Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

22 hours ago, Hannah Truong said:

Thank you @boohaall of these goodies are amazing!

There are a lot more in IG but it’s hard to select from so many.  Still happy he had a good FM.:)

11 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Yep..Fan support is really healing at a time like this..Lots of people came in airport..and lots attended the fan meet..I hope he's recharged.

Looks like he talked a bit about the bad experience of TLE..CJH's agency moved on from this quite politely. Many CJH fans as well as TLE viewers were so angry and upset about this mess and expressed their sadness for how TLE production treated him wrongly. I appreciate that he talked about it a bit rather than avoiding it. It's better to express the worry he was going through rather than keeping it inside..Choi Jin Hyuk, Fighting.

I wished  the translator for CJH didn’t turn off her microphone when she translated Chinese. I don’t understand Chinese so I missed out a lot of what MC said. He seemed to be very entertaining. CJH needed  someone like him who knows what to do on a stage.   I know CJH has improved on a FM stage setting but he appeared to be still a bit awkward and slow in response.  In reality CJH is rather reserved and private.  I don’t think he has a big circle of friends because he doesn’t have much social activities. Well when a  guy can be teary so easily, it tells something about him right?!  haha   DJ’s PD (who is a woman) teased by calling him a giant baby.:lol:

It’s too bad he couldn’t read English and other languages.    Otherwise he would have known that many of  his fans were aware what happened with the WS/WB character and felt bad for him.  You are right. Instead  of acting as if nothing happened,  I’m glad he shared his worry with his fans.  At the time he probably didn’t know how his fans would react to the news.  I’m sure it was a hard decision for him with TLE.  

leaving Taiwan

• Like 3

CJH must have had a knee problem.      Someone mentioned that CJH wore loose pants in the airport in Korea because he had to wear a knee brace. Yeah I noticed too that during FM CJH bent his one knee back frequently on the stage.  Then later I read CJH couldn’t reenact the scene of  WB catching Sunny  because of his knee.  :cry:

So this Korean fan made IG clip. 

himnaeja29:

I am grateful to Taiwanese fans who have given CJH-nim a happy time,
Thank you very much to CJH-nim, you made Taiwan FM successful by showing a lot of smiles despite having knee pain

-

I hope you get a good treatment and recover quickly.
-
Waiting for FM here(Korea)

CJH says thank you

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, booha said:

CJH must have had a knee problem.      Someone mentioned that CJH wore loose pants in the airport in Korea because he had to wear a knee brace. Yeah I noticed too that during FM CJH bent his one knee back frequently on the stage.  Then later I read CJH couldn’t reenact the scene of  WB catching Sunny  because of his knee.  :cry:

So this Korean fan made IG clip. 

himnaeja29:

I am grateful to Taiwanese fans who have given CJH-nim a happy time,
Thank you very much to CJH-nim, you made Taiwan FM successful by showing a lot of smiles despite having knee pain

-

I hope you get a good treatment and recover quickly.
-
Waiting for FM here(Korea)

I seen it too many times he tried to stretch his leg. First time i think he just tired but it turned out that his knee had a problem again. His knee cracked when conscription right? Get well soon, oppaaa... And take vocation to recharging ur energy :kiss_wink:

On 3/2/2019 at 9:29 AM, booha said:

I wished  the translator for CJH didn’t turn off her microphone when she translated Chinese. I don’t understand Chinese so I missed out a lot of what MC said. He seemed to be very entertaining. CJH needed  someone like him who knows what to do on a stage.   I know CJH has improved on a FM stage setting but he appeared to be still a bit awkward and slow in response.  In reality CJH is rather reserved and private.  I don’t think he has a big circle of friends because he doesn’t have much social activities. Well when a  guy can be teary so easily, it tells something about him right?!  haha   DJ’s PD (who is a woman) teased by calling him a giant baby.:lol:

Huuuuaaaaa giant baby, that suit for him :D  

even though he is rather quiet and private it seems like he is more open now. One of taiwan fan who attent FM said when the Q&A session he answered  fans' questions openly but remained shy :lol: and when played videos made by Taiwan fans, especially DJ's kissing scene he looked shy :P

• Like 3

These interaction though  :heart:

Also heard that IWCY episode was postponed..I'm glad it got postponed.

Spoiler

I was really annoyed that SBS chose CJH's fan meeting day to air that episode as if "See, we're really cool, nothing happened". While clearly they're sharing his appearance way after the shooting. <_<

Yeah..may be I'm just bitter but it is what it is. 

Ahh..Sad for his knee pain. I hope he recovers soon.

• Like 3

That sucks about his knee bothering him again. Seems like it will be a chronic problem for him, since we also saw him wearing a brace in the pool scenes of the Last Empress.

I hope he feels recharged after the successful FM and some rest, and will release information about his next project soon.

The interactions with the child actors are pretty cute. For his personal wellbeing I think he needs to work on having some of his own - from any interactions we've seen either on air or behind the scenes he seems to genuinely enjoy being around kids 

• Like 3

This video made CJH teary. 

2019.02.28 崔振赫“LOVE”台灣見面會 粉絲應援影片

TAIWAN Choi Jin Hyuk

@Si Fa  @flutterby06  @sally2   :):):)

Sadly CJH injured his knee during a basic training.  Because it happened in the army, they didn’t explain how or when it happened.   
It was a harrowing time for CJH fans.  We saw him wave goodbye and walk into the training base. Then we heard nothing from him for 6 weeks while pictures of other enlisted actors appeared in the media from time to time.    It’s like he was vaporized into a black hole.  His first picture appeared during the ceremony after the training.   Yeah he appeared with his best friend and looked half sized.  
Sometime later we heard about his injury which needed surgery and rehabilitation.  Then 3 months after the surgery he got an early medical discharge because he needed long-term rehabilitation.   
Unfortunately he hasn’t recovered fully.  Yeah that’s right. Maybe that’s the reason he wore a brace in a pool scene in TLE.

CJH really likes children. If it isn’t for his profession, he would marry and have many children by now.  He is the only child but he grew up with a large family clan. He said when he grew up he changed many diapers of his nieces and nephews.  During EC drama, I saw how much he likes children.  EC had a famous baby called ‘baby Gook’. That adorable baby made his own mark in the drama.  The baby’s mom mentioned how frequently CJH came by to see and play with Gook.  CJH must have fallen madly in love with baby Gook
Right after the drama  CJH had an interview with one newspaper and he blurted out he wanted to marry. During that time he gave a lot of interviews but he never said anything about it except in this one interview.  I was like what what, then I realized it must be baby Gook who made CJH lose his mind. haha  a poor man  

PS ‘We Will Channel You’ got postponed to 3/7 because of ‘Second North- America Summit’   I think SBS has many departments and the variety program is one of them. I don’t think one department can dictate to other departments.   CJH is still a desirable actor and he doesn’t appear that often in any variety show. Any show should be glad to have him for a season opening episode. 

j69a13U.jpg?1

F4WBd20.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 4

8 hours ago, booha said:

PS ‘We Will Channel You’ got postponed to 3/7 because of ‘Second North- America Summit’   I think SBS has many departments and the variety program is one of them. I don’t think one department can dictate to other departments.   CJH is still a desirable actor and he doesn’t appear that often in any variety show. Any show should be glad to have him for a season opening episode. 

Yeah knew about the reason behind the postpone. Like I said before I believe this appearance is shot at the middle of the drama..I didn't know that the current season of WWCY starts with CJH's appearance.  So with the light of new info, it may or may not be intentional on WWCY's part to delay the episode. But they asked CJH "You want to be Empress's man?" or something along the line to CJH. This kind of questions are asked to focus more on a drama's possible love line to promote the drama. Even if the drama ended one week later because of extension, the show takes one week more to air (I hope what I'm trying to say is making sense). If the show was supposed to air after the drama ended, asking such questions are not that helpful. 

Of course CJH is still desirable to them and he'll be because see how they planned the timing of the show right after the drama in order to create some buzz..Even if they all say it's schedule conflict many know that such thing is not new in SBS. SBS vareity dept. even did worse things to Running Man in 2016. I'm not blaming the whole dept. (Drama/Entertainment). It's most probably the problem of the particular in charge of the production and some higher up decision makers.

I've a new news of how CJH is still desirable and very much in focus.. He got invited as representative along with Ha Ji Won to promote social awareness (regarding medicine research on AIDS most probably) and community development.

So..This is to those who are involved in messing TLE story..;)

D0wWFxbX0AE9Ep8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@flutterby06    Thank you  Ohh happy CJH is going to HK!!(Mar 25)  CJH has many devoted fans in HK too. I know some attended Taiwan FM and Japan FM.  Hope to see him in a tuxedo :)

'TLE' Choi Jin Hyuk , attention from China...with Ha Ji Won,  representative invitation to amfAR HK

u32F7wi.jpg?1

Choi Jin-hyeok, who has finished ‘TLE’,  continuously receives love calls from China

CJH is invited to the amfAR Hongkong Gala at the end of this month as a representative of Korea with Ha Ji Won.

As the amfAR charity party for the AIDS Research Foundation, the  amfAR Hong Kong Gala is a big event where the representative stars have attracted the attention of Chinese people.
It confirmed the highest interest in Ha Ji-won who is loved by Chinese as a representative of a Korean hallyu star through 'SG' and ‘EK', and CJH who arose as the emerging hallyu star.

Last year, the drama 'DJ’ was especially popular in Taiwan, and CJH, who emerged as a romantic guy, became more popular after he played the role of 'NWS/ CWB' in SBS TLE.  He didn’t participate in the extension of 'TLE' because of the upcoming overseas schedule, yet the cheers for CJH have increased.

CJH successfully finished a solo FM in Taipei, Taiwan at the end of last month, and boosted his image as a Korean hallyu star. CJH, who is pushing the schedule, is considering the next project including KBS2 new drama ‘Justice.’

https://m.entertain.naver.com

崔振赫香港飯團 Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 HK Fan Group

23 hrs ·

【2019.03.04★崔振赫台灣傳媒報導更新】
【2019.03.04★Choi Jin-hyuk Taiwan Media Reports Update】

[2018.03.03 中時電子報]
身高187崔振赫 張腿配合嬌小妹

文章連結 (Article link):
https://www.chinatimes.com/newspapers/20190303000559-260112

r4OySN2.jpg

KhWYmJx.jpg

Spoiler

VKfS7DD.jpg

• Like 4

**SBS did an article about CJH’s recent Taiwan FM but it left out about his reenacted scenes from DJ.
Here is the paragraph:  

CJH reenacted the scenes from the dramas TLE and DJ which were selected by fans for the event.  He made a new memory with the fans  through various reenacted scenes such as, in TLE, the scenes of catching the empress falling from the ladder and of the gun pointing at the emperor, and in DJ, the back hug scene which shook the hearts of many women.

http://star.mk.co.kr/v2/view.php?mc=ST&year=2019&no=132715

hj4ZW2z.jpg?1

Spoiler

q6HuVln.jpg

l8BooD2.jpg

(SBS Star)

Choi Jin Hyuk Cries at His First Fan Meeting in Taiwan in 4 Years

Published Tue Mar 05 16:10:00 KST 2019

Yxe7sZH.jpg

Korean actor Choi Jin Hyuk successfully wrapped up his first fan meeting in Taiwan in four years.

On February 28, Choi Jin Hyuk's fan meeting 'Love for You: Fan Meeting in Taiwan' took place at Taipei International Convention Cente

On this day, Choi Jin Hyuk managed to melt the hearts of the entire audience by singing various popular Korean songs with his sweet voice.

Not only that, but he also acted some scenes from his recently-ended drama 'The Last Empress', and tried to speak the language to communicate with over 1,500 fans who came to see him from all different

areas in Taiwan.

All fans became more and more excited as the fan meeting went on.

As it had been four years since the last time Choi Jin Hyuk held his fan meeting in Taiwan, fans prepared a video for him.

While Choi Jin Hyuk was watching the video, they held up a banner that was written, "We love you, Choi Jin Hyuk." and filled the venue with it.

Choi Jin Hyuk was so touched by this special event by fans that he ended up shedding tears.

He commented, "I cried at the fan meeting in Taiwan four years ago, and I'm crying again. I'll try to come back to see you guys again in the near future. Thank you so much."

Meanwhile, Choi Jin Hyuk is in the process of reviewing his next project.

(Lee Narin, Credit= G=TREE CREATIVE, 'vicky7724' Instagram, '曾詩詩' YouTube)

190228 최진혁 Choi Jin Hyuk 崔振赫-보고 싶다

https://news.sbs.co.kr/amp/news.amp?news_id=N1005163054&cmd=amp&news_id=N1005163054&__twitter_impression=true

• Like 1

I'm pretty excited for the We Will Channel You broadcast. I've read some older translated interview articles of his, but have never seen dubbed live interviews. I'm curious to see how his seemingly reserved personality come across.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, sally2 said:

I'm pretty excited for the We Will Channel You broadcast. I've read some older translated interview articles of his, but have never seen dubbed live interviews. I'm curious to see how his seemingly reserved personality come across.

Hopefully the hosts will sprinkle some magic powder on him.  Sometimes CJH seems to be more relaxed in the company of males. There is a good reason why CJH hasn’t appeared in too many variety shows.  hehe  :)

PHpJXcm.png

fan artwork

• Like 2

So isn't the show supposed to air today? Hope it'll be subbed in K-variety show sites.

And guess who stole Arini's heart the most? It's choi Jin Hyuk Samchoon.. :)

I find it adorable that Arin got jelly from CJH..It's natural to carry chocolates or other snacks as many eat them when they want to munch something..But jelly is mostly loved by kids.  He must've been asked his staffs to buy jelly so that he could give it to Arin ..or may be Hankyul too.

• Like 3

[HanCinema's News] Choi Jin-hyuk Holds Fan Meeting in Taiwan

photo1040919.jpg

On February 28th Choi Jin-hyuk held his second fan meeting in Taiwan. Official pictures were recently released.

The meeting took place in the Taiwain International Convention Center, and was titled 'Love For You Fan Meeting Taiwan', in English.

Attendance totaled fifteen hundred people. As the pictures attest, the audience was packed.

Choi Jin-hyuk came onstage to the song Love's Fool by The Nuts. After completion of the song, Choi Jin-hyuk greeted his fans with an apology, saying that he felt he did not show proper appreciation at his first fan meeting there four years ago.

Choi Jin-hyuk then reenacted some popular scenes from his more popular dramas. "The Last Empress" featured, as did "Devilish Happiness". "The Last Empress" scenes verged on the dramatic, while the "Devilish Happiness" scenes were more romantic.

The fans also prepared a surprise video as well as a plan card. Choi Jin-hyuk mentioned that he also cried there four years ago, and promised to come again.

Written by William Schwartz

photo1040918.jpg

• Like 3

** I forgot Kang ho-dong was a host in Strong Heart ( which CJH appeared in 2013).  From watching the IG clips of WWCY, I’m glad two hosts are pro and know how to entertain.  Happy to see CJH had so many laughs in the show. :)

Choi Jin Hyuk Talks About His Friendship With Jang Nara And Their Unusual First Meeting

Mar 7, 2019
by R. Jun
lzHJYyN.jpg

On the March 7 broadcast of SBS’s “We Will Channel You,” Choi Jin Hyuk talked about how strange it was initially to be in an on-screen romance with Jang Nara, who is a close friend.

He said, “When I was 20, before I debuted, I was really close to Park Kyung Rim — we still are — and she took me around introducing me to a lot of people. One day, we had dinner plans with Jang Nara. We were eating, and right when it was about to get awkward, she asked us to come to her house to play Go Stop.”

It was his first time meeting the actress, and when Choi Jin Hyuk got to Jang Nara’s home, her whole family was there, including her parents and brother. “I played Go Stop with her father, with [Jang Nara and Park Kyung Rim].. we played until really late. We kept in touch after that and became close.”

Vo7YhyM.jpg

Kang Ho Dong, the host of the show, commented that it’s more strange to act out intimate scenes with someone you’re close with. Choi Jin Hyuk agreed, and said, “It was like that in the beginning of ‘The Last Empress.’ Trying to be intimate with [Jang Nara] was really awkward, and on top of that she treats me like a kid, since she met me when I was just 20.”

K64mS7f.jpg

Yang Se Hyung asked if Choi Jin Hyuk wants to be seen by Jang Nara as a man, and he said, “I didn’t not want to be seen as a man. But she treats me like such a kid.”

“I told her, ‘We’re only four years apart.’ But what’s fascinating is that she thinks she’s as old as a grandma. With that [young] face, she thinks she’s about 60.”

Spoiler

4t7xd8A.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1308659wpp/choi-jin-hyuk-talks-about-his-friendship-with-jang-nara-and-their-unusual-first-meeting

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

We Will Channel you has been posted on Viki, and even though my Korean language skills could only at best be described as rudimentary, I couldn't help myself and decided to watch the episode in fast forward. It looks like it's going to be a delightful hour of CJH giggling along with the hosts as they poke fun at him. Sadly, though it's filmed in a gym, there's no working out.

• Like 3

(tidbit) 뻔뻔근육 (thick skin; ie someone has a thick skin)
 It’s supposed to show CJH how to acquire a thick skin for himself.

Oh Ah-Rin:  Came to cheer uncle JH #Oh Ah-rin, as a surprise guest without telling uncle ~ Were you Surprised?  I will continue to support my uncle ~ ~ For making a good memory, BS team #thank you ~ ~ ^^

sbsnow_insta:  WWCY  Becoming Stronger
 Are you curious about TLE behind story by flower-smile CJH and adorable Ari princess?
 Then watch WWCY

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I loved everything about his interview. They hit about all the things I wanted to know. I love that CJH and JN have been close for over 15 years. I like that he’s able to joke and his smiley eyes had me captivated throughout the show. My heart fluttered when he admitted that he wants kids. One of my fav interview of his so far. :wub:

• Like 3

Choi Jin Hyuk saying the exact words that fans and MC's want to hear.. :P Kang Ho Dong's scheeming face..:joy: Suddenly making Yang Se Hyung play the role or Nara to state a point. 

Jang Nara said CJH is forgetful and he actually admits that :lol: New piece of information for me.  He's forgetful enough to even think "When did I film this?" !!!! 

He can memorize script real first but forgets all his lines after one hour..

CJH the big goldfish who dressed like goldfish..:D

NdAvbG0.png

• Love 3