Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

@booha...oh dear dear....i tried editing my previous post but couldn't SAVE...won't budge..Anyways, after complaining & all that whining...(sorry, never whined so much in my life)...i realised that it's all a BLESSING in disguise!!  Since they "insist on" taking me back in time, I jolly well go on a ride & be transported back in time - BACK TO THE FUTURE!! YAHOO!! I get to savour Oppa Jin Hyuk from the start!! Drooooool....Swooooon.....I've already begun! He looked GORGEOUS!!! Incredibly CHARMING!! .....I'm speechless!!  Falling in love all over again!!

• Like 2

CJH posed for Marie Claire Korea Weddings Issue (Aug 2013). In the last episode GFB,  everybody was reincarnated in the present.  So some fans wished  Kang Chi’s parents could be given a second chance too.  When I saw these pictures,  I thought that’s how GRW would look in present.   

Choi Jin Hyuk is a Dreamboat Groom for Marie Claire Korea Weddings Issue

Posted on August 28, 2013 by  ockoala

http://koalasplayground.com/2013/08/28/choi-jin-hyuk-is-a-dreamboat-groom-for-marie-claire-korea-weddings-issue/

I really can’t complain that Choi Jin Hyuk is everywhere these days thanks to his meteoric rise to stardom after toiling for years as the second or third male lead in K-dramas. I like but don’t love him, but his just released photo spread as a groom in the pages of Marie Claire Korea wedding edition is seriously like a chocolate covered carrot and me a bunny. Gimme gimme gimme! Good lord do I love a man in formal wear, and by jove this man looks phenomenal in a tux. I especially love that these pictures are all black and white and so old-school in poses and mood. When Choi Jin Hyuk first started his career, he went by his real name Kim Tae Ho, but a few years ago he changed his career name to Choi Jin Hyuk, right around the time he worked in It’s Okay, Daddy’s Girl with Moon Chae Won and Donghae. Asians can be quite superstitious with the auspiciousness of a name and I’ve personally known folks who legally changed their names at some point due to a fortune teller’s suggestion or just the thought that it could change their luck in life. For Choi Jin Hyuk, it clearly didn’t hurt since his career was on a pretty steady but slow rise after he changed his name, and then Gu Family Book with a secondary character of the Gumiho Daddy turned out to be the big break of a lifetime. I actually thought he deserved his big break after I Need Romance but it didn’t quite happen for him there. Now that he’s part of the sprawling cast for the highly anticipated Heirs, and playing an adult role and not quite needing to tussle with the rich high school kid characters of the rest of the cast, he might just get another chance to steal a bit of the spotlight. I didn’t love his character in GFB (Daddy Gumiho feel for a pretty girl on sight and got his immortal life screwed over) but I recall loving his character in INR. I’m also thrilled he gets his own love line with a favorite of mine Im Joo Eun, and I’m hoping their characters get married at the end of the drama so we can get the treat of seeing Choi Jin Hyuk wear a wedding tux in action.

http://couch-kimchi.com/2013/08/12/choi-jin-hyuk-in-cummerbands-bowties-for-marie-claire-weddings/

Choi Jin Hyuk In Cummerbunds & Bowties For Marie Claire Weddings

8FcLYnc.jpg

One of Korea’s “It” guys, Choi Jin Hyuk, is being dubbed as “The Romance Man” in a feature for Marie Claire Weddings.

He will definitely provoke those giddy, lovestruck feelings among readers with his black and white pictorial. He’s the ideal groom (or groomsman), as he’s impeccable in a number of tuxedos by famed fashion brands like Tom Ford, Dolce & Gabbana, Louis Vuitton, etc.

jJXiG5O.jpg

GSdYAcs.jpg

NiEaSLY.jpg

BP0H8zH.jpg

BgfI05J.jpg

ONlqM2w.jpg

• Like 2

fanmade D-WR

Aj754BY.jpg

cr to DC

@meili29      I’m sorry to hear about problems with the new soompi.  For myself I live in the US and solely use a laptop so I haven’t encountered many problems with the new soompi so far.  I realized why soompi  had to move into a different software system  even though it’s a massive task.  Now most people use soompi  through  smart phones which have so many different systems and I don’t think the old soompi  system could handle them.   It might be after awhile before this new soompi server irons out all wrinkles. 

So you went through some  early pages in this thread.  Of course his pictures were good but I also enjoyed immensely  seeing how excited the members were over this newly discovered actor.   Some were very intense and I could tell it from reading their postings.  A couple weeks before CJH/WR returning to GFB, I found GFB EP1&2 by accident from some review site.  Then I went to search about him and I found soompi.  I was on the side line and then at the end of July  CJH cancelled his twitter account and the next day I signed.  Yes I was very green about fangirling.  Since then it has been a very interesting journey due to his professional career which is like kdrama itself.   I can see how it got started.  He was 19/or 20 and he went to the military recruiting place with his friend to sign in.   His friend went as planned but CJH didn’t because he was spotted by a talent agent.   Then we know he met his first girlfriend and his whole life was sucked into this strange vortex.   By the time he got GFB, everything was in a cliffhanger because of his uncertain acting career, his family financial crisis and then his looming enlistment.   Normally when an actor has a break, his next move is signing in a drama as a lead  and meanwhile he will slowly look for CFs to secure his finances. But CJH couldn’t do it that way because of his enlistment.   It was a crazy roller coast for his fans with down(Heirs) and up(EC) and down(FTLY) and up(PP).   Yet I know if he went to the army with his friends, everything  would change and perhaps I  would never know there is soompi and etc etc…   His life and fate comingled and created a strange butterfly effect.   CJH said once how deeply his life was intertwined with his first girlfriend’s.      

• Like 4

@booha  Hey chingu!  Thanks a million again for all your hard work and effort the past 5 weeks - in keeping this thread alive & kicking, even in the midst of the migration exercise!!  You're just awesome @‌booha :D

Well, I think the system is slowly stabilizing, making it easier to catch up with updates on the "last page"!  Thanks!  Finally!

Oh, it was interesting reading your last post to me.  I am both amused and AMAZED!   Those bits of JH's life you so skillfully weave into your brief "write-up" sounded like a mini biography you're writing!   Or are you?...Are you planning on writing one???  LOL!!

I must say though, that I haven't done a great, great deal of research about him, even during the initial craze.  Yet, "getting involved" with his fans (from different walks of life) in the past year & also having been here in Soompi had made my ride so colourful! 

My journey with JH had been a slow & steady one.  I was reminiscing over how I first "got to know him"...And suddenly, I realized that it's been close to one year since I "first met him"...^_^  How time flies!

What had started as an idol craze had slowly developed into something else!  After learning so much about his life (in past one year), both professional & those private bits, I had begun to appreciate a lot more about what he had been through - much of which had caused me to feel a lot  for him.  Needless to say, some bits about his dark past had brought tears to my heart...:tears:  He had known much hardship!

Nevertheless, we all believe that all that had happened had strengthened him somehow. And we all know how he is appreciative of the blessings (the "ups") that God had placed in life's pathway for him up till now.

The same for us all...a reminder! :)  Let's all count our blessings once again!

:blink: It's way past midnight now and I've had a heavy week...so before I start to utter nonsense, I'd better bid thee adieu!  It's so nice to be back, writing feverishly again!  LOL!  I could go on but I guess I'll slowly "savour" this thread...as we continue to enjoy the company of ALL the hyuki gals!!!

p/s  One more thing...Wanna say "thanks!" for those Marie Claire pics. I've seen them in bits (as usual) but it's like another {elation overload} with your reposts!!!  Byeeeee for now!  So happy!  :wub:

• Like 2

@ell4u   @meili29   Thank you girls   I’m glad to hear you two read it.  huhu    I never thought a fangirling in soompi  caused me to practice writing.  I always like to read fiction/ or stories but the writing is a different matter.  Thankfully in soompi I have been able to practice it.   It’s slow progress but I’m happy to say I’m improving(??? cross my fingers)    hehe  

This gif is from one of his fans signing event.  From now on there isn’t going to be much  about new news/pictures of  him but still we have a ton of things from the past.    It will be a new experience:  to muse over muse in a past time frame. 

wjvfsa5.gifb2dyQcZ.jpg bamtol JHssi

I read somewhere that in the military, there is a chocolate pie for Sunday (perhaps as a treat/ we know CJH has a sweet tooth)   Some fans are missing him a lot!!!   Sorry it’s hard to translate but hopefully his cuteness comes through.

C7vqrbD.jpg

lxn67SX.jpg  

ua1XwcU.jpg   :wub::wub:

cr to DC

• Like 2

ell4u, me, I discovered him while watching LMH's drama, "The Heirs". I asked myself, wahhhh.....who is he? He's good-looking. So, I tried to search about him & also landed in this thread. I've been a member of soompi since 2005.....& the rest is history - hahaha. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3

So what happened to Hyuki picture… T____T    oh well   It looks like once again I will have to drag my butt onto  this well familiar patience-stone.  I’m sure soon or later there will be light and the REAL photo of Hyuki will be revealed.   hehe    Meanwhile I’m posting this picture again and JH friend’s picture in  which he now stands by himself  (link: https://instagram.com/p/2xdTxUGNWI/?taken-by=yohanpark581 )       But we can imagine who stands right there outside of the camera range or maybe not … 

(It was a bit crazy morning though.) ( still here :wub:  http://cafe.daum.net/theReal )

** He posted 3/14/2015

6b1KnpX.jpg

cr to DC

Edited by booha
  • Like 2

Guest chaybags55

how are you hyuk girls! just drop by to say hello. am afraid my day is not complete without taking a glimpse here.

Have a nice day everyone!

hi there.. let me repost the most recent pic of our man in instagram ( he is in white and has gained weight since his last pic).. i think it was taken when he had a break from his initial training ( may 17). Ill try to put it under hide as it was deleted by the uploader.. its my 1st attempt of a repost so im not sure if its working

https://instagram.com/p/2xWN5_D9Qf/?taken-by=love_ririka

Edited by ell4u
  • Like 2

@ell4u     Thank you for your effort but it doesn’t work.   The funny thing is someone who posted the link last night (us time) in **  and this morning it was deleted.  Just now that person posted that photo and already there are comments ( Since the person deleted it, it should be deleted too.  Sorry I’m talking about it in  vague terms)  So at this point we better wait until there is a clear signal that it is okay to post.  Besides at this point everybody had seen it one way or another.   However the weird thing about it is that daum to which I posted the link previously still has that photo in that site.    This  is  a so called official site yet It still kept this questionable photo.      Very confusing…  

He gave this interview on the last day he shot for GFB.  It’s really the first time  I saw him outside of his character.   He wasn’t part of the main cast so he didn’t have many making videos.  In this video he is a bit more flirtatious than any of his other interview videos. (his expressions/rather soft tone of his voice )    It could be this was his first interview after a big break with GWR and he was little shy/ or timid.  Or since he just came from the shooting he was still in the WR character with WR hair and WR wardrobe.   Nonetheless it’s fun to watch many of his flirting expressions.   PS  I was shocked by how tall he was.  He was like a long pole swaying around. 

** This one also has Chinese sub

[interview]Good bye WolRyung (월령) Choi Jinhyuk (최진혁) (6/20/2013)

cr to uploader

(translation)

(013) [Q Mystical spirit,  one thousand years old evil,   Gu Wol Ryung ;  Are you aware of your recent popularity?]    CJH “ At the present, I don’t actually know how much popularity I’m getting.  But I feel honored that lots of people have shown interest in the GWR character and liked it.”  (030) “During other interviews, I heard about it which made me feel embarrassed sometimes.” (033) “I still feel awkward hearing about it  but nonetheless I feel greatly thankful and appreciated.”  

(035) [Q, What is the most attractive thing  about GWR?]  CJH “Personally I feel almost all of GWR’s scenes in EP1&2 were very well made.” (044) “ I like each of  the scenes.”  (049) “Especially when GWR was running,  I like the sound of bells which were attached to his shoes.”   (059)“There are many attractive things about GWR but I feel the most cool thing  about him is that he gave up his thousand-year  life for one woman.  He gave up his immortality to be wedded to her.”  (112) ...

(123) [Q While playing  a character who lives thousands of years? ]   CJH “I felt burdened about doing it. Through acting I had to show  the character who lived over thousands of years  so I spent a lot of time worrying.”   (144)“ I thought about the way his eyes appeared because they would be different than human eyes.  His character would have more depth.  I gave a lot of thought about the concept in GFB.”

(154) [Q  Is your complexion darker in general?]  CJH “Normally I prefer a darker complexion especially on the face.”  (203) "But I have a white complexion so I do tanning.”   (206)“For the dark WR, as the writernim stressed on his sex appeal, I thought he looked better with a tan so I tried to look darker.”

(220) [Q  Outside wearing saguk wardrobe,  what is your normal dress?]  CJH “Normally I just wear training clothes.  Even when I came to the shooting locations, I wore training clothes about 80% of times.”  (284)“So if I had some other schedules and wore different clothes, the staff pointed out   ‘Wow What happened to you today? Why do you dress up like that?’”

(240) [ Q CJH’s personality?] CJH “I am rather direct.  To a strong person I want to act strongly.”  (244)“(mumbling  & hesitant voice) I don’t know I should say this.  If I see a strong minded person,  I don’t want to lose ( /or I feel competitive).”  (253)“I’m a bit unconventional sometimes”  (259)“I have a lot of affection/feeling.    I also have a lot of tears. I am vulnerable regarding affection.”  (307)“Anyway I have many different aspects in my personality. So it’s hard for me to describe all of them.  No it isn’t like having a multiple personality.  haha”

(327)  (deep sigh about the ending) CJH “Ah ha!..  Now the drama is finally coming to the end. For me this drama is a very special one.”  (336)“ I learned a lot about acting from it.”  (343)“The drama makes me very emotional.”  (346)” I am glad nobody got hurt while making GFB. It seems we had smooth shootings and I feel thankful.”  (357)“And it got  good ratings so I am happy about it.” (402)   “Because a lot of people gave so much love to the GWR character, I feel very  grateful.”  (409) “In the future I will be meeting you again in a movie or a drama   and I will try to show a better me as an actor. “ “Gamsahabnida”

Edited by booha
  • Like 1

@chaybags55   @ell4u

Hi Hyuki girls  I saw today JH’s dance video clip posted by  @ell4u .   Even though the screen was fuzzy I was happy to see it.  It was so nice to read all those comments from Hyuki fans.  Also seeing  familiar names of  soompi members made watching it more pleasant.  It felt intimate. Thanks.  I feel bad I haven’t signed in IG but as I mentioned before,  I only have  time and energy enough for soomping.  Sorry girls.     PS Whenever you see any interesting videos/photos,  please please post them here and share with others.   It doesn’t matter what it is  because in soompi everything is about sharing and enjoying together. 

LSU0ijO.jpg

cr to DC

Edited by booha
  • Like 3

By chance I found a written text of drama dialog for MDTF in the official site. So I decided to give it a try and I selected this video clip. Translating a drama dialog was a different experience and it was slow even with a written text.   However I might try it for awhile. 

(translation)

최진혁 진세연 눈물포옹,우리만 살수있는곳으로 떠나자(89회,주요장면)

https://youtu.be/jicSi2xEbRc

(006)k:You are acting this way, but how about me.   (013) I’m scared and frightened too.  (018) You don’t know how scare I am to live in the world without you. (028) I don’t want to break up like this way too.  (032)But you know I have no choice.

(047) S: Listen carefully, Yang Kkot-nim.   (050)Whoever is my father, whoever is my mother,  I’m never parted with you.   (108)Let’s just go far away.   (114)Let’s go somewhere with no one around. (145)Yang KKot-nim.  (149)Promise me. (151)You will stay with me. (200) I know.  (202)How my father has lived.  (209)Also how your mom has lived.  (215)I know what I am to them.  (219)But at the moment you are the reason I want to live.   Yang KKot-nim.  You are the one.  (230) You know it, right?  (233)So don’t tell me to end it.

(245)k: If I have to work harder or I have to endure more so that it can be fixed,  I will try and endure even 10 or 20 years.   (256)But you know it isn’t like that.

(300) S: So?   Do you want to end it after all?

(306) K: I have to go home. (308)I think mom is waiting for me a lot since yesterday.

(311) S: Yang KKot-nim.  

(313) K: I don’t want to pretend as if there is another way.  

(315)S: I told you no.

(318)K: So are you going to sever your blood relation?

(321) S:What is the big deal about the blood relation?  (324)For the last 30 years we lived as strangers then one day this so called blood relation dropped in us.  So what? 

(329)K: Don’t talk that way.  (331)You know well how heartbroken they have been the last 30 years.

(335)S: I had pain in the last 30 years too. (339) I have lived with so many wounds!

(342)K: That’s why  now on you should live inside of  your parents’ fence and be loved by them. 

(348)S:So?  (350)You are going to let go of my hand after all, do you? 

(355)K:  I'll go first.

(359)S: If you leave now, you will never see me again. (404)Yang KKot-nim. I said to you that you would never see me again.

ZUVO4wq.jpg

IAqJ57P.jpg

Edited by booha
  • Like 4

let me try to repost again (wanted to put it under hide though but i cant find the eye this time) .. i cant resist the urge to share with you guys as our man is so manly.. hehe

credit to uploader..

Edited by ell4u
  • Like 1

@ell4u    Dear you deleted the picture.  Sad…    But thank you for posting even for a few hours.  It made me happy and I was going to write big pompom letters for it.  hehe

pqAV6kp.png

kWd9p0l.png

b6zf2J7.png

D8Tqb8g.png

3AhuF0e.png

Here are some more pictures from PP EP10: 

“That’s a big problem, since I see you as my woman.” 

2ooIAUF.jpg

KjluBxA.jpg

N2eDtzC.jpg

wTIMYWN.jpg

e3qeI5h.jpg

RSWvX4Q.jpg

2NpWd3B.jpg

cr to DC  

• Like 1

Hello ladies so happy to be able to post again.  :w00t: Need to get used to the new adjustment :sweatingbullets:  Just drop by to say "hi"

A BIG THANKS to @booha for your wonderful effort in keeping this thread fresh everyday  and all the lovely ladies for your continuous support!  :wub:

• Like 4

Hello ladies so happy to be able to post again.  :w00t: Need to get used to the new adjustment :sweatingbullets:  Just drop by to say "hi"

A BIG THANKS to @booha for your wonderful effort in keeping this thread fresh everyday  and all the lovely ladies for your continuous support!  :wub:

​A big hello to you and your new avatar.  Nice to see you back.   Hopefully everything is okay.  Then of course I had to check out your  KL-Mala in google and I found this one place showing a lot of pictures so it must be the place any visitor has to go and see.   I got couple of links about the place and I will read about them later.  Take care

1:  1 Day in Kuala Lumpur (http://www.escapetraveler.com/1-day-in-kuala-lumpur/ )

fVE9QXR.jpg  h8CLOnw.jpg

2: http://journals.worldnomads.com/missy_carrie_gee/story/53353/Malaysia/Kuala-Lumpur-Malaysia-rocks

• Like 3