Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

CJH’s schedule: 5/18/Sunday => A fan signing meeting for SZ BY SZ promotion in Bu San 3pm
5/20 => Magazine Man’s Health
5/27/Tu => 50 Baeksang Arts Award (CJH was nominated for the new actor category with GFB. Hopefully he’ll win.)

Thank you everybody who came in this thread and gave us a quite exciting time. I enjoyed immensely.
@sky3 @welovesk @chocolatepie @anlene @Lim Desmond @dianalydia Thank you for pictures/info      Thank you whoever delivered the fan letters
@Wendy (‘Friend of Soompi’) Thank you for fan videos.  If it isn’t too much trouble, can you  post them in EC drama thread too?

Thank you @Yeekrfan2   You’re right. I read that he had on contact lenses which were supposed to match with his blue jacket(?)   I saw him rubbing his one eye really hard in one of the videos and I couldn’t figure out why he was doing it while so many people looked.   I have a feeling that one of the promoters who helped him for the event made him put on contact lenses.  It might be a common practice for entertainers so that pictures come out good(?) He had to wear them during GFB and he said it was very unpleasant and painful.  To me it sounds rather silly just to enhance one’s looks since the most actors are attractive to begin with.
@celes80   @anlene   I really laughed out loud after reading about the fan’s hijacking CJH’s hand.  I saw a picture in DC that one of the fans who gave him a hug on the stage. So she could be the one(?)   I couldn’t blame her because she guessed (correctly) it could happen only in one’s life time and she acted upon it.   By now CJH has to know that his body belongs in a public domain. I’m just joking, of course haha    What a fun story to read about.    Yes @celes80 Don’t rush writing about the update now.  However I’m very excited to hear about it.   Your first one was great.  I’m planning to read them many many times. Thank you!!
@sunshine4ever   Hello I forgot to mention that I found the pictures you were looking for.  They were from the last year newspaper article after GFB and it was translated back then.   When this fan meeting’s party will be over here, I’ll post them with an article.
@Lim Desmond said: @dianalydia said: Lim Desmond said: They are spotted at Red House Seafood at Prinsep St around 11pm. They won't leave tonight already

Hi dear hyuk hyuk girls, juz find 3 awesome HD FanCam in which we can listen to the full songs.
id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"Choi Jin Hyuk singing Emergency Couple theme song at Singapore fan meet @ kallang theatre

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"Choi Jin Hyuk singing Gu Family Book OST at Singapore fan meet @ kallang theatre

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"160514 Choi Jin Hyuk singing Emergency Couple OST

booha

said: CJH’s schedule: 5/18/Sunday => A fan signing meeting for SZ BY SZ promotion in Bu San 3pm

5/20 => Magazine Man’s Health

5/27/Tu => 50 Baeksang Arts Award (CJH was nominated for the new actor category with GFB. Hopefully he’ll win.)

Thank you everybody who came in this thread and gave us a quite exciting time. I enjoyed immensely.

@sky3 @welovesk @chocolatepie @anlene @Lim Desmond @dianalydia Thank you for pictures/info      Thank you whoever delivered the fan letters

@Wendy (‘Friend of Soompi’) Thank you for fan videos.  If it isn’t too much trouble, can you  post them in EC drama thread too?

@Lim Desmond

said:

@dianalydia

said:

Lim Desmond

said: They are spotted at Red House Seafood at Prinsep St around 11pm. They won't leave tonight already

I'm up! Now, how should I do this?... I thought to maybe do this in 2 parts.  The first part will be a recap of what happened yesterday; the second, my personal reflections on both of them.  I saw that @hyehoon and @welovesk have already provided a recap in the EC thread - thank you very much for that.  You can refer to their recap too.  If there's anything I missed out (those who were there!), pls feel free to add on.===   
First part of the FM was a chat/interview with SJH and CJH.  We recapped scenes in the drama and both were asked to talk about their feelings when filming.
- CJH was happy to be here and meet his fans in Singapore.  SJH was happy but said she felt guilty at the same time about being in Singapore and doing the FM because of the recent Sewol tragedy.  
- There was a BTS photo of CJH, SJH, LPM and CYJ standing around the hospital bed.  They were all smiling and happy and CJH was in hospital scrubs, smiling happily with both hands in his pockets.  SJH said that was his trademark pose on set.  He was always standing around with both hands in his pockets.  :)  And CJH was like - meh! Really? Haha. They talked about how the set was truly amazing and said that for that 4+ months they were filming, the set was really their 2nd home.  They slept there, ate there, bathed there, worked (filmed) there so there were really a lot of memories. (I'll try and see if I can find that shot online and post it here later.)
- On difficulties with filming, SJH and CJH mentioned it before, and said it here again that all the medical jargon and getting all the medical scenes right was the most difficult part of filming.  CJH said that the PD-nim had told them that the kiss scenes were very well received so they had to do more of them.  (HAHAHA) The kiss scenes were also difficult to film, cos they were human after all.  It was rather embarrassing for both. 
- When they were filming the fight scenes in episode 1, the props on set were actually brand new and really expensive.  So when they had to cut the bag up, destroy the radio etc, they too felt the heart-ache when filming it.  Such a waste of money and resources!
- There was a question on whether SJH would have liked CJH in real life and vice versa (can't remember the exact question now).  SJH said that CJH was really nice and easy to work with so yes, she did like him.  Someone in the audience shouted Kang Gary's name and she smiled.  So she replied that on Mondays she would be with Gary and for the rest of the days she would be with Jin Hyuk.  (This was really said in jest, and for fan-service.)  CJH said that SJH was really bubbly an set, a really easy-going person and like him always likes to play pranks on others on set.  So yes, they would have really gotten along in real life and CJH liked SJH too.  (For both replies, I must clarify there are really NO ROMANTIC FEELINGS involved.)
- There was a close-up shot of SJH's face in the drama, which was flawless.  The emcee asked about her beauty secrets to which SJH replied there was none.  All one needs to do is to sleep well, eat well and to wash your face regularly with the basic stuff - nothing too fanciful.  Natural beauty without make-up is best.  
- They talked next about CJH's singing.  The scene in EC where OCM was singing to OJH @ the bar and OJH was moved to tears.  SJH loves CJH's voice.  SJH said that the entire cast and crew are fans of CJH's singing.  When they were filming that scene, some of them really teared because they were so moved.  SJH then started egging on the crowd to ask CJH to sing.  At the end, CJH sang the EC OST "The Way We Loved" originally sung by Park Si Hwan.  (In @PolarisCat's posted videos above.)
Second part - playing games with fans.  The games were thought of by CJH and SJH themselves.
First game - CJH and SJH would take turns to throw balls over the heads and fans would have to catch them using a basket placed over their heads as well.  5 fans on each side, so Team CJH vs Team SJH.  The team with most balls wins.  They took turns.  CJH threw them one by one, whereas SJH was so excited she threw with both hands, and towards the end she just picked up the entire basket and threw it over her head with the balls flying EVERYWHERE.  HAHAHAHA.  Team SJH won!  CJH said afterwards that his neck hurt.
Second game - Charades.  They took turns to act out whatever was on the placard.  10 fans came up.  Again Team CJH vs.  Team SJH.  CJH had to act out the part of a soldier (how apt!) and SJH's had to act out KING KONG.  HAHAHA.  She was really cute!.  She was in high heels the whole night, but during this segment, she removed her shoes and walked around barefoot, just so she could get around faster and act as King Kong.  Team CJH won!  
Third game - Re-enactment of the stethoscope confession scene in the drama.  6 lucky fans!  You get to choose who you want to do it with.  This was the part where CJH was stunned by the over-zealous reaction of a fan who yanked him by the hand on stage, placed the stethoscope on his ears, the bell on her own chest, said "Saranghae, Oppa" and a whole load of other things before giving him one ULTRA-BIG mighty HUG.  HAHAHAHAHA.  He was in total shock after that, and said afterwards when he was being pulled, the mic hit his teeth and it was still hurting (a bit).  And that actually he couldn't hear a thing that she said, because like when they were filming the drama, when your stethoscope in your ears, actually the sounds are all blocked out.  2 chose CJH and 4 chose SJH.  SJH gave a mighty big hug in return to the last fan, who was so overwhelmed by the experience she broke down in tears.  
Third part - answering questions from the fansWe ran out of time, so there was only time for them to answer 3 questions.  SJH and CJH took turns to pick out questions from fans from a bowl.
Question to SJH: What is your favourite food in Singapore?  She said, she'd been to Singapore last time for the RM fan meet and she ate chilli crabs, black pepper crabs and curry crabs over three days and put on weight.  (Celes80: What's this obsession Koreans have with our chilli crabs?  Everyone comes here to eat our crabs.  HAHAHHA.  SO MUCH CRABS, you'll turn crabbie! And they went to eat it after the FM I hear, both went to different seafood joints afterwards based on Desmond Lim's update.)
Question to CJH:  What do you do outside of filming?  He said he doesn't rest when he's not filming. He likes to keep himself busy all the time, so he does things like meeting up with friends, go drinking, go work out.
Third question was for both of them to answer, but it turns out the question was whether CJH could sing for them?  SJH said: "Me too, me too!" (In English).  CJH said he knew that the audience would ask for it, so he had already prepared for it before hand.  :)  He sang the GFB OST - "Best Wishes for You", again in @PolarisCat's videos above.  
==Wow! Sorry, I didn't realise my update is super long!  I'll continue on with my own reflections later.  :)

Hey, our newspapers are having a field day with tons of news on CJH and SJH!  Here's another one.
P.S.  All the people who tagged me over the last few days with questions, very sorry for not replying you yet, I have been very busy with work and running around to the FMs over the last 2 days so pls give me a while to get back to you.  @sunshine4ever - I have a long reply to you in response to your post on the Japan FM but I'll reply to you later on that as well.  Very insightful post.  
==
class="title" id="page-title" style="text-align: left; font-size: 40px; line-height: 1em; margin: 0px; font-family: 'Benton Mod Disp', serif; font-weight: normal; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"It’s an Emergency (Couple)Choi Jin Hyuk and Song Ji Hyo on marriage, divorce and needles
BY HON JING YIPUBLISHED: MAY 17, 4:13 AM

SINGAPORE — Speaking to reporters can be exhausting.

Which would explain why Choi Jin-hyuk looked so sullen during his interview with journalists in Singapore.

The South Korean actor, who was in town with on-screen love interest Song Ji-hyo to promote their new romantic comedy series Emergency Couple, spent most of the interview staring at his shoes and answered only three questions during the 20-minute session at Pan Pacific Hotel on Thursday evening.

But if his cheerful and more forthcoming co-star is to be believed, Choi doesn’t always give the most accurate first impressions.

“We met for the first time on (popular Korean variety show) Running Man, and due to the nature of the show, we didn’t interact very much,” said Song, the only female member of Running Man. “When I first met him, I thought he was a very strong man with a bad-boy image and perhaps somebody who would be difficult to get close to.”

“But after I got to know him better, I realised he is actually very passionate and hard-working, and he loves what he does,” the 32-year-old added. “It was a great pleasure working with him.”

Choi’s first impressions of Song, however, seem to match her on-screen personality. “During the filming of Emergency Couple, I realised Ji-hyo is very friendly and true to herself,” said the 28-year-old, who has also starred in the popular drama series The Heirs. “She doesn’t force anything — that was my first impression.”

Perhaps it’s just a matter of getting enough caffeine?

Q: Ji-hyo, how would you rate Jin-hyuk’s comic talent?

Song: His previous roles were a lot more serious and very different compared with his role in Emergency Couple. I think some of the members of the audience might find it a little strange, seeing him that way. But he actually shares many similarities with the character he plays, Oh Chang-min. I think the role suits him very well. It was great working with a partner who helped to draw my character out as well.

Q: What was the greatest challenge you faced during filming?

Choi: I wouldn’t say this was the most challenging, but shooting a medical drama requires special knowledge. Even though our characters were just interns, it was difficult to look as if we knew medicine.

Q: Are either of you afraid of blood or needles?

Choi: No.

Song: I am afraid of sharp items, including needles. But we used so many medical instruments and needles in this drama, so that helped me overcome my fears a little. I think it was a good opportunity, even though we had a few injuries on set, during filming.

Q: There were a few kissing scenes. Was it difficult to be so intimate with each other?

Song: The drama begins with a huge fight — that is how the relationship begins, quite negatively. Gradually, the relationship progresses to love. We shot the series over three months, so it wasn’t very difficult filming intense fight or love scenes, because we weren’t involved in those scenes at the beginning. And it was good, because we both enjoyed shooting them towards the end of the production.

Q: Has this show changed your views on marriage?

Choi: You can see that divorce is an important issue in this drama series. I think it is a real social issue, and you can see that it’s quite common. That is why we see divorce featuring in many more dramas and movies. This show is about how a divorced couple falls back in love and reunites. I’ve seen a couple like that before and it made me think a lot.

Song: This drama begins with divorce, rather than marriage, and it leads back to love once again. It gave me opportunities to think about what it really means to marry someone. If you love someone, and are willing to commit to each other and take the responsibility that comes with being a spouse, then it shouldn’t lead to divorce. And even if it does, you really need to think if it is the right choice. Look at our characters — they got back together at the end. So one has to be a little more cautious when it comes to decisions about this.

Q: Gary (Ji-hyo’s other half on Running Man’s Monday Couple) did a cameo on the show. Whose idea was it?

Song: It was my idea. There was a very minor role in the script and it was not directed at Gary, but we were hoping he would take it. He happened to be in Singapore when I called him and he took the role right away. It was a very minor role, but he was very willing to participate and I am very grateful to him for that. I would also be happy to invite him to be a part of my next drama or production.

Q: How would you rate Gary’s acting?

Song: To be honest, Gary’s forte is singing and mine is acting, so I cannot really rate his acting. It would be like asking him to rate my singing! This particular scene was also very easy, and it was done so that Gary wouldn’t feel pressured. We tried to accommodate him as much as possible. I had a lot of fun having him on set.

Q: What was the most exciting thing that took place during filming?

Song: The chemistry between everyone on set — the directors, production crew and the actors — was very strong. Even though we had to live on set for three months and despite our lack of sleep, it was a really fun experience and I enjoyed working with every single one of them. Every moment was fun for me.

Emergency Couple airs every Monday and Tuesday at 10pm on channel M (StarHub TV Ch 824/mio TV Ch 518).

==

The video version of the same article is here:

Heartbeats rise at the Emergency Couple fan meet class="pvrichtxttitle" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; margin: 9px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.286em; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Full of heart, laughter and maybe some cringe-worthy moments, Song Ji Hyo and Choi Jin Hyuk’s fan meet had fans’ heartbeats soaring through the roof
634841CA3C45832E19DC227CC8978_h498_w598_

Text: Ng Jia Yi
Photos: Fast Track Events
Videos: Fiona Lin & Charlene Chong

We might all need a trip to the emergency room after what Choi Jin Hyuk and Song Ji Hyo did to our hearts last night.

The Korean stars were on our sunny shores to promote their latest drama, Emergency Couple. In the romantic comedy, Ji Hyo and Jin Hyuk play a pair of divorcees who hate each other to the bone, but end up interning at the same hospital, in the same emergency room (not a situation we’d want to be in).

After barrelling through their jam-packed promotion schedule, which included a group interview with the media and a mall event at Square 2, the Emergency Couple met up with fans at the Kallang Theatre last night.

The stars fed their fans’ curiosity, interacted and played games with them. Some lucky fans even found themselves the happiest people in Kallang when they got the once-in-a-lifetime chance to take a picture with their idols.

36AB57DE04383BF5946F2AC8B5E6.jpg

Jin Hyuk’s ‘emergencies’

Well, you can’t be one half of the Emergency Couple without running into a few emergencies of your own.

Jin Hyuk’s first crisis attacked as he was belting out his rendition of ‘The Way We Loved’ by Park Si Hwan, one of the songs in the Emergency Couple soundtrack.

While no one in the theatre missed hearing his voice breaking at the song’s climax, we can hardly fault the man for making a mistake that even professional singers make. In fact, we were pleasantly surprised to realise that the actor was singing live – in an era where singers themselves lip-sync a lot of the time.

Besides, kudos to Jin Hyuk for keeping his cool and riding through the ‘emergency’, for he finished the rest of the song without missing a beat.

His fans love him for who he is, anyway. Despite his minor screw-up earlier, the audience was still enthusiastic when asked if they would like to hear Jin Hyuk sing again, as the fan meet approached its end.

Jin Hyuk, too, was eager to try again: “I knew you guys would ask that, so I prepared another song.”

The cheers were deafening when his performance of Gu Family Book soundtrack, ‘Best Wishes to You’, went along without a single hitch.

Good job, Jin Hyuk – we’ll be waiting for the day when you finally put all that talent into an album.

C08BF711A2AA78181398F723C974C3_h498_w598

A bold fan proclaims her love

You know what they say – if you let it happen once, it’ll happen twice.

It’s not every day that we get to see a star stunned speechless by a fan’s boldness, but that was exactly what happened to Jin Hyuk at the Emergency Couple fan meet.

In a game that required fans to act out the iconic Emergency Couple scene where Jin Hee (Ji Hyo) puts the stethoscope on Chang Min’s ears and confesses her love for him – suggested by Jin Hyuk himself no less – a fangirl decided to go all out.

Her dramatic confession, starting with “I love you oppa” in Korean, shocked Jin Hyuk so much that he was only able to laugh awkwardly.

After the girl boldly reached for a hug, Jin Hyuk stood in a daze for a good whole minute, until the host jokingly told the next participant: “He’s overwhelmed by contestant number two! Make him forget about her!”

She did, as she proceeded to tell him, “My heart beats for you.”

“I thought you guys would be shy,” Jin Hyuk later said disbelievingly, “but you guys were really bold.”

Well, welcome to Singapore, where kiasu is the way of life.

A74D92E548FA3EF46F1C9263465B1.jpg

Ji Hyo: fan service “ace”

Ji Hyo’s known for being the “Ace” in Korean variety show Running Man, and that title certainly wasn’t given to her for naught.

Other than being all smiles throughout the fan meet, Ji Hyo is also the first star that we’ve seen work so hard to give the audience some fan service.

During one of the games, Ji Hyo had to throw balls backwards towards fans, who had to catch those balls in baskets on top of their heads. The person who caught the most number of balls would win the chance to grab a picture with Ji Hyo and Jin Hyuk.

We were all taken aback when Ji Hyo stepped up to the box of balls and just starting hurling three balls at a time. The “Ace” proceeded to show us just what efficient ball-throwing is about; the balls were hurtling through the air so quickly that fans barely had time to catch them.

As a last-ditch attempt to help fans win the game, Ji Hyo eventually lifted the box of balls and poured everything out at one go – and moved on to the next box of balls (which she once again resorted to tipping upside down as the 100-second time limit approached).

Her conscientious efforts saw a fan from her team being crowned winner, with a record of seven balls caught.

Even so, the non-winners didn’t lose out. The amiable actress went around giving each of the participants a warm hug, making sure that they didn’t return to their seats unhappy.

Later on, when a fan broke down, overwhelmed by finally meeting her idol, Ji Hyo held her and patted her back just like a sister would.

The amount of sincerity and heart that Ji Hyo puts into her interactions with fans touched our hearts, and we’re sure that fans felt it too (how could they not?).

23DD63FE24E231125E785F45C4629_h498_w598_

Gary vs. Chang Min

Before Emergency Couple, there is the Monday Couple.

The love-line between Ji Hyo and her fellow Running Man cast mate Kang Gary has always been a point of interest, and it doesn’t help that Ji Hyo always sounds so happy talking about her Gary oppa (what Korean females call a close, older male friend).

During an interview with xinmsn on Thursday, the bubbly actress was full of praise for Gary when his cameo role inEmergency Couple was mentioned: “It’s a very minor role, but he was very willing and I’m grateful for that. Even for the next drama or role that I’m involved in, I’ll be happy to invite him to be part of the production.”

Aw, but Gary barely got to bask in the praise for a day before he was knocked off his pedestal by Oh Chang Min, Jin Hyuk’s character in Emergency Couple.

During the fan meet, the host brought up this question: If Ji Hyo were to meet Chang Min in real life, would she date him?

The audience’s reaction was light-years faster than Ji Hyo’s – the chants of “Gary! Gary! Gary!” started almost immediately.

After a moment’s pause, Ji Hyo smiled goofily, repeating, “Gary? Kang Gary?”

“I like Gary…” she said, causing Monday Couple shippers to go into a full-on uproar. The actress quickly went on to douse the fire by adding, “…and I like Chang Min. I’ll meet Gary on Mondays, and Chang Min on the other days!”

Guess it’s Chang Min 1, Gary 0.

5FD0381441F77D885BB6C368E9485F_h498_w598

AW-kward Jin Hyuk

According to Jin Hyuk, he hasn’t been to a lot of fan meets, and we won’t lie – we could tell.

Although Ji Hyo told us during an earlier interview that she once thought Jin Hyuk would be a chic 'bad man', the 186cm tall heartthrob was surprisingly bumbling in spite of the confident vibe that he gives off on camera.

His attempts at hugging fans were rather awkward, and he really didn’t talk much, but his serious attempts at everything were adorable.

After his team lost out at the ball-throwing game, he confessed that he felt he was the lousiest member in the group, adding, “I’m sorry to the fans. I’ll work harder for the next game.”

You would think he was joking, but he said it with a completely straight, dead-serious face.

“Thank you for your precious time. I had a lot of fun, though I’m not sure if we had a lot of fun.”

Oh, Jin Hyuk, don’t worry – we’re sure just watching you fumble around is enough fun.

F3FB605D848B68725AA15FBD772735.jpg

Emergency Couple airs every Monday and Tuesday, 10pm, on channel M (StarHub TV Ch. 824 and SingTel mio TV Ch. 518).

E3AEAD9DB09A75E148A8EB67188C_h498_w598_m

Cr. Xinmsn

Guest Yi0481

You all are INCREDIBLE. What can I say? The updates, the articles, the pics and videos..... Y'all are awesome sauce! Way to go!! It's really great seeing how loved both of them are in Singapore. I do suppose CJH may be nervous since it's his first time while Mong Ji is the seasoned pro since they did so many RM fan meets last year... Hopefully he'll walk away from this experience knowing that people truly love and appreciate him as an actor. And hopefully he'll get more comfortable with these sorta things in due course. ^^

Choi Jin Hyuk: I don't like men staring at my girlfriend

Popular Korean drama stars Choi Jin Hyuk and Song Ji Hyo are in Singapore to promote their latest romantic drama Emergency Couple. The two star as a divorced couple who end up working in the same hospital years after their split. Find out how similar they are to their onscreen characters and watch as Jin Hyuk reveals his traditional side when it comes to relationships.

http://razor.tv/video/827929/choi-jin-hyuk-i-don-t-like-men-staring-at-my-girlfriend

What to expect at fan meet and greets

Every fan meet is different. Take a look at how the meet and greet session from the 'Emergency Couple' stacked up against some other well known celebs. (EC FM footage starts from 0:44)

http://razor.tv/video/827930/what-to-expect-at-fan-meet-and-greets

Guest sky3

hi everyone,

my memory came back to me after reading all the accounts of the fan meet here & EC thread. i think @celes80 & the rest have summed it very well and i have nothing much to add.

at one point, jin hyuk was choosing partcipants for one of the games and he could only point but nobody knows who exactly was he pointing at and he couldn't describe the person in English and the translator was at the other side of the stage helping ji hyo. i thought he looked very helpless and a bit frustrated because he stood there for quite a while pointing at the air before the translator came. but he did laugh while talking to her but I still feel kind of sorry for him. and he looked visibly tired at the end of the fan meet. i hope he does get enough rest back home.

Guest sunshine4ever

Thank you @sky3, wow, now that you said that he is not very good in English. How grateful I feel that our letters were translated in Korean! :) Great to hear that you ladies had a blast @welovesk @celes80 @sky3 at the fans meeting! You probably need a lot of rest then after the event? I got home and tried to catch up, but it looks like I'm still behind. lol. I still haven't watched a lot of clips and/or had the time to hear all of JH's songs. I wish there weren't be so much background noise, but anyway what I can ask for? Those are from fans!!! <3 stuffs from fans.

@celes80, you have to share to me in regards to the message I shared with you about Jin Hyuk and his Japanese fans meeting? I'd love to hear. Waiting. Just post whenever you have time. :) No worries! hee...

@booha, thanks so much for trying to dig out the picture for me. I really should go through all the pages of this thread. I can't wait until you post the pictures. :) By the way you are now in charge of Grandpas Overs Flowers Investigation Team thread! If you have any questions, please ask me and I'd be more than gladly help you! :)

Thanks @PolarisCat for the awesome full clips of JH's singing.

I don't usually do super long posts, but I felt like I had to wrt my feelings for CJH after seeing him yesterday.  I've left it in the spoiler tag because it's so long. @booha @sunshine4ever @yeekrfan2 @mdolphins - I feel like you gals are like my kindred spirits when we all chat about CJH and I wanted to dedicate the post to you guys.  

I've decided to leave the news articles, videos and what not on the actual EC FM event itself to others to report, in the EC thread itself. No point double posting here.  Many photos and videos will be coming out over the next few days anyway.  Nothing beats watching the actual photo and video itself so no point in me writing a long recap based on memory although I must say I'm quite shocked there are so many videos circulating around the internet at the moment.  There were actually strict restrictions on photography and video-taking at the event so the fact that the entire interview segment was captured on camera, amazing...

I wanted to talk about my own feelings on seeing CJH over the last 2 days.  I've read many articles talking about him appearing sullen, "bored", "distracted". One article mentioned he was looking at his shoes during the interviews and answered few questions.  It would appear as if he's disinterested and it wouldn't create a good impression to those reading about him for the first time.  But that is not true.  There were 2 things that really struck me from having observed him over the last 2 days.  One comment he made at the FM really struck me.  When he first appeared on stage yesterday, one of the first things he said was that he noticed many familiar faces from the previous day's meet-and-greet session.  He actually remembered who came the day before.  I was really very touched when he said that.  That is the CJH I know, based on what I've read from all his interviews and one of the very many reasons why I love him so much. He cares about his fans a lot and our presence is what gives him the strength to carry on.  He treasures every one who comes to see him.  What he said at the FM, was not characteristic of someone who is disinterested.  In fact, it was the total opposite.
The 2nd thing that struck me was when we were playing games, he was the only one who bothered look up way up into the circle seats (2nd floor of the theatre) and asked for a fan to come down and join him.  And I think she did eventually come down. Most of the people chosen were from the front few rows, as would be expected, but when he was asked to choose the fans, I found him casting his gaze way behind to the back of the theatre so that the people behind would not be left out.  As @sky3 mentioned, he was pointing and pointing away, but did not know how to get his point across.  I was one of those people sitting way at the back cos I bought my ticket so late, so for a while I thought he was looking at me... LOL... but jokes aside, I was very touched that he cared about us "back-benchers'.  Actually I think he wanted to pick a lot more fans himself, but because we were running out of time, and the translator was busy with SJH somewhere else, in the end the emcee just did the job for him and started out picking out fans based on her preferences, rather than what CJH wanted which I thought was not very nice but given the circumstances he just went along.  At the moment in time, I actually felt very sorry for him and my heart ached. :(
Throughout the whole FM, he was rather quiet.  Much more subdued than what I'd expected given I'd seen him in the Japan FMs and to be honest, while I did enjoy myself thoroughly at the FM, I was worried watching him. When it was not his turn to play the games or be interviewed, he would scurry away to the corner of the stage and stand beside his translator - just the two of them.  Leaving all the fans behind with SJH the emcee in centre stage.  When it was his turn, he would quietly slip himself back in without anyone noticing.  I felt he was really very lost in the whole FM because he wanted to interact with us, but he really didn't know how to due to his limited English.  Maybe a better word to use here would be overwhelmed.  Unlike SJH, who is used to fan meets and knows what SG fans are like, it's his first trip down to SG and also probably one of the first few fan meets outside of Korea and Japan.  And he doesn't have that language barrier in Japan (not really), because he learnt Japanese before and understands it to a certain extent.  He also doesn''t know how crazy passionate us SG fans can get sometimes because he probably doesn't get this kind of attention in Korea or Japan.  We show our affection openly and scream and shout in FMs, not like in Japan where it was much more quiet.  SJH was dishing out hugs left-right-centre but CJH was much more guarded in that respect.  I don't think its a matter of him not wanting to, but not knowing how to behave and knowing what is appropriate in our context.  "Should I approach her and give her a hug?  Should I wait for her to approach me first?"  "Would it be rude for me to approach her first?"  "How should I do it?" "Would they think its strange for me to approach her first - since I'm a guy and she's a girl?"  I think he had many questions running through his head, but it was difficult for him to express himself and he respectfully just went along and dished out hugs only when the fans initiated it. So in comparison to SJH, he appeared rather aloof and distant but I don't think that it's because he didn't care or want to interact with his fans, but rather the total opposite.  It's because he cared a lot about his fan's feelings that he stayed respectfully distant.  Towards the end of the FM, when he probably got a bit more comfortable, I saw him being less guarded and went to them with wide open arms as if to ask if they wanted a hug, which most gladly accepted.  That's when the happy waves to fans in the audience also started coming.  That brought a smile to my face, but unfortunately, that really came towards the end of the FM, although I'm really glad he got round to it.
So yes, that's why I couldn't really recap what I felt about CJH immediately after the meeting and had to wait a day.  I was trying to piece together and make sense of everything that I'd just seen.  I'd really enjoyed myself watching CJH in real life, and felt like I got to know him that much better as a person just by watching how he interacted with fans at the meeting.  He really is what I've always read about in his various interviews - down-to-earth, honest and an incredibly thoughtful and sensitive man. I love him even more now.  Much more than I did before, if that is even possible. :x He does need to learn how to loosen up @ fan meets and interviews, but I'm sure all these he will pick up with time, the more fan meets he does and the more countries he visits like what @booha mentioned earlier.

Awww @celes80  I'm so touched by your feelings in this post that it bring tears to my eyes! I love the way you've described him at this FM, it's exactly what we have knew all along about him. Your keen observation of him is even more insightful and the understanding of his hesitation and awkwardness in this FM is so sensitive and thoughtful. How I wish you have gotten a hug from him too! Thank you for this beautiful post!   :x  >:D<

I guess he was so surprised to get so many hugs from SG passionate fans unlike his Korean & Japanese fans who are ever respectful towards him. I'm sure after this, he will get more hugs from his fans everywhere after learning from SG lucky fans about his *cough *tight abs*....LOL!  :\"> ;))  He will get used to it soon enough! ;)   :D

@sky3, u were sitting at Row I14???!!!! OMG! I was very near to you...haha....

I wanted to take video when he sang the 1st song, but I saw the ushers stopping fans from recording, so I stopped...

me & my friends, even though the ushers were chasing us out, remained in the theatre by moving 1 step everytime they chased us...haha...

so I managed to record the last part before they left the stage... He was asked to say a few words before leaving...

(but I could not edit the video, the 1st 9 seconds were taken when he walked to the side to take a break before the next group of fans get ready for the group photo..i paused the video and continue recording during the last part... I was not able to edit it so the last 3-4seconds SJH was waving to her fans...)

Guest fireicebaby

Wonder if Jin Hyuk back in Korea already? Didn't see any airport pics of them in Singapore and Incheon. Jihyo too

Guest Yi0481

@celes80‌ thanks for sharing your insights. Loved reading your perspective, you really paid attention to the small details each the paparazzi missed. True fan indeed! I think what you've said just goes to show how wonderful he is as a person. Give the man time and I think he'll blossom and do well. TBH if I recall Kwang Soo had fan meetings in SEA and was greeted by zealous fans too... It's probably a shock to them to see just how loved they are overseas. Which is why. Fully believe when they say it gives them strength and makes them want to do better. Hoping for bigger things to come from CJH. May his time in the army be of rest and just being CJH the man, not the actor, so he can come back better and stronger. Sigh. Not sure what's into me, feeling like the older sis trying to protect her young and chic brother who tends to be misunderstood at times. Lol.

Guest mdolphins

celes80 said: I don't usually do super long posts, but I felt like I had to wrt my feelings for CJH after seeing him yesterday.  I've left it in the spoiler tag because it's so long. @booha @sunshine4ever @yeekrfan2 @mdolphins - I feel like you gals are like my kindred spirits when we all chat about CJH and I wanted to dedicate the post to you guys.  

I've decided to leave the news articles, videos and what not on the actual EC FM event itself to others to report, in the EC thread itself. No point double posting here.  Many photos and videos will be coming out over the next few days anyway.  Nothing beats watching the actual photo and video itself so no point in me writing a long recap based on memory although I must say I'm quite shocked there are so many videos circulating around the internet at the moment.  There were actually strict restrictions on photography and video-taking at the event so the fact that the entire interview segment was captured on camera, amazing...

I wanted to talk about my own feelings on seeing CJH over the last 2 days.  I've read many articles talking about him appearing sullen, "bored", "distracted". One article mentioned he was looking at his shoes during the interviews and answered few questions.  It would appear as if he's disinterested and it wouldn't create a good impression to those reading about him for the first time.  But that is not true.  There were 2 things that really struck me from having observed him over the last 2 days.  One comment he made at the FM really struck me.  When he first appeared on stage yesterday, one of the first things he said was that he noticed many familiar faces from the previous day's meet-and-greet session.  He actually remembered who came the day before.  I was really very touched when he said that.  That is the CJH I know, based on what I've read from all his interviews and one of the very many reasons why I love him so much. He cares about his fans a lot and our presence is what gives him the strength to carry on.  He treasures every one who comes to see him.  What he said at the FM, was not characteristic of someone who is disinterested.  In fact, it was the total opposite.
The 2nd thing that struck me was when we were playing games, he was the only one who bothered look up way up into the circle seats (2nd floor of the theatre) and asked for a fan to come down and join him.  And I think she did eventually come down. Most of the people chosen were from the front few rows, as would be expected, but when he was asked to choose the fans, I found him casting his gaze way behind to the back of the theatre so that the people behind would not be left out.  As @sky3 mentioned, he was pointing and pointing away, but did not know how to get his point across.  I was one of those people sitting way at the back cos I bought my ticket so late, so for a while I thought he was looking at me... LOL... but jokes aside, I was very touched that he cared about us "back-benchers'.  Actually I think he wanted to pick a lot more fans himself, but because we were running out of time, and the translator was busy with SJH somewhere else, in the end the emcee just did the job for him and started out picking out fans based on her preferences, rather than what CJH wanted which I thought was not very nice but given the circumstances he just went along.  At the moment in time, I actually felt very sorry for him and my heart ached. :(
Throughout the whole FM, he was rather quiet.  Much more subdued than what I'd expected given I'd seen him in the Japan FMs and to be honest, while I did enjoy myself thoroughly at the FM, I was worried watching him. When it was not his turn to play the games or be interviewed, he would scurry away to the corner of the stage and stand beside his translator - just the two of them.  Leaving all the fans behind with SJH the emcee in centre stage.  When it was his turn, he would quietly slip himself back in without anyone noticing.  I felt he was really very lost in the whole FM because he wanted to interact with us, but he really didn't know how to due to his limited English.  Maybe a better word to use here would be overwhelmed.  Unlike SJH, who is used to fan meets and knows what SG fans are like, it's his first trip down to SG and also probably one of the first few fan meets outside of Korea and Japan.  And he doesn't have that language barrier in Japan (not really), because he learnt Japanese before and understands it to a certain extent.  He also doesn''t know how crazy passionate us SG fans can get sometimes because he probably doesn't get this kind of attention in Korea or Japan.  We show our affection openly and scream and shout in FMs, not like in Japan where it was much more quiet.  SJH was dishing out hugs left-right-centre but CJH was much more guarded in that respect.  I don't think its a matter of him not wanting to, but not knowing how to behave and knowing what is appropriate in our context.  "Should I approach her and give her a hug?  Should I wait for her to approach me first?"  "Would it be rude for me to approach her first?"  "How should I do it?" "Would they think its strange for me to approach her first - since I'm a guy and she's a girl?"  I think he had many questions running through his head, but it was difficult for him to express himself and he respectfully just went along and dished out hugs only when the fans initiated it. So in comparison to SJH, he appeared rather aloof and distant but I don't think that it's because he didn't care or want to interact with his fans, but rather the total opposite.  It's because he cared a lot about his fan's feelings that he stayed respectfully distant.  Towards the end of the FM, when he probably got a bit more comfortable, I saw him being less guarded and went to them with wide open arms as if to ask if they wanted a hug, which most gladly accepted.  That's when the happy waves to fans in the audience also started coming.  That brought a smile to my face, but unfortunately, that really came towards the end of the FM, although I'm really glad he got round to it.
So yes, that's why I couldn't really recap what I felt about CJH immediately after the meeting and had to wait a day.  I was trying to piece together and make sense of everything that I'd just seen.  I'd really enjoyed myself watching CJH in real life, and felt like I got to know him that much better as a person just by watching how he interacted with fans at the meeting.  He really is what I've always read about in his various interviews - down-to-earth, honest and an incredibly thoughtful and sensitive man. I love him even more now.  Much more than I did before, if that is even possible. :x He does need to learn how to loosen up @ fan meets and interviews, but I'm sure all these he will pick up with time, the more fan meets he does and the more countries he visits like what @booha mentioned earlier.