promote their drama. few people seemed to be really trying to prove how the mess production made is just because of schedule conflict! ah sigh...

Aww..Little Arin also went there for her favorite TLE Samchoon..Oh Ah Rin chose CJH as the most handsome from TLE cast..Next to him is Oh Hankyul ( Dongshik :D) and SSR.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2019 at 1:59 PM, triplem said:

Tunnel!!!! Hands down one of my favourite crime dramas. CJH was superb there.

@booha I am looking forward to the new drama- hopefully he signs for it. I don't mind him playing a layered sort of character. It will be fun.

Agreed! Tunnel was great. Loved CJH and YHM parternship in Tunnel :lol:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'm catching up on other old shows featuring CJH, along with Tunnel. I'm maybe 5 episodes into Fated to Love You, and was expecting to have second lead syndrome, but this is ridiculous. So far the lead is so unappealing and frankly pretty horrible to Jang Nara's character. Part of my issue is the main lead's overacting, which I guess is for comedic effect, but I don't particularly enjoy it. I know why I dropped this show when I started it a few months ago. I will stick with it now to see CJH, but am prepared to be disappointed by the ending.

@Si Fa I also saw the article you were referring to and also curious about what malicious comments are being made.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2019 at 4:40 PM, sally2 said:

@booha I'll definitely be sticking with the Tunnel. I don't dislike darker shows, just prefer not to binge watch them, and instead intersperse them with lighter fare. Onto episode 2 and am enjoying the more comedic feel of it. Also happy to see Kang Ki Young is in the show, I find the offbeat side characters that he plays endearing.

Ohh  good to know  as I can’t stomach seeing graphically scary crime  scenes.  If I can’t avoid ones like some scenes in Tunnel, I make a long blink and block out my brain except the audio.  haha poor me  I do like crime/detective or action movie but not scary stuff.  Yeah luckily Tunnel isn’t that extreme like other ones.  I appreciate that, in kdrama, whenever they show a blood scene,  everybody can see the blood is fake.    Yes it’s fun to watch a push-pull scene by Kang Ki-Young and Kim Byung-Chul.  He must be very popular for the supporting role.  I was surprised to see his numerous appearances in many popular dramas.   Pleas enjoy Tunnel.  

19 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

He gained around 8 KGs for one movie role to portray a hardworking village guy.. :P

Spoiler

Wow..CJH really does look like this webtoon character..Like how Park Hae Jin seems like exact Yoo Jung Sunbae in Cheese In The Trap..

Yeah..Isn't it a SBS variety show? I think i read somewhere that it was a SBS variety show. A variety show appearance is can't be a reason for schedule conflict(!) when a drama is ongoing..They usually went to variety shows in between or right after a drama is to promote their drama. few people seemed to be really trying to prove how the mess production made is just because of schedule conflict! ah sigh...

Aww..Little Arin also went there for her favorite TLE Samchoon..Oh Ah Rin chose CJH as the most handsome from TLE cast..Next to him is Oh Hankyul ( Dongshik :D) and SSR.

Wow to gain weight to play an everyday character.  Good for him. In his IGs, JW shows this cackling mischievous side of himself.  Maybe in his next drama he should try to pick a lighthearted romcom.   What can I say I’m all about this silly romance stuff. I’m a closet babbling walking romance-zombie. haha :sweatingbullets:
Btw isn’t it a kind of weird kdrama with CJH appearing in the SBS variety show after what happened with him and SBS TLE?  haha   Who knows what coocoo SBS was thinking  hahaha  :D

14 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Agreed! Tunnel was great. Loved CJH and YHM parternship in Tunnel :lol:

Hello another empress girl   I’m glad to see you here.   I read you have spent many hours with kdrama  Yup you definitely know what the kdrama is about.  Btw happy to hear Tunnel is one of your like-list.  :)

8 hours ago, Si Fa said:

Hiii all chingu...

Long times im not here... I read new news that g-tree take a legal action agains to malicious comments for CJH, it that right??? And what malicious comments spread?

1 hour ago, sally2 said:

@Si Fa I also saw the article you were referring to and also curious about what malicious comments are being made.

If I’m not mistaken this news about malicious comments for CJH  mainly starts from TLE DC site.   Over the years I heard about a mob of anti-fan activities. But I don’t know who these people are and how they work.    I know sometimes anti-fan activity starts from a real scandal.  But other times I have to guess some nasty spiteful people acting like a virus just troll around sites and invade to create havoc for fun??   I think, when the writer began to change the LH character and more members moved to LH,  possibly then this anti-fan mob moved in and started to target on CJH.  
So CJH’s agency GTree put out the statement that it would go after people who post defamatory comments about CJH.  Obviously it worked at the moment. It seems the TLE DC site deleted all of the anti-comments about CJH.  
I know media seemed very sympathetic about CJH’s decision to not participate in TLE’s extension.  They knew what PD and the writer did to the NWS/CWB character.  Also I was glad to see the public didn’t blame CJH for his decision.   Hopefully things will quite down.  -_-

Choi Jin Hyuk’s Agency To Take Legal Action Against Malicious Commenters

Mrzfdvm.jpg?1

Feb 25, 2019
by J. Lim

Choi Jin Hyuk’s agency G-Tree Creative will be taking legal action against malicious comments and the spreading of false information.

Spoiler

G-Tree Creative recently took to Choi Jin Hyuk’s official fan cafe “theReal” to announce that they will be taking such action. They stated, “We have confirmed that malicious comments and false information are being spread about our actor on various online communities. We have decided to take legal action against such cases, and we wish to ask for cooperation from fans to collect information.”

They continued to state, “We will continue to collect more information and do our best to protect the rights of our actors.” In their announcement, the agency included detailed instructions of how to save malicious comments and rumors as PDF files, as well as an e-mail address to send the material to.

Choi Jin Hyuk recently wrapped up his appearance in the SBS drama “The Last Empress.” He was unable to appear in the four extra episodes that were added in an extension due to scheduling conflicts. The actor is currently preparing for his fan meeting in Taiwan, which will take place on February 28.

Source (1) (2)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, booha said:

If I’m not mistaken this news about malicious comments for CJH  mainly starts from TLE DC site.   Over the years I heard about a mob of anti-fan activities. But I don’t know who these people are and how they work.    I know sometimes anti-fan activity starts from a real scandal.  But other times I have to guess some nasty spiteful people acting like a virus just troll around sites and invade to create havoc for fun??   I think, when the writer began to change the LH character and more members moved to LH,  possibly then this anti-fan mob moved in and started to target on CJH.  

So CJH’s agency GTree put out the statement that it would go after people who post defamatory comments about CJH.  Obviously it worked at the moment. It seems the TLE DC site deleted all of the anti-comments about CJH.  
I know media seemed very sympathetic about CJH’s decision to not participate in TLE’s extension.  They knew what PD and the writer did to the NWS/CWB character.  Also I was glad to see the public didn’t blame CJH for his decision.   Hopefully things will quite down.  -_-

Choi Jin Hyuk’s Agency To Take Legal Action Against Malicious Commenters

Feb 25, 2019
by J. Lim

Choi Jin Hyuk’s agency G-Tree Creative will be taking legal action against malicious comments and the spreading of false information.

Hide contents

G-Tree Creative recently took to Choi Jin Hyuk’s official fan cafe “theReal” to announce that they will be taking such action. They stated, “We have confirmed that malicious comments and false information are being spread about our actor on various online communities. We have decided to take legal action against such cases, and we wish to ask for cooperation from fans to collect information.”

They continued to state, “We will continue to collect more information and do our best to protect the rights of our actors.” In their announcement, the agency included detailed instructions of how to save malicious comments and rumors as PDF files, as well as an e-mail address to send the material to.

Choi Jin Hyuk recently wrapped up his appearance in the SBS drama “The Last Empress.” He was unable to appear in the four extra episodes that were added in an extension due to scheduling conflicts. The actor is currently preparing for his fan meeting in Taiwan, which will take place on February 28.

Source (1) (2)

Oowwhhh... So bad to hear that. I dont know what the benefit for them for malicous commenters, it isnt usefull at all. Luckily the agency quickly to protect his actor....

Yeah some people dont blame CJH for his decision for not participate TLE addicional episode but there are too make a assumption about CHJ accept "Justice" drama to revenge for his role in TLE. What nonsense <_<

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images. TQ
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, booha said:

Hello another empress girl   I’m glad to see you here.   I read you have spent many hours with kdrama  Yup you definitely know what the kdrama is about.  Btw happy to hear Tunnel is one of your like-list.  :)

Some gifs from Tunnel for all~ he was so smitten ngahahaha

-Tunnel-korean-dramas-40393994-367-207.g

216fd7ca13dbfc3881563665a68b663a.gif?res

(ctto)

Edit: gotta agree I do spend many hours on kdramas recently. But I don't watch all dramas though hahaha. Only a select few. and I have no problem dropping dramas or pressing the FF button to see the end :lol:

• Like 1

((Delayed postings))

Since CJH didn’t attend TLE wrap party so his fans sent the presents to GTree office. 

From Korean fan &  JH Kissme- Korea &Japan fans

Spoiler

From DC fans

k7UMgWo.jpg?1

Spoiler

cake

R0x2r33.jpg?1vKyPwD7.jpg?1

clay sculpture WS/WB

xkkaTE1.jpg?1

mood light

hec1CsE.jpg

Spoiler

mTdxGGT.png

F26cWRr.jpg?1

inmGwVV.jpg?1

h3ujQWm.jpg?1

8RwD99B.jpg?1

87wl3RS.jpg?1

Xr7kN7f.jpg?1

FiWRO3O.jpg?1

cr to Dc

"A member of 'theReal' supported a soup kitchen on the day of Choijinhyuk's birthday" (2/10)

Spoiler

the Real:CJH official fan cafe

for CJH birthday & New Year (2/9)

Spoiler

"trusting your choice & sending cheer/support

You worked hard #my actornim #CJH"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, booha said:

Since CJH didn’t attend TLE wrap party so his fans sent the presents to GTree office. 

From Korean fan &  JH Kissme- Korea &Japan fans

Wow..the little details in the NWS-OS inspired cake..:heart:

1)the band aid

2)the red scarf,

3)Ramen and soju..  

And I love how they picked this picture. It's my most fav Sunny-Wangsik pic. That particular scene says a lot. :tears:

wm81545812294705-600.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:38 AM, booha said:

Btw isn’t it a kind of weird kdrama with CJH appearing in the SBS variety show after what happened with him and SBS TLE?  haha   Who knows what coocoo SBS was thinking  hahaha  :D

Well..SBS is most probably releasing this variety appearance of CJH much much later than expected.

Because look at what Ari is wearing in the preview..I can't remember in which episode of TLE she wore this hanbok, but SBS released a news with her picture wearing that hanbok in 14th January ,2019. So the vareity show episode most probably has been recorded around that time.

Spoiler

30000621117_700.jpg

News: https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/thelastempress/article/56870/E10009356663

(Also there must have been a lot of editing..But that can't change what already has been said..so let's just comment after the actual broadcast of the show.. ;))

Princess So Jin aka Lee Hee Jin talked about Her Bin in her Showbiz Korea interview..

Spoiler

She's so funny and she talks like Princess So Jin. It's her second preoject with CJH and she didn't know that he has became this much popular. :lol:

As they knew each other from previous projecct it was easier for them to film comfortably.

Spoiler

zyWaiMv.png

0ZoQrUH.png

jspxD3P.png

Don't Worry Princess So Jin..I'm sure most of the fans enjoyed your quirkiness and affection for Bin. :) 

V9ZPfTa.png

FwMKDPC.png

• Love 1

(WWCY) CJH and Ah-rin:

(translation)

Spoiler

[cutesy][cutesy]
 Hi (annyeonghaseyo) I’m Oh Ah-rin
JH-uncle and Ah-rin will appear in ‘We Will Channel You’. Please watch it~
‘We Will Channel You’ every Th 11.10pm, watch live
Good bye (annyeong)

Hello everyone I’m CJH
I came to SBS ‘WWCY’ set.  I haven’t been in a variety show for a long time.. so I feel jittery and tense..
Today  I’m going to record with Kang Ho-dong -sunbaenim and Yang Se-hyung -hyeong  

I’m curious how the recording will turn out     Please give a lot of support…  
[ watch it live!]
I hope many of you will watch it
Please view it~

[Bye] [Bye]
Thank you (gamsahabnida)

the airport photos of CJH on the way to Taiwan FM

((Someone already made mv hahaha ))

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hi all, I’m new to this forum. I’m a fan of Choi Jin Hyuk and Jang Nara. I wanted to thank all of you who have shared pictures and translated his interview and etc. I love scanning through this forum to catch up with what dramas he’s been in and other activities that he’s done. :grin:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sally2 said:

Thank you @booha for keeping us posted on CJH's activities. I'm liking the short hair styled this way, better than when it was straight bangs.

‘straight bangs’  haha  I know what you mean  :D  Actually I prefer him with GMS’s hair.  I think it gives a softer edge to him.   
Btw  I read that a lot of fans(over 500 plus 30 media) came to see him in the airport, Taiwan.  I guess it was an unexpected yet pleasant surprise for CJH.  He really needed to see a lot of cheers from his fans.  I’m glad to see finally he seemed to be very comfortable in dealing with fans.  :)

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0001090376

ImMcpso.jpg

Spoiler

jhvuRT3.jpg

1 hour ago, Hannah Truong said:

Hi all, I’m new to this forum. I’m a fan of Choi Jin Hyuk and Jang Nara. I wanted to thank all of you who have shared pictures and translated his interview and etc. I love scanning through this forum to catch up with what dramas he’s been in and other activities that he’s done. :grin:

Welcome chingu  I’m glad to hear you are a fan of JNR and CJH.  They are adorable either on or off screen together. 

more photos from Taiwan airport:

Spoiler

from Inchon airport Korea

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 2/27/2019 at 11:47 AM, booha said:

(WWCY) CJH and Ah-rin:

Reveal hidden contents

[cutesy][cutesy]
 Hi (annyeonghaseyo) I’m Oh Ah-rin
JH-uncle and Ah-rin will appear in ‘We Will Channel You’. Please watch it~
Good bye (annyeong)

Hello everyone I’m CJH
I came to SBS ‘WWCY’ set.  I haven’t been in a variety show for a long time.. so I feel jittery and tense..
Today  I’m going to record with Kang Ho-dong -sunbaenim and Yang Se-hyung -hyeong  

I’m curious how the recording will turn out     Please give a lot of support…  
[ watch it live!]
I hope many of you will watch it
Please view it~

[Bye] [Bye]
Thank you (gamsahabnida)

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this. TODAY, CJH will appear on "We Will Channel You!", a talk show where the concept is built around a health club. I heard that he will discuss his work and health with the hosts especially his last drama "The Last Empress". This child actress who plays the daughter of a princess will also visit the show. "We Will Channel You" airs on Thursday nights at 11:10 PM KST on SBS. :P

• Like 2

Thank you again @booha for finding and posting all of the Taiwan FM photos/videos. Not sure about all of his fashion choices, but I like his jeans and button up look. The jeans were nice and normal, not too wide not too tight, and long enough. Maybe because he has long legs I find sometimes his pants look too short.

Unrelated - I saw that Viki added We Will Channel You to its lineup. No episodes have been added yet, but we may get to see the CJH episode at some point.

• Like 3

Viki:  https://www.viki.com/tv/36487c-we-will-channel-you?q=We Will Channel You

5 hours ago, sally2 said:

Thank you again @booha for finding and posting all of the Taiwan FM photos/videos. Not sure about all of his fashion choices, but I like his jeans and button up look. The jeans were nice and normal, not too wide not too tight, and long enough. Maybe because he has long legs I find sometimes his pants look too short.

Unrelated - I saw that Viki added We Will Channel You to its lineup. No episodes have been added yet, but we may get to see the CJH episode at some point.

Thank you for info about ‘We Will Channel You’      Wow it’s great to know that Viki will broadcast it.  It means it will have eng sub.  I saw in Viki EP15-WWCY was set to broadcast 3/7. 

22 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this. TODAY, CJH will appear on "We Will Channel You!", a talk show where the concept is built around a health club. I heard that he will discuss his work and health with the hosts especially his last drama "The Last Empress". This child actress who plays the daughter of a princess will also visit the show. "We Will Channel You" airs on Thursday nights at 11:10 PM KST on SBS. :P

Yes Viki will broadcast ‘We Will Channel You’  For a while I worried how we, overseas fans, would see it with subs. 

It looks CJH had a good FM in Taiwan.  He really needed emotional support in person from his fans.  So many came to see him in person in the airport.  I’m happy his fans didn’t disappoint.   Now with his FM is behind, I hope he will go someplace and recharge his energy. 

**I’m very impressed by what the Taiwan fan group did for FM.  Also Malaysia Fan Club sent  a pretty cake & flowers with its members.   And CJH official  fan club(Korea) also sent flowers.

From Choi Jin Hyuk Taiwan Fan Club

https://www.instagram.com/choijinhyuk_taiwan/

Spoiler

From CJH official fan club(Korea)

https://www.instagram.com/choijinhyuk_fancafe/

From Malaysia Fan Club

https://www.instagram.com/cjhmyfc/

Spoiler

• Like 3

Yep..Fan support is really healing at a time like this..Lots of people came in airport..and lots attended the fan meet..I hope he's recharged. 

Looks like he talked a bit about the bad experience of TLE..CJH's agency moved on from this quite politely. Many CJH fans as well as TLE viewers were so angry and upset about this mess and expressed their sadness for how TLE production treated him wrongly. I appreciate that he talked about it a bit rather than avoiding it. It's better to express the worry he was going through rather than keeping it inside..Choi Jin Hyuk, Fighting. 

Spoiler

Aaand..He looked good.. too good.. :thumbsup:

D0iOyY5VYAEp5hv.jpg

Spoiler

D0jIR56UcAAnqCN.jpg

D0Zd251X4AAGdbj.jpg

D0kZySDV4AYufJg.jpg

• Like 3