Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

@booha it's an old drama Love Story in Harvard & it's quite good too but like u said this Justice with our guy is heavier based fr the write-ups we'd been reading! i chkd one of the sites to watch & of course it's too early for them to even sub it let alone upload epis 1 :) i know we all can't wait hahaha!

thanks for sharing his articles, photos instag & some of his Justice drama stuff!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@willenette thx chingoo for sharing photos, etc. i'm not sure of his leading lady here since i've only saw her in that series awhile back like big brother something but he's already praising her and can't wait to watch!

Hi hibiscus, like you I'm not also familiar with the female lead. :P According to Nielsen Korea, last night EP, July 18 broadcast of the drama recorded 5.1 and 5.2 percent in viewership ratings (a 0.5 point decrease from the previous day).

• Like 3

@hibiscus23

Oh well I feel very disappointed. Justice didn’t fare well in today’s eps(3&4). :angry::(   Maybe something happened in tv land.  Overall ratings went down for all other dramas.
Nonetheless  I felt there were some scenes where the camera seemed to get stuck and was unable to move on. And also I thought editing needed a bit more care.  Otherwise I liked the way things layered around the initial setting and how nicely the writer is weaving this tangled net so that everybody is connected to each other for the story line to unfold slowly.  
Btw I get a feeling of a noir film from Justice.     I know CJH wanted to try noir films.  Praying the  low ratings for todays’ eps are just temporary. -_-

Justice character diagram (in Korean)

OZZSWSO.jpg?3

EP3&4

3SargoA.jpg

http://hei.hankyung.com/hub01/201907195175I

• Like 1

5 Actors Who Went From Second Leads to Main

Our babies went through a lot!

We have all been there, we are watching a drama and as it progresses the line between who is the main and the second lead blur. Thanks to this all of us have ended plenty, if not all dramas, with a major case of the second lead syndrome. This is when you root for the second lead actor to have a happily ever after with the main actress. We have decided to pick our top actors who went from a pat on the back to a happily ever after. We understand there are A LOT more, but these are the ones people seem to forget about.

Choi Jinhyuk

temp_9cfe790488c21c7774b9830dc08ca542.jpg

Image Source: Amino '@Livi'

Jinhyuk has been acting since he was 20 years old after he won a KBS Survival Star Audition. He has since been in all different kinds of movies and dramas, if you turn on your TV, there's a 110% chance he will be in it. He has been an extra, a second lead, a main, back to second lead, honestly, we love how multifaceted he is. He touched our hearts as a second lead in 'Fated to Love You' and 'Ms. Panda' and 'Mr. Hedgehog.' But now he seems to be mostly playing leads, he has starred in 'Pride and Prejudice' and 'Tunnel.' He was lead of 'Devilish Joy,' we are crossing our fingers, and hope he won't get second lead again.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kstarlive.com/article/2018/07/18/5-Actors-Who-Went-From-Second-Leads-to-Main--5983718?fbclid=IwAR3Una6R5RdEzwuExJI9NF8LPc9DpX0oPmm7znu7vnxwLSsv9BK62T6mOts

credit : hwonhwon - Kim Soo Hyun thread

• Like 3

4 hours ago, booha said:

'start of investigation...  who will find the truth first'

http://star.hankookilbo.com/News/Read

He looks like a dark angel ^_^^_^

cr to DC

A red wine with Justice  :D

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this. :P

Drama viewership ratings for the week of July 15-21, 2019

dramaratings_2.jpg

Now, I have to take a deep breath before going into the Wednesday-Thursday time slots. We have four new shows here — legal thriller Justice, fusion sageuk Rookie Historian Gu Hae-ryung, medical drama Doctor Detective, and finally, thriller Class of Lies. Ratings are pretty spread out here, with everyone bringing in okay-ish numbers.

Wednesday, July 17      
Justice 1 KBS 6.1%
Justice 2 KBS 6.4%
Rookie Historian Gu Hae-ryung 1 MBC 4.0%
Rookie Historian Gu Hae-ryung 2 MBC 6.0%
Doctor Detective 1 SBS 4.6%
Doctor Detective 2 SBS 5.7%
Class of Lies 1 OCN 1.8%
Search Query: WWW 13 tvN 3.9%
Thursday, July 18      
Justice 3 KBS 3.8%
Justice 4 KBS 4.8%
Rookie Historian Gu Hae-ryung 3 MBC 3.7%
Rookie Historian Gu Hae-ryung 4 MBC 5.0%
Doctor Detective 3 SBS 5.1%
Doctor Detective 4 SBS 5.2%
Class of Lies 2 OCN 2.4%
Search Query: WWW 14 tvN 3.6%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/07/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-july-15-21-2019/

• Like 3

** Now  LTK and SYA begin to investigate separately on YCK and the murder of an actress.   It means at some point they will work together and maybe they might reconnect their old relationship.  When LTK heard about the death of the detective, SYA’s mentor, his reaction showed he still had feelings for her.  I hope to see more interacting friction between them.  
SYA’s dad is on the character list. Wondering whether he will be a good character as the character description describes or maybe he has secrets in the closet??

'Justice'   Special Poster    CJHxSWYxNana 

mLWrVKe.jpg

http://hei.hankyung.com/hub01/201907232877I

making

** CJH always acts reserved in a public space so it’s delightful to see how he acted with his staff.  This staff must carry a heavy load  of baggage and has a muscle cramp so CJH jumped into to help her with a hand massage then elbow rubbing.  haha   So convenient in this kind of situation when you are working for someone who is tall  haha  :P

• Like 3

5 hours ago, booha said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this.  Many dramas that are on air or are due to start soon have in common and that they are based on webtoons or novels. One of them is "Justice". It has become more common nowadays. Popular webtoons and web novels attract drama producers because their stories have already been supported by the public, which are guaranteed to be successful. However, there is also a risk factor in making webtoons and novels into dramas. Fans have high expectations due to the original. Despite, there will be more drama productions based on web novels and webtoons in the future. :P

• Like 3

1 hour ago, booha said:

Hi booha, thanks for sharing the pictures.  Last night's EP (July 24) of “Justice” recorded nationwide viewership ratings of 5.5 percent in the first half and 6.3 percent in the second half. This is a 1.5 percent increase. I hope drama's rating will rise up more. So far, “Justice” is performing better compared to other dramas. I just hope it could be able to break into the double digits soon, though. "Justice", keep shining! :P

• Like 3

On 7/18/2019 at 6:39 PM, willenette said:

Hi hibiscus, like you I'm not also familiar with the female lead. :P According to Nielsen Korea, last night EP, July 18 broadcast of the drama recorded 5.1 and 5.2 percent in viewership ratings (a 0.5 point decrease from the previous day).

Hi willenette yes :Pas far as i recall she's one of those girl group (i need to google her one of these days)! woah that's good rating considering this drama just started! mind you and @booha i've only watched epi 1 so far been terribly busy but i'll continue for sure coz epi 1 got me hooked already :)! guys thx for sharing articles, gorgeous photos of our babe hahaha woah he's been through so much accdg to that article, fr extra, 2nd lead, then main charac awww we're so happy for him & may he stay healthy always & be always in demand! :) 

sorry guys if i'm not uptodate coming here but you know the saying absence makes the heart grow fonder hehehe:love: see u soon CJH gals! sorry if the pic below is a duplicate!

photo1084994.jpg

fullsizephoto400300.jpg

fullsizephoto400299.jpg

fullsizephoto400296.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Annyeong @booha  Sooo glad to see Jin Hyukie's new drama...

He's mesmerizing as always...

I personally think that he looks dazzling in suits.... :wub:

Just started with Justice and I am hooked... <3 

He looks good together with Nana...

• Like 2

@willenette

Unfortunately today’s ratings went down a bit.  It was disappointing. I thought it was a very good episode today but  maybe many viewers didn’t appreciate the many nuanced dialogs which revealed the nature of the tangled relationship about two men.  
You may be right about a drama from a popular web novel.  People who know and like a web novel might have higher expectations.  
To me it didn’t give a wow factor at the beginning but slowly the characters drew me into them.  I can see why CJH picked this drama. :)

@hibiscus23

Haha glad to see old pictures  thanks  yeah these days I don’t post CJH’s old pictures any more so seeing them is pleasurable.   Yes what counts is to make one’s heart grow fonder haha :D   I know your sentiment    Btw what can I say life has its own plan to whip us around on a merry go around. haha   enjoy the day

@Tasia

Hello  I know a drama like Justice is not for everyone, so I’m glad to hear you like it.  it’s so different from his previous ones like Tunnel P&P.   It’s interesting to watch him playing a tormented scumbag lawyer.  But you are right he always looks good in a suit.:P

EP4 ratings   4.2% & 5.4%

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Lee Hak-Joo (detective Ma) learned how hard chase scenes are and said ‘lots of respect to detectives.”   Nana had a bit difficulty with a chase scene too.  It’s hard to do outdoor shootings in hot summer weather.   Even in an indoor shooting, there was no  air conditioning so everybody mingled around a small portable one in between shootings.

It’s interesting to see how much CJH and SHJ merged emotionally with their characters for the scene. SHJ had to ask for a napkin and CJH couldn’t finish the line because of so much feeling.     Even an experienced actor like SHJ uses his real emotion for some scenes.  
Sad to see CJH’s knee problem.  Whenever his knee is acting up he shakes his leg.   Yeah standing long in one position or in hot and humid weather isn’t good for the problem knee.

making

One staff posted this and mentioned about rain.  There must be a lot of rain this summer in Seoul. Maybe that’s why there are so many rain scenes in the drama.   

• Like 2