Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

Hi everyone. :heythere:I have never been here and stopping by because I just watched CJH's segment in My Ugly Duckling and feels like checking the thread if anyone watched it too. It was quite obvious he is new with this sort of variety show because the regular cast will tend to talk out loud even when alone just to express things but he did not do it. Nevertheless, it was a really fun segment and I am looking forward for more of his segment. I really hope he will become regular cast in the future.

The PD really trying to set up Hwasa - Twit as his theme song and I live for all his handsome idiot moments. :Megalol:

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

@gm4queen  :waves:

@partyon     @Min2206  

Okay now Viki has eng subs for CJH’s show.  It’s good to know the rating went up (15.8%, up 2.1% from the previous episode) especially for CJH’s segment (18.6%)  yeay  :blush:
I read he will appear in the show continuously but it didn’t mention how long…

I said CJH had 3 refrigerators but I forgot about another one, the kimchi refrigerator where he kept the preordered ice coffees.   Mymy CJH has 4 refriges.   Bachelor’s  ultimate dream wish, having 4 refriges which someone fills from top to bottom with delicious food.    And a home gym next to his bed; Tae Hang Ho said  that luxury was only for an unmarried man.   CJH seemed to agree with it.  Meaning no wife will tolerate that a bed and a gym cohabitate in the same space?? Lol  :lol:

Another surprise; He doesn’t know how to play a guitar?!!   Wow  he faked it in MDTF.  What a bummer  I used to watch that video clip of him playing a guitar so many times. :sleepy:

In the article( I will try to translate it soon)   CJH confessed he was nervous about filming for the show.  I know he had many sleepless nights before filming as he is a very private person.   I could feel his awkwardness but fortunately he began to relax a bit when Tae Hang HO and Lee Joong Ok came.
So a silly man  After all he’s an actor. He should pretend he was in a drama.  hehe :mrgreen:

@Min2206  Oh yeah that’s ramen he’s cooking   The reason he has  4 refriges (yes I forgot one more) is that he doesn’t cook much/or he only can cook a few things so his mom fills them with food.  lol  :sipsboba:

@partyon   The video(you posted) is a preview about the interview which CJH has with the person from ‘The Anti-Corruption & Civil Rights Commission’ (ACRC)     I assume it will be some kind of promotion for the agency.   In MQ BongHwan reported to the agency about the corruption. 

10 hours ago, kdramagrandma said:

Hi everyone. :heythere:I have never been here and stopping by because I just watched CJH's segment in My Ugly Duckling and feels like checking the thread if anyone watched it too. It was quite obvious he is new with this sort of variety show because the regular cast will tend to talk out loud even when alone just to express things but he did not do it. Nevertheless, it was a really fun segment and I am looking forward for more of his segment. I really hope he will become regular cast in the future.

The PD really trying to set up Hwasa - Twit as his theme song and I live for all his handsome idiot moments. :Megalol:

Hello hello glad you watched CJH’s segment.  What an experience for me.  He did appear in some talk shows before so I thought I knew what he was like in person but this show made me my mouth drop. Omg  I guess the most of my image/impression about him may have been from the characters he played.

Still I am delighted to see he seems to be a lot more sweet/gentle in person.   Also I could sense some vulnerability in him too.   Maybe he wasn’t used revealing himself to the public so he felt insecure during filming.  :expressionless: 

6zr99hJ.jpg

9LI1nt9.jpg

cr to DC

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 2

@booha I just saw his face on the thumbnail while scrolling mindlessly and got curious. I think the only time I watched him outside of drama was a talk show with Kang Ho Dong and snippet in The Return of Superman during William and Ben's segment. I am not really expecting I'll be laughing a lot but he was totally hilarious but in a way feel quite relatable. Who in their right mind puts dirty laundry on the floor just because of oil splatter, and there was even white cloths among those. :Fist1:But then he is just like other people who might do stupid things too.:crazymad:

He was definitely unsure on what he can show on camera and what he should do throughout the filming session. He is still figuring out what kind of image he wants to portray and that is just normal especially for celebrities who hasn't done a lot of variety show. Tbh, I am glad that more actors/actresses casually guesting variety shows nowadays because their personality is much more fun to watch and feel less scripted. Who would have thought Jo In Sung is actually the main cast alongside Cha Tae Hyun in a variety show?! I hope CJH will become more comfortable with showing his other side and I am definitely rooting for his crossover to variety world. :cutekitty:

Totally unrelated but I was extremely surprised by Tae Hang Ho weight loss. He looks much better now I almost didn't recognized him. That mention of 3 greatest transformations also was absolute hilarious. :loolz:

• LOL 1
  • Blob 2

3 hours ago, booha said:

@partyon     @Min2206  

Okay now Viki has eng subs for CJH’s show.  It’s good to know the rating went up (15.8%, up 2.1% from the previous episode) especially for CJH’s segment (18.6%)  yeay  :blush:
I read he will appear in the show continuously but it didn’t mention how long…

Yay! I will watch the subbed version on Viki tonight! :kiss_wink: What a treat that we'll see him outside of a drama premise and get to know him better as Choi Jin Hyuk / Kim Tae Ho :cutekitty:

3 hours ago, booha said:

In the article( I will try to translate it soon)   CJH confessed he was nervous about filming for the show.  I know he had many sleepless nights before filming as he is a very private person.   I could feel his awkwardness but fortunately he began to relax a bit when Tae Hang HO and Lee Joong Ok came.

<snip> He did appear in some talk shows before so I thought I knew what he was like in person but this show made me my mouth drop. Omg  I guess the most of my image/impression about him may have been from the characters he played.

Still I am delighted to see he seems to be a lot more sweet/gentle in person.   Also I could sense some vulnerability in him too.   Maybe he wasn’t used revealing himself to the public so he felt insecure during filming.  

You are making me so curious now... haha. I don't know how I will be able to wait until tonight. :D

I've always found him to be very emotional and direct as a person, and what you write about him doesn't surprise me too much.
I know he's vocal about his feelings and thoughts, and he's quite emotional from time to time. I have thought he might be a person who deep down is quite vulnerable and might wear his heart on a sleeve. He doesn't seem to be the person who has tons of friends - and he prefers hanging out with his non-celeb friends (as he doesn't even have a lot of celeb friends). It says a about his privacy needs and also about trust.
It will be very interesting to see what he's like IRL :partyblob:

2 hours ago, kdramagrandma said:

I am not really expecting I'll be laughing a lot but he was totally hilarious but in a way feel quite relatable. Who in their right mind puts dirty laundry on the floor just because of oil splatter, and there was even white cloths among those. But then he is just like other people who might do stupid things too.

He was definitely unsure on what he can show on camera and what he should do throughout the filming session. He is still figuring out what kind of image he wants to portray and that is just normal especially for celebrities who hasn't done a lot of variety show.

I am so curious now :joy:

I hope he starts learning how to cook though and be less reliant on his mother.... haha Especially if he wants to find a wife (unless the wife is willing to be his maid....) :joy:

• Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2

I watched the Ugly Duckling episode and not surprisingly Jin Hyuk is hilarious :joy: 

I could tell by his mannerisms in Drama bts and interviews he has a personality quite similar to mine and some of my close friends. With the exception of his 4 fridges, his "odd" behaviors are relatable. 

Not to mention that I can't cook to save my life :sweatingbullets:

• LOL 2
  • Blob 1

Hello everyone. I am new and I come from Central Europe. In short, through the manga and interest in the country that created it, I found J-drama and finally K-drama and fell into such deep water :)

It is difficult to detach a pearl from a pearl in a full sack. CJH is physically different from the "I'm sexy and I know it" dolls trend. He is sexy and lonely and despite the large comedy and dramatic deck, he does not fit into the trend of TV stations

I liked the Gu family book, a full range of feelings, you could "eat joy, sadness, embarrassment", There was longing, sadness, menancholy and detriment in the Tunnel, Zombi Detective is, above all, a comedy talent

• Like 3

I am an ordinary person in my ordinary world. I have no idols. I'm using the translator now sorry. I like movies, series, and actors. Jason Mamoa, SGA. CHJ - resigns from being an actor. Because ... he's too tall and doesn't have the beauty of the doll? Or ...

• Like 3

((Here is the translation))  CJH talks about his experience with the show.

Actor Choi Jin-hyuk shared his feelings about revealing his daily life through ’My little Old Boy’.
CJH made his first appearance in the SBS entertainment program 'My Little Old Boy', which aired on 3/21.

Spoiler

CJH started the morning daily routine with his companion dog, Mongsil. Mongsil didn't move away from the snack refrigerator because she wanted more snacks.  CJH said, “You gained weight. No more” but  at the end he gave into her wish for a second treat.  

Next, CJH started to work out.    The room was full of exercise equipment, but it turned out that CJH was doing a bench press exercise without weights.   This twist and turn caused laughter.

He then finished eating spicy stir-fried ramen and beef,  and set out to assemble a new stretching device.    However, he discovered it was not easy to assemble,  and he left it in the living room and jumped into the game.

Tae Hang-ho and Lee Joong-ok came to visit CJH’s apartment while the living room wasn’t tidied up.   The two showed interest in the guitar in the corner of the living room.   When CJH was asked to play the guitar, he took a rather high-level stance, but he soon confessed that he couldn’t play the guitar.   He revealed that he put the guitar in the living room simply for a display.  

CJH started cooking again the spiced ramen and beef which he had eaten in the morning for THH and LJO.   Although the noodles were over cooked because of cooking 5 ramen, the three enjoyed eating and had a pleasant time.

After the broadcast, CJH’s daily disclosure has attracted a lot of attention. In particular, viewers fell in love with his clumsiness/blunder which they didn’t expect from CJH.

In response, CJH told Herald POP on the morning, 3/22 through his agency, “It's my first variety show challenge. I've never showed my house or shared my daily life, so I was actually awkward at first. However I was curious about what my true self would look like.”  He described why he took the opportunity to appear in 'My Little Old Boy '.

He continued, "while monitoring the first broadcast last night, for the first time I realized that 'it's me like that when I'm alone', and even to me, there were a lot of strange things in the middle which made me to chuckle with embarrassment."  “I feel embarrassed how my real self was shown in such an unguarded way. But I would like to do better,” he said about his feelings of watching himself.

He said, "I want to approach the viewers with a more natural and comfortable image. I am an ordinary person, so I think I can show images that many people can relate to." CJH raised the expectation of what kind of daily life he will be revealing in the future.

Spoiler

ygbJd41.jpg

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/112/0003412730

@kdramagrandma

Yes it was hilarious to see how nonchalantly CJH threw dirty laundry on the floor for oil splatter. lol   I have to assume that he has never done laundry by himself.  Well I will not be surprised if he thinks there is some magic wand hidden in the washer  that will wash off every kind of dirt/soil and spit out sparkling clean laundry at the end.  haha  Adding that he talked to his dog about what he was doing.  Yeah I noticed all the women in the show were taken aback… ‘one says newspaper...’  haha    :fiercebunny:

Btw I don’t watch variety shows  so It was a bit of an experience seeing CJH like that gosh   So Jo In Sung is in “Unexpected Business” ?!!  whaha It’s hard to imagine him in a reality show.  I don’t think CJH will venture into other variety shows but then he might surprise me  haha  

@partyon

In the show he seemed to mumble lot. And he talked to Mongsil a lot too. Funny to see how Mongsil played with CJH’s soft spot for her. :tounge_xd:
Also I can see how he can cry so easily.  

Once he posted the ramen picture saying it’s his favorite.  Now I know why   I’m curious how many kinds of food he can cook really  haha   He is lucky his mom is a good cook. Btw about his future wife, if she is a working wife, maybe she is in luck because his mom can cook for both??  :happydance:    

9 hours ago, Lexx said:

Hello everyone. I am new and I come from Central Europe. In short, through the manga and interest in the country that created it, I found J-drama and finally K-drama and fell into such deep water :)

It is difficult to detach a pearl from a pearl in a full sack. CJH is physically different from the "I'm sexy and I know it" dolls trend. He is sexy and lonely and despite the large comedy and dramatic deck, he does not fit into the trend of TV stations

I liked the Gu family book, a full range of feelings, you could "eat joy, sadness, embarrassment", There was longing, sadness, menancholy and detriment in the Tunnel, Zombi Detective is, above all, a comedy talent

Welcome new chingu from Central Europe    Udh3l3d.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

@booha Thanks so much for sharing Jin Hyuk's thoughts about appearing on the show. :heartxoxo:

I did watch the episode, and I couldn't stop laughing. Poor guy was dubbed "Handsome Idiot" in the first episode already :joy:

Like the moms in the show, I was side eyeing a few things too.

Excuse Me Judging You GIF

Like using dirty laundry to cover the floor when cooking, leaving the exercise equipment in the middle of the floor when guests came over, the coffee in the kimchi fridge, etc.... :joy:

Oppa, if you're reading this: PLEASE DO NOT USE YOUR LAUNDRY TO PREVENT OIL FROM SPLATTERING ON THE FLOOR. I can guarantee you it's easier to get off oil from the floor, than from your clothes. :kiss_wink:

I really enjoyed seeing Tae Hang Ho and Lee Joong Ok visiting him. They were so hilarious together in Zombie Detective.

I was surprised seeing how much weight Tae Hang Ho had lost. He looked very good, no?

I kept laughing how they were scolding Jin Hyuk for certain weird things he did. "The difference is that we're married, and you're still a bachelor" :loolz:

What a cutie pie Mong Sil is :heart4: Such a sweet doggie ! :love: I think he called himself "Oppa" instead of "Appa" - that cracked me up too. :joy:

You can tell that he has raised her well. She was very friendly with Tae Hang Ho and Lee Joong Ok, even letting Hang Ho rub her belly as soon as he entered the apartment.

All in all, I am so glad that CJH wants to show his ordinary side.

@booha I could also tell how nervous and awkward he was in the first episode, but like you said, you could totally see his vulnerable side too.

In summary, though, I agree with the moms that he's a bit weird. :joy: But in a cute way. Seeing him like this, just made me like him even more. :dorakiss:

@Min2206 Did you already watch the episode? What did you think?

PS. @booha What about editing the title of this thread to reflect that he's appearing in "My Ugly Duckling" currently?:kiss_wink:

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, partyon said:

@booha Thanks so much for sharing Jin Hyuk's thoughts about appearing on the show. 

I did watch the episode, and I couldn't stop laughing. Poor guy was dubbed "Handsome Idiot" in the first episode already :joy:

Like the moms in the show, I was side eyeing a few things too.

Like using dirty laundry to cover the floor when cooking, leaving the exercise equipment in the middle of the floor when guests came over, the coffee in the kimchi fridge, etc.... :joy:

Oppa, if you're reading this: PLEASE DO NOT USE YOUR LAUNDRY TO PREVENT OIL FROM SPLATTERING ON THE FLOOR. I can guarantee you it's easier to get off oil from the floor, than from your clothes. :kiss_wink:

I really enjoyed seeing Tae Hang Ho and Lee Joong Ok visiting him. They were so hilarious together in Zombie Detective.

I was surprised seeing how much weight Tae Hang Ho had lost. He looked very good, no?

I kept laughing how they were scolding Jin Hyuk for certain weird things he did. "The difference is that we're married, and you're still a bachelor"

What a cutie pie Mong Sil is  Such a sweet doggie ! :love: I think he called himself "Oppa" instead of "Appa" - that cracked me up too. :joy:

You can tell that he has raised her well. She was very friendly with Tae Hang Ho and Lee Joong Ok, even letting Hang Ho rub her belly as soon as he entered the apartment.

All in all, I am so glad that CJH wants to show his ordinary side.

@booha I could also tell how nervous and awkward he was in the first episode, but like you said, you could totally see his vulnerable side too.

In summary, though, I agree with the moms that he's a bit weird. :joy: But in a cute way. Seeing him like this, just made me like him even more. 

@Min2206 Did you already watch the episode? What did you think?

PS. @booha What about editing the title of this thread to reflect that he's appearing in "My Ugly Duckling" currently?:kiss_wink:

Awwww ... both your summary / recaps of the show are enough to make me swoon with happiness, @partyon @booha  As I am typing, I keep smiling at this Oppa - Handsome Idiot.
Love the last pic when he laughing so heartily playing the guitar - not sure whether he did.

I have not watched  ...  was there a link?  I must have missed it.

Thank you for sharing his thoughts on why he joined this reality show.  That was courageous and sincere of him.   Thought he is a very PRIVATE person.

Can I have more pics please .......  this man's personality makes me squealed with delight.

• Love 3

8 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

I have not watched  ...  was there a link?  I must have missed it.

It's a well-know variety show, so you'll be able to find a subbed episode of it on a lot of the sites where you normally watch k-dramas . :dorakiss:

The variety show is called My Ugly Duckling or alternatively My Little Old Boy.

• Thanks 3

Nothing kills a fantasy faster than watching a capable actor struggling to go about in daily life on a reality show... 

This show is making me reconsider whether I want to marry Choi Jin Hyuk... Maybe I'll be much happier and saner just watching him acting in dramas as opposed to having to live with him in real life... He'll be busy filming dramas and when not filming, he'll be wandering around the house like a zombie without a brain...playing video games... then weight lifting... then eating instant noodles... then covering the kitchen floor in dirty laundry... Reminds me of the TV interview where Jang Nara mentioned that he is very forgetful, like a fish. He seems to be using only half his brain for daily life. 

It's not really the clothes on the floor that bothers me (hey if he wants to wear steak-scented clothes, go ahead) but what actually bothers me more is that he serves guests instant noodles...!!! to me, that is a huge no-no. I mean, you have 3-4 fridges, you have a successful career and just moved to a spacious new apartment, and guests are taking time out of their busy day to visit you with gifts in hand... even if I didn't know how to cook, I would at least ask my mom to prepare food in advance for my guests. maybe instant noodles is acceptable fare for bros just hanging out, I guess... I wonder how beneficial would his appearance be for his acting career? I mean, probably no more chef roles... but thank goodness for his two friends that he made recently filming dramas. He needs friends like that who can point out areas that need improvement in a humorous way. Although he must be getting a lot of flak right now for laying out clothes on the floor, in the long run, it will save his future wife some hassle. Now he will change his ways and that will be less work and less fighting in his future household. Imagine marrying the man of your dreams and then finding out that he puts laundry on the floor as a creative solution for keeping the kitchen floor clean. Imagine all the fights and tears that are now being prevented from his future marriage because everyone and their grandma is scolding him right now about his unorthodox behavior. Being on this show will slowly help guys like him become better marriage material. Hopefully...

Edited by MaybeOneDay
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

48 minutes ago, MaybeOneDay said:

Nothing kills a fantasy faster than watching a capable actor struggling to go about in daily life on a reality show... 

This show is making me reconsider whether I want to marry Choi Jin Hyuk... Maybe I'll be much happier and saner just watching him acting in dramas as opposed to having to live with him in real life... He'll be busy filming dramas and when not filming, he'll be wandering around the house like a zombie without a brain...playing video games... then weight lifting... then eating instant noodles... then covering the kitchen floor in dirty laundry... Reminds me of the TV interview where Jang Nara mentioned that he is very forgetful, like a fish. He seems to be using only half his brain for daily life. I don't even know how he managed to assemble the mini gym in his bedroom.

It's not really the clothes on the floor but what bothers me more is that he serves guests instant noodles...!!! to me, that is a huge no-no. I mean, you have 3-4 fridges, you have a successful career and just moved to a nice new apartment, and guests are taking time out of their busy day to visit you... even if I didn't know how to cook, I would at least ask my mom to prepare food in advance for my guests. maybe instant noodles is acceptable in Korea for bros just hanging out, I guess... but still... I actually shelled out ten bucks to subscribe to Viki just to watch this episode. it's nice to see him, but I wonder how beneficial would his appearance be for his acting career? I mean, probably no more chef roles... but thank goodness for his two friends that he made recently filming dramas. He needs friends like that who can point out areas that need improvement in a humorous way. Although he must be getting a lot of flak right now for laying out clothes on the floor, in the long run, it will save his future wife some hassle. Now he will change his ways and that will be less work and less fighting in his future household. Imagine marrying the man of your dreams and then finding out that puts laundry on the floor as a creative solution for keeping the kitchen floor clean. Imagine all the fights and tears that are now prevented in his future marriage because everyone and their grandma is scolding him right now. Being on this show will slowly help guys like him become better marriage material. Hopefully...

You don't have to agree with his lifestyle choices, but please remember he's a human being with flaws like the rest of us. Insulting his intelligence in a such a critical manner is uncalled for. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

Uploaded some screen shots for you guys if you haven't had a chance to watch it. I really enjoyed these moments between him and his former co-stars from Zombie Detective. they don't hold anything back and tease him like real older siblings do to younger siblings. Choi Jin Hyuk is the youngest one here and he's very respectful to them. below are the "guitar" gate and "fried noodle" gate. before his friends arrived were the other gates such as the infamous "laundry on the kitchen floor" gate, the "weightlifting" gate, and the "unfinished inversion table assembly" gate. I think these were the things that struck viewers as the most memorable and quirky about Choi Jin Hyuk. He definetly became a hot topic as a result of appearing on this show, but probably not in the way anyone would have expected... anyways, sorry if I sounded harsh or judgemental... I actually really like Choi Jin Hyuk and enjoyed watching this episode a lot and laughed a ton at him. Thanks to him, everyone was able to release some stress by laughing. Also, the unexpected breakout star of this episode was to me, his former costars. I love their real life personalities so much. I thought their roles in Zombie Detective were a little campy and over the top at times, but their real life personalities are really wonderful. I hope they also get more work opportunities as a result of guesting.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by MaybeOneDay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

@partyon

Oh thank you dear for the tip. :blush:  I will add ‘My Little Old Boy’ on the thread.

Spoiler

I have to confess that I came to manage this thread by default.:confounded:  In truth I’m just not good at doing it but at the time everybody was gone and I had no choice but to put my name on it.  lol   The first page about CJH info was mostly done by Mishiellie (now named guest Mishiellie)   She put a lot of energy into it.  I don’t remember (maybe during CJH’s MS??) when  she stopped and another member(Yeekrfan2, her last log out, 2018/2) took over till she left(don’t remember exact date)   Sorry to say after DJ nothing has been updated.  :sweatingbullets:

ugly duckling  zoppa :evillaugh:

iEcjBWx.jpg

V2vvqMw.gif

cr to DC

• Like 1
  • Love 4

• booha changed the title to Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁[Current VarityShow "My Little Old Boy"]
  • partyon changed the title to Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁[Current VarietyShow "My Little Old Boy"]
16 hours ago, booha said:

@partyon

Oh thank you dear for the tip. :blush:  I will add ‘My Little Old Boy’ on the thread.

Thank you chingu! :kiss_wink: Just let me know if you need any help with the thread. I'll be happy to be of assistance. I actually fixed a typo in the title. Hope you don't mind :heart4:

I am so excited for the next episode. I hope to see Jin Hyuk find his footing in the variety world.

My only concern is that there have been so many controversies in variety shows left and right lately, and it would be devastating should he say or do something the k-netz would take offense of. So, am really hoping that he's careful. :kiss_wink:

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Yeah I agree with your concerns about him appearing in variety shows. I really have mixed feelings about it. Of course as a fan, I am happy to be able to see him and inside his living space, satisfying my own curiousities. But the question is, is it good for him? If I were his friends or family member, I would worry a lot about him exposing his private life and apartment. I wonder what made him decide to do it? Is there a slowdown in dramas, less roles available - or he has reached a stage in his life where acting in dramas is not fulfilling anymore, and he wants to try new things? I hope he will be alright and nothing bad happens.

This may an unpopular opinion - but I don't think he needs to do this show at all. His acting skills is at the top - professionally and financially - I have a hard time seeing the need for him to appear in this type of show. Especially since his real life persona and on screen persona are so different hehehe. To be honest, what if I'm watching his next drama but the scenes of him from this reality show keep appearing in my head and distract me from immersing in the drama? am I just worrying too much? 

I think what we're seeing with Choi Jin Hyuk is an artist who has poured his heart and soul into his craft, so much that there isn't much left to use in other areas of life. But there are a lot of people like that. I have a musician relative who often forgets dates and misses his flights because he arrives at the airport a day late. We joke that smart people have smart people problems. About the kitchen floor laundry thing - maybe his mom was nagging him a lot to keep the floor clean - so he would rather get his clothes dirty than to leave grease on the floor, which his mom hates. This is just my guess. It's so fascinating trying to figure out someone's thinking process and analyze why they do what they do.

Edited by MaybeOneDay
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2

**It is a ACRC promotional interview video (eng subs)

**CJH IG

real_jinhyuk

It's been a long time~? I got sentimental at a late hour so I thought about this and that, and then I posted it.
I accidentally watched the singers performing on YouTube, and they seemed to be really thankful and enjoy being on the stage which made me think about...   
I haven’t forgotten my gratitude (for fans).  Sometimes I don’t know how to express it naturally … so I gather the courage to write this.   
I can’t say thank you to each of you but I always appreciate and love those who cherish and support me..
I'll try my best. I sincerely wish you all good health and always happy days! :heart:

wWu71Dt.jpg

cr to DC

@partyon

Wow you are great !!  This thread always needs a capable hand.   If you think anything needs attending in the thread, please please.. I will be very appreciative.:foryou:
Btw I’m not very familiar with variety shows.  I hope CJH’s manager knows the ins and outs of the shows and makes sure CJH doesn’t step in with the wrong foot.  I have the impression CJH will not be in the show much longer.  Besides CJH’s personality isn’t quite suitable for a variety theme setting.
 He talked about looking into a future drama but at the moment he said he was taking a break.  

PS You asked me about Korean.  My Korean has limits as the Korean language is very young so it uses Chinese(like for technical terms…) extensively. I don’t know much about Chinese.  So if I want to watch a court drama which uses Chinese legal jargon, I need eng subs.  Whenever I have to translate I have to have uncle google and dict.naver.  oh well haha

2s3na3l.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

If he takes too long of a break... it will make me suspicious that he is dating someone... Choi Jin Hyuk... I'm not ready for you to date and marry yet... *tears* wait for me to get married first and then you can do whatever you like... hehe...

Edited by MaybeOneDay
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

Let's see how long oppa stays on the show. I hope to get to see him a bit more before he decides to pull the plug. :kiss_wink:

The ACRC interview was very interesting. He has such a soothing voice. :love:

I think it became clear that he's going through some internal transformation. The appearance in My Ugly Duckling, the ACRC co-operation and some of the interviews he's done lately clearly point to the direction that he wants to change his image...

Even in the interview, he said that he wants to shake his serious and heavy image, especially because he feels it's not the correct depiction of who he is IRL. I am wondering if this is a strategy to shake off his current image in order to stop being type cast. We've seen him in many action and thriller dramas during the last 4-5 years.
Showing his softer side, will probably allow him to get offered a wider selection of dramas.

I am curious to know, what types of dramas he's aiming for.

The last two dramas have had strong comedic elements.

I would still be so grateful to see him appear in dramas with strong plots that have comedic elements too (e.g. Vincenzo), a melodrama (because he's so great at crying) or for him to take on a villain role.

I will support him regardless of what project he chooses next. :dorakiss:

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1