Quantcast

23 hours ago, booha said:

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this. According to Nielsen Korea, the KBS 2TV drama "Justice" rated 5% and 5.8% last night (on the 21st.). :P

• Like 2

Choi Jin Hyuk And Park Sung Woong In Talks For OCN’s New Revenge Drama

TV/Film   Aug 26, 2019  by J. K
224HLQW.jpg

Choi Jin Hyuk and Park Sung Woong are considering roles in the upcoming OCN drama “Rugal” (working title).

On August 26, a source from OCN told OSEN, “It’s true that we have sent offers to Choi Jin Hyuk and Park Sung Woong, and they are considering it.”

OCN’s “Rugal” is based off the webtoon of the same name about an elite cop whose attempt to bring down a nationwide criminal organization ends up with him losing not only his beloved wife, but also both of his eyes.  He is framed as a murderer by a criminal organization, and after he receives artificial eyes with unique abilities created by the special organization Rugal’s biotechnology, he sets himself on a mission to wipe out the criminal organization. The drama will be directed by Kang Chul Woo.

Choi Jin Hyuk is currently starring in the KBS 2TV drama “Justice” while Park Sung Woong stars in the tvN drama “When the Devil Calls Your Name.”

“Rugal” is slated to premiere in the first half of 2020.

Watch Choi Jin Hyuk in “Justice” below!

Watch Now

And check out Park Sung Woong in “When the Devil Calls Your Name” below!

Watch Now

https://www.soompi.com/article/1348239wpp/choi-jin-hyuk-and-park-sung-woong-in-talks-for-ocns-new-revenge-drama

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Aug. 19-25, 2019

dramaratings_2.jpg

Wednesday, Aug. 21      
Justice 21 KBS 5.0%
Justice 22 KBS 5.8%
Rookie Historian Gu Hae-ryung 21 MBC 4.3%
Rookie Historian Gu Hae-ryung 22 MBC 6.2%
Doctor Detective 11 SBS 4.0%
Class of Lies 11 OCN 3.7%
When the Devil Calls Your Name 7 tvN 1.9%
Thursday, Aug. 22      
Justice 23 KBS 5.3%
Justice 24 KBS 6.2%
Rookie Historian Gu Hae-ryung 23 MBC 4.9%
Rookie Historian Gu Hae-ryung 24 MBC 7.1%
Doctor Detective 12 SBS 3.5%
Class of Lies 12 OCN 3.8%
When the Devil Calls Your Name 8 tvN 2.1%

(skipped unrelated...)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/08/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-aug-19-25-2019/

• Like 2

15 hours ago, booha said:

Choi Jin Hyuk And Park Sung Woong In Talks For OCN’s New Revenge Drama

TV/Film   Aug 26, 2019  by J. K

Choi Jin Hyuk and Park Sung Woong are considering roles in the upcoming OCN drama “Rugal” (working title).

On August 26, a source from OCN told OSEN, “It’s true that we have sent offers to Choi Jin Hyuk and Park Sung Woong, and they are considering it.”

OCN’s “Rugal” is based off the webtoon of the same name about an elite cop whose attempt to bring down a nationwide criminal organization ends up with him losing not only his beloved wife, but also both of his eyes.  He is framed as a murderer by a criminal organization, and after he receives artificial eyes with unique abilities created by the special organization Rugal’s biotechnology, he sets himself on a mission to wipe out the criminal organization. The drama will be directed by Kang Chul Woo.

Choi Jin Hyuk is currently starring in the KBS 2TV drama “Justice” while Park Sung Woong stars in the tvN drama “When the Devil Calls Your Name.”

“Rugal” is slated to premiere in the first half of 2020.

Watch Choi Jin Hyuk in “Justice” below!

Watch Now

And check out Park Sung Woong in “When the Devil Calls Your Name” below!

Watch Now

https://www.soompi.com/article/1348239wpp/choi-jin-hyuk-and-park-sung-woong-in-talks-for-ocns-new-revenge-drama

booha, thanks for sharing this good news. Choi Jin Hyuk may be heading back to cable after a couple of stints on the mainstream networks. I hope he's not turning down this role. The plot sounds exciting enough.  :P

• Like 2

On 8/24/2019 at 9:06 AM, booha said:

TK’s bubbling hearts for SYA, so cute :blush:

making from KBS vlive  https://www.vlive.tv/video/145992

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this. I'm happy that "Justice" took the ratings throne. According to Nielsen Korea, the drama rated 6% and 6.4% from last night's EP. (August 28). Although, this is lower than the previous episodes . :P

• Like 2

BYPP3Yq.jpg

https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=015&aid=0004200372

((interesting article so I translated. Tried my best))
The article explains why 4 characters in Justice are attracting viewers.

Lee Tae-kyung (Choi Jin-hyuk), Song Woo-yong (Son Hyun-joo), Seo Yeon-a (Nana), and Tak Su-ho (Park Seong-hun): The multi/three-dimensional characteristics of them are revealed on the lines.

Spoiler

# “Whether you can tell if it's an opportunity or a trap right in front of you.”

Due to his desire for revenge, TK,  a fallen lawyer in charge of dealing with high-level people’s messes, now faces the truth which he didn’t know before.

As TK had a past experience in which he grasped Song’s hand who offered to help him get revenge,   he immediately noticed  the intention of Jang-ent's trainee Jang Hae Jin  who tried to walk the same path as himself because of her desire for success.

By Song’s instigation, Hae Jin made a false report on Seo Dong Seok about his sexual favor act. TK told Hae Jin “I understand that you have a great desire for success. But to do that you should be smart. Whether you can tell if it's an opportunity or a trap right in front of you.”

The line reflects the change in TK as he learned about Song who created the opportunity for him, and he had to dig through the truth Song was hiding

# "For me, justice is the safety of my family."

The three-dimensional characteristic of Song, who used Jang enter-trainees to continue the Namwon restaurant connection which is made up of high-level people,   is most visible in front of the family aspect.   The guilt and anger, that failed to protect his son Daejin when he injured his leg,  caused him to follow only desire.
This is why,   whenever TK who tracks the truth, or Tak Soo Ho who has an evil deal with himself, mentions Daejin,    Song takes off his calculated calmness and turns into a rigid expression.

When Song tried to stop SYA’s investigation with her father, SDS,   he said, "For me, justice was the safety of my family."     It was a moment when his two-sidedness of committing evil acts was highlighted  by using bait for another family to protect his own family.

# "I will never give up on this case even if I die."

YSA learns the shocking fact that her father, SDS, went to Namwon Restaurant.
Her faith in his esteemed father was shaken for the first time, and she was worried about giving up her investigation.
 Investigating the father with the hand of a child was not an easy choice, so it was a moment when a new aspect of SYA, who was always righteous,   was revealed.
She shouted firmly, "I will never give up on this case even if I die."
Knowing that the case she was investigating was related to her father, she wandered and struggled, but did not give up the case until the end.
SYA's complex feelings about truth and family were exploded with one line.

# “Is a human being who lost his soul a human being?  Or not? ”

Tak Soo Ho, the vice chairman of the Jungjin Group, is a nice and fine person for someone and a bad and fearful person for someone.
He has a clean and good outer image without a touch of scandal, but he actually hides the inhuman side of enjoying people in captivity.
“Is a human being who lost his soul a human being?: This telling question gives a hint of his secret reality.    Even now, he is disguised with a good smile to approach SYA, but he reveals his real face as needed from time to time.
What does it mean to him about being a human being and how does he define himself as a human being? 

misqiko.jpg

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2019/08/669136/

• Like 1

*** "Justice" is a very good drama. CJH is awesome here.  :P

“Justice” Comes Out On Top In Wednesday-Thursday Drama Ratings

01f6aeedab3b42ea9b4afebb26d7baac.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Justice” is enjoying a rise in ratings!

According to Nielsen Korea, the August 28 episode of “Justice” recorded average viewership ratings of 6 percent and 6.4 percent nationwide, an improvement from the 5.3 percent and 6.2 percent ratings it received last week.

You can check out the latest episode of “Justice” here…

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source (1) / soompi news

• Love 2

ratings EP27 & 28: 5.7% & 6.2%

Spoiler

TK’s manager, Nam Won-Ki  :blush:  :thumbsup:

((my 2cents about Justice  :sweatingbullets::)))
I really like this week’s eps. I noticed a bit of empathy/compassion injected here and there throughout the drama but the dark mood overpowered it.  Then in yesterday’s episode a warm ray of compassion  began to appear and it grew more today. 

TK’s manager, Nam Won-Ki told Song why he rejected Song’s offer: “I’m a human being after all. You know? I am.  A human being ought to love another human being .”((viki trans))
I feel that the writer tries to show us the nature and consequences of good and evil.    Good is about having the feeling of empathy/compassion.   Fortune and power can’t purchase one’s ability to feel empathy/compassion.    Without a conscience, one’s soul is a dry desert where a soul can’t survive.

Song amassed power and fortune but in the process his life became an empty vessel.      Once he mentioned how much he wished to have a drink but he didn’t want to drink alone.    He is missing TK’s company.  In today’s episode Dae Jin was sad seeing school kids playing around and thought about Tae Joo.    Song understands why Dae Jin misses Tae Joo.

I mentioned Choi Hyun Woo’s melancholic expression.  In this drama all of the characters who are acting bad carry such an expression of emptiness and loss, and even in the company of people each seems to be trapped by an invisible barrier.    TK used to have the same sad and bitter expression but as he changes and works with other people, he seems lighthearted and smiles more.    

snack truck from Choi Yeo-jin (She played as Shim Ji-hye in EC)

@flutterby06  

Helloooo  nice to see you  :blush:   So you are trying to watch Justice  Good  Well it isn’t a perfect crime drama and it could use some improvement here and there.  But it has its own uniqueness.  I like the dynamic of our four characters.  
Btw are you watching any other drama currently?    At the moment besides Justice I am also watching welcome2life(Rain).  

winning CJH autographed script

Justice event: signed poster

• Love 1

50 minutes ago, booha said:

@flutterby06  

Helloooo  nice to see you  :blush:   So you are trying to watch Justice  Good  Well it isn’t a perfect crime drama and it could use some improvement here and there.  But it has its own uniqueness.  I like the dynamic of our four characters.  
Btw are you watching any other drama currently?    At the moment besides Justice I am also watching welcome2life(Rain). 

Hello..It's good to be here too..I was avoiding Justice and CJH thread so as not to get spoiler. I was watching 'Mother of Mine' the family drama before Justice..But dropped it in the middle..May be I'll pick it up later. Somehow I don't feel like watching any of the ongoing dramas. Are you enjoying Welcome2life? I like the look of Lim Ji Yeon(lead girl) there. I saw a clip of it. Are they Police-Attorney couple?

Currently I'm looking forward to VIP (I'm sceptical about the story but it has two of my favorite actors-Jang Nara and Lee Sang Yoon) and Vagabond.

You're right. I must say Justice is not the most perfect crime/legal drama. But it's not that bad either. What's important is that the major characters build up is good in this drama. Previously I remember watching a crime/legal drama, which lacked in character build up and I was so disappointed. Justice is quite good in this regard actually. I hope it ends well with all the loose end tied.

It's good to see the many netizen are praising Choi Jin Hyuk's acting. :) He already got a new offer from OCN. Did he confirm it yet?

• Love 2

*** Finally..............I was able to watch "The Last Empress" continuously this time since I failed to do so during its airing then.....

This drama was full of scheming, murder, cover ups, revenge, seduction, amazing body transformations, and lots more. For me, this was a fantastic role for Jang Na Ra. She was just fantastic here! This was a good role for Choi Jin Hyuk as well. His character doesn’t stand out as much as Sunny or the Emperor, but he delivers a powerful performance. I was quite surprised by the early transformation of Wang Shik who was originally played by Tae Hang Ho, though. There are a lot of other interesting characters that range from villains to good guys. There are also a lot of interesting relationships at play in this drama. There’s also sort of a love triangle (sort of but not really, hehe) that develops in the second half of the drama with Lee Hyuk, Sunny, and Wang Shik. Admittedly, there were times where Lee Hyuk was quite cute in his petty jealousy and attempts to win over Sunny. The pacing of the drama is swift with one new development after another. Oh, here - don’t trust anyone in the palace. Practically everyone has an agenda, including some you wouldn’t suspect. I loved getting to experience the mixture of a historical and modern drama in “The Last Empress.” Prior filming this drama, it seemed that I had a lot of confusion as to who the main male lead was. I thought all along that Choi Jin Hyuk was the main lead and love interest. This was never the case. Choi Jin Hyuk still has a lead role though and is an important part of the story. We all know that the show was also extended by 4 episodes, (please correct me here if I’m wrong- 2 or 4???) and that altered how events went down. I know a lot of CJH’s fans including me were pretty upset over how it went because he had to leave the drama due to prior commitments. Sigh.....This drama is fun, though  - leaving me completely entertained. For those who like this kind of genre, I wholeheartedly recommend it! :P

• Like 1