Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

On 8/11/2019 at 7:42 AM, gm4queen said:

Hello everyone....

Wave to dear @booha chingu here! My very first post here! Dropping by to show my love for Choi Jin Hyuk!

To be honest,  Fated To Love You is my very first drama of Choi Jin Hyuk!! And then I watched him in The Last Empress... But he was most likely the second lead in both the dramas!! So I am rather glad that he's the first lead in Justice!!! This is my first official lead role of him & I just love his performance so far!!  I am really impressed!! And he is a tall, handsome & charismatic young guy!!! :D I want him to cast more in lead roles now.... It's unfair that a manly guy like him always does sec-lead type... :sweatingbullets: Hope more fans would love his current drama as well!!!

Happy day ya'll..... See you :)

Hi Choi Daniel girl  whaha nice to see here  Well I had such a blast with Juggler. Why hasn’t he picked up another romcom   
About TLE actually CJH was casted as the lead but he got screwed.  If he had a younger fan base in Korea,  I’m sure those fans would have caused a big noise about how he got treated.  But most of his fans are a bit too mature to create a public noise. He has a brand name but it wasn’t powerful enough to do anything so he stayed quiet.  
That’s why he didn’t sign on the extension eps.  Some Koreans without knowing the actual circumstance said how dare as the lead he didn’t sign for the extension and his career would be ruined… blah blah   
I prayed hard for him not to sign.  You have no idea how happy I was when he didn’t sign. Though he’s not a first-rate star, he has garnered enough reputation so he didn’t have to put up with such things.  
Thankfully in the drama thread some members liked his character and saw what happened so they made many objections ( in civilized manner)  on behalf of CJH.  They helped me get through it without losing it.
Now about FtLY,  he signed for the part for financial reasons ( getting drama CF, like a contract with clothing co)  You probably noticed his flashy suits (from an Italian brand).  Yeah CJH has a kdrama career.
  You have a good day too. :blush:

1bk5CT6.png?1

• Love 2

ratings: 4.2% & 4.7%

** This episode is drenched with sad melancholy.  Everybody seems to be caught  and helplessly tangled in the spider web.   TK is rapidly tumbling down the maddening tunnel.  It means we will not see any  lovey-dovey scenes from TK & SYA.  Such wasted potential :(
-So SYA’s dad has something with Tak’s family.
-SWY learned from his son that TK’s bro helped his son and at one point saved his life. It must be quite a shock and bewilderment for him.
-I feel like the confrontation between TK and SWY revealed a lot about their tragic relationship.     
-When Tak walked into YM’s room, he wore slippers. It must be his house where YM

nUdXCY7.jpg

Spoiler

Spoiler

rnhaxJW.jpg

6zFOeas.jpg

tVD6C9V.jpg

TaOM4Pi.jpg

wlNDnET.jpg

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201908150819341910

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, booha said:

ratings: 4.2% & 4.7%

** This episode is drenched with sad melancholy.  Everybody seems to be caught  and helplessly tangled in the spider web.   TK is rapidly tumbling down the maddening tunnel.  It means we will not see any  lovey-dovey scenes from TK & SYA.  Such wasted potential :(
-So SYA’s dad has something with Tak’s family.
-SWY learned from his son that TK’s bro helped his son and at one point saved his life. It must be quite a shock and bewilderment for him.
-I feel like the confrontation between TK and SWY revealed a lot about their tragic relationship.     
-When Tak walked into YM’s room, he wore slippers. It must be his house where YM

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201908150819341910

Hi booha, thanks for sharing.  It's an extremely tight rating battle. This was last night's EP ( August 14) right?  All actors for "Justice" fighting! It’s very good. :P

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@booha@willenette hello guys, sorry for skipping here a lot these days :( i got bz with other things & haven't cont'd with our guy's drama since a few wks or already a month i guess LOL! it's good to see here that the rating seems to be going up? thx for sharing a lot of stuff and his handsome photos!

Spoiler
Spoiler

i must admit i had to stop watching because this drama hasn't really grown on me yet unlike tunnel, er, even his destiny drama was quite interesting

• Like 2

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Aug. 12-18, 2019

dramaratings_2.jpg

Wednesday, Aug. 14      
Justice 17 KBS 4.2%
Justice 18 KBS 4.7%
Rookie Historian Gu Hae-ryung 17 MBC 4.1%
Rookie Historian Gu Hae-ryung 18 MBC 6.2%
Doctor Detective 9 SBS 4.4%
Class of Lies 9 OCN 3.5%
When the Devil Calls Your Name 5 tvN 1.9%
Thursday, Aug. 15      
Justice 19 KBS 4.7%
Justice 20 KBS 5.4%
Rookie Historian Gu Hae-ryung 19 MBC 4.2%
Rookie Historian Gu Hae-ryung 20 MBC 6.5%
Doctor Detective 10 SBS 4.4%
Class of Lies 10 OCN 3.6%
When the Devil Calls Your Name 6 tvN 2.1%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/08/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-aug-12-18-2019/

• Like 2

Choi Jin Hyuk And Park Sung Woong In Talks For OCN’s New Revenge Drama

TV/Film   Aug 26, 2019  by J. K
224HLQW.jpg

Choi Jin Hyuk and Park Sung Woong are considering roles in the upcoming OCN drama “Rugal” (working title).

On August 26, a source from OCN told OSEN, “It’s true that we have sent offers to Choi Jin Hyuk and Park Sung Woong, and they are considering it.”

OCN’s “Rugal” is based off the webtoon of the same name about an elite cop whose attempt to bring down a nationwide criminal organization ends up with him losing not only his beloved wife, but also both of his eyes.  He is framed as a murderer by a criminal organization, and after he receives artificial eyes with unique abilities created by the special organization Rugal’s biotechnology, he sets himself on a mission to wipe out the criminal organization. The drama will be directed by Kang Chul Woo.

Choi Jin Hyuk is currently starring in the KBS 2TV drama “Justice” while Park Sung Woong stars in the tvN drama “When the Devil Calls Your Name.”

“Rugal” is slated to premiere in the first half of 2020.

Watch Choi Jin Hyuk in “Justice” below!

Watch Now

And check out Park Sung Woong in “When the Devil Calls Your Name” below!

Watch Now

https://www.soompi.com/article/1348239wpp/choi-jin-hyuk-and-park-sung-woong-in-talks-for-ocns-new-revenge-drama

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Aug. 19-25, 2019

dramaratings_2.jpg

Wednesday, Aug. 21      
Justice 21 KBS 5.0%
Justice 22 KBS 5.8%
Rookie Historian Gu Hae-ryung 21 MBC 4.3%
Rookie Historian Gu Hae-ryung 22 MBC 6.2%
Doctor Detective 11 SBS 4.0%
Class of Lies 11 OCN 3.7%
When the Devil Calls Your Name 7 tvN 1.9%
Thursday, Aug. 22      
Justice 23 KBS 5.3%
Justice 24 KBS 6.2%
Rookie Historian Gu Hae-ryung 23 MBC 4.9%
Rookie Historian Gu Hae-ryung 24 MBC 7.1%
Doctor Detective 12 SBS 3.5%
Class of Lies 12 OCN 3.8%
When the Devil Calls Your Name 8 tvN 2.1%

(skipped unrelated...)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/08/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-aug-19-25-2019/

• Like 2

15 hours ago, booha said:

Choi Jin Hyuk And Park Sung Woong In Talks For OCN’s New Revenge Drama

TV/Film   Aug 26, 2019  by J. K

Choi Jin Hyuk and Park Sung Woong are considering roles in the upcoming OCN drama “Rugal” (working title).

On August 26, a source from OCN told OSEN, “It’s true that we have sent offers to Choi Jin Hyuk and Park Sung Woong, and they are considering it.”

OCN’s “Rugal” is based off the webtoon of the same name about an elite cop whose attempt to bring down a nationwide criminal organization ends up with him losing not only his beloved wife, but also both of his eyes.  He is framed as a murderer by a criminal organization, and after he receives artificial eyes with unique abilities created by the special organization Rugal’s biotechnology, he sets himself on a mission to wipe out the criminal organization. The drama will be directed by Kang Chul Woo.

Choi Jin Hyuk is currently starring in the KBS 2TV drama “Justice” while Park Sung Woong stars in the tvN drama “When the Devil Calls Your Name.”

“Rugal” is slated to premiere in the first half of 2020.

Watch Choi Jin Hyuk in “Justice” below!

Watch Now

And check out Park Sung Woong in “When the Devil Calls Your Name” below!

Watch Now

https://www.soompi.com/article/1348239wpp/choi-jin-hyuk-and-park-sung-woong-in-talks-for-ocns-new-revenge-drama

booha, thanks for sharing this good news. Choi Jin Hyuk may be heading back to cable after a couple of stints on the mainstream networks. I hope he's not turning down this role. The plot sounds exciting enough.  :P

• Like 2

On 8/24/2019 at 9:06 AM, booha said:

TK’s bubbling hearts for SYA, so cute :blush:

making from KBS vlive  https://www.vlive.tv/video/145992

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this. I'm happy that "Justice" took the ratings throne. According to Nielsen Korea, the drama rated 6% and 6.4% from last night's EP. (August 28). Although, this is lower than the previous episodes . :P

• Like 2

BYPP3Yq.jpg

https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=015&aid=0004200372

((interesting article so I translated. Tried my best))
The article explains why 4 characters in Justice are attracting viewers.

Lee Tae-kyung (Choi Jin-hyuk), Song Woo-yong (Son Hyun-joo), Seo Yeon-a (Nana), and Tak Su-ho (Park Seong-hun): The multi/three-dimensional characteristics of them are revealed on the lines.

Spoiler

# “Whether you can tell if it's an opportunity or a trap right in front of you.”

Due to his desire for revenge, TK,  a fallen lawyer in charge of dealing with high-level people’s messes, now faces the truth which he didn’t know before.

As TK had a past experience in which he grasped Song’s hand who offered to help him get revenge,   he immediately noticed  the intention of Jang-ent's trainee Jang Hae Jin  who tried to walk the same path as himself because of her desire for success.

By Song’s instigation, Hae Jin made a false report on Seo Dong Seok about his sexual favor act. TK told Hae Jin “I understand that you have a great desire for success. But to do that you should be smart. Whether you can tell if it's an opportunity or a trap right in front of you.”

The line reflects the change in TK as he learned about Song who created the opportunity for him, and he had to dig through the truth Song was hiding

# "For me, justice is the safety of my family."

The three-dimensional characteristic of Song, who used Jang enter-trainees to continue the Namwon restaurant connection which is made up of high-level people,   is most visible in front of the family aspect.   The guilt and anger, that failed to protect his son Daejin when he injured his leg,  caused him to follow only desire.
This is why,   whenever TK who tracks the truth, or Tak Soo Ho who has an evil deal with himself, mentions Daejin,    Song takes off his calculated calmness and turns into a rigid expression.

When Song tried to stop SYA’s investigation with her father, SDS,   he said, "For me, justice was the safety of my family."     It was a moment when his two-sidedness of committing evil acts was highlighted  by using bait for another family to protect his own family.

# "I will never give up on this case even if I die."

YSA learns the shocking fact that her father, SDS, went to Namwon Restaurant.
Her faith in his esteemed father was shaken for the first time, and she was worried about giving up her investigation.
 Investigating the father with the hand of a child was not an easy choice, so it was a moment when a new aspect of SYA, who was always righteous,   was revealed.
She shouted firmly, "I will never give up on this case even if I die."
Knowing that the case she was investigating was related to her father, she wandered and struggled, but did not give up the case until the end.
SYA's complex feelings about truth and family were exploded with one line.

# “Is a human being who lost his soul a human being?  Or not? ”

Tak Soo Ho, the vice chairman of the Jungjin Group, is a nice and fine person for someone and a bad and fearful person for someone.
He has a clean and good outer image without a touch of scandal, but he actually hides the inhuman side of enjoying people in captivity.
“Is a human being who lost his soul a human being?: This telling question gives a hint of his secret reality.    Even now, he is disguised with a good smile to approach SYA, but he reveals his real face as needed from time to time.
What does it mean to him about being a human being and how does he define himself as a human being? 

misqiko.jpg

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2019/08/669136/

• Like 1