Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

EDIT: RBH address

4th Fl Samsung Bldg. 242-3

EDIT: RBH address

4th Fl Samsung Bldg. 242-36 Nonhyeon-Dong. Gangnam-Gu. SEOUL, REPUBLIC OF KOREA 135-830

((서울시 강남구 논현동 242-36 삼성빌딩 4층 우)135-830  ))

Hello Hyuki girls  First  the army doesn’t accept any fan mail/package.  It checks out every mail and it returns any mail if it doesn’t look like a proper mail.  So we have to send to Red Brick House.   Probably JH’s manager/staff will handle all of his fan mails.  These fan mails are delivered to him when people visit him in the army or  Hyuki can see them when he has a pass to come home.  We know he will get to come home from time to time.  We saw him with his friend last week.   

Next I know this idea came to me but I have never done it myself like you girls.  So I thought about it some more.

Possibly this can be done individually or in a group.  In the military a soldier can’t have a smart phone or any phone.  I think some army bases  might have a computer facility (but not all of them) so that these soldiers can visit and use a computer for work related or after work for personal.  I posted previously some pictures about the army facility.  So if anybody wants to send something about one’s own country, it could be better with a packaged envelope which has postcards, information about the place and some other pictures( like screencaped image of YT videoperhaps??)    This is my vague/ general idea.  I’m sure there are many ways to do it.  I feel the important thing is that how to package about one’s country  well so that the other wants to know and read about it.   OR if this is too much work and effort, one can simply send postcards and some internet  links with a brief description perhaps??   

Hi booha, after training, they'll be given a leave or day-off for some days before they begin their military service. And after serving 100 days inside the army, they'll be granted another vacation for about 1-week to spend this with their loved-ones. There’s a standard 35 days of leave given to ordinary soldiers and have a maximum of 50 days of break. However, the 30 celebrity soldiers that were discharged after year 2010 had an average vacation that was 76.4 days. However, since last year, the special leave has been decreasing. Now the celebrity vacation leave is similar to ordinary soldiers. But special considerations are allowed for celebrity soldiers. The reason why celebrities receive more vacation days than ordinary soldiers is because they’re often required to participate in a wide variety of activities in promoting the Korean military overseas. Currently, well-known TV entertainers who are asked to participate in the military's public relations campaigns get more rewards. Under this system, the more events an enlisted man participates in, the more rewards he receives. This cause a problem to so many that’s why they’re considering ways now to make the system more fair.

:P

About phone, on the Day 1 inside the camp, all unnecessary items you brought in are returned back home. Prohibited items are mobile phones, MP3 & jewelries. Technology gadgets are not allowed in the military - this is also the reason why military restricts soldiers access to the public even to their family & loved-ones, causing concern among military leaders that high military secrets could be leaked. I read that now more than 500,000 males are enlisted. I heard that mobile phones now are allowed inside the military but it depends on the base where you’re stationed. A lot of bases now have regular Internet access, although a lot of them (particularly those on the front line) do not have. Completely free Internet access is generally not available, given the understandable security concerns. But, I heard now that after the four-week basic training is over, the soldiers now are generally free to use the phone after the day's schedule is over. :)

Hi celes, like you, during PP's airing, I wasn't able also to watch this drama continuously because of lacked of time. That's why, when I had the time recently, I tried to watch it again. “Pride and Prejudice” lawyers don’t find things as easy, making for a tense last episode. Nevertheless, what an ending! The show produces surprises until the last minute. Can the weak obtain justice against those more powerful? Dong-Chi has a different way of looking at it. Dong-Chi and Chief Moon do succeed and get a murder conviction. This is a GOOD drama. :P

• Like 3

Hello there @celes80 so you are now back to your home country.. Did you know that Polariscat will be meeting chelseab n Mei li in SG this end of May? Enjoy watching PP and looking forward to new posts at celesc.livejournal.com

@chaybags55 - yes, we're all meeting up in a few days. Can't wait! :) P.S. You should check out the blog, I've been updating it!
  • Like 3

In the previous posting I talked about a fan from NY who went out to Times Square after hearing CJH flew to NY.   I don’t know why but I thought her pictures were funny.  NY is a big place and Times Square is packed with people. Even if CJH went to the place since it’s a must visit for the tourist, the chance for her spotting him was very remote.  I have no doubt she knew that but she still went there because of this indescribable tugging.  haha    Here are the pictures she posted. I can imagine  as she weaved through this crowded place  thinking about him.   hehe  

"JHyukssi ~~~  where are you? "

KBaCABG.jpg

azhMNjr.jpg

t5aO6wy.jpg

nkrttt1.jpg

IslNVup.jpg

(** I add this one.)  B)

ToCXjJr.jpg

cr to DC

Edited by booha
  • Like 1

Hi @booha 

Wonderful idea and let us all introduce the places we are from!  Thanks for introducing Batu Caves in Kuala Lumpur. How ironic I used to design a tourism book for this place Batu Caves :D

Hidden Content

Or if you are interested to know more about Malaysia, please try the http://www.lonelyplanet.com/malaysia

Hidden Content

Hello a fellow, lonely planeter  hehehe  Since you posted that link, I can assume either you are a fellow spirit of  LP or  this is the company you worked for or none above but a random pick.   Just kidding  dear    I will be very happy to read more about  Malaysia- Lonelyplanet.  Thanks   I  have always thought  you would work at something related to art.  So you made the Batu Caves picture which you posted here.  I hope you are still working in a similar profession dealing with art/design.   Btw I read somewhere Buddha’s birthday  for 2015 was May25.   

dark WR & Buddha, not related  :P

AAQ7ar7.jpg  cr to DC

5Ou29C0.jpg

56JfhNc.png

Edited by booha
  • Like 1

Guest chaybags55

@celes80 @chelseab and @meili29 am sure your meet up would be fun.  When I met up @chelseab @ meili29 and jean thng last March ,our topic revolved around CJH and that was straight four hours whoaah.

Thanks for updates in your blog i will visit now ..

Hug and kisses to all hyukie ladies!!

Edited by chaybags55

@willenette    Dear chingu  Always grateful for all the information you gave to us.   Yes I forgot that you mentioned before about the first vacation after 100 days( about over 3 months period).  So he will get about one week of vacation.  Then you talked about reward points to get the extra days.  It would be nice if he gets more vacation time for him and his family.   But for us I know we will not get too many pictures of him for next two years.  I’m following KJJ and another actor.  Even KJJ with his high popularity as a pop idol, he can only show  limited pictures about his army life.  It was the same with the other actor who had fewer pictures available to the public and a long silence in between for his fans.    Soon new soompi members in this thread are going to see what happens to an actor in the military.    However I’m glad to hear these enlistees can have a mobile phone or something like that. I’m sure their internet access is limited but still better than none as before.   You know Korea is an extremely high wired society. It’s hard for me to imagine these youngsters can live like that   for two years.  Besides you know K-military doesn’t have enough money  to provide a lot of recreational activities for these young soldiers.  I read the life on the base can be tedious and boring. :(

I’m glad to hear you like PP.   I  enjoyed PP too.  I like rom-com but I also dig a certain kind of detective/crime solving drama.  This drama reminded me of the old classic, Murder on the Orient Express.   Why do I have the feeling you saw this movie too!!  haha   At the beginning I learned that this pdnim was so called in house pdnim.  But I didn’t know about his exact position till after PP I watched On Air 2008 and Worlds Within 2008.  It might be PP was his pet project which was approved by MBC with some elbow grease and arm twisting.    Soon  I have to watch it again.  Have a good day :)

w3wbPFE.jpg

cr to DC

• Like 2

@willenette    Dear chingu  Always grateful for all the information you gave to us.   Yes I forgot that you mentioned before about the first vacation after 100 days( about over 3 months period).  So he will get about one week of vacation.  Then you talked about reward points to get the extra days.  It would be nice if he gets more vacation time for him and his family.   But for us I know we will not get too many pictures of him for next two years.  I’m following KJJ and another actor.  Even KJJ with his high popularity as a pop idol, he can only show  limited pictures about his army life.  It was the same with the other actor who had fewer pictures available to the public and a long silence in between for his fans.    Soon new soompi members in this thread are going to see what happens to an actor in the military.    However I’m glad to hear these enlistees can have a mobile phone or something like that. I’m sure their internet access is limited but still better than none as before.   You know Korea is an extremely high wired society. It’s hard for me to imagine these youngsters can live like that   for two years.  Besides you know K-military doesn’t have enough money  to provide a lot of recreational activities for these young soldiers.  I read the life on the base can be tedious and boring. :(

I’m glad to hear you like PP.   I  enjoyed PP too.  I like rom-com but I also dig a certain kind of detective/crime solving drama.  This drama reminded me of the old classic, Murder on the Orient Express.   Why do I have the feeling you saw this movie too!!  haha   At the beginning I learned that this pdnim was so called in house pdnim.  But I didn’t know about his exact position till after PP I watched On Air 2008 and Worlds Within 2008.  It might be PP was his pet project which was approved by MBC with some elbow grease and arm twisting.    Soon  I have to watch it again.  Have a good day :)

cr to DC

​Hi booha, before, during the completion ceremony after the basic training, even the families & loved-ones were not allowed. The military has decided to allow conscripts to meet their family members at boot camps from May (2011). The Ministry of National Defense banned families from visiting conscripts during basic training in 1998 as a part of plans to make the latter adjust faster to their new environment. Before, the Army has extended basic military training for recruits  to eight weeks as part of measures to beef up military readiness against North Korea.  And recruits can communicate with their family & loved-ones during weekends especially SUNDAY or on breaks through a letter – they could call but it’s a collect call. Weekend religious activities are guaranteed!   Soldiers are banned from leaving a designated residence between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. without a commander’s permission and, needless to say, possessing private cell phones and wearing non-military clothing.

If you are junior, you are not allowed to do anything such as going somewhere, eating and talking by your own decision. You need permission or order to do it from the senior. Therefore eating secretly means they eat without permission in the toilet or something like that. Chocolate pie is a classic food in the Army.  Soldiers receive the complementary Choco Pie cookie every Sunday. I guess CJH is given a monthly allowance.......for their expenses inside the camp. During RAIN's time, he only get paid on $96 a month.

Hahaha - sorry, but you're wrong - I wasn't able to watch "Murder on the Orient Express" but I did watch the (2) dramas : On Air & Worlds Within mainly for Park Yong Ha & Hyunbin respectively. :P

• Like 3

@ell4u     Thank you for your effort but it doesn’t work.   The funny thing is someone who posted the link last night (us time) in **  and this morning it was deleted.  Just now that person posted that photo and already there are comments ( Since the person deleted it, it should be deleted too.  Sorry I’m talking about it in  vague terms)  So at this point we better wait until there is a clear signal that it is okay to post.  Besides at this point everybody had seen it one way or another.   However the weird thing about it is that daum to which I posted the link previously still has that photo in that site.    This  is  a so called official site yet It still kept this questionable photo.      Very confusing…  

​I think because of the military rules and other reasons.Someone had told me that when actor under tranning,they are not allow to show up by them self.That's why Jin Hyuk never appear to say hello.He might miss us too~So keep supporting him~~

• Like 2

Hyuki girls    Previously  the CJH official fan site, Real posted this note: [NOTICE WHILE ACTOR CHOI JINHYUK IS ON MILITARY SERVICE]   I read it again and it seems somebody didn’t make a clear translation.  On #1,  it should say “Please don’t do any fan activity (or fan messages) on CJH’s regiment home page (or webpage) or his regiment café ( like 30 division IG).”   It’s asking the fans to refrain from  posting  anything on the military home page or café site because those sites are for the soldiers and their family members and friends and relations.  So in the future if there is any photo of CJH from those sites like IG, we fans should refrain from posting messages even though our intentions are good, it might not be good for our guy.   I don’t know how this IG works but I saw someone asking permission for copy/repost??    Can someone repost it with permission in a different fan site and not a military site?   If anyone reads this posting, please tell other CJH fans about this issue.   Personally I would rather see Hyuki pictures in any of his fan sites along with comments/ heart signs.   The Real café says we can ask any question  to CJH fan café (Real)  about his military life or send a greeting.  I hope someone would ask the CJH fan café(Real)???? 

I’m posting again the message from the café. (posted 3/30)

[NOTICE WHILE ACTOR CHOI JINHYUK IS ON MILITARY SERVICE]

Dear All

This is the Real
It has been informed that Actor Choi Jinhyuk has joined the 30th Division army as of 31st March (Tue) at 2PM.
There are few things we would like to ask you to observe

1. Please be refrained from any webpage or internet cafe for Actor Choi Jinhyuk’s regiment.

Please be refrained from any webpage or internet cafe for Actor Choi Jinhyuk’s regiment. It could damage the life of other soldiers and their families who are at the same regiment with him if you send too many greeting letters or questions. If you have any questions or wants to leave letters to him, please leave it on official Fan cafe ‘the Real’

2. Please send any presents or letters to Red Brick House
If you send any presents or letters to Actor Choi Jinhyuk’s regiment directly, it may not be possible to send him directly or may return back. Moreover, too many presents and letters may cause the trouble in minding their own business and also not be able to store them. Therefore, please send it to Red Brick House and we will pass on to him safely when he comes back.

Red Brick House
14, Seolleung-ro 125-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Korea

You may feel sad but please send continous support and love to Jinhyuk who will be acting more actively after discharged from the service, 30th Dec 2016.

Thank you

───────────────────────────────────

[최진혁 군생활 관련 팬 안내사항]

안녕하세요.
배우 최진혁 공식팬카페 theReal 입니다.

3월 31일(화) 오후 2시, 최진혁씨는 육군 30사단 신교대로 조용히 입대했다는 소식을 받았습니다.
약 2년간 멋지고 씩씩하게 군생활 잘 마치고 돌아올 수 있도록 팬 여러분들의 지속적인 응원 부탁 드립니다.

입대 소식과 함께 많은 분들이 지켜주셔야 할 사항이 있어 안내 드립니다.

1. 최진혁 소속 부대 홈페이지 및 소속 카페 등 군 기관 사이트 활동 자제를 당부드립니다!

군 해당 기관 홈페이지 및 카페 등에 최진혁씨에 대한 질문과 메시지 게재를 최대한 자제 바랍니다.
최진혁씨를 향한 팬들의 높은 애정은 잘 알지만 많은 팬들의 질문공세 및 다량의 메시지 게재로 인해
함께 생활하는 다른 장병들과 가족들에게 피해가 발생할 수 있습니다.
이에 군생활에 대한 궁금증과 안부인사 등은 앞으로도 공식 팬카페 '더레알'을 통해 해주시길 당부드립니다.

2. 군 복무기간 중에도 선물과 편지는 레드브릭하우스로 보내주세요!

부대로 보내시는 선물과 편지는 최진혁씨에게 바로 전달이 어려우며, 반송 될 수 있습니다.
또한 다량의 선물과 편지는 보관이 어렵고 부대 내 업무처리에 피해를 줄 수 있으니
소속사 레드브릭하우스로 보내주시면 잘 보관하였다가 안전하게 전달할 수 있도록 하겠습니다.

레드브릭하우스 주소
- 서울특별시 강남구 선릉로125길 14 삼성빌딩 4층 레드브릭하우스 최진혁 앞
- 14, Seolleung-ro 125-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Korea

모든 팬들의 아쉬움이 크겠지만 2016년 12월 30일 제대 후에
더 멋진 모습으로 만나게 될 최진혁씨에게 변함없는 사랑과 응원 부탁 드립니다.

감사합니다.

───────────────────────────────────

EC OCM

2Z3UbhL.jpg

cr to DC

• Like 1

​@booha I am a newbie in Soompi,thanks for your sharing .With this,i have more photo can share with Malaysia fans~~

Hi May, good to see you here! I'm the admin of the CJH Global Fan Page in FB and we chatted for a while. 

• Like 2

10 K-drama men who look amazing in a suit

Kdrama_suits.png

In the world of K-drama CEOs, managers of multinational corporations, executives, and heirs, power suits in all their glorious variations are front and center. Some wear it with a patterned shirt or an interesting tie. Others skip the tie and go for a scarf, and others even still shed all formality and go for the unbuttoned, free, and caring look. Whichever way the suit is worn, these 10 stars pull off some amazing fashion portraying characters on different K-drama series, all of them exuding power and confidence.

(skipped unrelated.....)

10. Choi Jin Hyuk - Emergency Couple

EC.png

Choi Jin Hyuk proves how he can pull off any look in Emergency Couple. His character goes from wearing a formal wedding tux to wearing a lightly colored checkered suit jacket and open collared white shirt. These two suits are in stark contrast to each other, and yet they both look so good on him. Which look do you prefer?

source : dramafever

• Like 4

@willenette   Thank you for showing our handsome guy

I wish DF selected this photo for the article above. ("Which look do you prefer?")  I always like the feel of elegant aura. Accompanying the article (DF) was posted 1/31/2014 for EC.  I know we saw it before but...   ^_^

GUY CANDY: Choi Jin Hyuk is suave behind the scenes of Emergency Couple

8dzm07i.jpg

Korean actor Choi Jin Hyuk’s behind the scenes shots from Emergency Couple episode 1 have been released, proving he looks good rain or shine. Choi Jin Hyuk has shaken off his usual serious and heavy image while starring in the tvN drama Emergency Couple as the main male character Oh Chang Min. In this new drama, he shows an immature side by acting timid, sloppy and sometimes pretentious. However, he can't hide his super gorgeous appearance, which makes the photos from this drama look like they're from a fashion catalog.

NuharO7.jpg

In these new pictures, he shows off his prominent, handsome features while posing in a tuxedo and getting out a car in front of a church. While he stands in the pelting rain, we sense the tough charisma that makes us believe he has a sad story to tell.

Choi Jin Hyuk is shaking women’s hearts in his new drama, Emergency Couple. Make sure to tune in HERE for more.

http://www.dramafever.com/news/guy-candy-choi-jin-hyuk-is-suave-behind-the-scenes-of-emergency-couple-/

Edited by booha
  • Like 3

@willenette   Thank you for showing our handsome guy

I wish DF selected this photo for the article above. ("Which look do you prefer?")  I always like the feel of elegant aura. Accompanying the article (DF) was posted 1/31/2014 for EC.  I know we saw it before but...   ^_^

GUY CANDY: Choi Jin Hyuk is suave behind the scenes of Emergency Couple

Korean actor Choi Jin Hyuk’s behind the scenes shots from Emergency Couple episode 1 have been released, proving he looks good rain or shine. Choi Jin Hyuk has shaken off his usual serious and heavy image while starring in the tvN drama Emergency Couple as the main male character Oh Chang Min. In this new drama, he shows an immature side by acting timid, sloppy and sometimes pretentious. However, he can't hide his super gorgeous appearance, which makes the photos from this drama look like they're from a fashion catalog.

In these new pictures, he shows off his prominent, handsome features while posing in a tuxedo and getting out a car in front of a church. While he stands in the pelting rain, we sense the tough charisma that makes us believe he has a sad story to tell.

Choi Jin Hyuk is shaking women’s hearts in his new drama, Emergency Couple. Make sure to tune in HERE for more.

http://www.dramafever.com/news/guy-candy-choi-jin-hyuk-is-suave-behind-the-scenes-of-emergency-couple-/

​Hi booha, thanks for sharing this article from dramafever. NICE description of him here - "he shows off his prominent, handsome features while posing in a tuxedo and getting out a car in front of a church." - Not a recent article but I really appreciate you for sharing here with us. :P

• Like 2