Quantcast

@flutterby06, that human emoji tweet you found is the cutest!

Now that the FM in Taiwan is over, I'm hoping we'll hear soon about a positive confirmation on his next project Justice. Though perhaps he's preparing for that HK thing at the end of the month.

• Like 2

That gif is too adorable! He reminds so much of my baby cousin :D

• Like 1

fun scenes :joy:

(Edit)

Training session for saying No   

nl2xuuw.gif

Ready  Fight!

i53Fr5n.gif

I can wire 100 million won to your bank account right way   Yes

Spoiler

NyKmWSK.gif

How can you be knocked down with a single blow

Spoiler

GACxhLJ.gif

Let’s try again

Spoiler

hsLNgwn.gif

How do you feel seeing me after such a long time?  I don’t like it.

Spoiler

XJM3mXc.gif

Are you happy to be on the show with Kang Ho Dong?  [without hesitation/instant response] No            

Spoiler

NdPUcc8.gif

How do you think of Choi So Jong?  ((CJH “Oh this is hard”))

Spoiler

SCisSBi.gif

I don't like it

Spoiler

LVW1b4m.gif

How did you like of  of CSJ’s crying act?

Spoiler

zglljyv.gif

That's too much

Spoiler

UvZIM0w.gif

It's  shameless and funfun  gym

Spoiler

hMGSyRj.gif

Thank you for building my shameless muscle

Spoiler

Jf398tL.gif

cr to DC

(IG) Training session for saying No   

Spoiler

• LOL 4

On 3/11/2019 at 10:27 AM, booha said:

PS  in case you aren’t aware about the name of Han Yeol-mu(moo) & Goo Dong-chi.   Yeol-mu and dong chi-mi are names of kimchi: summer kimchi and winter kimchi.  Yup the writer picked up the drama title from Austen PP and gave OTP these names of kimchi to each.  At the beginning it was fun to picture  Baek Jin-hee and Choi Jin-hyuk with these two kimchi  haha

PP kimchi couple  :D

I really wasn't aware of them being called "Kimchi Couple" and and the reason behind it. Oh they should have added an Kimchi joke scene while they're eating Grandma's meals. :lol:

PridePrejudice20.jpg

@booha, Do you think CJH DC has a gif of this TLE scene? I'm looking for it. I love it when my leads throw daggers at each other with just looks. :wub: Well, Na Wang Shik is not really throwing daggers like Oh Sunny is but his look does say that "You're miserable and both of us know it." Anyone has better explanation on what NWS's expressing silently? I'd love to hear. :)

Spoiler

HUnZjHL.png

0LBeBE5.png

giXoRNB.png

He Had No Will To Resist At All. :P

NyKmWSK.gif&key=b105396dcf04b074b97771b2

• LOL 2

8 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Well, Na Wang Shik is not really throwing daggers like Oh Sunny is but his look does say that "You're miserable and both of us know it." Anyone has better explanation on what NWS's expressing silently? I'd love to hear. 

For some reason, I took the look as “I feel bad for you” like he feels bad that her husband did this to her. I dunno, lol. I do love the eye connection though at the very end of the episode. With the way it was laid out, I thought they might have been in cahoots, but that was not the case :mellow:

• Like 2

CJH and his manager flew over to the US for a basketball game in the Staple center, LA.  The ticket shows the date is 3/12. 

Also there is another IG showing the game with CJH in it. I’m curious how this fan found these pictures?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, booha said:

CJH and his manager flew over to the US for a basketball game in the Staple center, LA.  The ticket shows the date is 3/12. 

Also there is another IG showing the game with CJH in it. I’m curious how this fan found these pictures?

Hi booha, I guess by this time CJH is still in US. I didn't know that he's fond of basketball. I'm curious, too that sometimes they even know where idols or their bias lives, or where they’re going to be. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

23 hours ago, booha said:

I m new member here and from Portland OR, and I saw he watched Clippers vs Trail Blazer . So I have to comment since one of it is my home team.  I wish to see him at Blazer stadium one day ( we can all dream right ) I love to watch nba too. I’m glad he is taking time off from filming drama and having good time but hope we don’t have to wait too long for his new drama....

thank you for posting updates...

• Like 2

GTree announced of CJH’s next FM in Japan. Dated as May 18

On 3/14/2019 at 6:11 PM, Bwong0104 said:

I m new member here and from Portland OR, and I saw he watched Clippers vs Trail Blazer . So I have to comment since one of it is my home team.  I wish to see him at Blazer stadium one day ( we can all dream right ) I love to watch nba too. I’m glad he is taking time off from filming drama and having good time but hope we don’t have to wait too long for his new drama....

thank you for posting updates...

Hi  So it’s NBA playoff season now.   Congratulations  for  Blazers winning with 125-104 for that game.  It seems CJH likes sports.  I’m happy his manager took him for the game again.  It’s CJH’s second personal visit to the US (He came to CA for Heirs shooting, 2013)     The first one was 2016 when they went to Las Vegas to watch a boxing match/or something similar(?)   They even had a helicopter tour of Grand Cannon.  I’m sure he went gaga from seeing the magnificent natural wonders.   Well we will never know someday they might visit OR or WA to watch a game.  Unfortunately we won’t find about it afterward.    My only complaint is there aren’t too many photos of his visit.  
Yes I hope he had a good rest mentally and physically. 

• Like 3

On 3/13/2019 at 12:25 AM, flutterby06 said:

I really weren't aware of them being called "Kimchi Couple" and and the reason behind it. Oh they should have added an Kimchi joke scene while they're eating Grandma's meals. :lol:

@booha, Do you think CJH DC has a gif of this TLE scene? I'm looking for it. I love it when my leads throw daggers at each other with just looks. :wub: Well, Na Wang Shik is not really throwing daggers like Oh Sunny is but his look does say that "You're miserable and both of us know it." Anyone has better explanation on what NWS's expressing silently? I'd love to hear. :)

Spoiler

He Had No Will To Resist At All. :P

You are right  PP team should have thought about having OTP with funny kimchi scenes.  haha  At the time I thought of OTP’s names, like ying-yang (winter-summer).  ;)-_-

The scene where CJH is saying yes to a million won offering revealed to me something about human weakness.  Look at CJH’s spilt second expression.  It’s like his rational mind knew it’s a game yet he crumbled into this fake offering because that sound of a million was so tempting.  I would do the same thing.   The idea of having a million is a daydream which most of us have had more than once, right?!!   haha

I have these two gifs about the scene.  I felt Sunny had a resentful expression.  Maybe she felt humiliated and at the same time furious. We know Sunny has a strong mind. She thought she put herself in the situation and let her bodyguard, a stranger, see what happened.   At the time she didn’t know WB knew about LH and MYR.  But WB knew Sunny from the beginning when he thought Sunny was a mindless girl chasing an emperor.  Then he learned how LH felt and treated Sunny.   He knew what it felt like to be stomped on by the person he loved.  
There were  a lot of layers and nuances in these two characters.  You posted one scene where Sunny and WB are having a chat in such a nonchalant way.  Underneath their stone faces, one can feel they care about each other.
 I have a feeling that the writer didn’t write for that scene but one of her assistants wrote it. It’s because the lines carry such a suggestive tone.   Whereas the writer’s writing sounds very bland except for noisy cussing.    I feel the writer doesn’t know how to create a good character.  All other characters on the good side, like LY appear to be flat two dimensional in contrast to the villains.   I know Sunny and WB had a lot of potential and in the right hand they would have become such a memorable drama couple.

cbaP6zH.gif

D9nNHuJ.gif

2Bkb8DR.jpg

• Like 2

vlive (tunnel??)

zYyZG9i.gif

nHuQp2C.gif

8YZjtxL.jpg

cr to DC

• Like 2

On 3/16/2019 at 12:47 AM, booha said:

The scene where CJH is saying yes to a million won offering revealed to me something about human weakness.  Look at CJH’s spilt second expression. 

I really like watching that gif..His reaction is so funny.

I have these two gifs about the scene.  I felt Sunny had a resentful expression.  Maybe she felt humiliated and at the same time furious. We know Sunny has a strong mind. She thought she put herself in the situation and let her bodyguard, a stranger, see what happened.   At the time she didn’t know WB knew about LH and MYR.  But WB knew Sunny from the beginning when he thought Sunny was a mindless girl chasing an emperor.  Then he learned how LH felt and treated Sunny.   He knew what it felt like to be stomped on by the person he loved.  

@booha Thanks for the gifs..I made some but they've watermarks. :(

Of course Sunny was furious at Woo Bin at that time. Because he was present in almost in all the time LH humiliated her. Even when at her supposed first night with Emperor she was stood up and MY came and said emperor was busy and Sunny reacted strongly when Woo Bin looked at her.

TeNywj.gif

When she first met her formally, that was also a moment of embarrassment for her because she was bragging to her father that Emperor took care of her despite being busy!

LbjxsC.gif

So Woo Bin was there in all of her distressing moment so she felt the embarrassment and humiliated when her husband left her chamber angrily right in front of the bodyguard. That's why she expressed her anger when he carried her to her chamber.

lqoV9I.gif

There were  a lot of layers and nuances in these two characters.  You posted one scene where Sunny and WB are having a chat in such a nonchalant way.  Underneath their stone faces, one can feel they care about each other.
 I have a feeling that the writer didn’t write for that scene but one of her assistants wrote it. It’s because the lines carry such a suggestive tone.   Whereas the writer’s writing sounds very bland except for noisy cussing.    I feel the writer doesn’t know how to create a good character.  All other characters on the good side, like LY appear to be flat two dimensional in contrast to the villains.   I know Sunny and WB had a lot of potential and in the right hand they would have become such a memorable drama couple.

The Scene scraps I posted says a lot, don't they? Sunny-Woobin shared many deeper and meaningful moment than all LH&Sunny pretend date combined. I can go on and on about them. Their subtle but evident love story is so precious. Even though the writer tried flipping the story she couldn't undo what's already there, could she?

giphy.gif

:wub:

giphy.gif

@Hannah Truong and @booha,

Spoiler

I believe Sunny-Woo Bin was the main couple all along but writer had a second thought in the middle of the drama. She thought of  giving some more focus to the villains because people seemed to be enjoying them. Then after few more episode she thought let's remove the definite focus on the mail love line-"let's it make vague." Then at the extension time she thought let's focus on Lee Hyuk-Sunny Couple now... But she couldn't do that extensively because of how messed up LH's character already was and also it was more unnatural because of sudden disappearance of NWS. The transition of Sunny-LH wouldn't have been smooth no matter how much lovey dovey scene they put together. That's why she couldn't explore the idea of Sunny-Hyuk properly even though Wang Shik was out of the story. That's why they had to make an epilogue.. 

I know I'm speculating but I've my reasons.

Any potential for redeeming LH was destroyed when LH choked Sunny just like he did So Hyun and forced kissed Sunny at later episode. Why'd the writer do that to a character who was supposed to be love Interest of female lead aka Sunny.

Also till the last episode of Wang Shik's appearance he delivered some strong words to LH which very strongly tell us about LH's fault all along- that even after everything he's not a changed person in core.

DzZ-aRDV4AAgwqG.jpg&key=9600c5cf76376f8f

DzZ-ah-UwAAdbaQ.jpg&key=81da803cac3ec651

You do not throw this type lines to the character when you want to redeem them properly.  

So I'll be saying this again the writer changed her story from time to time and that's why Sunny-Woobin' s deserved happy ending was sacrificed.

Also there's many proofs of How Woobin-Sunny was supposed to love each other.One definite proof I've already mentioned in the TLE Thread. CJH and JNR's speech on drama Awards. Also why would you sent CJH& JNR to present the Couple award when they're not supposed to be a couple!!

I think I should stop..I can't rant enough about these two. I love Suuny-Woobin together. I resent production for messing this up. :tears:

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Also there's many proofs of How Woobin-Sunny was supposed to love each other.One definit prove I've already mentioned in the TLE Thread. CJH and JNR's speech on drama Awards. Also why would you sent CJH& JNR to present the Couple award when they're not supposed to be a couple!!

I feel you with this one! I’m still upset about what the writer did to the Sunny-WooBin couple. You can rant all you want because I absolutely feel the same way! There could have had sooo much potential with this couple. I completely agree that they were suppose to be a couple, the freaking synopsis even said they would find true love with each other! When they presented together, I thought to myself ‘Yes! They’re presenting best couple so this must mean their characters are going to end up together!” I was soooo excited for the rest of the series, but as time went on and the less time they got together, I was deeply disappointed. I went from heartbroken, to upset then to feeling angry! Sigh, I’m so unstatified. It’s like will they ever play characters who will actually end up together and have their happily ever? :bawling:

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Hannah Truong said:

I feel you with this one! I’m still upset about what the writer did to the Sunny-WooBin couple. You can rant all you want because I absolutely feel the same way! There could have had sooo much potential with this couple. I completely agree that they were suppose to be a couple, the freaking synopsis even said they would find true love with each other! When they presented together, I thought to myself ‘Yes! They’re presenting best couple so this must mean their characters are going to end up together!” I was soooo excited for the rest of the series, but as time went on and the less time they got together, I was deeply disappointed. I went from heartbroken, to upset then to feeling angry! Sigh, I’m so unstatified. It’s like will they ever play characters who will actually end up together and have their happily ever? :bawling:

Maybe a third drama is the charm? And maybe not in another cray2 makjang-fest like TLE. Haha. TLE is a special case, neither 1st and 2nd male lead got the lady since both died at the end. I seldom see drama endings with the lady being alone :sweat_smile:.

I haven't watched his other dramas other than Tunnel. But from fan comments, lots are praising CJH-JN together..i'm kinda intrigued to take a look at 'Fated to Love' because of this. Would you guys recommend Fated to Love? Is it fun?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Hannah Truong said:

I feel you with this one! I’m still upset about what the writer did to the Sunny-WooBin couple. You can rant all you want because I absolutely feel the same way! There could have had sooo much potential with this couple. I completely agree that they were suppose to be a couple, the freaking synopsis even said they would find true love with each other!

Yeah.. I think we can rant time to time until we get a new drama of CJH.

5 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I haven't watched his other dramas other than Tunnel. But from fan comments, lots are praising CJH-JN together..i'm kinda intrigued to take a look at 'Fated to Love' because of this. Would you guys recommend Fated to Love? Is it fun?

Err..Fated To Love You didn't have that much of strong impression on me. I'm not a fan of the male lead's character there also. And I forgot whether I liked watching CJH-JN together enough. But I'm assuming as I wasn't fond of male Lead's characterization, I may've liked CJH-JN's together. CJH's character there was a loyal long leg Ajushhi, so nothing to be disliked..But when you see it you know it that 'They look good and all but he's never going to have her heart." But I forgot what I actually felt. :P

As for CJH drama..I can't recommend Pride & Prejudice enough. It's a good legal drama and a bit different than usual legal dramas. I enjoyed the characters of that drama a lot. Jin Hyuk's character there "Koo Dong Chi" is very charming. :)

Devilish Joy will be good choice if you enjoy watching melo-romance. It has all those heart fluttering moments. :wub:

It's interesting how most of CJH's leading ladies are too short in comparison to him..They all look good with CJH.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Maybe a third drama is the charm? And maybe not in another cray2 makjang-fest like TLE. Haha. TLE is a special case, neither 1st and 2nd male lead got the lady since both died at the end. I seldom see drama endings with the lady being alone :sweat_smile:.

Ooh yes, I’m hoping for a 3rd drama for theses two. Their chemistry is really out of this world for me:wub:. I would watch them in anything together even if i’ll be unstatisfied in the end. 

I would absolutely recommend FTLY. I wasn’t really disappointed with the ending because it was a remake of the Taiwan drama and knew how it was going to end. I watched becuse of Jang Hyuk, I loved him in “Windstruck” so the J-Jang couple and their characters were who i was rooting for at the time. However, along the process Choi Jin Hyuk did catch my eye and his character was just so wonderful, you could not dislike him or hate him. Don’t want to spoil too much. I was torn for a few hours on whether or not I wanted jn’s Character to end up with lee gun or Daniel Pitt lol. 

I have only watched Fated to love you, Tunnel and Emergency Couple. You can absolutely see CJH’s growth in acting from Emergency Couple to Tunnel. :love:

• Like 2

23 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Hi katakwasabi,  "Fated To Love You" is extremely easy to fall for in its early episodes. Unfortunately, the pace slows to a crawl in the last stretch. Depending on your love &/or patience levels, your thoughts with this show as a whole is likely to vary, though.   Given my love for CJH and the positive buzz that this show received, I really wanted to love this show. There were excellent performances from the leads.  Jang Hyuk is fantastic as Lee Gun, period. Jang Na Ra is truly wonderful as Mi Young. Not as perfect as it could’ve been, but enough awesome to still be a worthy watch. I enjoyed this show. Frankly, Choi Jin Hyuk was eye candy during this series. Lee Gun and Daniel Pitt were the two peacocks of this series. Their outfits and hair were bold and beautiful, especially in the first half of the series. :lol:

• Like 2

I still can't figure out how TLE went so sideways. Even though Sunny and Woo Bin never said as much, I felt that all of their interactions/looks at each other were that of mutual understanding and love. They both knew that since she was married they couldn't do anything, but once they'd dealt with bringing down the monarchy they'd be together. But then scenes between them all but ground to halt, even before CJH left.

I also never felt that Sunny had one iota of compassion for Peyha - even in the cutesy scnes, she was always glaring at him, or trying to disguise her disgust.

I'm on board with you guys on that "Third Time is the Charm" romantic comedy with the two of them.

Just finished Tunnel last night, I was dragging it out to enjoy it for longer and I'm glad I did. I liked how it ended, though I kind of wished they'd had a quick scene, or even just a family photo on the wall in 2017 with all of them together.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sally2 said:

I still can't figure out how TLE went so sideways. Even though Sunny and Woo Bin never said as much, I felt that all of their interactions/looks at each other were that of mutual understanding and love. They both knew that since she was married they couldn't do anything, but once they'd dealt with bringing down the monarchy they'd be together. But then scenes between them all but ground to halt, even before CJH left.

I also never felt that Sunny had one iota of compassion for Peyha - even in the cutesy scnes, she was always glaring at him, or trying to disguise her disgust.

I'm on board with you guys on that "Third Time is the Charm" romantic comedy with the two of them.

Just finished Tunnel last night, I was dragging it out to enjoy it for longer and I'm glad I did. I liked how it ended, though I kind of wished they'd had a quick scene, or even just a family photo on the wall in 2017 with all of them together.

Yeah, I agree that the Sunny-WooBin coupling did screeched to a halt all of a sudden and less and less of them interacting that did not make any sense to me. Ugh! Still a little frustrated with this.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a third time and I agree a romantic comedy would be great for them.

I really enjoyed Tunnel too, omo, when he cried I cried, his character’s love for his wife and his daughter really had me. The bromance was great too, everyone’s chemistry was really on point! I loved his maekne, so loyal even after all those years. I loved the ending where he was running after a suspect and his phrase of time traveling cracked me up. My second fav drama of his and a really great option for a comeback from the military. 

• Like 1