Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

Good Morning Hottie Hyuk :)

@mishiellie Your welcome, I would like to help promote this thread as much as I can hope you dont mind :)

@annannann Fan meeting in Tokyo so jealous I want to go [-O< [-O<

Yes I hear your voice is my obsession right now its a really good drama I just hate waiting every week :(

@annannann,@missabeat,@yeerk2fan,@emaan,@amidal2894,@cjc52006,@M fritz,@yuuqiikee,@hergluck  :-h :-h sorry if i miss anyone:)

photo CJHphotoshoot_zps1b1558d4.jpg

Have a great day Hottie Hyuk :)

@GHSforever good night to you! :) Its 9pm here. Btw, my username is yuuqiikeke not yuuqiikee. :P I just saw the trailer of I hear your voice, it seems interesting, shall go check it out someday. I swear watching dramas while they are still airing in korea is such a torture but i have never learn my lesson. :P

Guest Mishiellie

other than my piled up translation projects..

im thinking of organizing all the links to screen capture of my daughter the flower from  cjh baidu and post them here

O can't repost their screen caps here but i'll organize all the links to the screen caps ep by ep.. 131 epis.. HAHAHA  o boy.. i sure know how to overload myself with work

So I'm using GG translation to understand what's written in the article. It's quite interesting, as far as I'm concerned, they were doing a research on the type of male characters that female audience of kdrama are attracted to. Choi Jin Hyuk was said to get overwhelming support from the young audience (early 20s) for his portray of Wol Ryung. On the other hand, Lee Jong Sook has attracted the noona fans (30s) with his role of Park Soo Ha. I think the article also mentioned something about they (the characters) are both loyal to their first love, but CJH has a more matured/masculine and sexy image while LJS has a boyish charm.

------------

I've just realized the wirter for "Heirs" is the same one who wrote "Lovers in Paris" and "Secret Garden" both of which were my favorites. Although I think she tends to run off steam by the finale, the romance in her story is mostly refreshing and engaging, I also enjoy the humor in those dramas. Hopefully, "Heirs" is going to come out better than we hope for (oh man I let myself be hopeful now).

I hope CJH and LMH are gonna have some fun and cute kind of brotherly bickering like that of Oska and Joo Won in "Secret Garden".

@Mishiellie I don't mind too because I have my school to be busy with. But I always digress away from my homework by watching fanvids of the drama then end up have to rush my homework. :P I had the hardest time during Bridal Mask period whereby I will watch mvs, listen to osts, and read recaps after school. Going crazy already. :P

@missabeat thanks for the translation. :) me too! Hope Heirs will be great drama. Also when CJH and LMH are acting in the same scene with just the both of them, they don't have to do height adjustment aka manner legs. :D

@anannanann thank you for the news article and picture. :)

missabeat said: So I'm using GG translation to understand what's written in the article. It's quite interesting, as far as I'm concerned, they were doing a research on the type of male characters that female audience of kdrama are attracted to. Choi Jin Hyuk was said to get overwhelming support from the young audience (early 20s) for his portray of Wol Ryung. On the other hand, Lee Jong Sook has attracted the noona fans (30s) with his role of Park Soo Ha. I think the article also mentioned something about they (the characters) are both loyal to their first love, but CJH has a more matured/masculine and sexy image while LJS has a boyish charm.

------------

I've just realized the wirter for "Heirs" is the same one who wrote "Lovers in Paris" and "Secret Garden" both of which were my favorites. Although I think she tends to run off steam by the finale, the romance in her story is mostly refreshing and engaging, I also enjoy the humor in those dramas. Hopefully, "Heirs" is going to come out better than we hope for (oh man I let myself be hopeful now).

I hope CJH and LMH are gonna have some fun and cute kind of brotherly bickering like that of Oska and Joo Won in "Secret Garden".

@GHSforever: I'm curious, from what age one is considered an ahjumma? Anyway, I'm well into my late 20s so I might probably belong to the older demographic as well. And it shows through my gravitation from flower boys to a more masculine, mature-looking type of man. While I think CJH could charm both the young and old viewers, he is quite different from my previous actor crushes such as Jang Geun Seok and Lee Min Hoo. I still like looking at pretty faces but they don't give me the butterflies anymore.

@yuuqiiikeke: oh I died laughing everytime I saw a photo of him doing the manner legs.

@annannanann: "Secret Garden" was really fun and exciting in the beginning, but yeah, its ending left a lot to desire.
I love Hyunbin. I watched "Kim Sam Soon", "Ireland" and "Millionaire's first love" for him. Still haven't watched "World Within" mainly because I really don't find SHK's acting appealing.

@missabeat well this is just my opinion you guys can tell me if I'm wrong

young - early 20's

Noona- early 30's

Ajumma- early 40's now im on this category because i'm 40 years old LOL

@annannann thanks for the article both them are so cute :)

@Mishiellie I went to watch ep 1. Its interesting! I like supernatural/superpower (what do you actually call it? I forgot already. :P anyway i like dramas that have special elements in them, be it time traveling, gumihos, ability to hear/see other people thoughts and future) element in a drama so I guess I will be hooked! :) A drama to help tide me over until good doctor. :D

@missabeat yep me too! :D but its fun to watch tall actors doing that in bts video but their poor legs will be tired. :(

@GHSforever I have always been treating you like you are at my age so pardon me. :P I think around 35 to 40 can be called ahjumma. Then noona/unni can be called by anyone who is just a few years older than you. In my opinion. Not sure about this too. :P Have to ask @screambyscared about this coz she is from korea but she hasn't been online lately.

Anyone who know this can enlighten us. :P

Guest pandora460

@missabeat..i agree with what u wrote on tumblr. I wrote my "piece" on LSG's thread, decided against posting it in the GFB thread because I, too, did not want to dampen their "positive energies" I felt that one of the reasons why the characters WR and SH shone in the drama was bec they had better chemistry than the OTP. (The main reason though is that CJH is one hot guy!)I hated that Suzy didnt deliver the goods in portraying YW which is a strong character that should have complemented KC. @M Fritz, u should watch The King 2Hearts, LSG was awesome there. That one is a much better showcase of LSG acting.  There is also a second lead who could have stole the limelight from him but his pairing with HJW was great and thus carried the drama through.I didnt watch the ending of GFB because like most of u guys, GFB ended at episode 22.

missabeat

wrote:

»

@annannanann: "Secret Garden" was really fun and exciting in the beginning, but yeah, its ending left a lot to desire. <br />

I love Hyunbin. I watched "Kim Sam Soon", "Ireland" and "Millionaire's first love" for him. Still haven't watched "World Within" mainly because I really don't find SHK's acting appealing.

@pandora460 I agree my favorite drama of LSG was K2H, that's the reason I was looking forward to watch GFB becasue of LSG, but fell in love with CJH :)

@annannann love Snow queen one of my favorite korean drama :)

@yuuqiikeke LOL how old did you think I was ? and thanks for the link as well. Anyway good night to you :)

@yuuqiikeke I think the word you were looking for is fantasy. Supernatural works too.

@anannanann: I dropped "Snow Queen" and "That Winter" both after the first 3-4 episodes. They had beautiful cinematography and seemed like decent dramas. However, I just can't get into them as melodramas go. But from what I saw, SHK did well in "That Winter." I also heard a lot of good feedbacks for "Worlds Within" so I might pick it up some time.

@pandora460: I've just read your opinion on LSG's thread. When it comes to GFB, I also unapologetically consider WR's arc as the main story, the rest is just bonuses.

I really do like LSG in Brave Hearts, he's cute, charming and funny as a MC. But I've never been attracted to him as an actor, I found his acting ranging from mediocre to fairly alright--I'm not impressed with him both in GFB and MGFIAG. I haven't watched K2H so I won't say anything about it.

On Suzy, I think her acting is mediocre at best, but the same as LSG, I found her neither annoying or unwatchable. I actually liked her in "Dream High". Having said so, I agree with you her underperformance is one of the reason I couldn't care for the main pairing. And honestly, even though YW appears as a refreshing female character, at its core, I always see her as an overtly anti-formula one. She had many characteristics that were the opposite of a typical kdrama heroine, such as timidity or noble idiocy. But it was written in a rather inorganic fashion, giving her no depth and development. Still, a better actress could have pull it off and makes it work.

Let's be honest, WR is not a new type of character, not for me, neither is his tragedy. But CJH took what he was given, did it with skill, charisma and conviction. The fact that he is pleasant on the eyes also a great boost to the charm effect. He basically got me at his first scene ( I was mentally cooing, Ohhhh hello, what's your name? I haven't seen you before lol). So I still fell for his WR, and I let myself robbed into his romance with SH. Suzy has a sweet face, it's a pity her acting level is far from enough to bring YW into life.