Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

@Huggybear    I’m so happy Hyuki has many IG twinkling fangirls now.  Now when you miss him you can go to these IG sites and give yourself an eye feast.    I’m truly impressed by all those fanart photos of him.   However  I totally agree with what you said.  Yes we can miss him but at the same time we should find other fun things too.   hehe   a lot of fun things dear chingu   Remember why we came to soompi:  To have fun/to escape for the moment/ to depressurize  etc …  

Now this is a good example ; having fun and missing him at the same time. (Currently the weather has been very hot and humid in SK so someone made these gifs   )  lalalaaa

ZrikTa.gif

Ny43x1.gif

1J8LNt8.gif

ankfGDx.gif

cr to DC

fxP56lj.gif

• Like 2

@celes80    Hello  chingu  I  would like to flag you down here because I saw the Japanese  article  about CJHnd Vampire in Love in the HK fan group site.  I wonder if you can tell  whether the article  has something new/ anything interesting OR…    I hoped DC would pick it up and translate into Korean but so far it hasn’t happened.      (from google)  This movie will be showing 6/18 at  Shanghai International Film Festival.

​@booha - for some strange reason, your earlier tag was not flagged out to me earlier and I only got the notification today... I would be happy to take a look at the article and let everyone know if there is anything interesting. Do you mind posting the link here or PM-ing it to me? :) P.S. Thanks for your wonderful posts as always

• Like 3

Hi  This HK fan site is very impressive.  It must be those members are very committed.  I really have to visit the site more frequently.  Here is the link for the article.  It seems the article has a few more of new Hyukssi pictures. I hope the movie isn’t a total flop.  I sincerely hope it has a few bits of interesting things about him.    Thanks!!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/1659783484253759/

• Like 2

Military Leave Is Cancelled For Kim Hyun Joong, Choi Jin Hyuk, Kim Jae Joong and Park Ji Bin

BY Julie Jones | Jun 12, 2015 10:26 AM EDT

hn1ZQ7n.jpg

Choi Jin Hyuk, Kim Jae Joong, Kim Hyun Joong and Park Ji Bin may not be able to take the leave that is due to them while serving their two-year mandatory military duty. The recent outbreak of MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) in Korea has resulted in the suspension of leave for all military personnel

These singers and k-drama actors will not be able to visit family and friends for a while.

The new rules also mean that the families and friends of enlisted soldiers will not be allowed to attend the ceremonies of those who have completed basic training.

Kim Hyun Joong and Park Ji Bin are currently in basic training.

The suspension of leave is not the only way that the MERS epidemic has affected the entertainment industry in Korea. Fan meetings, press conferences and concerts have been cancelled in an effort to halt the spread of the disease, which originated in Saudi Arabia.

The production companies behind two k-movies have already cancelled events.

Variety reported that Twentieth Century Fox Korea called off a special showcase for the film "My Intimate Enemies," was called off and a press conference for the film "Assassination," starring Jun Ji Hyun was cancelled, citing "recent events."

MERS has affected box office sales as filmgoers avoid crowded theaters because of the fear of infection.

K-pop acts that curtailed activities include EXO and BTS.

EXO cancelled an autograph session for the fashion brand SPAO on June 7 and indefinitely postponed a concert in Busan on June 10. Ticket refunds will be made to all fans.

The boy band BTS followed their example by cancelling their second anniversary fan meeting that was scheduled for June 13.

Artists Junggigo and Mad Clown, Kim Jang Hoon and Busker Busker's Jang Bum Jun also canceled upcoming concerts, citing safety reasons. 

However TVXQ will hold their concert at the Olympic Gymnastics Stadium as scheduled on June 13 and 14. SM Entertainment is taking special precautions to disinfect the concert venue. Fans are advised to wear masks and use hand sanitizer.

Hallyu tourism has also been affected by the MERS outbreak as 600 tours from Hong Kong were cancelled due to health concerns.

According to CNN, by June 11, the total number of confirmed MERS cases in Korea had risen to 126. CNN reported that 10 people in Korea who were infected with MERS have died. In an attempt to limit exposure, 2400 schools remain shut and two medical clinics recently closed.recently closed.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/86677/20150612/military-leave-is-cancelled-for-kim-hyun-joong-choi-jin-hyujk-kim-jae-joong-and-park-ji-bin.htm

Edited by booha
  • Like 3

Before  :wub:

hnhr8BI.gif 

Current   (( ** I’m posting this fanmade picture of ‘our imaginative private KTH’.)) 

Private Kim Tae Ho’s army life – imagining  L4Yh2L.gif   :wub:

필승! ((pilseung: victory))  (brave private Kim Tae Ho )

Thank you for waiting~~ ( Everyday I think about Hokkeok-gi-deul who are waiting for me.)

Faithful to the duty of national defense ( I’m enduring the hard training by thinking of Hokkeok-gi-deul. )  Hokkeok-gi-deul-a,  wait for me awhile longer please

쳇 ! (( chaett: (similar in meaning ) tut  ))   Why they have to imagine like that.

j6SwxKJ.jpgNNyvkm1.jpg

(supplement) patriot   브빤 (beuppan: bra/panty ) Month, June,  shoveling 김구닌 ((Kim gu-nin)) ((  군인 => 구닌: soldier ))  

? Why am I shoveling? (( This line is from the private joke/tease that happened among members. But I will skip on a long explanation.)) 

The way Kim gu-nin shovels  shows that he seems to have a lot practice.   Fighting!

Epilog: For the remaining 19 months, what should we do for play-game?  Kim Gu Nin Gallery

3Ss4hX6.jpgFSi9tiA.jpg

cr to DC

• Like 2

Obviously these pictures are about the introduction of the Wonni character in Heirs: His conflicting relationship with his stepbrother and  his unsettled position in the Jeguk corporation. CJH seemed to be able to grasp what the character was about but I don’t know whether CJH knew at the beginning his character would remain just a skeleton till the end.  However it’s true his character has potential and promising with all of its weight and darkness for the good melo drama  and  the ajumma audience.:o   

ICMjw6r.jpg

uOhDHhY.jpg

cr to DC

• Like 1

Hi This HK fan site is very impressive. It must be those members are very committed. I really have to visit the site more frequently. Here is the link for the article. It seems the article has a few more of new Hyukssi pictures. I hope the movie isn’t a total flop. I sincerely hope it has a few bits of interesting things about him. Thanks!!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/1659783484253759/

The formatting for the "quotes" drive me crazy!... Anyway, @booha and the rest of you, here is the translated article.

http://celesc.livejournal.com/15259.html

P.S. It was actually already translated from J to C, so I don't have the original article to take reference from. In other words, this is a translation of a translation. Pardon any inaccuracies! Part 2 is captions of pictures so I'm not sure if I will translate that. Maybe later if I have time. You take care Hyuk girls!

Edited by celes80
  • Like 1

OMG, the new Soompi is so glitchy! I can't edit the above post so I am reposting again here.

@booha and folks, go here to see the translation http://celesc.livejournal.com/15259.html.

Actually it was already translated from J to C, and I dont have access to the original article so this is a translation of a translation. Pardon any inaccuracies!

• Like 2

cr to DC

Ho booha, OMG - is this his recent picture, dear. Thanks for sharing this NICE gif.............Ahhh........my 1st time to see him wearing his military uniform. I missed CJH. IDK where he's heading here since he's wearing a face mask. He looks so neat & gorgeous with that short hair. I love his well-proportioned physique. He suits so well in that uniform. Also, I hope he is doing well inside the camp.  I hope we could get to see more of his pictures in the coming days. :P

• Like 1

Did you all know he was hospitalized??? OMG... :(

Hope he recovers soon....

http://www.soompi.com/2015/06/16/choi-jin-hyuk-suffers-injury-during-military-service/

Hi celes, I feel sad & bad hearing this news this morning.................He's confined in a military hospital & scheduled for knee surgery. I hope it's not that really major..........hoping.................. I hope we could get to hear more news about this..... :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1

Guest chaybags55

Dear hyukie ladies I read the knee surgery.. Praying for his fast recovery. Let us just look at the positive side.. get well soon jin hyuk ssi..we love you!

Hello   @celes80    @frankreich  Hyuki girls  I assume by now everybody heard about the news.   Someone pointed out  why sometimes no news is good news.  Oh well.:(:angry:   According to some Korean articles, he had the surgery last week and he is recovering from it (the surgery) now and they are watching his progress (and/or he receives treatment??).   I hope we will not have to wait too long before hearing about his condition/situation. I know he wishes to do his MS quietly.  It’s so unfortunate this happened to him.  Hopefully he doesn’t get too stressed out from worrying.  I hope he will recover soon. 

PS   It’s so nice to see hyuki fans in IG showing their concern.  I’m sure by now Hyuki has been pouring over all of  those sweet comments and feeling very grateful.   ( I feel bad that I don’t have an account.)   

@willenette   Hi I read he is in a hospital somewhere in Seoul and he already had a knee surgery last week.    But  it looks like we will have to wait more.    Some fans mentioned that this wasn’t a good time to be in any hospital because of the MRS scare.  So if he is in the military hospital he could be more safe…  but then probably it doesn’t make any difference which hospital he stays…    

@chaybags55  thank you chingu   I love to see your cheery outlook. I want to give a big hug to your Dora.  Hopefully he will recover soon and this nagging incident will go away too.  

PS  Okay I just read another article. According to this article, RBH said his injury wasn’t severe.  I don’t know whether this article was written later  or a different reporter wrote differently.  It’s very confusing. Am I trying to read too much from these articles.  

CJH,  hospital treatment of the injured knee “isn’t severe.”

(part of an article)    About the extent of CJH’s knee injury, RBH said “It wasn’t bad/severe. Even before his enlistment, his knee wasn’t good condition. It seems we have to wait and watch his recovering phase".

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=009&aid=0003507052

IfFSI9j.jpg

Edited by booha
  • Like 2

Did you all know he was hospitalized??? OMG... :(

Hope he recovers soon....

http://www.soompi.com/2015/06/16/choi-jin-hyuk-suffers-injury-during-military-service/

Choi Jin Hyuk Suffers Injury During Military Service

RcEtHIw.jpg

Actor Choi Jin Hyuk enlisted to complete his military service last March 31. After receiving initial training he became an active-duty soldier. Unfortunately, the actor suffered a knee injury during drills. He is currently hospitalized.

A representative from the actor’s agency Red Brick House stated, “Choi Jin Hyuk suffered a knee injury during training. He went to the hospital to get his knee treated. However, he was told that he needed surgery so he received surgery last week. He is currently receiving treatment at a hospital.”

The representative continued, “Even before entering the military, his knee was not in good condition. It is regrettable to share news of his injury when he had been participating in military life in a positive fashion. We hope he will recover and return to his military service soon.”

Choi Jin Hyuk is expected to be discharged from the army on December 30, 2016.

Source (1)(2)  

(1) http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0000707028

zii31G8.jpg

(2) http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110179166

3e38Bv1.jpg

Edited by booha
  • Like 1

@willenette   Hi I read he is in a hospital somewhere in Seoul and he already had a knee surgery last week.    But  it looks like we will have to wait more.    Some fans mentioned that this wasn’t a good time to be in any hospital because of the MRS scare.  So if he is in the military hospital he could be more safe…  but then probably it doesn’t make any difference which hospital he stays…    

PS  Okay I just read another article. According to this article, RBH said his injury wasn’t severe.  I don’t know whether this article was written later  or a different reporter wrote differently.  It’s very confusing. Am I trying to read too much from these articles.  

CJH,  hospital treatment of the injured knee “isn’t severe.”

(part of an article)    About the extent of CJH’s knee injury, RBH said “It wasn’t bad/severe. Even before his enlistment, his knee wasn’t good condition. It seems we have to wait and watch his recovering phase".

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=009&aid=0003507052

Hi booha, thanks for the info that he had his knee surgery already last week. I thought all along he's still preparing to have it. Usually, if the injury needs surgery they take you to the hospital in Seoul & won't allow you to stay in the military clinic. I guess the injury is a bit severe since it needed surgery, otherwise........... you know what I mean. Or I think it just became worst since as mentioned that even before he entered the camp his knee wasn't in good condition. Usually, they would know this during PE.  In physical examination, the check-up involves tests of psychological and physical health, while the administrative process assigns new entrants to different posts, based on their backgrounds and preferences. This is done before enlistment After a few hours, the men are divided into five different categories, in order of fitness: active duty, reserve duty, secondary reserves, eligible conscription status and secondary conscription status.  Enlisting military men who are dubbed Level 1 thru 3 will usually go through active enlistment, while Level 4 will serve as public personnel, but still go through the same basic military training. Reviews can be conducted up to 3 times. Receiving 5th rank -7th in physical examinations for military enlistment usually means the individual is not valid for active military duty due to physical illnesses or conditions  but are required to be on call for wartime labor service mobilization. Usually when receiving reviews, a set amount of time period is given for medical treatment. 6 months, or sometimes 4 months, is decided as the treatment period. The progress is checked and the decision is made…With the results from the last review, enlistment or exemption will be decided. Thanks for sharing more news about his condition..... I hope he's doing well, I wish for his speedy recovery. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2

Military Leave Is Cancelled For Kim Hyun Joong, Choi Jin Hyuk, Kim Jae Joong and Park Ji Bin

BY Julie Jones | Jun 12, 2015 10:26 AM EDT

Choi Jin Hyuk, Kim Jae Joong, Kim Hyun Joong and Park Ji Bin may not be able to take the leave that is due to them while serving their two-year mandatory military duty. The recent outbreak of MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) in Korea has resulted in the suspension of leave for all military personnel

These singers and k-drama actors will not be able to visit family and friends for a while.

The new rules also mean that the families and friends of enlisted soldiers will not be allowed to attend the ceremonies of those who have completed basic training.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/86677/20150612/military-leave-is-cancelled-for-kim-hyun-joong-choi-jin-hyujk-kim-jae-joong-and-park-ji-bin.htm

booha, thanks for sharing this. Sigh..........how safe is it to enter the country? MERS is no laughing matter. I read that Korea is now second in the world in the number of those who tested positive for MERS. The number of the infected is high. Now, is it safe to visit Korea? In the case of the United States, Center for Disease Control issued a Level 1 advisory regarding MERS outbreak in Korea, essentially advising that it is OK to travel as long as one takes usual precautions like washing hands regularly. So it seems that as long as you are in good health and you have good hygienic habits, you would be more or less fine in Korea. :P

• Like 1