Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

On 5/10/2016 at 7:08 AM, booha said:

Hi booha, thanks for sharing the picture.  Ahhhh.....how I missed the drama, how I missed CJH. It’s so nice to see a K-drama, or a show in general, that addresses those "divorce" issues realistically. This drama isn't perfect, it had its flaws -  for me, sometimes it seemed a little slow (I guess because I love medical dramas so much that's why, I want the pacing fast). Overall, I highly recommend this drama for its talented and fun cast and their great chemistry. EC was awesome... I stuck with it past the rough start - hahaha. I found myself cracking up in the early episodes. The 1st EP of the married couple's fight was fabulous & nothing afterwards could match it for comedy. I like how they wrapped it up in the end with everyone having someone. I do wish they had projected into the future a bit and shown everyone happily together and maybe with a kid or two. Nevertheless, I actually really did enjoy the show a lot.  I applaud the scriptwriter for its very realistic dialogues.  Very believable. BTW, for me, Choi Jin Hyuk has the most adorable grin! I wanted Choi Jin Hyuk in every scene. :P

• Like 2

** I found that Hyuki manager IG / GTree IG also posted the article. It looks very promising about the return of our Hyuki.  Let’s pray hard to a fortune goddess about Hyuki future prospect.   :blush::blush:

I found an interesting article. It talks about the shortage of available lead actors in kdramas for the second half of the year, since most leading actors already had chosen their next project. But there are still more dramas that don’t have male leads, so some of the drama-production teams are in crisis of finding them.  It mentions three actors, Yoo Seung Ho, Choi Jin Hyuk, Ji Chang Wook.  It says they are very desirable candidates  and they don’t  have projects lined up yet. 

Yes It’s good to know  Hyuki is one of them but the article  carefully leaves out saying that some companies try to recruit him. I guess we know the reason.  But I have a feeling that secretly they would make many love calls to Hyuki.     The article says JCW is close to finishing his project in China, so, there are many engaged in behind-the-scenes work to catch him early.

(( I skipped  the parts for Yoo Seung Ho and Ji Chang Wook )) (5/12/2016)

“Is there any viable good actor?” … Yoo Seung Ho – Choi Jin Hyuk – Ji Chang Wook,  trio who became a double (in value) (because of ) scarcity    

QnEYnpw.jpg  

“We don’t have any male actor who can be casted.”  

The drama production teams are clamoring.  For the second half of year broadcast, the drama production teams, while waiting for the projects to be put together , have been searching  around for the lead actors but returned empty-handed.   The reason is that there aren’t available actors left after all these actors, Lee Min Ho, Kim Soo-hyun, Song Joong-gi, Kim Woo-bin, Lee Jong-seok, Kim Rae-won, Lee Joon GI, who had already selected their next projects in a movie or a drama.

In this kind of circumstance, there are the actors who see their prices are rising.  Yoo Seung Ho, Choi Jin Hyuk, Ji Chang Wook are the main characters.  They had proved themselves as the lead actors and as marketable/profitable in the overseas market.  These three  are busy receiving the love calls from producers and broadcasters.

CJH also is  ‘the casting #1 priority’.  He has proven his ‘marketability’ as he appeared in ’PP’ as the lead  and ‘FTLY’ which these dramas made #1 ratings in the same time period with the other dramas.   Besides he starred with Lee Min Ho in ‘Heirs’ and he, as the lead, worked with Song Ji Ho in 'EC’  which these dramas received acclaim in China, and  he made himself as someone who is ‘a prepared Hallyu star’. 

A representative of outsourcing production said, “These three are all gaining  popularity not only in the domestic market but  in China which is the number one Hallyu market,” and “At the moment in this industry, if anyone signs any of these three, one even can get  broadcaster’s consent to put together a project. So that’s the reason why the competition for the casting is fierce now.”   

http://m.news.naver.com

• Like 4

9 hours ago, booha said:

** I found that Hyuki manager IG / GTree IG also posted the article. It looks very promising about the return of our Hyuki.  Let’s pray hard to a fortune goddess about Hyuki future prospect.   :blush::blush:

I found an interesting article. It talks about the shortage of available lead actors in kdramas for the second half of the year, since most leading actors already had chosen their next project. But there are still more dramas that don’t have male leads, so some of the drama-production teams are in crisis of finding them.  It mentions three actors, Yoo Seung Ho, Choi Jin Hyuk, Ji Chang Wook.  It says they are very desirable candidates  and they don’t  have projects lined up yet. 

Yes It’s good to know  Hyuki is one of them but the article  carefully leaves out saying that some companies try to recruit him. I guess we know the reason.  But I have a feeling that secretly they would make many love calls to Hyuki.     The article says JCW is close to finishing his project in China, so, there are many engaged in behind-the-scenes work to catch him early.

(( I skipped  the parts for Yoo Seung Ho and Ji Chang Wook )) (5/12/2016)

“Is there any viable good actor?” … Yoo Seung Ho – Choi Jin Hyuk – Ji Chang Wook,  trio who became a double (in value) (because of ) scarcity    

QnEYnpw.jpg  

“We don’t have any male actor who can be casted.”  

The drama production teams are clamoring.  For the second half of year broadcast, the drama production teams, while waiting for the projects to be put together , have been searching  around for the lead actors but returned empty-handed.   The reason is that there aren’t available actors left after all these actors, Lee Min Ho, Kim Soo-hyun, Song Joong-gi, Kim Woo-bin, Lee Jong-seok, Kim Rae-won, Lee Joon GI, who had already selected their next projects in a movie or a drama.

In this kind of circumstance, there are the actors who see their prices are rising.  Yoo Seung Ho, Choi Jin Hyuk, Ji Chang Wook are the main characters.  They had proved themselves as the lead actors and as marketable/profitable in the overseas market.  These three  are busy receiving the love calls from producers and broadcasters.

CJH also is also ‘the casting #1 priority’.  He has proven his ‘marketability’ as he appeared in ’PP’ as the lead  and ‘FTLY’ which these dramas made #1 ratings in the same time period with the other dramas.   Besides he starred with Lee Min Ho in ‘Heirs’ and he, as the lead, worked with Song Ji Ho in 'EC’  which these dramas received acclaim in China, and  he made himself as someone who is ‘a prepared Hallyu star’. 

A representative of outsourcing production said, “These three are all gaining  popularity not only in the domestic market but  in China which is the number one Hallyu market,” and “At the moment in this industry, if anyone signs any of these three, one even can get  broadcaster’s consent to put together a project. So that’s the reason why the competition for the casting is fierce now.”   

Hi @booha, it has been a long time since my last visit. How have you been? Just have a sleek peep for the last few pages and thank you so much for your hard work in keeping this thread alive!! I'm so sorry for being absent in Soompi as I am so lazy and I decided to spend more quality time with my cats & doggies since they are all elderly. We all appreciate for you efforts and enthusiasm towards Hyukie. 

Btw, thanks for translating this article. I can only guess the general meaning by using Naver translate yesterday. I have put your translation to our CJHHKFG page & IG with credit. Really really thanks as fans are keep waiting for his news even though there's only a reference.

Let's work hard together and waiting for his comeback! Thanks chingu! :wub:

• Like 3

@willenette  :blush:

You said it so right. That’s how I would like to give a brief summary of EC except about the medical part.  I don’t think the rom-com chemistry from CJH and SJH goes well with a heavy medical drama.  There were serious medical incidents in the drama since the setting was in ER but I feel PDnim made sure they didn’t overpower OTP and their second chance.   Yes It has flaws and awkward transitions here and there but they didn’t pull down the overall feeling of the drama.  I’m so grateful that EC turned out to be a good drama.  :)

@PolarisCat

Hello  Yes It’s always nice to hear something about Hyuki.  I’m sure  GTree and Hyuki have been working very hard for Hyuki career.    You are right we just have to be patient  for awhile but eventually he will be back on the drama screen.  I want you to know that  keeping up this thread  hasn’t been too taxing for me since I only posted many recycled pictures.  huhuu  :P

PS I saw I typed a word twice inadvertently ((CJH also is also ‘the casting #1 priority’. =>CJH also is ‘the casting #1 priority’.)):(  

Well I decided to translate  the part about Yoo Seung Ho and Ji Chang Wook.   

Yoo Seung Ho had a successful completion of the last year SBS drama “Remember’ and has been taking a break.  Having to shed the image of a child actor through the drama after his discharge from the army, he expanded his acting range.  /Since the movie, ‘Joseon Magician’ which he was in as the lead didn’t do well in the box office,  there is a general opinion  which indicates YSH would do better work in a drama project rather than in a movie.  The industry says that he has a lot of noona fans who are waiting for him to return  so, if he signs on, any project would be easy picking.

Ji Chang Wook also has the power to influence the broadcaster’s project. Last year he completed KBS 2TV drama, ‘Healer’ and then worked in China.  Recently he finished the shooting and is preparing to return.  Many producers who heard the new about his return have been engaged in a behind-the-scenes work to catch him early.

• Like 4

Guess what I found …  another Hyuki crumb, a very tiny one… whahaha     It’s in the yohanpark IG(4 days ago)  Ea15hQG.gif

Yohanpark left this line  ((너무나 ..시간들. . 단단하게 버텨라  very long.. times.. be strong &strong / do withstand firmly ))   And Hyuki stopped by and left this face?? … a sad /or worrying / or concerned face??  

I saw everybody left a sort of encouraging comment.  So I’m wondering whether they knew something happened to yohanpark /or they made the comments because of him/ or they knew it was for Hyuki /or from Hyuki??   Yeah I’m just speculating. ttt    I’m surprised and at the same time delighted to see his name. I know he visited @venus IG long time ago.  I think it was for mother’s day 2015??

s65MiuU.gif  

• Like 2

PS  PP pdnim (Kim Jin Min) just finished another MBC drama ‘Marriage contract’  It is a good &well made drama.   I would like to see someday  Hyuki and this pdnim will work  together again.      

This fan went to the china town in Incheon with her family.  https://www.instagram.com/et_winnie/

이제서야 가봄. . .

간판.. 떼지 않고 그대로 있어주어 고마웠다.

Finally went to see...    Grateful that the sign,‘Three Meals 삼시세끼’  hadn’t been removed.

• Like 2

((It’s cutout photo of PP cast with pictures of  shooting scene of  DC and YM))

이제서야 가봄...
구석에 있어 슬픈 동시에 아직 있어주어 고맙기도 했다.

Finally went to see...   Sad to see it was in the corner location ((meaning it wasn’t in the main attraction)) but  nonetheless thankful that it was still there

• Like 2

이제서야 가봄...

그러고 보니 차이나타운을 10여년만에 갔더라.

Finally went to see:  It was 10 years ago when last time I went to the china town.

• Like 2

This fan reposted them from @studio_newbin.  The pictures are from Hallyu Pia Japanese magazine  taken 2 years ago.     I saw two Hyukssi fans  asked for the pictures to be reposted ( @winter / @ririka )

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGEhoG9r0wo/?taken-by=studio_newbin

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGErmW1L03I/?taken-by=studio_newbin

• Like 2

On 11/5/2016 at 1:08 AM, booha said:

OMG I was just commenting on another site 5 minutes ago about how i wanted Choi Hyuk and Song Ji Hyo to reunite in a new drama, I loved these two together, and emergency couple, remains one f my absolute favourite dramas, the story very captivating and emotionoal with serious issues despite it being a romcom, and i loved that. about it, give us a season 2, or let them reunite in a new drama pleeaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (as a divorced couple would be nice too;))

• Like 2