Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

@Mishiellie

Woah....that's a lot of pics. He looks better in the selcas, if that's possible.

One reason why I have high hopes for CJH is that I think he has the looks and ability to take on more mature roles once he comes out of army. There are a number of Flower Boys or popular actors on the scene now who I don't think can carry the look of a early 30s character nor the ability to act one. For this reason, I believe that Joo Won who despite his age can act mature roles well and CJH who actually looks more mature, will do even better as time progress.

On another note, I just read one comment on DB that he is not replacing YJH's role? But acting as LMH's older brother? Actually I have a hard time trying to imagine LMH in the Heirs role, he looks too old for it. So I have been wondering how will CJH play LMH's love rival? I just hope he doesn't end up as a side character or something.

Guest Mishiellie

Source: joinsmsnChinese translation by Kimcunmae of Choi Jin Hyuk BaiduEnglish Translation by @Mishiellie of CJH Soompi 
구월령 최진혁 '구가의 서' 재등장‘九家之书’九月灵重新登场Gu Wol Ryung to return to Gu family book
Gu family Book's Hero Gu Wol Ryung to make a comback.
Due to high demands from viewers, Production team of the popular MBC Mon-Tues series Gu Family Book will have Gu Wol Ryung making a comback in the drama. 
MBC officials has hinted that "Though no specific details has not been set yet, but Wol Ryung's character will come back after Episode 10.  It is needed due to the story plot, not simply due to the request of viewers
Gu Wol Ryung (Choi Jin Hyuk), longing to be human, gave up eternal life to love. His devotion towards Seo Hwa moved countless of female hearts.
Officials also stated " If he was a human, it is impossible for him to comeback to life, but Wol Ryung is a mystical creature, Wol Ryung will re-enter with a fully convincing plot for the viewers" 
On the other hand,  The episode which aired on the 30th had a nationwide rating of 16.4% and kept a firm 1st place among others within the same time slot. 
--------------------------------------------------------------
More news on the comback provided by Kimcunmae of CJH baidu
Through a telephone call with the media Choi Jin Hyuk's agency revealed that "We have received the production team's offer of a comeback in Gu Family Book " " Since the script is not out yet, we do not know which episode it will be or how the story line will be. But we have accepted the offer to comback"
Through telephone call with the media officials of Gu Family Book stated " Choi Jin Hyuk is confirmed to have a comback but have not yet started filming. We are still considering if he should make his comeback on episode 12 or 13"

Guest Mishiellie

@mrdimples news came out!!! (see translation above) papa gu is coming back around ep 12 or 13 !!!!!
YAY!!!

mrdimples

said:

Mishiellie

said: @mrdimples  this is the Chinese sub for both epi of strong heart.. He looked really hot in there =P

Chinese sub from youku ep

and

but I was soo mad at the netizens after he released his painful 1st love story... they said he was trying to get attention.. or even said he was lying

but I loved his twitter response to the criticism set the dumb netizens straight!

Guest Mishiellie

anannanann said:

mrdimples

said:

Mishiellie

said: @mrdimples  this is the Chinese sub for both epi of strong heart.. He looked really hot in there =P

Chinese sub from youku ep

and

but I was soo mad at the netizens after he released his painful 1st love story... they said he was trying to get attention.. or even said he was lying

but I loved his twitter response to the criticism set the dumb netizens straight!

Guest Mishiellie

@anannanann o the kiss scene!!! I was so shocked when I first watched back in the days... because it is rare for Korean drama to have such steamy kiss scenes.... and  there was def. tongue involved lol!!
Thanx for the post!!!!

Mishiellie

said: @anannanann o the kiss scene!!! I was so shocked when I first watched back in the days... because it is rare for Korean drama to have such steamy kiss scenes.... and  there was def. tongue involved lol!!

Thanx for the post!!!!

Guest Mishiellie

anannanann said:

Mishiellie

said: @anannanann o the kiss scene!!! I was so shocked when I first watched back in the days... because it is rare for Korean drama to have such steamy kiss scenes.... and  there was def. tongue involved lol!!

Thanx for the post!!!!

Guest Mishiellie

anannanann said: another episode cut that he talked about his ex quite long, would take hours to upload. I will edit that quote later. 
Still not familiar with soompi's tools  lol.

Guest Mishiellie

@anannanann yay!! I'm so happy my forever alone spazz here ends... thanks for coming ^___^ :x

I don't want to use youtube because all videos seem to be deleted or blocked. ^^
leave you with captures from Panda & Hedgehog
120818ae01hdtvx264720pa.jpg120818ae01hdtvx264720pa.jpg

I want to preview before I post. but it I can't find that option. 

Guest Mishiellie

**This interview article came out on April 19th**
최진혁 "공개연애? 헤어지고 나니 문제"(인터뷰)崔振赫‘公开恋爱?分手后才是个大问题’(专访)
Choi Jin Hyuk: "Announce that I'm dating? The real problem comes after the breakup."
"Because I was afraid that I would be a hindrance to the drama, I was so anxious to the point where I couldn't even get a good night's rest."
Choi Jin Hyuk, who played the role of Mount. Jiri's protector, Gu Wol Ryung in the MBC drama Gu Family Book, has won the love of many even though he only appeared in 2 episodes of the drama. His performance left a deep impression on the audience, inflicting everyone with the Wol Ryung sickness.
Choi Jin Hyuk debuted in 2006 via KBS's 2TV talent competition. Thereafter, Choi Jin Hyuk took part in many projects, amongst which the dramas Pasta and TVN's I Need Romance allowed Choi Jin Hyuk to make his presence known to the viewers, allowing him to leave his mark in dramaland. Although he has taken part in many projects, Choi Jin Hyuk had never managed to leave a deep and lasting impression on the viewers. What he lacked was a drama which could propel him to stardom. This same Choi Jin Hyuk has managed to create a turning point for himself with a mere 2 episode appearance in Gu Family Book. 
"Actually, I never expected that everyone would love a character like Gu Wol Ryung. I was very anxious just before the broadcast of the drama. I couldn't sleep well at all for 2 nights. I didn't sleep well even after the first episode had aired. This drama was held in high regard and a lot of people were anticipating it. For me to take on a character which was the basis for the whole drama, and given that this was a high quality project, I was extremely worried. I was very afraid that I wouldn't be able to do well and would be a burden to everyone but looking at the positive response I've been receiving, I've been in good spirits since."
In Gu Family Book, Choi Jin Hyuk played a character which had never existed before. His character, Gu Wol Ryung, is a mythical beast (but in the eyes of human beings he is a Gumiho, aka a nine tail fox). Choi Jin Hyuk created the "Romantic Gumiho", a role never seen before in traditional saeguks [historical/period dramas]. Initially, Choi Jin Hyuk was so overly anxious in perfecting his role that the portrayal was a little dull but he was finally able to slowly understand the character in his own manner.
"Initially, I was very obsessed about that fact that Gu Wol Ryung was not a human. I felt that I needed to portray my role in such a way that when the audience think of a gumiho, the image they see is a bold, charismatic and handsome look. Whenever I thought about this, I acted the role with even more force and power but it resulted in a very stiff portrayal. So, I made some changes. Although in terms of age Wol Ryung is much much older than human beings, I wanted to show the audience that he also had the purity and innocence of a child. So I recalled my memories of when I was a child and I brought out the innocent side of myself and emphasised it. If we contrast this pure and innocent side of Wol Ryung with the image after Wol Ryung transforms, it better draws out the characteristics and personality of Gu Wol Ryung."
Gu Family Book received a lot of attention even before it aired due to Lee Seung Gi and Bae Suzy, both of whom are the main leads in the drama. As Seung Gi and Suzy were not slated to appear in the first week of broadcast of the drama, many people worried about the ratings. However, Choi Jin Hyuk and Lee Yeon Hee (who took on the role of Yoon Seo Hwa) filled up the drama with their chemistry for the first week of the broadcast, ensuring that Gu Family Book won the viewership ratings race. 
"At the end of the broadcast of the first episode, I saw that Gu Family Book had gotten last place in viewership ratings. I was very worried and I was at an emotional low. But luckily after the second episode we managed to get first place (laughs). I'm not one to care for viewership ratings but when I heard people discussing about dramas being ranked first, second and last, I unconsciously also started to care."
Filming for the first 2 episodes took almost 2 months to complete.  After these episodes, the main leads formally made their appearance on screen. Choi Jin Hyuk, who lead the start of the drama, was cheering the main leads on when they finally made their appearance. 
"I met Seung Gi many times while we were rehearsing for the drama so there was nothing to worry about. Although I'm not even in a position myself to worry about others (laughs) but I have full confidence in him. I didn't meet Suzy during our rehearsals. Although I've seen Introduction to Architecture, I've not watched her dramas. I was worried if she would be able to act out her character well but after I saw her movie, I felt that the role was very suitable for her. The scene in which both of them meet is very similar to the scene in which Gu Wol Ryung and Seo Hwa met and it was very good. I believe the both of them will be able to act well. It's going to be interesting."
Choi Jin Hyuk has recently joined the same agency which Jung Woo Sung is currently signed to. With this, Choi Jin Hyuk is moving on in his career with a brand new perspective and hopes to be active in dramas as well as movies. However, Choi Jin Hyuk turns 28 this year and will inevitably have to face the issue of enlisting into the army. To this, Choi Jin Hyuk says he's not too worried. 
"Enlisting? Everyone has to go anyway. It's going to be a problem too if I drag it out so once the opportunity presents itself, I will go immediately. Regarding enlisting, I think the main issue people have with that is that you can achieve a lot in 2 years' time but if you enlist, you can only spend the next 2 years in army. But everyone enlists and I certainly have to do so too. I'm hoping that I can decide when I want to enlist but I heard that the law has been changed so now, you cannot decide when you want to enlist. But even if this is so, I'm not too worried."
After chatting about enlisting, we moved on immediately to the topic of dating. Last year, Choi Jin Hyuk had announced that he and Son Eun Seo were dating. However, at the beginning of this year, the couple announced that they had broken up. Since they were publicly a couple, everyone's attention was on them. Although it's regretful, the couple has decided to move on individually. 
"Previously, I never understood why actors had to hide the fact that they were dating. I thought "Why is there a need to hide it? Can't I announce it and then date properly?" But after announcing that I was dating, I now know the reason for hiding. There were no problems when we were dating. However, once the couple breaks up, it causes a lot of inconvenience to the other party. While dating, it wasn't too much of an inconvenience that everyone paid attention to us as a couple but the real problem comes when there is a break up. I'll never announce my relationship anymore in the future even if I am dating (haha)."
In the drama, Choi Jin Hyuk spots long hair for the first time in his career. Transforming into a gummiho also allowed him to experience a new type of transformation. With his brand new image, Choi Jin Hyuk has also been receiving a lot of attention from the audience. he audience has also been giving Choi Jin Hyuk a lot of attention. The critics have also come out to say that this is a "Re-discovery of Choi Jin Hyuk."
"People say that long hair suits me well. I don't understand it. It's my first time trying out the transformation of a gumiho so it's been very fascinating and also a very great experience. I'm still a bit uncertain as to why people are giving me so much attention. I feel that even this time round, my acting skills are still very much lacking but everyone likes me so much and trusts me so much so I'm really grateful to everyone. Because Gu Wol Ryung's impression is too strong, I'm also worried about how I am going to present even more different images to everyone. I will work even harder to find a role that will be even better than Gu Wol Ryung."
Source: NaverChinese translation: kimcunmae (KK) @ 崔振赫百度贴吧 (CJH baidu)English translation: @Mojobobo  soompi forums  (Thank you JO for the wonderful translation!!)

Guest Mishiellie

anannanann said: I don't want to use youtube because all videos seem to be deleted or blocked. ^^
leave you with captures from Panda & Hedgehog

I want to preview before I post. but it I can't find that option. 

@Mishiellie

Oh my goodness! I just watched that part where CJH talked about his past relationship. It's deja vu. I am reminded of the Win Win show where Joo Won cried, although his was not tragic. I was close to tears listening to CJH's account and seeing how he had tried to control his emotions and tears while he was talking about it.

What happened to him seems to come out from a drama or story and perhaps that's why netizens thought it wasn't true. However, why should he lie and fabricate such a tale just to get attention? It's cruel to cast such doubts on him unless they got real evidence.

This man really has it rough. Both on a personal level as well as in career. Hopefully things will look up from now onwards.

I haven't reach the finale of INR, I think my heart is going to the shredding machine especially now that I know what he had been through in real life

• Like 1

Choi Jin-hyuk confirmed to reappear in Gu Family Book by girlfriday | May 2, 2013 | 94 Comments

Clicky Here

9hp3xc.jpg

Well while Choi Jin-hyuk ponders over whether or not he’ll be joining Lee Min-ho and Park Shin-hye in Heirs this fall, he’s got one gig lined up for sure in the meantime. He’s been confirmed to make a reappearance in current MBC drama Gu Family Book as Wol-ryung, aka Papa Gumiho. Time for a happy dance. It’s a good week for Choi Jin-hyuk fans.

The door was always left open for Choi Jin-hyuk to return, given that pesky gumiho immortality and all, and the production has confirmed that he’s poised to pop up in the story around Episode 12 or 13, based on the latest scripts. That has to be somewhat influenced by the actor’s popularity — he’s been praised left and right for his short but memorable two-episode stint that opened the show. He played a sweet lovestruck gumiho who was betrayed by his one true love, and as a result of failing his quest to become human, he’s been cursed to live as an evil spirit for a thousand years.

When we last left him he was killed by Dam Pyung-joon and laid to rest on the mountain that he had guarded for a thousand years. Twenty years later his son Kang-chi (Lee Seung-gi) has just discovered that he is half-gumiho, and has set out on his own quest to be human. Here’s where the news gets less happy, given what we know: Our abandoned half-gumiho hero has lived his whole life loving a human surrogate father, and hates his newly unleashed beast half. When he finally encounters his birth father, Dad will be pure raging evil. Talk about needing years of therapy.

So it’s more likely father and son will fight to the death than say, sit down for tea and crackers, but I’ll hold out hope that Wol-ryung can be saved. Because the guy who brought his beloved a sackful of butterflies just to see her smile deserves one good day.

Gu Family Book airs Mondays/Tuesdays on MBC.

fr Dramabeans