Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

So this is our permanent soompi home.   Hopefully our temp postings will find their way into here soon. I could see some of you left the new/old postings just before soompi went for migration. 

** Hyuki girls  Now he finished the training part and he must be given a new assignment which is going to be his job for the next 20 months.  For the next two weeks, instead of doing real work duty,  he will be preparing for the new job and learning about the place and getting acquainted with new base buddies.     Some of his fans know  about his new posting(??) but they prefer to wait till there is an official announcement about it.  Mercifully it will be a short wait. 

eI4PdDa.gif         8F2YcR5.gif 

cr to DC

• Like 1

Guest chaybags55

omg @booha m afraid i will have to familiarize with this new soompi hope its  more friendly to users!

Edited by chaybags55

Guest chaybags55

@chaybags.... I noticed my avatar is gone

oh yes and about avatar dora with the whole body original i face only and one  big eye oh what happened??

Guest chaybags55

oh yes and about avatar... Mine was changed too. What happened?

Edited by chaybags55

Guest chaybags55

oh yes and about avatar dora with the whole body original i face only and one  big eye oh what happened??

Guest chaybags55

Guest chaybags55

Edited by chaybags55
Twice posted

Hi everyone.. came here to check on the new soompi forum.. my..my...I'm a bit lost..cant find my precious inbox.. my list of favorites.. and yes @chaybags55 the explorer dora is gone.. i noticed even @Yeekrfan2's avatar  as our thread starter is gone.. and im experiencing a lot of lags to soompi forum.. i hope everything will be fixed though.. im enjoying all the pics of our man at instagram.. i wish we can share it here..

• Like 2

Guest chaybags55

Sorry folks for my repeated postings. I try to delete but I can't , guess is part of the familiarization process haha. Have a nice day everyone!

Sorry folks for my repeated postings. I try to delete but I can't , guess is part of the familiarization process haha. Have a nice day everyone!

Hello DoraHyuki    I want you to know I like very much your new dora.  It has your lively and perky personality.   Btw Did you try to edit it  by erasing it with a backspace key and then typing in a different comment?  

Edited by booha

Guest chaybags55

Hello DoraHyuki    I want you to know I like very much your new dora.  It has your lively and perky personality.   Btw Did you try to edit it  by erasing it with a backspace key and then typing in a different comment?  

​thanks for the tip. i  will try that next time chingu! I like my new name DoraHyuki and thanks for liking the new Dora , soompi did that for me ( without my permission haha) 

From Lee Tae Hwan Instagram posted  month ago( https://instagram.com/leetaehwan0221/ )

(translation)

Proud JH hyoung, joining to protect the Republic of Korea!!   The important thing is one’s health!!  Don’t get sick and hurt & Pray you will come back safely after successful military service!! Waiting for you diligently!!  I will visit you~~^^

6U34nac.jpg

tNVJMO1.jpg  

Zig58bR.png

OrP7oUa.jpg

cr to DC

Edited by booha
  • Like 4

hello...testing...testing...

Hello chingu chingu   hehe  Nice to hear your knocking    Well I found out most of my old pictures turned back to the links in this new soompi.  Fortunately I found out that  all I have to do is click on ‘EDIT’ and then ‘SAVE’,   the pictures are returned.   It’s a good thing this thread is hibernating.  I’m posting this new video so enjoy!!  

육군 싸이 젠틀맨 패러디 '젠틀병' / PSY-Gentleman R.O.K Army Parody GentleSoldier (published 5/14/2013)

jbJljdj.jpg

Edited by booha

** The military is a closed organization.  Because of the internet it’s much more open than before but ‘things that happened in the army stayed in the army’ mantra is still  true.  I read that there was a survey about between basic training and  being a regular recruit after the training  and which one was harder for a recruit.   Surprisingly most of them chose the latter.  Even though the basic training part is difficult, everybody there is a trainee and they are on the same level.  However in the military,  the seniority and the ranking system is absolute.  So when one gets a permanent assignment,  his life for the next two years will be dictated by chance, like who the squadron leader is and who the base mates are and where the base is located etc.     For example, by chance if the other base mates have been there recently, then one gets stuck in the bottom rank for a long time.  In the military there are plenty of unpleasant tasks and usually it’s the lower ranking one who has to handle them.  

I found this blog called ‘army story by Armynuri’ which talks about things related to or happening in the army.   This posting shows what happens to a recruit after he finishes his basic training and before he gets the first leave to home.   Right after the completion of the basic training one is assigned to the unit which he is going to serve in his remaining army time.  But for the first two weeks one doesn’t do actual work but rather spends time learning about his new surroundings. (** It’s more like a government sanitized promotional parade but still shows some aspect of an army life.)

source: http://armynuri.tistory.com/944

OyvdUei.jpg

1 introduction of a new arrival and his future basemates  (** imagine they could be HJ’s new base buddies.  )

q9QtMV7.jpg

“The tv show about the army showed  frequently about the military seniors playing a game on the arrival of the first recruit.   Is it still happening?   The private, Park-da-ham seems a little nervous.”

Xon54yB.jpg

4uxZ9b9.jpglgkshhN.jpgIWH9Kvj.jpgDxjBKHv.jpg

2 unpacking his army bag & mentor(squad commander) aside

( It’s part of an army drill:  making a clean/neat line. )

SIW2QGK.jpg

mi9gWrN.jpgqDFkRKI.jpg

hVwl3n9.jpgwA69NNc.jpg4TRzDvV.jpg

3 a group photo  

evsgg8H.jpg

4  walking around with a mentor

rx61EaK.jpgEb8Zyjb.jpg

5  computer room

srlWhaE.jpgoZoiZMa.jpg0izZrpt.jpg

6 PX place (  A trainer doesn’t have time to visit a place like this.  With so many snacks, everybody is gaining back all the weight lost during basic training.  )

B2aENdc.jpgpIOlsUT.jpg

EdobcD.gif

7 recreation facility: Billiards, table tennis, karaoke, a games room, library, gym

Af6njPU.jpgXDubNg5.jpgZBdAK15.jpg

8 meeting with a platoon leader and company commander & a guide book for the transferred recruit

q4CpEbQ.jpg42WmPJY.jpg

7PFfREx.jpgzyQAPGz.jpgWCSj1Fl.jpg

2BTh11c.jpg7MNBsXh.jpg

jDLLOFM.jpg

9  Fighting, private Park-da-ham

AstHhV4.jpg

8cC748D.jpg

Edited by booha
  • Like 1

@booha  Hi!  Phew!  It's taken me ages to get here!!!...on mobile. No success on my laptop. They keep reverting me to the start...& when I typed page 435, it just won't budge.  Arrrgh!  Tried that for days now...but same problem.  HEEEEE....LP!  

• Like 1