Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

e7YFya1.png
Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 Global Fans
*Posts are written in English
Facebook Fan Page:

These are from ‘old school’ (** It’s one of several ones which I need to translate someday)

laughing Hyuki  before the show started,   

laughing again…   

laughing continuously …

cr to DC

Hi booha, sorry for my ignorance but what's "old school"? Is it a show? I'm not familiar with this. Thanks for sharing the gifs....So NICE to see him laughing like this. :P

• Like 2

@willenette    Hello  Yes It’s a radio show called ‘Old School radio program’   Last April  I found that he appeared in the show twice,  for the first time , perhaps with other guests(Mar 2012) and second, just him exclusively(July 2013  right after his big break from GFB).  This YT clip shows him singing in his first appearance and his second appearance is in dailymotion.    Yes It’s fun to see laughing Hyuki.  We can always use such contagious laughter to forget a bumpy ride in the real world even for moment.   hehe   

[sBS] 김창렬의 올드스쿨, 배우 최진혁의 가슴 아파도~! (posted 3/14/2012)

cr to uploader

(Old School radio show part1 & part 2 )

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x12bjan_130722-올드스쿨-최진혁-1_shortfilms

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x12bk1s_130722-올드스쿨-최진혁-2_shortfilms

@Yeekrfan2     How are you   I hope your family is doing fine.   Recently I saw a grown up Gooki.  Omg He lost all that baby cuteness.    I’m sure he feels fine about himself, but me, wailing/more wailing   haha   Thanks to you, we still have many old Gooki photos for me to look at.   Take care  

IXzXKdc.gif    

• Like 1

@willenette    Hello  Yes It’s a radio show called ‘Old School radio program’   Last April  I found that he appeared in the show twice,  for the first time , perhaps with other guests(Mar 2012) and second, just him exclusively(July 2013  right after his big break from GFB).  This YT clip shows him singing in his first appearance and his second appearance is in dailymotion.    Yes It’s fun to see laughing Hyuki.  We can always use such contagious laughter to forget a bumpy ride in the real world even for moment.   hehe   

[sBS] 김창렬의 올드스쿨, 배우 최진혁의 가슴 아파도~! (posted 3/14/2012)

(Old School radio show part1 & part 2 )

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x12bjan_130722-올드스쿨-최진혁-1_shortfilms

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x12bk1s_130722-올드스쿨-최진혁-2_shortfilms

Hi booha, thanks for the reply. Also, thanks for sharing the video & the links. :P

• Like 1

Hyuki girls  It may be the time  that everyone could visit CJH HK Fan Group before starting one’s daily activity.  It has wonderful images which match equally with wonderful statements for each posting.  Some are funny and humorous, and some others, a grain of wisdom sprinkled around them.  How can someone come out with a new idea everyday!!   I’m so impressed HK fans’ dedication not only to our Hyukssi but also to the fans.  

I’m posting two but please visit the site and don’t forget to click on 'see more'

Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 HK Fan Group 
(CJHHKFG)
*Posts are written in both Chinese & English
Facebook Fan Page:

(9/17/2015)
8IvstBC.jpg

(9/18/2015)
eEG3hEY.jpg

Edited by booha
  • Like 4

So many handsome flowers are heading off  the MS cliff.:(

Choi Jin Hyuk Malaysia Fan Group최진혁
via DramaFever    (9/3/2015)

http://www.dramafever.com/news/11-korean-celebrities-who-enlisted-in-the-military-in-2015/

11 Korean celebrities who enlisted in the military in 2015

With the news that Super Junior's Siwon, Donghae,and Eunhyuk and TVXQ's Changmin are all leaving for mandatory military service over the next few months, fans were reasonably heartbroken. 2015 has been a tough year for K-drama and K-pop fans in the military enlistment department, and the year isn't even over yet! Take a look at 11 stars who have enlisted or will be enlisting this year:

Note: Military service is mandatory for South Korean males between the ages of 18 and 35. Korean military service ranges from 21 to 24 months depending on the branch. Army, Marines, and conscripted policemen serve 21 months, Navy serves 23 months, and Air Force serves 24 months. Public service workers serve from 24 to 36 months.

iy2wNJh.png

2. Choi Jin Hyuk

MijAZDr.jpg

Enlistment date: March 30, 2015

Estimated release: December 30, 2016

yTU356O.gif

A9IfJh5.gif

cr to DC

Edited by booha
  • Like 3

Guest snowpanda

so nice to see this thread is still alive eventhough he is in the military :D  
I love him, I've been a fan of his since I saw him in it's okay daddys girl around 5 years ago, he is awesome!

@snowpanda

Hello new member but old Hyuki fan.   Thank you for stopping by and thank you for showing your concern for our awesome.    So you became Hyuki fan from it's okay daddys girl.  That’s amazing.  Lots of Hyuki fans ( Chinese/ Japanese) became his fan because of  My Daughter To Flower.   Then the next big batch came from  Emergency Couple.   For myself I got scooped up by GWR.    I just translated a video clip in which Hyuki appeared  after GFB.  It was an exciting time for Hyuki fans. Because he wasn’t the lead in GFB, there weren’t much about his drama making  clips earlier.  Thankfully he began to appear on tv gradually.  I have a feeling Hyuki was still in shock at the time about what happened to him with GFB break.  Thank you again and hope to see you more chingu :D

(translation)

It looks like this show is about stars who made a big break.(posted 7/10/2013)

(246) [ Stars who became known because of fan’s love]    (**From (255) a different segment. )

Hanbam TV (한밤의 TV연예) 130710 #16(7)

(** CJH part  starts from 008)

(008)[ Who is the 2015 best star of whom Hanbam meets?] MC “Are you the person who made a high jump on the internet search because of attention from young female fans?”   (013) CJH “I’m called  GWR”

(016)[ CJH who fluttered women’s hearts] MC “He’s CJHssi!!”  “You are CJHssi right?” (018) MC “Congratulation”  CJH “Thank you”

(022) [‘GFB’ CJH transformed into a romantic  gumiho  “making GWR fever”]  [CJH transformed into a romantic gumiho!  Viewers responded explosively ]   (028)[ The graph chart for CJH’s monthly rise on the internet search]  MC “After the first broadcast of GFB, his internet search jumped over 1000 steps and for awhile his name on the internet became very hot.” (036) [ CJH “When my name reached #1 on the internet search,  I didn’t quite believe what I saw.”]   (040) [CJH “I went down to my hometown and watched GFB  with my friends like watching a world cup together.” (044) [CJH “Right after ep1 was aired, suddenly my name  appeared on the internet search.  At first I didn’t quite believe what was happening.”    

(051) [After making #1 on the internet search, how was the reaction from around?] MC “So afterward did the reaction around you change?”  (054)[CJH “First I received a lot of visits.”]  (055)[ CJH “Lots more people seemed to recognize me when I was out.” (057)[MC “Have you received any  movie and drama scripts?”]  (101)[CJH “Yes.  Together with drama and movie,  I received about 10 requests.”   MC “waha!!” ]   

(108)[ He made his debut through 2006 audition program]  CJH “As you said,  I too wanted to hate you (?)but I miss you insanely… “  (113)[ CJH hasn’t been able to leave a deep impression on the viewers] MC “CJH debuted 2006 and since then he worked continuously on a number of projects.  But he said this was the first time he received so much  attention/interest from the viewers.” 

(120)[MC “I’m hearing your mother likes your new situation?”]   (122)[ CJH “It had been  quite a while since I made my debut yet I didn’t receive much attention. Besides  I didn’t have a lot of work too…”]    (129)[CJH “So my mom worried (about my situation)”]  (132) [CJH “However when (my song) made it onto #1 on the music chart and then (my name) came on the internet search, my mom and I became very emotional and cried in joy.”]   

(143)[MC “I can understand why your mother felt joyous. However did she change in some way after the broadcast?”] (147)[CJH “Before the GFB broadcast, when I came home after I went out for drinks, she didn’t pay attention to me next day whether I eat or not or what time I got up so on.”]  (156)[CJH “But after GFB, when I came home after drinking, she made me soup next day haha.” “She also woke me up in a friendly way too, saying that making good interpersonal relationship was important.”]

(204)[ MC “About the drama ost, how about singing it with your baritone voice for Hanbam audience~~”]   (210) ((CJH singing)) (219) MC “He can sing well”  (229) MC “When I met him in person, I was surprised  by his blown out charm. I have high expectations for his future.”(228) [CJH, who can act well ] (231)[ CJH, who can also sing well]

(234) CJH “To tell truth, I might  have waited for this kind of interest/attention ever since I debuted.    Therefore I feel thankful and happy and honored.”

Edited by booha
  • Like 4

Guest snowpanda

@booha thx for the welcome^^ yeah it's been quite a while, thought there are still a lot of his dramas I haven't watched yet. :/  I loved emergency couple too, even more since he was paired up with JiHyo (I love her^^) and also GFB, he was awesome there, I started to watch it because of him, but it was really a good drama, I'm so glad he appeared in it. :)
I really hope he will continue to be  that loved and appear a lot even after his military service 

I just found this soompi article which was published 8/18/2014   

Stills of Actor Choi Jin Hyuk While Shooting “Fated to Love You” Are Released

RRzQBXn.jpg

Several stills of actor Choi Jin Hyuk taken while shooting for the MBC drama “Fated to Love You” were released. In the pictures, the actor expresses different emotions through his eyes.

A staff member of the drama stated, “Even at break times, Choi Jin Hyuk maintains the feeling he goes through when he’s shooting. When he’s with Mi Young (Jang Na Ra), he cares fore her deeply and evidently he portrays the nicest man on Earth. When he’s with Lee Gun (Jang Hyuk), he’s more charismatic and very manly. I think these are stills where it shows how Choi Jin Hyuk is so involved and immersed in his character.”

Fated to Love You is the Korean version of the 2008 Taiwanese drama of the same name. 

js9f2mw.jpg

http://www.soompi.com/2014/08/18/stills-of-actor-choi-jin-hyuk-while-shooting-fated-to-love-you-are-released/

@snowpanda     Oh yes I thought OHOH had great chemistry.   I like JiHyo too.   I felt grateful to her because after EC  she waited a year before she took on another drama.   That way I could enjoy thinking about the OHOH couple for a long time.  I know JHssi took a new drama (FTLY) soon after EC but he had to do it because of his enlistment.  At the time he was supposed to go to a military police unit around August/2014. But he cancelled it and signed into the regular army.    Daniel Pitt wasn’t in any competition with OCM.  Sadly Daniel Pitt started with all bling bling with  fancy suits but PDnim didn’t put much substance on this character.    However FTLY is a good drama. If you haven’t watched it yet, try it. You will like it.  

• Like 1

Guest snowpanda

@booha yeah  they were a really cute couple^^ I haven't watched FTLY yet, and I'm not sure if I want to, i've heard a lot about it, some people say it's really good others said they didn't like it at all, and since I've watched the Taiwanese original and absoutely loved it, I'm not sure if I'll like what they did with the korean version..

Okay It’s time  for Kim Won (EP9 Heirs)

AD4oV68.gif

epkB3Rv.gif

qlyaMs4.jpg

Fxewaak.jpg

XbX5ON5.jpg

cr to DC

@snowpanda   Oh!!  K-FTLY is  very entertaining in a different way than T-FTLY.  I know T-FTLY made a big splash and I’m glad you liked it.  At the beginning, a lot of people, who watched and liked T-FTLY, wondered about the Korean version.  But we now know K-FTLY has the same plot line yet it shows the drama is from Korea.  I understand that every drama has strong and weak points.  But this drama has many good/enjoyable /hilarious parts.  B)      **K-FTLY has many parodies.  Here is one which you might think very funny too (??or not/then forget it hehe).  I’m posting a link to dramabeans (recap FTLY EP2).  PDnim cleverly circumvented against the censorship which tries to keep a wholesome image on tv for the viewers. (( http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/07/fated-to-love-you-episode-2/ ))

• Like 1

@booha thx for the welcome^^ yeah it's been quite a while, thought there are still a lot of his dramas I haven't watched yet. :/  I loved emergency couple too, even more since he was paired up with JiHyo (I love her^^) and also GFB, he was awesome there, I started to watch it because of him, but it was really a good drama, I'm so glad he appeared in it. :)
I really hope he will continue to be  that loved and appear a lot even after his military service 

Hi snowpanda, I hope the same thing, too -  Spending 2-years in the barracks is taxing for anyone not looking to pursue a career in the military. :P

• Like 2

Guest snowpanda

@booha from the review it doesn#t look to bad. I'll put it on my to watchlist, though there are a lot of dramas I still want to watch on that list and I don't have enough time.. but if I find some time and I'm in the mood for this kind of drama I'm gonna look into it^^

@willenette  yes it is.. it's quite a long time. especially in an industy like the korean entertainment industy, where new faces come up constantly. if you haven't made a name for yourself bevor going, it can be realy hard to get back in after those  2 years.. 

2013... :w00t:

0g8Hc6q.jpg

UJJOP8d.jpg

Ti2TgUJ.jpg

crdsod1.jpg

FQ4yQLJ.jpg

0pxBLnS.jpg

cr to DC

@willenette     @snowpanda

Hello Hello  When I signed into soompi  for JHssi,  I didn’t know  that waiting 2 years was a part of the fangirling experience...   haha     Still I couldn’t believe it has been almost 6 months since he enlisted.  Time flows away.     I feel so sorry for all those young men trapped in such small spaces with limited other activities. 

You are right.  MIA for 2 years is a long time in k-entertainment or any entertainment.  There used to be an expression /phrase (at the moment it skipped off from my memory lane)  for an actor who had to do to military service  before the age of internet.  Now  thanks to the availability of internet,  an actor  has more ways to be connected with the outside world.  Still it isn’t easy for anyone’s career.  We could see that even established A-list actors are waiting out the last minutes before signing for enlistment.  In that sense Hyukssi is lucky because he got a big break just in time and had enough time to pay off his family debt and made a couple of good dramas.  It’s true he worked really hard during that short time to garner his reputation.  When he finishes his MS, I know there is no guarantee  about his future career but at least he will not have to restart from unknown.   I’m hoping by next year this time, we will hear about his future (drama/movie) project??  :blink::)     

Edited by booha
  • Like 3

@willenette     @snowpanda

Hello Hello  When I signed into soompi  for JHssi,  I didn’t know  that waiting 2 years was a part of the fangirling experience...   haha     Still I couldn’t believe it has been almost 6 months since he enlisted.  Time flows away.     I feel so sorry for all those young men trapped in such small spaces with limited other activities. 

You are right.  MIA for 2 years is a long time in k-entertainment or any entertainment.  There used to be an expression /phrase (at the moment it skipped off from my memory lane)  for an actor who had to do to military service  before the age of internet.  Now  thanks to the availability of internet,  an actor  has more ways to be connected with the outside world.  Still it isn’t easy for anyone’s career.  We could see that even established A-list actors are waiting out the last minutes before signing for enlistment.  In that sense Hyukssi is lucky because he got a big break just in time and had enough time to pay off his family debt and made a couple of good dramas.  It’s true he worked his richard simmons off  during that short time to garner his reputation.  When he finishes his MS, I know there is no guarantee  about his future career but at least he will not have to restart from unknown.   I’m hoping by next year this time, we will hear about his future (drama/movie) project??  :blink::)     

Hi booha, ye, time flies so fast indeed! It seems that CJH just entered the military yesterday - hahaha. Now, as you said, it's already been 6-months that he's inside the camp. I heard that mobile phones now are allowed inside the military but it depends on the base where you’re stationed. A lot of bases now have regular Internet access, although a lot of them (particularly those on the front line) do not have access. Completely free Internet access is generally not available, given the understandable security concerns. I was told that after the four-week basic training is over, the soldiers now are generally free to use the phone after the day's schedule is over. The Ministry of National Defense will distribute mobile phones to military barracks by the end of this year (2015). They will distribute one mobile phone for a group of eight to 10 soldiers in a barrack to share so that they could use it during free periods after working hours or during weekends. For security reasons, the phones will be programmed only to receive calls and will not be smartphones. The military explained that soldiers will be able to send text messages to ask their relatives to call them. The military plans to test-run the phone service in frontline units first before expanding it to other barracks nationwide. Until now, recruits can communicate with their family & loved-ones during weekends especially SUNDAY or on breaks through a letter – they could call but it’s a collect call. :P I hope the same thing, too - that by next year upon his discharge, we will hear about his future (drama/movie) project. :D

• Like 2

@willenette   Thank you  chingu  as always!!    I’m so glad to learn about this new change that happened in the military.   Unfortunately the change happened because of those tragic accidents.   Yup the  government  can no longer hide under the name of national security and ignore what happened in the military.   Now days  this new technology  has given some extra power to many ordinary folks and the government has to be mindful and should try to compromise  between the national security and soldiers’ well being  because people are making a lot of sacrifice for MS.   Well this new change  is not going to make us see him more often... sad  ttt      Have a good day

Hyuki girls   It’s been awhile since I posted  about ‘It’s Okay, Daddy’s Girl.  I know it’s not the drama which Hyuki fans feel excited about.  Even though he was the lead, it seemed PDnim wanted the main plot line  to be about the relationship between father and daughters.  The love line for the leads didn’t  start until after the middle of the drama. Still this drama  can be seen differently on Hyuki’s career lane.  

1: IODG was his first lead in the drama.  It meant he got some kind of break.  After INR he got the lead again in  the daily drama, MDTF which  garnered a good rating.  Yet afterward  his career seemed to move  backward  until he found a real big break with GFB.   

2: We know Hyuki  tried to reboot his career after Pasta .  He started  an exercise regimen.  He had his first fan meeting/fan gathering  which happened in a restaurant with a small group of people  and he( or his manger/or new manger?)  invited a blogger for the occasion to promote him. There is a video clip about it.  When I saw it first, I thought  Hyuki was meeting Japanese fans but it wasn’t so.  They were Korean fans. Hyuki has Japanese fans but they came during MDTF.  

3: Hyuki sang his first OST in the drama. 

EP2 It's Okay Daddy's Girl

DWOxLkE.jpg

0hWe9vU.jpg

j23o4bX.jpg

4CrKoPT.jpg

Dq01Ecf.jpg

no2onna.jpg

tGof8S7.jpg

xGVMHb6.jpg

GptEaxB.jpg

2MOutUo.jpg

hUBb4vs.jpg

Edited by booha
  • Like 3

This weekend is a Chuseok(추석) holiday (known as Korea Thanksgiving) which is a three day holiday. But this year it falls on the weekend so people get an extra day called a substituted day. It means that  2015 Chuseok has 4 days to be celebrated from September 26 – September 29, 2015.    

Chuseok  ((from wiki))

Chuseok (Korean: 추석),[1] originally known as hangawi (한가위 from archaic Korean for "the great middle (of autumn)"(한ᄀᆞᄇᆡ)), is a major harvest festival and a three-day holiday in Korea celebrated on the 15th day of the 8th month of the lunar calendar. Like many other harvest festivals around the world, it is held around the autumn equinox.

As a celebration of the good harvest, Koreans visit their ancestral hometowns and share a feast of Korean traditional food such as songpyeon and rice wines such as sindoju and dongdongju.

Read more:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuseok

LJd9Mo3.jpg

** The rabbit which WR let live     (hahaha)

Enjoy Chuseok

- eat lots.   It(rabbit) works hard making it.

mTJAmkS.jpg

cr to DC

Xts0GPZ.gif

Edited by booha
  • Like 5