Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

After I finished watching this show. We knew that Choi Jin Hyuk is handsome. I think he's also a beautiful person, quite sensitive though. Now I understand why he acts and expressed his feeling so well. ^^
lovesong110819h264720ph.jpglovesong110819h264720ph.jpg

Hi hi guys! :) I'm a new member here and its my very first post in soompi.  :D I have been a silent reader for quite a while and have watch this thread grow from 5 or 6? (can't remember  /:) to now 24 pages! You guys are so awesome in making this thread grow! :D I don't think i can contribute much to this thread but i will be reading your posts frequently. :)

@anannanann Yes of course! I would love to share with you guys too. :) But i won't be posting frequently because of school. :( Its supposed to be my holidays now but I have to spend time during this holidays to complete piles of mountain high homework and going back to school frequently.  :(( Oh btw, CJH is my new bias and I have always found myself smiling at his pictures often and being so excited when there are scenes of his in GFB! :DOh thank you for those pictures and cuts of CJH you have posted here. :) And @Mishiellie thank you for taking over this thread and posting wonderful stuff of him. Btw, I'm also a Joo Won fan. Looking forward to his next drama, green mass. :)

Guest Mishiellie

Arghh i cant go on soompi for some reason on my computer... I had an translated article from last month to post... Title is Choi jin hyuk will give up acting if he doesn't portray character of wol ryung well Grrrr. I guess ill post in the morning P.s OMGG CJH NEW HIGH CUT PICTURES... SOOOOO FREAGIN HOTTTTT

Guest Mishiellie

@yuuqiikeke HI THERE!!! Welcome and thank you for delurking hahaha. Pls come and spazz with us when you have time! I myself too has been super busy with my full time job. Can only translate articles or make gif during weekend... Ya when i took over this thread it was only 3 pages and thread was still under his old name which was kim tae ho Nice to see new faces here >:D< And yes!!! I cant wait for JW's new drama!! And of course Heirs as well

Guest Mishiellie

No i will not give up... Going to try soompi again on my computer before sleep >:P
edit:
YAY!! IT WORKED!! SEE ARTICLE BELOW! 

Guest Mishiellie

** This Article was around May 15th.. Just got it translated now**
[인터뷰] 최진혁, “구월령 소화 못하면 연기 그만둘 생각했다”…【采访】崔振赫,"如果演不好九月灵,打算不再演戏"
[interview] Choi Jin Hyuk, "If I can't act Gu Wol Ryung well, I won't plan to act anymore"

d833c895d143ad4ba0db098e83025aafa50f0682

An attractive appearance of a tall 186cm built plus gentle baritone voice. An actor with a physical outlook like this that makes people envious. However, he has always been unfamiliar to the masses. A person like him, whom after getting involved with 'Gu Family Book', has raised his awareness for the first time in 7 years. 
Is there an actor who can cause such an impact with his existence in merely 2 episodes? CJH won numerous hearts not with a human character, but rather a mystical creature. For the woman he loved, he picked peaches, gave flowers, caught butterflies and even abandoned immortality; incurring risk of turning into a thousand year demon just to be human. How not to love a passionate and devoted Gu Wol Ryung?  
The burden felt by CJH during the filming of 'Gu Family Book' was beyond imagination. Sharing his woes, he confides, "Basically I couldn't sleep and eat." This was especially so as the fictional character of Gu Wol Ryung had to be acted in a specific manner, causing him immense burden. "I was troubled if Gu Wol Ryung was to convince viewers within 1 or 2 episodes. My acting experience is not long, therefore I had greater stress." "Though this is not my first time acting in a saegeuk, it is my first time playing a central character. The story is about the half-human half-beast Choi Kang Chi but Gu Wol Ryung was catalyst; this was very stressful for me as an actor. I've never felt so troubled, I thought to myself many times midst filming if I really did lack acting quality."
Though in the past 7 years of walking down the acting path CJH has never had criticisms, yet in actual fact viewers had been looking upon him with concern. He agrees, "This is natural as in terms of recognition I was an 'oldie-newbie' who never got acknowledged. I have a frog-like personality plus a tenacity to fight and change others' knowledge of me. I tried very hard and thought that if feedback wasn't good, I'd give up acting."  
However, CJH has dispelled all worry this time round with 'Gu Family Book' becoming a 'broad walk of opportunity'. Laughing bashfully, he shares, "Lee Yeon Hee and I have a need for urgency. Our mindset of wanting to do well is very strong. I have been surfing the web for news (about GFB) and the feedback from viewers have indeed become more favorable. Occasionally I get recognized on the streets now; they will point at me and say it's Gu Wol Ryung."  
CJH was able to meet with the role of Wol Ryung all thanks to PD Shin Woo Chul's recommendation. "From the second half of last year the actors and their managers have been discussing about the drama. Subsequently a formal offer was made to me and after reading the script I found it to be very interesting." He added on saying, "Initially the public opinion was that 'Gu Family Book' would not be successful as the story is too cliche. However after seeing the reactions of the public I got a shock instead. I do feel that the drama will do well." Recalling his experience auditioning for 'Secret Garden', CJH explained the story behind joining the Gu team. "At that time I felt that 'Secret Garden' will be a hit too, and so with 'Gu Family Book' there was that same level of trust. I wanted to participate in this project; I love the character Gu Wol Ryung the most." 
So what exactly did PD Shin see in CJH that reminded him of Gu Wol Ryung? At the mention of this question CJH turns shy. "I haven't been able to ask as I'm scared of being scolded (laughs).""The PD hoped that Gu Wol Ryung could have an illusion of being huge. He wanted the character to emit an aura of greatness, have a warm heart and a virtue of being tolerant." 
Though it takes acting to show the character's emotional state and inner feelings, in order to portray a mystical creature realistically, appearance is also important. "In the second episode Gu Wol Ryung manifested into his animal form and his true self is appalling. The makeup process wasn't too long, those for the face were done quickly. But tiny hairs had to be stuck on my hands and arms. In total the entire duration would take about 3 hours or so." Sharing the difficulties of transforming into a mystical creature, CJH said that his back hurt quite a bit as he had to seat on chairs that did not have backings while doing his makeup.   

0bd162d9f2d3572c8e712e928b13632763d0c3e9

Besides CJH, there is another person who cemented the foundation of 'Gu Family Book's story - Lee Yeon Hee. "Previously we did not know each other at all, All of this was the result of our joint efforts. I was filled with ambition wanting to show everything that I could within that 2 episodes. Lee Yeon Hee had the same ambition of wanting to act well. Thus both wanted to get to know each other quickly. We became fast friends after exchanging numbers. Lee Yeon Hee is more approachable than I expected her to be."  

"At the beginning our relationship was unfamiliar and we didn't match up in terms of chemistry immediately. But we had strong ideals of wanting to do well."We wanted to convey the cute and heart-wrenching sides of Wol Ryung's and Seo Hwa's love story to the audience. We also felt that in order for the male and female lead's story to progress naturally, our story needed to leave a lasting impression."

To build chemistry with his costar CJH continued ongoing efforts to make their partnership work, his will and hard work becoming the greatest form of encouragement. To bring the character Gu Wol Ryung to life, he stresses on the importance of immersing himself in the role. "At the beginning many things were awkward for me - tone of my voice and the way I looked on camera. Everything seemed unnatural. That's why I think that the Gu Wol Ryung in episodes 1 and 2 were not the most realistic. But since the scripts and scenes had a lot of impact, they made up for the flaws."

"As I had too much ambition towards the role myself, it was even more contrived. I wanted to use role-immersion (at the highest level) to surpass that contrived feeling. I thought that as long as I was engaged in the role seriously the mushy dialogue and awkward scenes will turn out natural." "The dialogue "Don't touch her, she's my woman" was awkward as hell for me. However when it came to filming I completely got engaged in the role and treated it like the woman I loved was really tied up in front of me. As compared to what I had previously envisioned, our sincerity did end up coming through."

"My style is not the kind who will immerse in the role during script readings. I'm the type, who after confirming the situation and observing it, will get into the role. Till today when I do script readings I have a tendency to believe that I will do much better during filming. Despite that, when it came to 'Gu Family Book' I wondered if it would be the case. Actually, everyone is human. It is difficult to be immersed fully 100% in a role. But as long as there is maximum focus and concentration in it, you will overcome any awkward feelings unwittingly."

CJH's hard work have indeed been brought to screen. Lines such as "Don't touch her, she's my woman" and "Why? I loved you so much" that shows Gu Wol Ryung's great love and devotion have been embedded deep in the hearts of female viewers. To this, CJH heaves a sigh of relief. "I had thought to myself that it would be an absolute failure if I hadn't been able to capture their hearts. Thank goodness many liked it (smiles bashfully)."  

----------END------------

Original Article: Reviewstar

Chinese Translation by Kimcunmae of 崔振赫百度贴吧 (CJH Baidu Bar)

English Translation by @daydreamsindecember of Soompi  (THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH D  for helping me translate this looonnnggg article!!!! :x )

Guest Mishiellie

anannanann said: Pictures from this article are so cute.... ^-^
He wrote this article himself and it's part 1.. means may be more... ^^

[최진혁] 1부. 벼랑 끝에서 ‘구월령’을 만나다

http://www.nemopan.com/7278914

10994840.jpg6456456.jpg

Thanks @screambyscared for your avatar ... I saw these. ^^

Guest Mishiellie

class="content-title" style="text-align: center; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Choi Jin Hyuk Pierces Hearts with “High Cut”
Choi Jin Hyuk Pierces Hearts with “High Cut”

For the June issue of “High Cut” magazine, actor Choi Jin Hyuk shows off his muscular and sexy body in a new photo spread.

The pictorial’s theme was “Dark Wol Ryung,” Wol Ryung being the character Choi Jin Hyuk protrays on MBC’s current historical-fantasy drama, “Gu Family Book.” While these pictures show the actor in modern and casual clothes, Choi Jin Hyuk keeps the dark and charismatic aspect of his drama character. In particular, the actor’s muscular arms in the tank top and short-sleeve shirt grab the attention of readers, as well as his intense gaze.

The interview conducted in conjuction with the pictorial had the actor talk about the end of the drama and also gave him a chance to thank his fans for all the positive support he has been receiving. You can check out the full interview in the June issue of “High Cut” magazine.

choi jin hyuk high cut

choijin hyuk high cut

Source: Soompi 

Omoooo.. I'm just now to see it guys, sory dear! @anannanann your video NICE to me and @Mishiellie the interview were you posted there so SUPER Fantastic Baby! kekekekek woowwwww He's so cool, very handsome :x thanks for share guys,, you two, must to get this :tumblr_lgn5y782xQ1qfil53o1_500.gif
gambar-ilustrasi-pasangan-berpelukan.jpg
Are you like it? kekekekek :))

Guest Mishiellie

@screambyscared 
awwwwwwwww THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M GLAD YOU LIKE THEM 
I mainly post translations of articles and my gifs of CJH  and of course.. spazzing comments hahaha  

Guest Mishiellie

@yuuqiikeke it's ok if you can't make gifs or translate! Visiting here and helping the thread grow is enough.. Its your love that counts heehee