Quantcast

6 hours ago, booha said:

Oh yes I noticed too about c-drama’s unpredictable and unpleasant ending. hahaha   I read all of the rants about c-drama endings in soompi.  Maybe the Chinese writers think we the viewers feel cheated if the ending has a simple happily-live-ever-after?  :P

ha ha..that's probably what it is.. :P because sometimes ending are totally ridiculous enough to make one think why they spent such amount of time for an ending like that!

If you want to watch sweet modern c-drama, I recommend Put Your Head On MY Shoulder.

CJH looking too fine in suits as usual..

EEyOcGcUwAAXn-r.jpg

Found this picture of Justce cast today..a nice one.

EEQjiaMVUAA5IgQ.png

And the sad expectant look from Tae Kyung though...

EEMIIyxUEAAZtuC.png

Saw someone complaining in twitter.. lol...

https://twitter.com/k0mely/status/1171789292919590915

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, flutterby06 said:

ha ha..that's probably what it is.. :P because sometimes ending are totally ridiculous enough to make one think why they spent such amount of time for an ending like that!

If you want to watch sweet modern c-drama, I recommend Put Your Head On MY Shoulder.

Saw someone complaining in twitter.. lol...

https://twitter.com/k0mely/status/1171789292919590915

Hi flutterbyKorean dramas have their fair share of sad endings; they also have their fair share of disappointing endings that left fans annoyed.  There are those whose endings are better left unwatched.  Not EVERY drama ends in happily ever after.  Too many times, we get wrapped up in an enticing story only to find a disappointing conclusion that leaves us feeling confused & displeased. I can't say much about C-drama since I'm not really so fond of watching them. :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, willenette said:

Hi flutterbyKorean dramas have their fair share of sad endings; they also have their fair share of disappointing endings that left fans annoyed.  There are those whose endings are better left unwatched.  Not EVERY drama ends in happily ever after.  Too many times, we get wrapped up in an enticing story only to find a disappointing conclusion that leaves us feeling confused & displeased. I can't say much about C-drama since I'm not really so fond of watching them. :P

hello @willenette.

Yeah I know.. Sometime K-drama also don't have much of an impactful ending.

Though I'll root more for happy ending, sometimes (depending on the story) don't have any problem with reasonable sadness in the ending. For example Cheese In The Trap and Marriage contact are such drama where you crave for a bit more beyond the sadness but you love how it ended optimistically anyways. At least in my case I loved them..even clapped the writer for such idea. There are also dramas where despite the tragic ending I absolutely loved it such as Bridal Mask.

But the c drama endings I'm complaining don't really have sad ending. They're over all good drama but when it ends it looks like that writer was tired of writing and gave up on ending. That's kind of disappointing- a good drama leaving a bad or blunt after taste because of meh ending. I don't really know how to differentiate disappointed k-drama ending vs. c-drama ending but let's just say these c-dramas mess up their ending more than k-drama. :lol:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

hello @willenette.

Yeah I know.. Sometime K-drama also don't have much of an impactful ending.

Though I'll root more for happy ending, sometimes (depending on the story) don't have any problem with reasonable sadness in the ending. For example Cheese In The Trap and Marriage contact are such drama where you crave for a bit more beyond the sadness but you love how it ended optimistically anyways. At least in my case I loved them..even clapped the writer for such idea. There are also dramas where despite the tragic ending I absolutely loved it such as Bridal Mask.

But the c drama endings I'm complaining don't really have sad ending. They're over all good drama but when it ends it looks like that writer was tired of writing and gave up on ending. That's kind of disappointing- a good drama leaving a bad or blunt after taste because of meh ending. I don't really know how to differentiate disappointed k-drama ending vs. c-drama ending but let's just say these c-dramas mess up their ending more than k-drama. :lol:

Hi flutterby, I'm a sucker for happy-ending dramas. Thanks for explaining things about C-dramas since as I've said earlier, I'm not really fond of watching them...... :P

• Like 1

@flutterby06

I found MV- Put Your Head On MY Shoulder in soompi.    As someone said it is a soft and tender love story.   I like these two leads in MV.  They seem to have natural lighthearted chemistry.  I need this kind of drama when my head shouts for bubble bath time. haha :P

• Love 1

7 Underrated Rom-Com K-Dramas You Might Have Missed

So much romance, so little time. Every year, more and more amazing romantic K-dramas pile up on our to-watch lists, unwatched. We find ourselves distracted by the shiny, buzzy dramas that everyone’s GIF-ing, and we forget about that sweet little show that once looked so promising.

Often, it’s these unassuming little shows that are most rewarding to watch once we finally give them a chance. But who has the time to sift through a million obscure dramas in the hope that something decent will show up? For your convenience, here’s a little cheat sheet: seven underrated dramas that are worth that free weekend.

Warning: tiny spoilers ahead

1. “Devilish Joy

What do you get when you throw together Choi Jin Hyuk, Song Ha Yoon, and a big old heaping pile of Truck of Doom-induced amnesia?

Choi-Jin-Hyuk-Song-Ha-Yoon-Devilish-Joy.

A male lead of the tall and deep-voiced variety was always going to make a cute pairing with tiny, squeaky Song Ha Yoon, and thankfully these two have chemistry in spades. Throw in Lee Ho Won (Hoya) and Lee Joo Yeon being utterly extra as the second leads, and we’ve got ourselves a laugh-out-loud comedy to stay in all day with. Bonus points for hilariously inaccurate neuroscience.

Hoya-Devilish-Joy.gif

Check out the first episode of “Devilish Joy”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Love 2

CJH worked with PD Kim Ga Ram in 'Devilish Joy'.  I guess that’s why CJH made a special appearance in ‘Flower Crew’  which PD KGR currently is directing.

(translation)

(starlight falling ~♪) 'a noble man' (Choi Jin Hyuk) appears in the southeast ♡_♡  (FlowerCrew) EP5

Seoyun: bi-na-i-da (비나이다)(I wish/pray),  seo-bang-nim (서방님)(husband/ dear)
(006) noble man:You seem to have a fervent/earnest wish
(023)((singing)) starlight falling down    Sharal Lalala La ----
(030) voice of shaman:  Go to the Seonangdang and pray earnestly day and night.
Then a nobleman who appears in the southeast will be sent to help your family back up.

IEEH94P.gif

Spoiler

3jpWhJO.gif

2ie9v81.gif

jJACAbL.gif

5u54WLa.gif

gg7iXNM.gif

cr to DC

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@booha mian mian chingoos @willenette for late reply! i miss coming here believe you me :)

anyway yes Justice drama didn't seem to do justice for me LOL :) so to speak but Tunnel did make a big impression to most of us if not all! glad you guys enjoyed it though!

Nice to see he's gg to be a part of this new drama Flower Crew! He's really in demand no doubt about it! :blush:sad it's just a special appearance? Oh noooooo

• Like 2

I just noticed that TUNNEL is now played in NETFLIX Singapore!!!

:wub:

So happy!!

Downloading it to re-watching...

Choi Jin Hyuk jjang!! :heart:

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2019 at 11:44 AM, hibiscus23 said:

@booha mian mian chingoos @willenette for late reply! i miss coming here believe you me :)

anyway yes Justice drama didn't seem to do justice for me LOL :) so to speak but Tunnel did make a big impression to most of us if not all! glad you guys enjoyed it though!

Nice to see he's gg to be a part of this new drama Flower Crew! He's really in demand no doubt about it! :blush:sad it's just a special appearance? Oh noooooo

Oh yes I was delighted to see  CHJ in a saguk costume.  I know there are many fans who really want to see him in a saguk drama, preferably serious melo-romance haha,  as  CJH had his first major career break from saguk GFB.   
This drama ‘Flower Crew’  appears to be for the younger viewers but I like what PD did with 'Devilish Joy'  so I might give it a try.
You are right. Personally I enjoyed Tunnel more.  It weaved so well the characters’ relationship on an emotional level with this crime aspect.  Whereas Justice made me think more about how human nature would manifest within given a circumstance/situation.  It’s interesting to watch so much greyness created in the relationship between Tae Kyung and Song. 

16 hours ago, Tasia said:

I just noticed that TUNNEL is now played in NETFLIX Singapore!!!

:wub:

So happy!!

Downloading it to re-watching...

Choi Jin Hyuk jjang!! :heart:

Good good  Tunnel is still alive.  whaha  Thank you for info  :blush: 

((Chinese subs))

Spoiler

WR  :heart:

Spoiler

• Love 1

Actually @booha there's this Kangchi the Beginning in Netflix too...

I really wanted to watch it because of CJH... But for some reasons, I couldn't bring myself to watch it!!! :tired: (as some of my friends told me that there are some horror or ghost scenes... same reasons why I couldn't bring myself to watch Goblin and Hotel de Luna) :relaxed:

So I haven't been able to watch it since it aired! :P

Good thing it's on Netflix, I hope one day I could gather my courage to watch it... :sweat_smile:

But in the meantime, I kept on re-watching Tunnel and Pride and Prejudice... I hope Emergency Couple will be up in Netflix too!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tasia said:

I really wanted to watch it because of CJH... But for some reasons, I couldn't bring myself to watch it!!! :tired: (as some of my friends told me that there are some horror or ghost scenes... same reasons why I couldn't bring myself to watch Goblin and Hotel de Luna) :relaxed:

Good thing it's on Netflix, I hope one day I could gather my courage to watch it... :sweat_smile:

But in the meantime, I kept on re-watching Tunnel and Pride and Prejudice... I hope Emergency Couple will be up in Netflix too!

Hi Tasia, Goblin is not that scary.................:P

• Like 2

@willenette I know, right? That's what people say....

But Idk why... I was scared :relaxed:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tasia said:

Gu Family Book ( or Kangchi the Beginning) has 2 parts.   The first 2 eps are about Kangchi Parents ((CJH, as GWR, Kangchi’s dad)) and Kangchi’s part starts from ep3.   CJH’s second character, dark WR returns in ep13.
The first 2 eps are like a movie by itself with beginning and ending.    GFB team bought the latest camera and spent 3 months filming in Jeju island.  It’s a well made tragic love story with beautiful cinematography.

CJH was supposed to appear only in the first 2 eps but his character, GWR, created such a huge WR fever in Korea that people demanded his return in the drama.  However, because his character wasn’t planned for further eps, they created this dark WR which was given very little screen time.  
At the end, to me,  bringing back WR and focusing on Kangchi with his tragic parents helped make a stronger ending for the leads because the plot line became too spread out and ambitious.  

** I don’t think there are ghosts, if I remember correctly??   There might be a few scary scenes but would they be considered horror??

Here is OST-1 which is about WR & SH.  Gosh  I don’t know how many times I listened to it

[MV] Lee Sang Gon(이상곤)(NOEL) _ My love is hurt(사랑이 아프다)(Kangchi, the Beginning(구가의서) OST Pt.2)

• Love 1

making of Flower Crew, CJH's portion

csBzX4x.gif

iZxh77Z.gif

cr to DC

• Love 1

According to the article, Jung Hye In signed as the female lead for an upcoming  new drama OCN ‘Rugal’.       And it says currently CJH and Park Sung Woong are reviewing the drama.  
Well if Regal team decided on the female lead, it means CJH must be in for the drama and possibly he is working on the contract details. :unsure: 

'ShortCut Goddess' Jung Hye In,  Rugal's Female Protagonist.. working with Choi Jin Hyuk and Park Sung Woong

Spoiler

Xo9JQns.jpg

http://m.sportschosun.com/news.htm?id=201910080100054300003581&ServiceDate=20191007&f_url=Fire#_enliple

6xEVuJ8.jpg

Z9UQOCc.jpg

E4GSdGj.jpg

Spoiler

6PUvIFS.jpg

cr to DC

• Like 3
  • Love 1