Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

Aww I love it when he speaks English, the way he says "know-how" is so cute 

;)

) . Also in episode 1 of EC it still cracks me up when he answers the phone and says, "Hi Krystal, what's up." 

:)

)

How about his line in Panda and the Hedgehog? "Keep Calm and Carry On" or how he says Sz's tag line "Keep Working and Stay Classy". Hmm, I think his English is pretty good! He should speak more hahaha

Thank you everybody!   It looks like we have a whole spectrum of posting activities here: translation, videos, delicious pictures, insightful and funny comments etc etc…
I’m glad to hear that CJH’s Daniel will get better treatment in a character development.  But why it has to be English. If he’s a fashion designer, I assume in kdrama he went to Paris for that.  I’m curious how his voice sounds in French because his voice with English didn’t seem to any synergy.   In one of his Daniel Cremieux videos, he spoke some English which sounded rather a bit hesitant. He probably knew how it sounded and he looked a bit sheepish afterward.  Btw He spoke Russian in GFI and I’m curious how he did it since I have no idea about Russian.  He looked somehow natural speaking it.
Talking about CJH and French, I got interested in French sounds so I googled with the heading ‘French speaking video clip’ and I found a few amusing ones.

Joey trying to speak French

http://youtu.be/DqwzvtjeYBQ
cr to uploader

The Monuments Men - "Speaking French" ClipThe Monuments Men - "Speaking French" Clip
http://www.joblo.com/videos/movie-clips/the-monuments-men-movie-clip-speaking-french-2014

Mitt Romney speaks French

http://youtu.be/xyP2M0DTch8
cr to uploder

How To Fake French

http://youtu.be/edYHlnhxyOI
cr to uploader

After Haagen Dazs Mango & Raspberry with Hanhee Fashion Show
3JsxWzg.jpg
 cr to DC

The Monuments Men - "Speaking French" Clip

@celes80 : Thanks for the translation , enjoy reading it very much ^^
U should give it a try to watch INR , altough the end was disappointing Me but CJH's character is outstanding and He is really good looking in there :P
I still can't get over EC effect too , haha . I even rewatched a scene that good for Me , but I am starting to watch Panda and MDTF (without engsub and just get a clue from the recap -_-")

@yeekfran2 & @mdolphins : I just realize about that weakness , actually the fact that BSH can't drink on INR not really makes Me think that as a weakness . But I felt that weakness on Panda when I watched a video with His Panda scene , ckck even the storyline try to decrease how outstanding He is :P

@alex1999 : The most important thing is the situation back to normal , right ? This decision to cancel the FM must be for the sake of everybody not only CJH but also all the people who will attend the event ^^

@abcchin : We are on same boat ^^ , last night I watched Heirs cut , EC and also just finsihed watching FGIU . Aaaah altough His character a little bit rude but He is still COOL and HOT , I hope He will appear again in that drama . Have U watched it ?
For the Men's Health pictures , I want to say thanks :D . I am already at office and I almost scream when see those pictures LOL . .
I am agree with @ihjj , why there are no shirtless pictures ? Actually I am preparing My self to see His sexy sixpack when I know He did photoshoot for that magazine :))

@yhiyori1221 : I have not finished watching Panda so I don't know there is that line , hehe . I like it when He said SZ tagline , I almost forget that one :D

@polariscat : Your post is the second one that makes Me almost screaming :)) , I am really waiting for that . Directly share that video , I hope with HD quality because the one I have is on standard quality . .

Aah I almost forget , I just want to ask that question like @sunshine4ever asked too . Is that Him the one with red outer beside WJW ? There should be the close up one of Him :(

Guest mdolphins

@booha @abcchin @tiaraisnap  Yes, CJH was so adorably cute, smart, charming & perfect (in my eyes) @mdolphins in INR ! Me too, I've noticed the same lightweight weaknesses he was saddled with both in INR and Panda & Hedgehog...that man is simply too hot! Till today I still can't get over why the main lead go back to her ex-boyfriend, any women would knows that the BEST option is BSH or ending alone is much better option than going back to him....sigh the only real reason I guess is he's not the lead!  [-(  =((  Major SLS and we will be heading towards another major SLS with Daniel come July but then we've ALL got each other here!  >:D<

It’s very interesting to read comments about INR. No one can doubt whose thread we are in. haha   Thank you everybody!!  INR isn’t a bad drama. The story line is around 3 female characters and I liked them all. The only major irritation I got from it wasn’t necessarily about CJH losing his woman. It’s the way they were separated which seemed like slapstick to me. It was as if at the last moment PDnim decided IY should go back to SS and told the writer with one day(or perhaps 5 seconds) notice to come up with the reason why they had to break up.

@abcchin Hello  Thank you for posting the bigger pictures from Elle spread. The first one is quite dazzling: In black-white composition with a black smudge on his hand and matching with his facial expression. 

@celes80 Thank you again. It’s a good article albeit a long one again. With a good reporter and a long interview on tow, CJH can always give something interesting to read about it. He gave so many interviews yet there were always new bits of things we hadn’t heard of them before. I’m wondering how he could manage to remember what he said before and what’s new.  It’s also nice to see his sense of humor(his laughs in various situation, funny, sheepish, embellishing or awkward etc… ) during an interview.

@tiaraisnap  Thankfully it wasn’t him because CJH has a better profile. Haha  I forgot his name but he is the one who had a picture taken with CJH.

@booha : I also doubt that one is Him , but that one sat with the others 3 of main lead so I thought that maybe that one is really Him :D

Aah have anyone read CJH's interview with Grazia ? I read that from the link on fychoijinhyuk.tumblr.com . .
To Me here are His answer that I like the most and make Me love Him even more :*

You think you’re “manly”?
I think a man must be manly.

Is it different when you’re in a relationship?

It’s a 180 degree turn. When I’m in a relationship, I use a lot of aegyo. I use a nickname instead of using her name. The tone of my voice is a little bit higher.

Do you ever feel greedy about this world?
I have no greed for money or fame. The only reason I want to earn money is because I want to give it to my parents. I have no interest in having a nice car or a nice house.

Men usually want fame.
When I was young, I wanted to be a powerful man. At some point, it didn’t matter to me anymore. I just want to be a good son to my parents.

Guest mdolphins

booha said: It’s very interesting to read comments about INR. No one can doubt whose thread we are in. haha   Thank you everybody!!  INR isn’t a bad drama. The story line is around 3 female characters and I liked them all. The only major irritation I got from it wasn’t necessarily about CJH losing his woman. It’s the way they were separated which seemed like slapstick to me. It was as if at the last moment PDnim decided IY should go back to SS and told the writer with one day(or perhaps 5 seconds) notice to come up with the reason why they had to break up. 

Guest abcchin

tiaraisnap said: @abcchin : We are on same boat ^^ , last night I watched Heirs cut , EC and also just finsihed watching FGIU . Aaaah altough His character a little bit rude but He is still COOL and HOT , I hope He will appear again in that drama . Have U watched it ?
For the Men's Health pictures , I want to say thanks :D . I am already at office and I almost scream when see those pictures LOL . .
I am agree with @ihjj , why there are no shirtless pictures ? Actually I am preparing My self to see His sexy sixpack when I know He did photoshoot for that magazine :))

@abcchin : The Heirs is like a treasure for Me now , because I do like both of Them (LMH and CJH) . So Happy to see Them sat together on SBS Drama Award >o<
Yeah , for Me His hair makes Him older but that no matter He still as AWESOME as usual . I love it too when He speaks Russian , He must be try hard to speak that line clearly :D
I laugh a lot with His expression to the tiger pants that His fiancee showed , I imagine how He looks with just that pants on . Maybe that will be good picture for Men's Health cover ? LOL .
But even without shirtless , His hand abs just too sexy to ignore . In LOVE with His serious eyes gaze >o<

Open ending is just much better I think , Jazz Bar ? Aah when BSH gave IY the ring and ticket plane to SG ? Yeah , BSH words on that scene was sad for Me . The words showed how much He loves IY , aah stupid IY let go of this Man . .

INDEED , such a perfect package He is . No one will reject Him as a son in law I think :D . .

Hey girls! The official cover of the FIRST DATE FM in Seoul is out!!!! Ready for screaming? There are lots of photos!! My hands are shaking right now! I am so excited as we can see from the pics his childhood photo and the dancing Hyuk!!!!!!!! So bad that I'm using mobile now and couldn't post the pics! Can anyone help? @Celes80 @booha‌ Is it possible to do the translation or is it informative to do so?

Here is the link:

http://m.cafe.daum.net/theReal/VGiC/95?q=D_3X45WiHPsrU0&

@Yeekrfan2‌ @sunshine4ever‌

Guest abcchin

OMG those pictures..  :-O 
I'll repost a few here..
tumblr_n60xuv6wpn1r6tcjeo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_n60xuv6wpn1r6tcjeo2_1280.jpg
tumblr_n60xuv6wpn1r6tcjeo3_1280.jpg

!!!! OMAGAD RAINISM!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_n60xuv6wpn1r6tcjeo4_1280.jpg
tumblr_n60xzx2Y4S1r6tcjeo1_1280.jpg

Aww... He's deeply moved by the fans.. hence the teary eyes..tumblr_n60xzx2Y4S1r6tcjeo2_1280.jpg
PS: I reupload the pics.. I don't do hotlinking. xD All these are hosted on tumblr you can repost to elsewhere.
Sorry guys.. with my super limited Korean I can't translate.. Looking forward for the pros to translate. <3

Thanks @tiaraisnap.

Here is the translated article for 
class="entry-title"[April 2014 - Grazia] Choi Jin Hyuk – Finding purenesshttp://www.thesunnytown.com/2014/05/22/april-2014-grazia-choi-jin-hyuk-finding-pureness/

Choi Jin Hyuk - Grazia

Who are you Kakaotalking with like that?

Looking at my cell phone is just a habit of mine.

Do you often use SNS with your friends?

I don’t go out much to meet people. I left Twitter. I only use Kakaotalk because it’s limited to my friends.

That makes it comfortable.

It does. I use mentions a lot and there’s a lot of talking and debate going on.

Do you upload selcas on your Kakaotalk account?

Instead of my own selcas, I upload screen captures of me that fans took.

Is it to show off in front of your friends?

Fans make a lot of funny edits. To be honest, I don’t really upload stuff. I prefer reading about how my friends’ lives.

Do you have a lot of childhood friends?

I have one friend that I’ve been close with for 10 years. We’d see each other when we were going through hard times, so we have a lot of memories together.

Is this friend an actor?

He’s currently working to debut. [t/n: I assume it's a man...]

Do you mostly drink alcohol when the two of you meet?

We drink a lot. Although I could even faint after one glass of soju, I’ve been improving for about two or three years.

What kind of problems were you going through at that time?

When you’re an actor, there are many things that give you a hard time. My constitution changed as I gradually drank more.

It seems that you drank like crazy.

It’s true. Really. I enjoy being tipsy now because it helps me with my acting. My sunbaes told me that an actor must know how to drink alcohol. It’s true. I couldn’t get close with people fast. I feel confident now. Movie actors are all good drinkers.

What do you drink with your sunbaes?

It’s “somaek” [t/n: soju and beer mixed together] these days.

Do you enjoy meeting people and having a meal with them in your daily life?

I hated that until I reached my mid-20′s. I was afraid of making a mistake. It got better now, so I’m okay with it.

You’re thankful when the other person opens their heart first.

I am because it means we’re becoming close.

What is your oldest memory?

It’s the first time that I think about it. Hm… A day trip when I was in preschool.

You grew up in Mokpo, so I guess your excursion was probably a day trip to the beach?

I go to Yudalsan Mountain a lot. I never go to the beach because there’s not really a resort place or a beach that are worth to be seen.

I was jealous of students living on the coastal area. There are nice beaches that are perfect to laze around.

My school was halfway up the mountain. The back gate led to the mountain. We mostly drank alcohol, smoked cigarettes, or fought over there. It wasn’t the right thing to do, though.

What kind of student were you?

I wasn’t an exemplary student, but I didn’t have a bad behavior either. It’s just that the hyungs took care of me. I had a lot of friends because I was manly.

Your student life must have been easy.

It was easy, indeed. I’m comfortable with being in a group of guys.

You think you’re “manly”?

I think a man must be manly.

Is it different when you’re in a relationship?

It’s a 180 degree turn. When I’m in a relationship, I use a lot of aegyo. I use a nickname instead of using her name. The tone of my voice is a little bit higher.

When was your last relationship?

It’s been a year and a half since we broke up. No one believes me.

You must date.

I want to. But I’ve been going menbong [t/n: kinda like "mental breakdown] lately. I feel no butterflies even when I meet women. I didn’t even have opportunities to meet women, but I don’t feel this excitement even when I’m acting in a romantic comedy.

A 29-year old man probably has his dating stats going up.

I think the world is leaving its stain on me the more I get older.

You’ve been acting for 8 years. You couldn’t not have changed.

When I meet someone, I just get rid of any judgement. “He/she will be this kind of person.” “He/she has this flaw”. I used to have a pure spirit, but I think I lost a lot of this pureness. It’s not a good feeling.

What do you think is the reason for this?

It’s probably because I’ve been working without taking a rest. In the past year and a half, I met 300 new people. It seems that constantly meeting new people changed me without even me noticing it.

A lot of people meet to make connections in this business world.

I forced myself to look for this kind of connection once, but it doesn’t work for me. I get no excitement.

You’ll hold the first fanmeeting of your life.

So much pressure. I did two in Japan, but it’s my first time in Korea. I want to show something special because it got delayed.

You seem very distressed. It seems like you’re really worrying.

I hate just going into a program made by someone else. I want to take the lead. I worry that what I show will be boring.

You probably cherish even more your fans since you got into the spotlight a bit late in your career.

I think they’re really a treasure. Maybe it will look formal, so it’s not the right way to express it. They even send me food each time I do a project. Every time I go through a hard time, they give me a lot of comfort.

These days, the support the fans show is organized.

They usually overwork so the actor doesn’t lose face in front of the staff. I’m thankful because they’re like family to me. During the fan meeting, they give me handwritten letters and I want to talk to them face to face.

The fan meeting aside, what do you think a lot about these days?

I want to rest. I really need some healing time. As a person, you’ll get exhausted if working is all you do.

You couldn’t sleep even 100 hours during the three months you shot “Emergency Couple”.

Sleep was a problem, but I put in all my energy every time I’m acting, so my batteries get discharged. I want to recharge my batteries without thinking about anything.

Do you have the method approach?

I’m very curious about this style of acting. I do act, but reaching this level seems nearly impossible. When you reach it, it’s like you’re possessed by a spirit. Isn’t acting the right mix between immersion and calculation?

You mean it requires precise calculation and intention?

I think going 100% about it is impossible to do. If you’re obsessed by the method, your acting is often exaggerated.

This method is the ideal of many actors.

It’ a bit cringe-worthy. It’s a difficult acting method unless you’re possessed [=completely immersed in the role]. At least, it is in my case.

What do you think is your talent?

People say they like my voice. How breaking it must be when I use a high tone that doesn’t match my looks.

You’re also a good singer.

Am I? I recorded the “Reply song” for the “Emergency Couple” special not long ago. I was so nervous that I focused only on the lyrics while I was singing. To be honest it’s something quite hard to do. Your voice can’t crack for the high notes, your voice vibrations must be good, you can’t let yourself be distracted by things like this.

Do you watch music audition programs?

I watched “Superstar K” up to season 4. I have no time to watch TV now. I set up an account to watch my dramas on my phone. I know about Kwon Jin Ah. [t/n: she was a contestant on "K-Pop Star 3"]

But you don’t have time to watch TV…

Basically, I listen to a song if it’s on music charts. I’m still listening to Kwon Jin Ah’s version of “24 Hours”.

You essentially listen to the Gayo top 100.

I like Korean oldies more. Even if I can understand English, I don’t know about the emotions in pop or R&B songs.

Is there a song you’d like to be played for a funeral?

“The Letter” by Kim Kwang Suk. Because it brings out tears. I focus on the synergy when I’m acting. When I’m sad, I want to feel the sadness even more.

Are you the kind to retreat in your internal cave?

It was a bit strong when I was a kid. When I was sad, I’d listen to sad songs and cry. Being like that is being gloomy. My personality took a 180 degree turn these days.

You’ve become more cheerful?

So much. I think it changes according to my environment. If someone is acting goofy, I match this mood. If it’s a calm atmosphere like right now, I speak very softly.

Does it mean you adjust your mood according to the person in front of you?

There are people who have a fixed personality. Either they’re always goofy, either they’re always dark. I adjust to the situation.

Is there something you’re obsessed with as you get older?

I talked about it earlier, but it’s pureness. There are times when I’m surprised by my own behavior. Why do I get angry over this? Why do I judge people? As I get older, I want to think about my younger days when I was having a hard time.

When was that?

During my first 5-6 years in Seoul.

What was the most confusing thing for a Mokpo boy in Seoul?

People are self-centered and calculating. When you move house, you give out rice cakes at least. [t/n: it's a way to celebrate something when you open a business or move into a new house] I never saw such thing.

When you give out rice cakes, people don’t open their door if it’s someone they don’t know.

That makes Seoul’s winter much colder. As I got older, I may be sick, I could wear a sleeveless shirt and play basket-ball even in winter back in the day when I was in my hometown.

Isn’t it because you were in the South?

No. It’s particularly cold here because it’s a heartless place.

If you were to choose among a moment of happiness in your past and things that remain?

I really miss my school days. When I had no worries, when I was with my friends.

Do you ever feel greedy about this world?

I have no greed for money or fame. The only reason I want to earn money is because I want to give it to my parents. I have no interest in having a nice car or a nice house.

Men usually want fame.

When I was young, I wanted to be a powerful man. At some point, it didn’t matter to me anymore. I just want to be a good son to my parents.

Do you have a goal you wish to accomplish as an actor?

I’m ambitious when it comes to my work. I hope that when people think about Choi Jin Hyuk, they will attach the terms “a good actor” to the name.

Isn’t this what being famous is about?

It’s a bit different. It’s just that I want to do a good job.

Original article: Grazia
Translation: @onesunnylady

It been a While since i came here! Glad to see you again. I don't have much to say since i am 30 pages late hahahahaha but thanks you for thé pictures of our oppa ' s first date with his fans. He is sexy dancing to rainisim and cute when he is moi éd like in the Last picture. @Ihjj‌ it would be Nice to see him shirtless but can our hearts bear it? Hahahahaha maybe we should prépare the emergency number! ! Hahahaha Glad to see you're still a huge fan of choi Jin hyuk

Guest sunshine4ever

@PolarisCat thanks for the notice about JH's 1st FM pics. @abcchin, thank you for reupoading them here for us.

Here are the rest of the pics. It's a lot, so if they create problems for you, please tag me or pm me and I'll be more than happy to make them URLs. I know some of them aren't JH pics, but I think we need to all know what's happening at the show. So it would be nice to post pics of the hosts and other surroundings. @booha dearest, hoping you can translate the fans meeting!!! If you do it later, I'll take off my pics. Will you please use my URLs to post on your translations later? :) Thanks.

Jin Hyuk looked A LOT more at ease in this fans meeting. He LOOKED LOVELY!!! I cannot wait to see the video if it releases soon because he looked great in the pictures!!! I wish that I was there. :)
lhZBwDW.jpg

Is this the schedule for the program or a list of the room they're going into? hhee..
a5RrLxK.jpg

Hostess
Bh6S6tO.jpg
kVnnRp5.jpg
U8nXaz0.jpg
93vcmoK.jpg

H3yMWdu.jpg
vLfwhf5.jpg
eJTlGaB.jpg

aFxQVnA.jpg
xqlQA4g.jpg
AjHHqjw.jpg

Pictures of him when he was little...@Yeekrfan2 looks like your question had been answered..hehe

Soe2FUm.jpg
8FiCA8n.jpg
YcX6w09.jpg
npCCydD.jpg
1p8QleW.jpg
ErurJz1.jpg

fZqK54m.jpg
oyBsSIM.jpg

pictures credit to official site ^^

Have a great morning/afternoon/evening! :)

-edited-
sorry, some pics are small because I saved them without clicking on them...but I think I'm fine with them in small pixels as the pictures can be heavy and cause loading problems, so if you want to save all the pics in big quality, please go HERE. I reuploaded just pics of Hyuk Hyuk by himself in bigger quality.