Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

What can I say about this  unexpected news about Hyuki.  It’s sad.   Now I know why he took down one of his IG pictures. At the time  I suspected  his situation wasn’t good and his knee needed a long recovery but still I didn’t  want to believe it.   Normally I don’t check around newspapers’ comment section  but when I read the concerned responses in CJH IGs because of  the negative comments made by some people in the media,  I had to search and I found one from  the naver.com/comment section.  It has 2494 comments so far and I only read to 101-120 yet.  There are a mixture of  negative and sympathetic/encouraging comments.  I truly hope that, since a knee injury isn’t something rare, people will be not too harsh on Hyuki in the future.   However some negative comments made me very squeamish.  In times like this I’m so glad there are Hyuki fan sites where I am able to read fans rallying out  for our guy.   

Redbrickhouse

10 hrs

[배우 최진혁 의병전역 관련]

안녕하십니까.
배우 최진혁씨 소속사 레드브릭하우스입니다.

최진혁씨가 10월 16일 의병전역을 하게 되었습니다.

지난 3월 31일 육군 30사단으로 현역 입대해 군 복무 중이었던 최진혁씨가 심각한 무릎골연골손상으로 좌측 무릎에 줄기세포연골이식 수술을 받고, 장기간 치료와 재활이 필요해 더 이상 군 복무가 어렵다는 군의 판단아래 의병전역을 통보 받았습니다.

수술 후 최진혁씨는 부대로 복귀해 복무를 이어가길 희망했지만 지속적인 치료와 재활이 불가피한 상태이며 이로 인해 일상적인 군 복무가 어려워 부득이하게 의병전역을 하게 되었습니다.

누구보다 성실하게 복무를 마치고 싶어 했던 본인의 의지가 강했지만 예기치 못한 상황에 매우 상심이 크며, 소속사로서도 이와 같은 소식을 전하게 되어 매우 안타깝습니다.

앞으로 최진혁씨는 치료와 재활에 전념할 예정입니다.

감사합니다.

[Notice concerning Actor Choi Jin Hyuk’s hardship discharge]

Dear All.
This is Redbrickhouse, Actor Choi Jin Hyuk’s agency.

Actor Choi Jin Hyuk was discharged from the military service due to illness as of 16th, October.

While he had been going through the military service from 31st March, he had severely injured the cartilage in his knee. After he has got operations of stem cell transplant, he was informed that he needs long-term treatments to be fully recovered. Therefore, the military has decided that it would be difficult for him to be in the service any longer and notified him to be discharged.

After getting operations, Mr. Choi Jin Hyuk strongly wanted to return and continue the service. However, he is currently in need of continuous treatments and rehabilitation, which it will be difficult to continue the normal service.

Against his strong will to continue and finish the service sincerely, he was truly disappointed with this unexpected situation. We are also very sorry to report this news.

From now on, Actor Choi Jin Hyuk will be concentrating on the treatments and rehabilitation.

Thank you for your consideration.

@celes80

Yes dear  I read about it too. :(   I’m still busy trying to read more.   

• Like 2

hi girls.. oh my.. i just read the news as it is only now that i had access to the net bec of the terrible storm in our area.. my.. im so worried.. i have mixed emotions.. should i be happy that he is out of MS? will he be having a drama soon?.. oh i just hope and pray for a quick recovery for him..

• Like 2

I just read the news! Oh... this was so unexpected. I was actually just thinking about him yesterday. That it's already been 7 months since he went into the army. So this came in as a surprise. I wish him a full and speedy recovery. I hope he takes his time and not go back to the business soon. I've also heard about this kind of backlash. He should take care of his health first. 

• Like 3

I just read the news! Oh... this was so unexpected. I was actually just thinking about him yesterday. That it's already been 7 months since he went into the army. So this came in as a surprise. I wish him a full and speedy recovery. I hope he takes his time and not go back to the business soon. I've also heard about this kind of backlash. He should take care of his health first. 

Hi, I also just read the news.....& I'm surprised & worried about his condition. Because National Defense Ministry rules state that an injured soldier can take medical leave of up to one month only with possible extensions depending on the patient's condition. It's just that he needs long-term rehabilitation treatment. His case was similar to Wonbin's case that he was also discharged early from military due to knee injury. I heard CJH was discharged last October 16. Sigh.............he got this serious knee injury only while inside the camp. So, netizens shouldn't criticize or whatever bad things they have to say here - This is unavoidable - I feel sorry for him. Like you, I also hope for his speedy recovery. :P

• Like 3

I tried to read a few articles  from google((https://www.google.com/#q=stem+cell+treatment+for+cartilage+repair)).   But I got a better understanding from reading CJH HK Fan Group .  So I’m reposting it here.   **It seems  this kind of knee rehabilitation  might take a year.  But we have to keep in mind as the HK posting said it all depended on the individual.

((Thank you for the wonderful info))

Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 HK Fan Group 
(CJHHKFG)
*Posts are written in both Chinese & English
Facebook Fan Page:

We know you are extremely sad and disappointed that you can't be able to complete the military service as you want. However, undergoing treatment for your knee injury is the most important right now. We wish you a speedy recovery. We pray for you and are always behind you, waiting patiently for your comeback! Jin-hyuk Oppa, fighting!

ℹWe are all very worried about Hyukie's knee condition. Below please find some brief information regarding stem cell transplant for knee cartilage repair. (Please note that the recovery time depends on individual conditions.)

Generally, after the operation of stem cell transplant, patients need to be non-weightbearing for at least 6 weeks. In order not to put any weight on an operated knee, patients may use crutches to keep their foot off the ground for a period of months.

In about 6 months, patients can swim, golf, and do some mild exercises, but jumping, squatting, running, playing ball games (tennis, basketball, etc.) should be avoided.

After proper rehabilitation, patients should be able to resume normal activities in a year.

32HcoXz.jpg

PS  Before I heard about ‘ Torn Cartilage Knee Injury’  and I vaguely knew it was serious. But today I realized I had no idea what exactly it was so I found this link  which has a description of it with pictures.

http://www.physioroom.com/injuries/knee/cartilage_tear_full.php

PS  It seems this kind of stem cell treatment for knee is a recent one.   Couple of articles, if anyone interests…  

from google ((https://www.google.com/#q=stem+cell+treatment+for+cartilage+repair))

(1) (posted 1/16/2014) Current perspectives in stem cell research for knee cartilage repair http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3897321/

(2) (posted 10/1/2015)   Knee Pain and Injury

Stem Cell Therapy for Cartilage Repair

• Like 4

I tried to read a few articles  from google((https://www.google.com/#q=stem+cell+treatment+for+cartilage+repair)).   But I got a better understanding from reading CJH HK Fan Group .  So I’m reposting it here.   **It seems  this kind of knee rehabilitation  might take a year.  But we have to keep in mind as the HK posting said it all depended on the individual.

((Thank you for the wonderful info))

Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 HK Fan Group 
(CJHHKFG)
*Posts are written in both Chinese & English
Facebook Fan Page:

We know you are extremely sad and disappointed that you can't be able to complete the military service as you want. However, undergoing treatment for your knee injury is the most important right now. We wish you a speedy recovery. We pray for you and are always behind you, waiting patiently for your comeback! Jin-hyuk Oppa, fighting!

ℹWe are all very worried about Hyukie's knee condition. Below please find some brief information regarding stem cell transplant for knee cartilage repair. (Please note that the recovery time depends on individual conditions.)

Generally, after the operation of stem cell transplant, patients need to be non-weightbearing for at least 6 weeks. In order not to put any weight on an operated knee, patients may use crutches to keep their foot off the ground for a period of months.

In about 6 months, patients can swim, golf, and do some mild exercises, but jumping, squatting, running, playing ball games (tennis, basketball, etc.) should be avoided.

After proper rehabilitation, patients should be able to resume normal activities in a year.

PS  Before I heard about ‘ Torn Cartilage Knee Injury’  and I vaguely knew it was serious. But today I realized I had no idea what exactly it was so I found this link  which has a description of it with pictures.

http://www.physioroom.com/injuries/knee/cartilage_tear_full.php

PS  It seems this kind of stem cell treatment for knee is a recent one.   Couple of articles, if anyone interests…  

from google ((https://www.google.com/#q=stem+cell+treatment+for+cartilage+repair))

(1) (posted 1/16/2014) Current perspectives in stem cell research for knee cartilage repair http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3897321/

(2) (posted 10/1/2015)   Knee Pain and Injury

Stem Cell Therapy for Cartilage Repair

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this. This is just how unfortunate. All the best to you, CJH! IDK if he could accept any projects while having rehabilitation or really focus on his treatment. I hope he’ll do the latter or else the netizens will surely get on his case. But, this I guess really depends on what his doctor will say. Sigh.... he’s an actor with bags of potential! I believe it when his reps say he wanted to complete his service – Hopefully, everything should be properly documented – like what I said here - it happened on duty. It’s not like he was trying to get away from it. I just hope he’ll try to stay positive through his recovery. He doesn’t deserve any backlash. I hope people need to learn how to be supportive. I hope he’s able to recover properly. Hope he gets the best treatment available. Knee therapy is aggravating from what I understand. The critical stage about knee problem is after operation. :P

• Like 2

Guest chaybags55

Hello hyukie ladies! Just like you I am saddened with this news of Hyukie. let us join hands and pray for his Full recovery. I hope and pray that Jin Hyuk remain strong..

Best regards to everyone!!

Hello hyukie ladies! Just like you I am saddened with this news of Hyukie. let us join hands and pray for his Full recovery. I hope and pray that Jin Hyuk remain strong..

Best regards to everyone!!

Hi, I'll join with you & share your sadness.....I almost forgot that CJH’s knee problems pre-dated his enlistment but he did not think the problems would interfere with his service. That's why, I was shocked hearing this news. Best wishes to Choi Jin Hyuk. :)

• Like 2

Hi guys!

I found this out there, I'm kinda relieved to read these, though netizens don't necessarily represents the majority opinion, I still feel better they are being supportive.

Choi Jin Hyuk discharged from the army after 7 months due to knee injury

Thursday, October 22, 2015 Choi Jin Hyuk  .

d00.jpg

Request 

Ilgan Sports - Naver: Choi Jin Hyuk discharged from the army after 7 months.. "damaged knee cartilage"

1. [+19,217, -1,288] This must be an upsetting situation for him so please don't leave hate comments

2. [+14,145, -853] Things like this can happen but I feel like I can already hear the backlash

3. [+11,328, -764] Get well soon.!

4. [+10,079, -700] Recover soon and show us your good image once again~!

5. [+8,067, -627] Did he get injured while in the line of duty??

6. [+2,339, -211] It's not his toe that's injured but his knee cartilage. Even an injured toe is hard to bear. Try experiencing the pain before you guys can rant. Anyone who have knee injury would know how agonizing it is

7. [+1,317, -137] People who've had knee operation have to withstand the pain and lengthy recovery process.. Find strength~

8. [+1,506, -586] Movie and drama directors, please remember to not cast him in action projects

9. [+1,032, -179] Why criticize someone who gets an early discharge because he's in serious pain?? I bet it's men who are leaving these comments

10. [+856, -140] Must've been so hard. Please be supportive of him

Source: http://kkuljaem.blogspot.mx/2015/10/choi-jin-hyuk-discharged-from-army.html

• Like 4

Hyuki girls   Here is more detailed news about our guy.  It was sad to learn that Hyuki was on crutches for 3 months in the army.   I feel now that after people begin to know more about his actual condition,  some of them will have a different look at Hyuki.  It’s a good thing about the internet because everybody can check about things like ‘stem cell treatment for knee’ or ‘knee cartilage damage’ and so on.

@rachelyun   Thank you dear   So  nice to see encouraging comments!   I’m posting another article which explains more about his condition.  It still sounds serious but at least people could see his early discharge was unavoidable. 

((translation))  (published 10/22/2015)

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=18910563&cloc=

[ISSUE]  ‘hardship discharge’, According to CJH’s official ‘7-10 months treatment … The knee doesn’t bend’   

According to CJH’s official,  CJH, who was discharged due to illness 7 months  after joining the army, “should be getting treatment between 7-10 months”.

The last 10/21 CJH’s agency ,RBH, announced  through the official press release that  CJH had been injured during training and was discharged on 10/16. 

Later the official agent explained to the newspaper ('일간스포츠')  “CJH was informed that the treatment would take about 7-10 months. CJH was on crutches for 3 months in the army.  At present his movement  is  rather uncomfortable.”  

“He  is able to carry on with daily life  but his knee doesn’t bend.  Since it was very difficult for him to receive training in the army continuously,   the medical discharge became inevitable.”

The reason for his knee cartilage damage is that “he didn’t know his knee cartilage was in poor condition before enlistment.  The cartilage deteriorated during the military training. In the end CJH had to receive a stem cell transplant for the damaged cartilage,” as the official agent explained.

For the question about CJH’s medical discharge, “CJH is really upset. He tried hard to complete his military duty. But the decision was made for him that it was difficult for him to carry on regular military routine.  He feels quite distressed by this unexpected turn of circumstance.”  

CJH enlisted active duty in the army  30 division last 3/31 but he received the medical discharge under the judgment of the military because of his knee cartilage damage.

3HeI3lj.png

9hMGflr.gif

cr to DC

Edited by booha
  • Like 4

I translated the portion of the blog article.  When the article said it was CJH who had to endure the most painful and difficult period, I realized how difficult it must have been for him physically and psychologically.   Yes some of the negative comments were about whether he got special treatment.  Others said that someone had a toe injury but he didn’t get a medical discharge  and so on.   But many who knew about the kind of knee injury or had it were very understanding  and  talked about how painful it was when some of them didn’t recover fully from the injury.  So when I saw this article,  I was very glad to see at least some saw the real situation CJH was in and spoke out  about it.  

CJH, medical discharge   Why not support rather than make absurd speculation

(10/21/2015)

It would have been better if he had finished his active duty,  but  he got the medical discharge   due to an injury from an unforeseeable circumstance.   There has been much absurd speculation about how he got it so easily because he was a celebrity. 

At the moment the one going through the most painful and difficult period is the actor  CJH himself.   It isn’t right to blame somebody without knowing the full story.   This is the time to give cheer and wish for him a quick recovery.  

Male entertainers are often either enlisting at a very early age or riding on the last train.  Enlistment period is a personal decision but  it shouldn’t be looked at as something  to be blamed or chastised for.    However  there are some netiznes  making it the target of  their denouncement.

First the military is tough whether it is for ordinary citizens or celebrities.  Especially active duty is harder and more difficult.  Of course  there is some degree of  difference between the front or rear line  but  the fact remains that military service is hard. 

One can feel upset and frustrated after getting an injury  which is itself enough without  receiving  more absurd speculation and accusations.  As mentioned above, now it is the time to send encouragement and support, wishing for a quick recovery.    

http://tiworker.tistory.com/2126

FHGmPDb.jpg

dggdAn6.jpg

Pn75MOs.jpg

ho7EIRW.jpg

l3LXKyj.jpg

Edited by booha
  • Like 3

@willenette   I hope  you read the latest news article I posted.   It explained  how CJH got injured.   I read that before when we learned of his knee injury for the first time then I forgot about it. My brain isn’t quite apt at picking up this kind of stuff.  So when I read about his injury again this time, I was like… so did he get injury before enlistment or while in the army?? .. why didn’t he know it before ?? ..     haha    From reading about cartilage and other things yesterday, and today  this new article, I could see why it happened to CJH.    CJH didn’t know his cartilage was in poor condition because the cartilage itself has no nerve and CJH didn’t experience any pain prior to his enlistment.  such misfortune…     

You mentioned about Wonbin.  During CJH’s knee injury news appeared for the first time, I surfed around and I found something about the famous WB case.  Do you know some still mentioned about WB in  the CJH’s news commenting section ?   But those comments weren’t nearly as bad as the ones made years ago in the news about WB’s discharge.  I spent a long time reading about them.  It was scary.    So I got really interested about WB and I checked on the Korean internet because I was curious what happened to him.    Obviously  there were some who got curious too.  Years later one veteran  stationed near WB’s base  at the time decided to dig around because he felt somehow WB got mistreated by the public badly at the time. So he contacted people who were in WB’s base or nearby.  Then he posted on the internet what he  heard and learned.   It is a mixture of  misfortune/ bad luck/ bad judgment which started from this handsome poster boy who really had a good heart and intentions and a commanding army boss  who wanted to promote the  image of the military  through this popular celebrity. I felt quite moved by the story of WB. Unfortunately I’m not good at describing in details.  But the good news is that as you know  it looks like WB has a happy ending now.  He made a lot of money/got married/expecting a first child…    I just read about his much anticipated comeback movie project but at the end he decided not to do it.

• Like 3

I translated the portion of the blog article.  When the article said it was CJH who had to endure the most painful and difficult period, I realized how difficult it must have been for him physically and psychologically.   Yes some of the negative comments were about whether he got special treatment.  Others said that someone had a toe injury but he didn’t get a medical discharge  and so on.   But many who knew about the kind of knee injury or had it were very understanding  and  talked about how painful it was when some of them didn’t recover fully from the injury.  So when I saw this article,  I was very glad to see at least some saw the real situation CJH was in and spoke out  about it.  

CJH, medical discharge   Why not support rather than make absurd speculation

(10/21/2015)

It would have been better if he had finished his active duty,  but  he got the medical discharge   due to an injury from an unforeseeable circumstance.   There has been much absurd speculation about how he got it so easily because he was a celebrity. 

At the moment the one going through the most painful and difficult period is the actor  CJH himself.   It isn’t right to blame somebody without knowing the full story.   This is the time to give cheer and wish for him a quick recovery.  

Male entertainers are often either enlisting at a very early age or riding on the last train.  Enlistment period is a personal decision but  it shouldn’t be looked at as something  to be blamed or chastised for.    However  there are some netiznes  making it the target of  their denouncement.

First the military is tough whether it is for ordinary citizens or celebrities.  Especially active duty is harder and more difficult.  Of course  there is some degree of  difference between the front or rear line  but  the fact remains that military service is hard. 

One can feel upset and frustrated after getting an injury  which is itself enough without  receiving  more absurd speculation and accusations.  As mentioned above, now it is the time to send encouragement and support, wishing for a quick recovery.    

http://tiworker.tistory.com/2126

Hi booha, actually, men are conscripted between the ages 19 and 31. Dodging military service has been a problem, like anywhere else. (Korea, Taiwan, SIN, etc.-) You’ll be given a jail term for dodging conscription including deferment of enlistment more than once much more if you deliberately delayed your military enlistment on false grounds.... You’ll be given a six-month jail sentence, one year of probation and 120 hours of community service. In Korea, military service is a duty and not a right to choose whether to serve or not. Military service is a sacred duty that no man should be exempt from. Age limit for active duty is 31-years old.  Evasion is also a no-no. One of the best-known cases of evasion involved Korean-American pop singer Steve Yoo. In 2002, just as he was about to be called up, Yoo gave up his Korean nationality and became a naturalised US citizen.The South Korean government considered it an act of desertion and he was deported and banned from returning for life. Those who leave the country and stay away with the intention of avoiding military service are subject to a prison term up to three years. Spending two years in the barracks is taxing for anyone not looking to pursue a career in the military. ;)

• Like 4

Guest chaybags55

Hello everyone ! 

For those who have IG accounts Please follow IG  account of winnie  at @et_winnie ,  she is a korean based fan, a member of the real , she is collating  msgs and translate to,korean and she will bring these to rbh agency. Her timetable is from October 24 to 31 . let us show our love and support to our dear jin hyuk .He needs our love and prayers so badly..

Hugs !!

Hyuki girls  I  posted the newspaper article( dated 10/22) and hopefully everybody read it.   It has more info about Hyuki.   We know that  RBH gave an official press release to the general media(10/21) about Hyuki’s discharge.   But this newspaper article was published  the day after(10/22).   I don’t know why but  it seems RBH talked to only this newspaper about this additional info because  no one else published it yet. 

@chaybags55      Hello  chingu   Thank you   Nice to hear this Korean fan wants  to help translating the message from the  Hyuki overseas  fans.  

** Here is et_winnie IG  https://instagram.com/et_winnie/  

oG3yV17.jpg        rTBW7YE.gif

http://cafe.daum.net/theReal/

Edited by booha
  • Like 1

It was an exciting time for CJH and his fans then.

(translation)

‘AWL’ Kim Ga Yeon, the past with CJH in a dizzying backhug & kiss, revisit ‘romantic’  (10/25)

bWx0unV.jpg

The actress Kim Ga Yeon, who is in the drama AWL, is attracting  the public eye because of the past published kiss scene.

KGY and the actor CJH  had brought public attention when they showed off  portraying a realistic looking couple in the music  video ‘Sad Song’ by Tae One which  was published in the past on YT and various  music online sites.

Especially in the published video,   KGY and CJH created a realistic looking  couple  acting reminiscent of  happy lovers  who exchanged lovely glances and acted playfully to each other. 

‘AWL’ the JTBC drama will be broadcast every Sa & S 21:40

http://www.etnews.com/20151025000012

p25Pqq7.gif

[MV Subbed]태원 (TAE ONE) - 미치도록 (Sad Song) feat 최진혁 & 김가은

cr to @anannana

Edited by booha
  • Like 2

From Japanese fan  for Hyuki 

love-t @tj_kra Oct 23

ジニョクファイティン!! #최진혁_화이팅
uhg48As.jpg

love-t @tj_kra Oct 22

おっぱの笑顔が大好きです。 1日も早く笑顔になれる日を願います。(하루 빨리 웃는 얼굴이 되는 날을 바랍니다.) #ジニョク元気になってね #최진혁_화이팅 #ChoiJinHyuk_Go_for_it

6G3x0m6.jpg

s0zsojI.jpg

• Like 2