Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

Choi Jin Hyuk Is A Zombie Unlike Any Zombie You’ve Seen Before In Upcoming KBS Drama
Drama Preview  Aug 5, 2020  by E. Cha
Choi Jin Hyuk Is A Zombie Unlike Any Zombie You’ve Seen Before In Upcoming KBS Drama

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Zombie Detective” (literal translation) has unveiled its striking first poster!

“Zombie Detective” is a new comedy about a zombie in his second year of resurrection who becomes a detective and desperately searches for the truth about his past. Choi Jin Hyuk will be starring as Kim Moo Young, the titular zombie detective who struggles to adapt to his new life and coexisting with humans. Unlike the scary zombies seen in more conventional films and dramas, Choi Jin Hyuk’s Kim Moo Young will be a hilariously relatable zombie who also boasts an appealing masculine charm.

On August 6, the upcoming drama released its first poster, which captures just how different Choi Jin Hyuk’s character is from the average zombie. While zombies are often depicted as mindless creatures acting on instinct, Kim Moo Young’s sharp, pointed gaze reveals just how alert and intelligent he is.

However, in true zombie form, the lonely and battered Kim Moo Young is unable to feel pain: despite having a gaping hole in his torso through which viewers can see the scenery behind him, he appears calm and unbothered by his shocking injury. As a detective who cannot die no matter how badly he is injured, Kim Moo Young promises to deliver more thrills and excitement in his action scenes than the typical crime drama lead.

Zombie-Detective.jpg

“Zombie Detective” is currently scheduled to premiere later this year, following the conclusion of KBS 2TV’s romantic comedy “To All the Guys Who Loved Me.” Check out the latest episode below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1417384wpp/choi-jin-hyuk-is-a-zombie-unlike-any-zombie-youve-seen-before-in-upcoming-kbs-drama

• Awesome 1

Choi Jin Hyuk is a Fashion Blind Zombie Detective in First Stills with Leading Lady Park Joo Hyun

LINK here http://koalasplayground.com/2020/08/05/choi-jin-hyuk-is-a-fashion-blind-zombie-detective-in-first-stills-with-leading-lady-park-joo-hyun/

___________________________________________________________________________________

5 hours ago, booha said:
Drama Preview  Aug 5, 2020  by E. Cha

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Zombie Detective” (literal translation) has unveiled its striking first poster!

“Zombie Detective” is a new comedy about a zombie in his second year of resurrection who becomes a detective and desperately searches for the truth about his past. Choi Jin Hyuk will be starring as Kim Moo Young, the titular zombie detective who struggles to adapt to his new life and coexisting with humans. Unlike the scary zombies seen in more conventional films and dramas, Choi Jin Hyuk’s Kim Moo Young will be a hilariously relatable zombie who also boasts an appealing masculine charm.

On August 6, the upcoming drama released its first poster, which captures just how different Choi Jin Hyuk’s character is from the average zombie. While zombies are often depicted as mindless creatures acting on instinct, Kim Moo Young’s sharp, pointed gaze reveals just how alert and intelligent he is.

However, in true zombie form, the lonely and battered Kim Moo Young is unable to feel pain: despite having a gaping hole in his torso through which viewers can see the scenery behind him, he appears calm and unbothered by his shocking injury. As a detective who cannot die no matter how badly he is injured, Kim Moo Young promises to deliver more thrills and excitement in his action scenes than the typical crime drama lead.

“Zombie Detective” is currently scheduled to premiere later this year, following the conclusion of KBS 2TV’s romantic comedy “To All the Guys Who Loved Me.” Check out the latest episode below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1417384wpp/choi-jin-hyuk-is-a-zombie-unlike-any-zombie-youve-seen-before-in-upcoming-kbs-drama

@booha, thanks for sharing this. Unlike conventional zombie characters who are unconscious of their state, Choi Jin Hyuk has different look here. :blush:

• Like 2

** Zombie Detective will premier 8/31 :happy2:

Choi Jin-hyuk X Park Ju-hyun 'Zombie Detective',  confirmed premier on 8/31

aGFnLpH.jpg

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2020/08/810131/

[Teaser] An unsolved serial case, One man stands in the middle of the cases...[Zombie Detective]

EDIT ((** replaced with soompi article's teaser translation))

Spoiler

(002) If the rumors are that widespread,
(005)  there is a reason, there is a reason…

(009) [ An unsolved serial case]

(012) This all happened after that man appeared.

(015) [One man stands in the middle of the cases]

(018) You met someone who you weren’t supposed to a few days  ago, didn’t you?
(023) You provoked that

(025) CJH  (027) PJH
(030) A dangerous meeting that can’t be reversed
(032) Could I become human again…?

IG with subs:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDn6yKSpdsN/

EDIT ((missed this soompi article about Teaser1:angry::P))

Watch: Choi Jin Hyuk And Park Ju Hyun Make A Frightening Transformation In New Teaser For Zombie Drama

Drama Preview  Aug 7, 2020 by S. Nam
Spoiler

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Zombie Detective” (literal title) released a new teaser!

“Zombie Detective” is a comedy about a zombie in his second year of resurrection who becomes a detective and desperately searches for the truth about his past. Choi Jin Hyuk will be starring as Kim Moo Young, the titular zombie detective who struggles to adapt to his new life and coexisting with humans. Park Ju Hyun will be taking on the role of Gong Seon Ji, a writer for an investigative journalism program with unrivaled optimism, tenacity, and sense of justice.

The newly released teaser begins with suspicious men dressed in protective clothing as they begin to dig up the ground. Mysterious green liquid spills onto the dirt where a closeup of a hand is shown. Someone’s voice in the background says, “If the rumors are that widespread, there is a reason.”

As the text on screen reads, “An unsolved serial case. One man stands in the middle of the cases,” the voice continues, “This all happened after that man appeared. You met someone who you weren’t supposed to a few days ago, didn’t you? You provoked that.” In the dark night, Kim Moo Young trembles with bloody hands while Gong Seong Ji appears to approach something frightening.

Suddenly, a group of zombies are shown in a bus, followed by Kim Moo Young and Gong Seon Ji, who look shockingly pale and are frighteningly covered in blood. Along with the caption, “A dangerous meeting that can’t be reversed,” Kim Moo Young wonders with a trembling voice, “Could I become human again?”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1417632wpp/watch-choi-jin-hyuk-and-park-ju-hyun-make-a-frightening-transformation-in-new-teaser-for-zombie-drama

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, booha said:

** Zombie Detective will premier 8/31

Choi Jin-hyuk X Park Ju-hyun 'Zombie Detective',  confirmed premier on 8/31

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2020/08/810131/

[Teaser] A mystery serial case, a man at the center of the case...[Zombie Detective]

(translation)

(002) If rumors spread widely like this,
(005) there has to be a reason, a reason…

(009) [ A mystery serial case]

(012) This is what happened after that man came.

(015) [a man at the center of the case]

(018) You met something you shouldn't have met a few days ago?
(023) You made it notice you (??)

(025) CJH  (027) PJH
(030) An irreversible, dangerous encounter
(032) Would I return as a human being…?

@booha, thanks for sharing the teaser. Also, thanks for sharing the translation of the text on the screen of the video. This will be at 9:30 p.m. KST, following the conclusion of “To All the Guys Who Loved Me.” Can't wait! :blush:

• Like 2

** Now we know about the secret of Kim Moo Young’s transformation , BB cream and perfume. Lol  :joy:

((translated portion))
Choi Jin-hyuk took on the role of Kim Moo-young, a zombie in the second year of reborn.   
In the zombie plays we've seen before, a zombie character has scary and grotesque looks.  
However, Kim Moo-young not only speaks the perfect language after practicing hard day and night, but also masters a clean and warm visual look with BB cream and perfume.

:gangnamstyle:

zJ7J5P1.jpg

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202008100814051910

SeIlTeZ.jpg

Spoiler

lUOCwuB.jpg

cr to DC

• Like 1

Choi Jin Hyuk Is A Perfectly Human Zombie In Upcoming KBS Drama

Drama Preview  Aug 10, 2020   by S. P
Choi Jin Hyuk Is A Perfectly Human Zombie In Upcoming KBS Drama
KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Zombie Detective” (literal title) has unveiled another glimpse of Choi Jin Hyuk!

“Zombie Detective” is a new “human comedy” about a zombie in his second year of resurrection who becomes a detective in order to seek out the truth about his past. Choi Jin Hyuk will be starring as Kim Moo Young, the titular zombie detective who finds himself struggling to adapt to his new life and coexisting with humans.

Unlike the scary zombies seen in conventional films and dramas, Kim Moo Young will be a perfectly articulate and intelligent zombie who boats an impressive physique and a heart of gold to boot.

The newly released photos show the human side of Kim Moo Young. With his eyebrows furrowed as if he’s deep in thought, Kim Moo Young has all the makings of a perfect zombie who is able to express his emotions. The second photo shows him with his arms folded and his eyes lowered in contemplation.

Spoiler

Choi-Jin-Hyuk-4.jpg

Choi-Jin-Hyuk-5.jpg

Throughout the drama, Kim Moo Young is expected to solve cases in a refreshing manner using his instinctive investigation skills and his ability to sympathize with human emotions. Along for the ride is Gong Seon Ji (Park Ju Hyun), a writer of an investigative journalism program with unrivaled optimism, tenacity, and sense of justice. The pair will take viewers on a thrilling adventure as they uncover the pieces of Kim Moo Young’s mysterious past. In addition, the quirky chemistry between the unlikely duo is sure to provide plenty of laughs.

“Zombie Detective” is currently scheduled to premiere later this year, following the conclusion of KBS 2TV’s romantic comedy “To All the Guys Who Loved Me.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1418225wpp/choi-jin-hyuk-is-a-perfectly-human-zombie-in-upcoming-kbs-drama

• Like 1

Watch: Choi Jin Hyuk And Park Ju Hyun Are Unlike What They Appear To Be In New Zombie Drama Teasers

Drama Preview  Aug 11, 2020   by S. Nam
Watch: Choi Jin Hyuk And Park Ju Hyun Are Unlike What They Appear To Be In New Zombie Drama Teasers
KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Zombie Detective” (literal title) released hilarious new teasers!

“Zombie Detective” is a comedy about a zombie in his second year of resurrection who becomes a detective and desperately searches for the truth about his past. Choi Jin Hyuk will be starring as Kim Moo Young, the titular zombie detective who struggles to adapt to his new life and coexist with humans. Park Ju Hyun will be taking on the role of Gong Seon Ji, a writer for an investigative journalism program who has unrivaled optimism, tenacity, and sense of justice.

The first teaser begins with Gong Seon Ji narrating, “It’ll probably be your first time seeing this kind of zombie.” Clips of Kim Moo Young as a clumsy and human-like zombie flash by as Gong Seon Ji describes, “He’s petty, weak, has a great appetite, and he’s also overflowing with affection. He’s a sweet and salty zombie that’s never existed in the world.”

In another teaser, Kim Moo Young introduces Gong Seon Ji by revealing, “It’s my first time seeing a human like this.” On screen, Gong Seon Ji is overflowing with vigor in her fight for justice. Kim Moo Young explains, “She’s more zombie-like than a zombie with her abnormal stamina and desirable tenacity. She’s a really absurd human who’s more savage than a zombie."

“Zombie Detective” will premiere on August 31 at 9:30 p.m. KST, following the conclusion of KBS 2TV’s romantic comedy “To All the Guys Who Loved Me.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1418336wpp/watch-choi-jin-hyuk-and-park-ju-hyun-are-unlike-what-they-appear-to-be-in-new-zombie-drama-teasers

• Like 1

10 New K-Dramas Premiering In August

Another exciting month is here for K-drama fans! 10 television dramas are scheduled to premiere this month.

Here’s what to look out for in August:

“Zombie Detective”

zombie-detective.jpeg

Cast: Choi Jin HyukPark Ju Hyun, Im Se Joo, Lee Jong Ok, Hwang Bo RaAhn Se HaPark Dong BinKwon Hwa WoonTae Hang HoBae Yoo Ram, etc.

Premiere Date: August 31

Broadcast Details: Mondays and Tuesdays at 9:30 p.m. KST on KBS2

“Zombie Detective” is a comedy about zombie Kim Moo Young (Choi Jin Hyuk) in his second year of resurrection who becomes a detective and desperately searches for the truth about his past. Park Ju Hyun will be taking on the role of Gong Seon Ji, a writer for an investigative journalism program with unrivaled optimism, tenacity, and sense of justice. Watch teasers here!

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 2

2 hours ago, booha said:

character posters:

Kim Moo Young (by Choi Jin Hyuk)

A zombie in his second year of resurrection that wishes to be human

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202008120918091910

@booha, thanks for sharing the character poster + what the poster says. Can't wait for “Zombie Detective” to premiere on August 31. He looks hot as a zombie. Well, he's always HOT! Fighting, CJH for your upcoming drama! :blush:

• Like 3

@booha @willenette chingoos long time no hear fr me hahaha i just saw this article fr hancinema about his new proj Zombie woah it sounds intriguing! how are you chingoos? sorry i hvnt been here i got bz with other thread & i hope CJH won't outcast me now hahaha

Not sure if u guys got this artic here but i guess it won't hurt if it's a dup! this is something to look f/ward to! mind u guys i haven't finished his other proj hahaha---- i hope u guys are doing well! TTYL

https://www.hancinema.net/choi-jin-hyuk-a-zombie-who-uses-bb-cream-and-perfume--144025.html?utm_source=BenchmarkEmail&utm_campaign=HanCinema_Daily_Test&utm_medium=email

Choi Jin-hyuk, a Zombie Who Uses BB Cream and Perfume?

photo1220118.jpg

Choi Jin-hyuk turns into a mojo zombie.

The upcoming KBS 2TV drama "Zombie Detective" is a human comedy drama about a zombie who's been revived 2 years ago, struggling to find his past.

photo1220120.jpg

Choi Jin-hyuk takes on the role of Kim Moo-yeong, a reincarnated zombie of 2 years. Unlike the typical scary looking zombies that scream their heads off, Kim Moo-yeong speaks the language perfectly and uses BB cream and perfume to appear good looking.

photo1220119.jpg

In the released pictures, Kim Moo-yeong looks neat and tidy without a trace of zombie-ness.

How he will depict this beyond imagination character is drawing lots of attention. Choi Jin-hyuk who turns into a detective in this drama will solve cases with instinctive investigative powers and humanism. In addition, Gong Sun-ji (Park Ju-hyun) joins him in an unsolved case and leads an exciting story by searching for traces of Kim Moo-yeong's mysterious past.

"Zombie Detective" begins on the 31st at 9:30PM.

cr: Source : www.sportsseoul.com/n...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@hibiscus23

Hi always happy to see your posting  haha  Yup CJH has a zombie- Sherlock and Watson-comedy drama.   Will it be good or…??  oh well  haha   It looks like CHJ is having fun with this zombie character.  
Take care & be safe FXG4aoi.png

**such hilarious zombie Kim Moo Young :grimace::sweat_smile:
(from teaser2)

vYeqhfI.jpg

qEelMHn.jpg

Spoiler

7Urih95.jpg

x66rl3n.jpg

vzGxqAo.jpg

Uwn5Vzc.jpg

tBztyzg.jpg

2dqQZWb.jpg

RJWQXJc.jpg

1L1zNH2.jpg

8JbEFfc.gif

cr to DC

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@booha @willenette chingoos long time no hear fr me hahaha i just saw this article fr hancinema about his new proj Zombie woah it sounds intriguing! how are you chingoos? sorry i hvnt been here i got bz with other thread & i hope CJH won't outcast me now hahaha

Not sure if u guys got this artic here but i guess it won't hurt if it's a dup! this is something to look f/ward to! mind u guys i haven't finished his other proj hahaha---- i hope u guys are doing well! TTYL

https://www.hancinema.net/choi-jin-hyuk-a-zombie-who-uses-bb-cream-and-perfume--144025.html?utm_source=BenchmarkEmail&utm_campaign=HanCinema_Daily_Test&utm_medium=email

Choi Jin-hyuk, a Zombie Who Uses BB Cream and Perfume?

Choi Jin-hyuk turns into a mojo zombie.

The upcoming KBS 2TV drama "Zombie Detective" is a human comedy drama about a zombie who's been revived 2 years ago, struggling to find his past.

Choi Jin-hyuk takes on the role of Kim Moo-yeong, a reincarnated zombie of 2 years. Unlike the typical scary looking zombies that scream their heads off, Kim Moo-yeong speaks the language perfectly and uses BB cream and perfume to appear good looking.

In the released pictures, Kim Moo-yeong looks neat and tidy without a trace of zombie-ness.

How he will depict this beyond imagination character is drawing lots of attention. Choi Jin-hyuk who turns into a detective in this drama will solve cases with instinctive investigative powers and humanism. In addition, Gong Sun-ji (Park Ju-hyun) joins him in an unsolved case and leads an exciting story by searching for traces of Kim Moo-yeong's mysterious past.

"Zombie Detective" begins on the 31st at 9:30PM.

cr: Source : www.sportsseoul.com/n...

@hibiscus23, oh......happy to see you here, dear. I miss you! Thanks for sharing this. So NICE to see you're doing fine. :blush:

• Like 2

Hello everyone, I discovered Jin hyuk through Rugal. And uhh...the writing and direction didn't go so well in the end. :sweatingbullets:

But then I came across DJ and thought he was a great romcom lead. I also tried Justice, Last Empress, and Tunnel which so far seems to be his best drama. 

I guess he really likes thrillers, but I hope to see him in more light hearted roles in the future. Zombie Detective sounds right up my alley. Hopefully it works out well for him! 

• Like 3

@booha@willenette you're welcome for that article, it's always nice to contribute something hehehe

same here chingoos so happy to be back here & knowing our CJH got another drama! gosh he's super bz N hard to keep up w/his projects! like i said i hvnt even finish his other drama hahaha! glad u guys are ok too and still so loyal to CJH!

take care & see u again here!:2540_meh:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

@Skyline   

Ohhh you did watch some of his dramas Very happy to hear
Yup Rugal was quite a letdown for me too :(  I always like Rugal type of action movies but sadly someone screwed it up.  They had a good cast.   Yes I have a feeling, if he has any choice he just wants to be in an action/thriller, but in kdrama land he can’t completely neglect romance/romcom right?  haha. Sooner of later he has to put on another white suit with a romance hat. :kiss_wink:

I’m beginning to like this coming of his new drama   Zombie Sherlock (he is my favor character too ) and this gung-ho Watson, and then possible a love line??  hehe 

CJH IG: "You are still a baby,  Mongsil-i"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDxShNVgaJ8/?igshid=ae6c8fl2t8ox

**(from CJH IG-story) Well that salad bowl is huge. He must be on a diet regimen for the drama.  :expressionless:

• Love 2