Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

"The newly released teaser is in the format of an MV and features clips of Choi Jin Hyuk singing YB’s “Mint Candy” on the September 5 broadcast of KBS 2TV’s “Immortal Song.”"

Watch: Choi Jin Hyuk Conveys The Lonely Life Of A Zombie Through Song In MV Teaser For “Zombie Detective”

Drama Preview  Sep 18, 2020  by S. Nam

Watch: Choi Jin Hyuk Conveys The Lonely Life Of A Zombie Through Song In MV Teaser For “Zombie Detective”

KBS 2TV’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Zombie Detective” released a new teaser starring Choi Jin Hyuk!

Spoiler

“Zombie Detective” is a comedy about a zombie in his second year of resurrection who becomes a detective and desperately searches for truth about his past. Choi Jin Hyuk will be starring as Kim Moo Young, the titular zombie detective who struggles to adapt to his new life and coexist with humans.

The newly released teaser is in the format of an MV and features clips of Choi Jin Hyuk singing YB’s “Mint Candy” on the September 5 broadcast of KBS 2TV’s “Immortal Song.”

Along with the lyrics that seem to convey the sadness of having to live a lonely existence as an undead zombie who has completely forgotten his past memories, the teaser presents the pitiful life of a zombie.

Choi Jin Hyuk captivates the audience as he sings, “I want to go back to those innocent times,” reflecting Kim Moo Young’s longing for his past life. His performance overlaps with scenes of Kim Moo Young running aimlessly through the forest in the dark night, highlight the complicated feelings Kim Moo Young experiences on the inside after unexpectedly coming back to life.

Furthermore, another scene depicts Kim Moo Young screaming in surprise in front of the remains of an animal while holding up his bloodied hands. As Kim Moo Young suffers alone and confused, he portrays the pitiful destiny of a zombie who can’t even control his wild instincts.

Watch the full MV teaser below!

“Zombie Detective” premieres on September 21 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1426162wpp/watch-choi-jin-hyuk-conveys-the-lonely-life-of-a-zombie-through-song-in-mv-teaser-for-zombie-detective

Zombie Detective Highlight

3 hours ago, willenette said:

@booha, thanks for sharing this. CJH said during the presscon that he's having fun filming the drama although there’s some discomfort when it comes to filming because of the special effects of his makeup.. He added that he trusts in the director, though. He also mentioned that he took a bubble bath for the first time in his life in the drama. He's laughing saying this. I think I should look forward to this scene. Hmmm............I'm excited about this drama. Best of luck to CJH! :blush:

Whaha  his first time bubble bath!! :sweat_smile:   I thought all the entertainers took a bubble bath and face mask as a part of a upkeeping beauty regime  haha   Yeah I’m curious what kind of Zombie PDnim made CJH to portray.  

Hoping not too many scary scenes. :confounded:

• LOL 1

11 hours ago, booha said:

"The newly released teaser is in the format of an MV and features clips of Choi Jin Hyuk singing YB’s “Mint Candy” on the September 5 broadcast of KBS 2TV’s “Immortal Song.”"

Drama Preview  Sep 18, 2020  by S. Nam

KBS 2TV’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Zombie Detective” released a new teaser starring Choi Jin Hyuk!

Reveal hidden contents

“Zombie Detective” is a comedy about a zombie in his second year of resurrection who becomes a detective and desperately searches for truth about his past. Choi Jin Hyuk will be starring as Kim Moo Young, the titular zombie detective who struggles to adapt to his new life and coexist with humans.

The newly released teaser is in the format of an MV and features clips of Choi Jin Hyuk singing YB’s “Mint Candy” on the September 5 broadcast of KBS 2TV’s “Immortal Song.”

Along with the lyrics that seem to convey the sadness of having to live a lonely existence as an undead zombie who has completely forgotten his past memories, the teaser presents the pitiful life of a zombie.

Choi Jin Hyuk captivates the audience as he sings, “I want to go back to those innocent times,” reflecting Kim Moo Young’s longing for his past life. His performance overlaps with scenes of Kim Moo Young running aimlessly through the forest in the dark night, highlight the complicated feelings Kim Moo Young experiences on the inside after unexpectedly coming back to life.

Furthermore, another scene depicts Kim Moo Young screaming in surprise in front of the remains of an animal while holding up his bloodied hands. As Kim Moo Young suffers alone and confused, he portrays the pitiful destiny of a zombie who can’t even control his wild instincts.

Watch the full MV teaser below!

“Zombie Detective” premieres on September 21 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1426162wpp/watch-choi-jin-hyuk-conveys-the-lonely-life-of-a-zombie-through-song-in-mv-teaser-for-zombie-detective

Zombie Detective Highlight

Whaha  his first time bubble bath!! :sweat_smile:   I thought all the entertainers took a bubble bath and face mask as a part of a upkeeping beauty regime  haha   Yeah I’m curious what kind of Zombie PDnim made CJH to portray.  

Hoping not too many scary scenes. :confounded:

@booha, thanks for sharing this. You know, having bubble bath all the time is not really that good for your skin. Soaking in a tub of bubble bath can actually dehydrate your skin by stripping away natural oils, leaving it feeling dry and itchy. There are some who can develop a contact dermatitis, or allergy, to the products.So, instead of being soothed, your skin could end up red and flaky. :blush:  I guess we will laugh more watching this than being scared based from the teasers/trailers we've seen. :grin:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Park Ju Hyun Hilariously Knocks Choi Jin Hyuk Down In Upcoming Drama “Zombie Detective”

ab0ff2c676f048098125c768f759e2bc.jpeg?s=

Upcoming KBS 2TV drama “Zombie Detective” released new stills of Park Ju Hyun and Choi Jin Hyuk ahead of its premiere!

The new Monday-Tuesday drama is a comedy about a zombie in his second year of resurrection who becomes a detective and desperately searches for truth about his past. Choi Jin Hyuk will be starring as Kim Moo Young, the titular zombie detective who struggles to adapt to his new life and coexist with humans. Park Ju Hyun will take on the role of Gong Seon Ji, a writer of an investigative journalism program with unrivaled optimism, tenacity, and a sense of justice.

In the photos, Gong Seon Ji gazes at someone with determination as she swings her helmet back with full force. it seems like Kim Moo Young is her target because he is collapsed on the ground with a stunned look on his face.

These stills suggest there was a fierce chase between the two. Although Gong Seon Ji has hit her target, she looks apologetic as she frantically checks up on him.

park-ju-hyun-choi-jin-hyuk.jpg

The production team shared, “It will be interesting to focus on the different zombie and human chemistry and the actors who are perfectly assimilated into their characters.”

Check out a teaser for the drama below:

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 2

*** KBS2 TV’s newest Monday-Tuesday series, "Zombie Detective" launches on September 21 & that's tomorrow! I hope this drama will do well rating-wise. The drama banks on an appealing material that is thrilling and comic at the same time. It has a lot of funny elements to be enjoyed by the viewers. Good luck, CJH! :blush:

• Like 2

@willenette

I found out the first two EPs of ZD were already released some place.   Yes earlier there were articles about this joint production but I guess I missed about this part, 2EPs-early broadcast(on Sat) before airing it in Korea(M&T)

((part translation ))

'Zombie Detective' is the first original content collaborated by terrestrial-OTT-IPTV, and three companies, KBS, wave (wavve), and SK Broadband, jointly produced and invested. Every Saturday, two episodes are exclusively released on Wave and B TV, followed by KBS on Monday and Tuesday at 9:30 pm.

(9/7) https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20200907104628598

real_jinhyuk

Finally tonight at 9:30. #kbs #Zombie Detective #first broadcast!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFYAUE3AAZW/

5AlTs9p.jpg

cr to DC

fx51OGP.jpg

https://www.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/A2020091908160004452?did=DA

eK3KSuD.jpg

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202009180812006710

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

** Omg  it’s so funny  whahaha   PDnim is good. He knows how to turn around a scary zombie into a helpless comical one. :tounge_xd: 
However  the rating for EP1 is rather low. Maybe this drama isn’t for whole family

ZD EP1 ratings: 2.9 and 3.6 percent.

“18 Again” And “Zombie Detective” Go Head-To-Head In Premiere Ratings As “Record Of Youth” Holds On To Lead

TV/Film  Sep 21, 2020   by C. Hong
Spoiler

“18 Again” And “Zombie Detective” Go Head-To-Head In Premiere Ratings As “Record Of Youth” Holds On To Lead

Two new dramas made their premiere in the Monday-Tuesday night time slot!

According to Nielsen Korea, the September 21 episode of tvN’s “Record of Youth” took the lead in its time slot with average nationwide ratings of 7.801 percent.

On KBS, “Zombie Detective” premiered to average nationwide ratings of 2.9 and 3.6 percent. “Zombie Detective” stars Choi Jin Hyuk and Park Ju Hyun in a comedy about a zombie in his second year of resurrection who becomes a detective to search for the truth about his past. The premiere ratings are a slight increase from the finale ratings of “To All the Guys Who Loved Me,” the last drama to air on KBS in this time slot.

On JTBC, “18 Again” premiered to average nationwide ratings of 1.753 percent. Based on the American film “17 Again,” “18 Again” stars Kim Ha Neul, Yoon Sang Hyun, and Lee Do Hyun in a story about a man on the brink of divorce who suddenly finds himself back in the body of his 18-year-old self.

On SBS, “Do You Like Brahms?” garnered average nationwide ratings of 4.4 and 5.8 percent. This is similar to its ratings from last week, when it also set a personal best.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1426915wpp/18-again-and-zombie-detective-go-head-to-head-in-premiere-ratings-as-record-of-youth-holds-on-to-lead

KBS: https://www.facebook.com/KBSdrama/videos/4659227397428472

'Crazy cameo lineup revealed'

#Yoo Jae Suk  #Songgain  #Kim Yohan  #Yu Minsang
#Kim Minkyung  #Na Tae-joo   #Lee Youngji

#Ace_Chan  #Ace_jun

Tonight at 9 pm
Zombie Detective Episode 2 will be broadcast. Coming soon!
Zombie gongsaeng human comic drama #zombie detective
Airs every [Mon & Tu] 9 PM (KST)

Flower Zombie #Kim Muyoung
2th year of treadmill, it's successful to bloom and walk!
Airs every [Mon&Tu] 9 PM (KST)
119982634_4664340753583803_8453298790936004959_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=cOmwqng9QkoAX_MepVe&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=3e7e8d841f25b2f579044d4d58dfa743&oe=5F8F41CA

Spoiler

119994822_4664340756917136_8422926934657774728_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=aj2X76dwPsQAX9dkCBR&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=cb0be1bea2130ec1fc4a3d884ced9052&oe=5F8FB97A

119966746_4664340750250470_2937818088980578220_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=ZvEP_WGjmUAAX-4fxLc&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=3a36203a90b377434f86988373b6643b&oe=5F90E1A0

Muyoung dance is coming soon
Airs every [Mon&Tu] 9 PM (KST)
Spoiler

120078551_4664286500255895_45400061065963300_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=lSCOLY3Pt80AX9gNpzL&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=2a8e4b3072eb367583c4cc3c7da875d7&oe=5F906968

120092690_4664286496922562_2892414564625975293_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=8LwOqDS8cOwAX-Xb5Xj&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=47427bdf3708c23def3242c005d2f28b&oe=5F8D1569

119992047_4664286493589229_5191510785445393720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=DOG1fqD7iwgAX8sCXxD&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=735bfa21adcaefe5e807773b53cbbe1e&oe=5F8D530C

• Like 1

Just now, booha said:

** Omg  it’s so funny  whahaha   PDnim is good. He knows how to turn around a scary zombie into a helpless comical one. :tounge_xd: 
However  the rating for EP1 is rather low. Maybe this drama isn’t for whole family

ZD EP1 ratings: 2.9 and 3.6 percent.

TV/Film  Sep 21, 2020   by C. Hong
  Reveal hidden contents

Two new dramas made their premiere in the Monday-Tuesday night time slot!

According to Nielsen Korea, the September 21 episode of tvN’s “Record of Youth” took the lead in its time slot with average nationwide ratings of 7.801 percent.

On KBS, “Zombie Detective” premiered to average nationwide ratings of 2.9 and 3.6 percent. “Zombie Detective” stars Choi Jin Hyuk and Park Ju Hyun in a comedy about a zombie in his second year of resurrection who becomes a detective to search for the truth about his past. The premiere ratings are a slight increase from the finale ratings of “To All the Guys Who Loved Me,” the last drama to air on KBS in this time slot.

On JTBC, “18 Again” premiered to average nationwide ratings of 1.753 percent. Based on the American film “17 Again,” “18 Again” stars Kim Ha Neul, Yoon Sang Hyun, and Lee Do Hyun in a story about a man on the brink of divorce who suddenly finds himself back in the body of his 18-year-old self.

On SBS, “Do You Like Brahms?” garnered average nationwide ratings of 4.4 and 5.8 percent. This is similar to its ratings from last week, when it also set a personal best.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1426915wpp/18-again-and-zombie-detective-go-head-to-head-in-premiere-ratings-as-record-of-youth-holds-on-to-lead

Reveal hidden contents

119994822_4664340756917136_8422926934657774728_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=aj2X76dwPsQAX9dkCBR&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=cb0be1bea2130ec1fc4a3d884ced9052&oe=5F8FB97A

119966746_4664340750250470_2937818088980578220_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=ZvEP_WGjmUAAX-4fxLc&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=3a36203a90b377434f86988373b6643b&oe=5F90E1A0

Reveal hidden contents

120078551_4664286500255895_45400061065963300_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=lSCOLY3Pt80AX9gNpzL&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=2a8e4b3072eb367583c4cc3c7da875d7&oe=5F906968

120092690_4664286496922562_2892414564625975293_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=8LwOqDS8cOwAX-Xb5Xj&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=47427bdf3708c23def3242c005d2f28b&oe=5F8D1569

119992047_4664286493589229_5191510785445393720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=DOG1fqD7iwgAX8sCXxD&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=735bfa21adcaefe5e807773b53cbbe1e&oe=5F8D530C

@booha, thanks for sharing this. I hope the ratings will increase as the EP progresses. :anguished:

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Choi Jin Hyuk Shows Off His Groovy Moves In “Zombie Detective”

0ffee0f0fe6b4be39415153cbac3a7ec.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Zombie Detective” has released new stills ahead of today’s episode!

“Zombie Detective” is a comedy about a zombie in his second year of resurrection who becomes a detective and desperately searches for truth about his past. Choi Jin Hyuk will be starring as Kim Moo Young, the titular zombie detective who struggles to adapt to his new life and coexist with humans. Park Ju Hyun will take on the role of Gong Seon Ji, a writer of an investigative journalism program with unrivaled optimism, tenacity, and a sense of justice.

Spoiler

Spoiler

In the first episode, Kim Moo Young awoke as a zombie at a medical waste landfill. He coincidentally ran into Gong Seon Ji and became shocked by his instinctive hunger for meat. He was able to resist taking a bite of her though, and instead, he decided to patiently wait until he could eat beef tripe hot pot.

In the next episode, Kim Moo Young will discover a new restaurant that sells beef tripe hot pot. The newest stills show the zombie glancing hungrily towards the food. Carefully, he approaches the sign and vigilantly waits for a chance to get a meal. Perhaps it’s his desperation for beef tripe hot pot, but he mixes into a group of part-time workers dressed up as zombies and dances along with them.

choi-jin-hyuk.jpg

You can catch this musical-like scene in the next episode of “Zombie Detective,” which will air on September 22 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

Check out the drama here:

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

ZD EP2 ratings: 2.7% & 3%

**This zombie dancing scene is best  I couldn’t stop watching it. :sweat_smile:

“Selling souls to humans?! Human zombie and real zombie collaboration scene”

1uddEz6.gif

S1njElm.gif

x6VfZcv.gif

Spoiler

MYPRRko.gif

8rD69ZD.gif

FOpayva.gif

TbaNEow.gif

cr to DC

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

3 hours ago, booha said:

ZD EP2 ratings: 2.7% & 3%

**This zombie dancing scene is best  I couldn’t stop watching it. :sweat_smile:

“Selling souls to humans?! Human zombie and real zombie collaboration scene”

Reveal hidden contents

MYPRRko.gif

8rD69ZD.gif

FOpayva.gif

TbaNEow.gif

cr to DC

@boohaCJH  looks so scary yet funny while performing this zombie dance. This drama will be very interesting to watch at a unique zombie and human chemistry.  - hahaha  :grin:

• Like 2

***CJH  is receiving praise from viewers as well as from the producers and staff members of his new drama for his passionate character portrayal especially on a recent episode aired this week where he secretively ate raw cow intestines! This scene went viral. He said that it was his first time ever eating raw intestines.So to make it seem real he just shut his eyes tight and ate it . A representative from Choi Jin Hyuk's side also added that he had a hard time afterward.  The head producers commented, "I don't know how much of that he swallowed - tearing the intestines with his teeth." Everyone showered him with applause. Ahhh...............CJH  is doing a fantastic job of constructing this character.  He could get food poisoning this way. I don't eat  raw food, like sushi.................... :anguished:

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, booha said:

@booha, thanks for sharing this. This drama took me in one hell of a ride. It's so hilarious & entertaining. It’s not your ordinary zombie story. The first few episodes are really worth watching. I definitely love his role in this drama. Both his comic and serious sides. But, I have a question : How did Choi Jin Hyuk became a zombie? If you have watched "Zombie Detective" I know that you will have this question as well. There were no dull moments watching the drama! To be honest,  I enjoyed watching it from start to end of episode two. It's a highlight indeed for me to see a zombie rap, dance and believe so much in the power of BB Cream - hahaha.  The mystery that wraps Choi Jin Hyuk’s character will surely keep you hooked.  :blush:

• Like 2

“Zombie Detective” Choi Jin Hyuk Takes On A Group Of Kids As Clients

e8f0c9298ab244408cf00f4d6c265320.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s new drama “Zombie Detective” has revealed a sneak peek of its next episode!

Spoilers

Spoiler

On the previous episode of “Zombie Detective,” zombie Kim Moo Young (played by Choi Jin Hyuk) came to terms with his fate and began training to appear human again. In the process, he accidentally witnessed a murder, and he ended up becoming a “zombie detective” after receiving the key to a private investigator’s office and ID from the unknown dying man.

In the upcoming episode of the drama, Kim Moo Young will set out on his new career by taking on a case brought to him by a group of children. A trio of elementary school students led by Lee Joon Woo (Sung Min Joon), the young nephew of Gong Seon Ji (Park Ju Hyun), approach Kim Moo Young and offer him 500 won (approximately 43 cents) to find a missing dog.

After hearing their initial offer, Kim Moo Young responds with disbelief at the kids’ proposed fee, and at the end of some hilariously petty squabbling, they finally bring out the big guns: a crisp 5000 won (approximately $4) bill.

Zombie-Detective.jpg

However, Kim Moo Young gains more from his encounter with the children than just 5000 won. Not only does he help them with their case, but they also wind up unexpectedly helping him in his quest to find clues about his forgotten past. Additionally, as Gong Seon Ji’s nephew, Lee Joon Woo ends up bringing her and Kim Moo Young together.

The next episode of “Zombie Detective” will air on September 28 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

In the meantime, catch up on the first two episodes of the drama with English subtitles below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1
  • Love 1

**I found this article which talks about many things but the one that caught my real interest was “B-class codes”  I never heard this term and I had to guess in some way it had influence on the shape/color of the drama.  After some googling I found it was called “B-class culture” (this one happened as a Korean phenomenon).  
((**for anyone interested in reading …))  
“B-class culture”: two articles talk about what it is in Korea.

'Cheesy ‘B-class culture’ sweeps Korea'(2012): http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20121005000818

'Kitschy pop culture in vogue '(2013): http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/culture/2013/12/386_142827.html

“B movie” (google) https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=B+movie%2C+B+film

(wiki) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B_movie

(video clip)

B-CLASS CULTURAL HERITAGE - B級文化遺産

Spoiler

gwJEQ7z.gif

((translation))

Will “Zombie Detective” with the efforts of poignantly touching zombie revive the KBS drama?
“Zombie Detective”, a comedy but laughter comes with a feeling of melancholy 

OysVoWo.jpg

Are there any other hilarious zombies like this one?
Probably, viewers who watched the KBS new M&Tu drama <Zombie Detective> may have been surprised by the zombie that is so different from the current zombie genre.
Currently our zombie genre, K-zombie, is attracting attention from overseas.   The zombie (Choi Jin-hyuk) of <Zombie Detective> turns out to be hilariously funny rather than scary.

The zombie, who wakes up without knowing how he was killed, is not as energetic as the zombies in <Go to Busan>, <#Alive> and <Kingdom>.
Even if he tries to move fast, his body acts sluggishly.  Even if he tries to throw stones, he has no strength.   He gets so hungry and finally faints which makes his eyes turn red,  and then he wakes up to find dead animals.

Spoiler

So this zombie is different from current zombie types which are good at running and flock around in groups menacingly.
In addition, this zombie tries to control his appetite for humans.
When he looks at humans, he starts drooling automatically, but he thinks that's something he shouldn't do.
It’s inevitable this zombie is a weaker one in this deadly human world, when he has less than human abilities yet he insists on certain ethical boundaries.

So, the way this zombie bleeds through pronunciation correction, handling chopsticks, and walking practice for a year in order to behave like a human, gives a laugh that is worthy of the title of 'entertainment/or variety drama'.
In particular, the scene in which this zombie who has learned to speak through rap training for  pronunciation correction becomes funnier with CJH’s hilarious acting.

After accidentally witnessing the murder of a detective, he goes down to town and lives in his detective office while experiencing our world.
In order to survive he even tries to earn meager money from children. The scene appears to be funny but it shows a poignant black comedy.
The zombie that used to threaten humans is now striving to survive in the human world.
This black comedy's interesting posture is to reverse the relationship between zombies and humans in the common zombie genre and portray a more terrifying human world than zombies.

fQhEvWg.jpg

Spoiler

With the emergence of new platforms such as Netflix and YouTube in recent years, basic legacy-media ((like IPTV & cable tv)) faces a sense of crisis.
KBS can’t ignore this change  while  KBS dramas are gradually losing their market share except weekend dramas
In addition, the newly created native OTT wave to respond to these platforms, and IPTV, which is now losing its trending with the arrival of OTT, are feeling the same sense of crisis. In that sense, the fact that KBS, Wave, and SK Broadband jointly invested in the production of this work has a significant meaning.

Will <Zombie Detective> revive the stagnant KBS drama?

The drama is from the entertainment/variety drama-section. It has a fusion of zombie genres, black comedy, detectives, and maybe even melo, and contains B-class codes. So it’s a wonder whether it’s suitable for KBS which is a somewhat conservative channel, as the rating of this work stays at 3%(Nielsen Korea)
 Nevertheless it deserves at least the applause for <Zombie Detective>'s unusual attempt.

http://www.entermedia.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=20644

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Choi Jin Hyuk Receives An Odd Proposition From Park Ju Hyun In “Zombie Detective”

69e7285849da4a479cabe57f630a53a0.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Zombie Detective” has released new stills ahead of the new episode!

“Zombie Detective” is a comedy about a zombie in his second year of resurrection who becomes a detective and desperately searches for the truth about his past. Choi Jin Hyuk stars as Kim Moo Young, the titular zombie detective who struggles to adapt to his new life and coexist with humans. Park Ju Hyun plays Gong Seon Ji, a writer of an investigative journalism program with unrivaled optimism, tenacity, and a sense of justice.

Spoilers

Spoiler

Previously, Kim Moo Young began his new life as a zombie detective after taking on the identity of a man who had been mysteriously murdered and taking on his first case from a group of children. Seeing him with the children, Gong Seon Ji misunderstood what was happening and threw a helmet at his head. Without a penny to his name, Kim Moo Young set out to collect settlement money from Gong Seon Ji and ended up saving her from being kidnapped by a cult while drunk. Kim Moo Young grew flustered when Gong Seon Ji fell on his cold chest and muttered, “It’s warm,” signaling the moment their lives began to intertwine.

As the zombie detective and journalist begin to grow closer to one another, the new stills preview an intriguing development between the pair. Of particular interest is the flyer that Gong Seon Ji holds up to show him, which advertises a crash diet. Kim Moo Young looks down as he seriously ponders her offer. Another still shows him following a group of suspicious people into the forest, making viewers question why a zombie who has nothing to gain from a diet would be interested in the program.

Choi-Jin-Hyuk-Park-Ju-Hyun.jpg

The next episode of “Zombie Detective” will air via KBS on September 28 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

In the meantime, catch up on the drama with English subtitles below:

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Love 2

**I don’t know why I felt touched by the last scene of Moo Young & Sun Ji.  Maybe their dialogue …maybe the background music…
MY: ‘Heart doesn’t even beat. It has become cold. :rip:
SJ: It’s warm…  :sparklyeyes:
But hopefully it’s them.     It’s about time to see some kind of chemistry from them.  Since they are supposed to be a zombie-Sherlock & Watson team, any steaming love line would be out?!    hehe  Maybe that’s good because they exude none of it.   Yeah maybe they are better as a working team: two socially misfits, one with constant paranoia and fainting spells from extreme hunger, and the other, out of her mind with uncontrollable obsession about the Santa murderer. 

krfI47F.gif

MY discovers he has a hidden martial art skill.  The first clue about who he was

B)

qBtLuqO.gif

Spoiler

FLMzc95.gif

hZrpCbE.gif

VtxQWA1.gif

free tripe stew  :mrgreen:

0Pn0Ckh.gif

Spoiler

1W4cukl.gif

f9yKUt8.gif

:evillaugh::wut:

Spoiler

DSUjNdt.gif

TLku9OS.gif

nebc3Mx.gif

cr to DC

• Awesome 1

*** I hope the ratings will increase as the EP progresses. I hope things could change in the coming weeks.  :neutral:

**********************************************************************************************************

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Sep. 21-27, 2020

LINK here : Dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/09/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-sep-21-27-2020/

dramaratings_3.jpg

Monday, Sep. 21      
Zombie Detective 1 KBS 3.6%
Do You Like Brahms 7 SBS 5.8%
Eighteen Again 1 JTBC 1.8%
Record of Youth 5 tvN 7.8%
Tuesday, Sep. 22      
Zombie Detective 2 KBS 3.0%
Do You Like Brahms 8 SBS 6.3%
Eighteen Again 2 JTBC 2.4%
Record of Youth 6 tvN 7.0%

• Like 2