Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

12 hours ago, booha said:

Rugal will premier 3-28(Sa) and is rescheduled for Sa/S (10:50 pm)

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this info.  Jung Hye In and Han Ji Wan are also joining this drama. Jung Hye In plays the role of Song Mi Na, a biologically augmented agent of Rugal. I saw Jung Hye In in Healer (drama starring Ji Chang Wook). While Han Ji Wan plays Choi Ye Won, the heiress who stands to inherit the leadership position of the terror organization Argos. :lol:

• Like 1

@willenette

Another making clips show CJH practicing a fighting scene with Jung Hye In.    It appears Jung Hye In has a upper hand over CJH in their fight.  hehe    I still feel uneasy seeing CJH in an action scene. Praying no injury to his knee.  
I’m glad Rugal is going to broadcast on weekends.  It might get more viewers.  

additional making clips

• Like 1

Watch: Choi Jin Hyuk Vows To Avenge His Wife’s Murder In Action-Packed Teaser For “Rugal”

Drama Preview   Mar 5, 2020  by E. Cha
2e50d2276006448da3f7177ee295c9fa.jpeg?s=

OCN’s upcoming drama “Rugal” has released an exciting new teaser!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, OCN’s “Rugal” is a sci-fi action thriller starring Choi Jin Hyuk as Kang Ki Bum, an elite detective who attempts to bring down a nationwide terrorist organization named Argos. In the process, he ends up being targeted by the powerful criminals behind Argos, and not only does he lose his beloved wife and both of his eyes, but he is also framed for murder. After joining an organization named Rugal, which has gathered a team of “human weapons” with special powers created through biotechnology, Kang Ki Bum receives a set of artificial eyes and sets out on a quest to wipe out Argos once and for all.

The newly released teaser begins with the tragedy that puts Kang Ki Bum on the path to joining Rugal. As the bloodied detective lies helplessly on the ground, staring at what appears to be his wife, a voice-over declares, “Revenge is merely for those who’ve been defeated.”

The clip then introduces the drama’s main villain, Hwang Deuk Goo (played by Park Sung Woong)—the evil leader of Argos who becomes Rugal’s primary target. Intercut with flashes of the process through which Kang Ki Bum receives his new eyes is the dramatic caption: “The moment he took everything from me… I was reborn.”

Kang Ki Bum asks in voice-over, “What is it he wants? What is that he’s doing all this for?” Hwang Deuk Goo chillingly responds, “Once I started murdering… should I describe it a pleasure that you can never undo?”

As the members of Rugal prepare for action, someone says in voice-over, “We have to make him pay for all the suffering he’s caused,” and Kang Ki Bum ends the preview by declaring, “From now on, I’m going to catch him in my own way.”

"Rugal” will premiere on March 28 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1386575wpp/watch-choi-jin-hyuk-vows-to-avenge-his-wifes-murder-in-action-packed-teaser-for-rugal

Choi Jin-hyuk VS Park Sung-woong,  with your choice  'Rugal' previewing!

<Tunnel> Park Kwang-ho VS <Rugal> Kang Ki-bum!
Choi Jin Hyuk's Life Character   Blitz Comparison

JYJ’s Kim Jaejoong Shows Support For Choi Jin Hyuk’s Upcoming Drama

Celeb  Mar 6, 2020  by E. Cha
dgkAoOT.jpg

JYJ’s Kim Jaejoong showed love for his friend Choi Jin Hyuk and his upcoming drama “Rugal”!

Choi Jin Hyuk will be starring in the new OCN drama “Rugal”—an adaptation of the webtoon of the same name—as Kang Ki Bum, a detective who embarks on a dangerous quest to bring down a powerful terrorist organization named Argos. After suffering a devastating tragedy, Kang Ki Bum ends up receiving a set of artificial eyes and joining an organization named Rugal, which has gathered a team of “human weapons” with special powers created through biotechnology.

On March 4, Kim Jaejoong took to Instagram to show his support for Choi Jin Hyuk. Posting two photos of a coffee truck that he had sent to the set of “Rugal” as a gift, the star wrote, “[The cast and crew] of the OCN drama ‘Rugal’ is working hard and toiling away during these difficult times. Friend, stay strong!”

Kim Jaejoong then added the hashtags “Rugal” and “Choi Jin Hyuk.”

The photos show a coffee truck adorned with photos of Choi Jin Hyuk and a banner that reads, “I’m cheering on Choi Jin Hyuk—an awesome friend and an awesome actor. Kim Jaejoong.” A second banner placed next to the truck reads, “To actor Choi Jin Hyuk and the cast and crew of the drama ‘Rugal,’ please gain strength during filming by drinking a warm cup of coffee! From Kim Jaejoong.”

MhVXsKl.jpg

Spoiler

xGk9rAn.jpg

“Rugal” will premiere on March 28 at 10:50 p.m. KST. In the meantime, check out the latest teaser for the drama here!

On 3/8/2020 at 10:12 AM, booha said:

JYJ’s Kim Jaejoong Shows Support For Choi Jin Hyuk’s Upcoming Drama

Celeb  Mar 6, 2020  by E. Cha

JYJ’s Kim Jaejoong showed love for his friend Choi Jin Hyuk and his upcoming drama “Rugal”!

Choi Jin Hyuk will be starring in the new OCN drama “Rugal”—an adaptation of the webtoon of the same name—as Kang Ki Bum, a detective who embarks on a dangerous quest to bring down a powerful terrorist organization named Argos. After suffering a devastating tragedy, Kang Ki Bum ends up receiving a set of artificial eyes and joining an organization named Rugal, which has gathered a team of “human weapons” with special powers created through biotechnology.

On March 4, Kim Jaejoong took to Instagram to show his support for Choi Jin Hyuk. Posting two photos of a coffee truck that he had sent to the set of “Rugal” as a gift, the star wrote, “[The cast and crew] of the OCN drama ‘Rugal’ is working hard and toiling away during these difficult times. Friend, stay strong!”

Kim Jaejoong then added the hashtags “Rugal” and “Choi Jin Hyuk.”

The photos show a coffee truck adorned with photos of Choi Jin Hyuk and a banner that reads, “I’m cheering on Choi Jin Hyuk—an awesome friend and an awesome actor. Kim Jaejoong.” A second banner placed next to the truck reads, “To actor Choi Jin Hyuk and the cast and crew of the drama ‘Rugal,’ please gain strength during filming by drinking a warm cup of coffee! From Kim Jaejoong.”

Reveal hidden contents

xGk9rAn.jpg

“Rugal” will premiere on March 28 at 10:50 p.m. KST. In the meantime, check out the latest teaser for the drama here!

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this. As far as I remember some years ago when Choi Jin Hyuk sent a message of encouragement to  Kim Jae Joong during their MS. He appeared in the radio show FM4U’s 2’O Clock when he did that. Choi Jin Hyuk said, “I’m personally not acquainted with him. From what I know, we’ll be entering the army at different locations." Both were born 1986. So, I guess they became close when they were at the Army. They enlisted in the army on the same day, I know.  :lol:

• Like 2

*** “Rugal” has revealed new stills of Choi Jin Hyuk and Park Sung Woong who represent good and evil. There's tension between the two of them. This is the center to the story of ‘Rugal.’ In the new stills, we see Kang Ki Bum’s first encounter with Hwang Deuk Gu, the leader of Argos (played by Park Sung Woong). In the 2nd picture, CJH was dressed in his formal police uniform, soaked in rain with anger on his face. I look forward to the interaction between Choi Jin Hyuk and Park Sung Woong, who have brought their characters to life with their incredible acting. Can't wait for “Rugal” to premiere on March 28 at 10:50 p.m. KST. I hope the drama is bound to be a runaway hit.

:lol:

d091bc9031a74692a2785b0056fe6c6c.jpeg?s=

choi-jin-hyuk-rugal.jpg

park-sung-woong-choi-jin-hyuk-rugal-1.jp

park-sung-woong-choi-jin-hyuk-rugal-2.jp

Pictures credit : soompi

• Like 1

*** In just a little over two weeks until the premiere of “Rugal”, they have released a new teaser. The video begins with Choi Jin Hyuk having flashbacks of the brutal murder of his wife as the doctors do install his artificial eyes.  It looks he struggles to adjust to his new artificial eyes. This teaser has a lot of action scenes. We can see at the end of the clip hat Choi Jin Hyuk and Park Sung Woong face off for the first time. Can't wait! 

:lol:

Video credit : soompi

• Like 1

Watch: Choi Jin Hyuk, Jung Hye In, And Park Sun Ho Are Haunted By Ghosts Of Their Past In “Rugal”

Drama Preview  Mar 11, 2020  by C. Hong

RHUE6KD.jpg

With a little over two weeks until its premiere, OCN’s upcoming drama “Rugal” has released a new teaser.

“Rugal” is based on a webtoon of the same name and tells the story of an elite detective (Choi Jin Hyuk) who attempts to bring down a nationwide criminal organization named Argos. When he is targeted by the powerful criminals behind Argos, he loses his wife, his eyes, and is framed for murder. An organization named Rugal, which is building a team of “human weapons” with special powers created through biotechnology, offers him a chance to rebuild his life through a set of artificial eyes and the chance to wipe out Argos once and for all.

The new teaser begins with Choi Jin Hyuk experiencing flashbacks of the brutal murder of his wife as the doctors in Rugal install his artificial eyes. The teaser explains that “Rugal” is a combination of the Chinese characters for “tears” and “dry” and states, “When your tears run dry, you become a monster.”

Juxtaposed with scenes of Park Sung Woong (who plays one of the top villains behind Argos), Choi Jin Hyuk, Jung Hye In, and Park Sun Ho struggle to adjust to their new biotechnology. Even though their new weapons make them stronger in a fight, they continue to be haunted by memories from their past.

The teaser also promises high-stakes action scenes, including car crashes, explosions, and choreographed fight scenes. At the end of the clip, the members of Rugal are shocked and horrified to come across the evidence of Argos’ crimes in a warehouse, and Choi Jin Hyuk and Park Sung Woong face off for the first time.

Check out the teaser below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1387769wpp/watch-choi-jin-hyuk-jung-hye-in-park-sun-ho-haunted-ghosts-past-rugal-teaser

8 hours ago, booha said:

Watch: Choi Jin Hyuk, Jung Hye In, And Park Sun Ho Are Haunted By Ghosts Of Their Past In “Rugal”

Drama Preview  Mar 11, 2020  by C. Hong

With a little over two weeks until its premiere, OCN’s upcoming drama “Rugal” has released a new teaser.

“Rugal” is based on a webtoon of the same name and tells the story of an elite detective (Choi Jin Hyuk) who attempts to bring down a nationwide criminal organization named Argos. When he is targeted by the powerful criminals behind Argos, he loses his wife, his eyes, and is framed for murder. An organization named Rugal, which is building a team of “human weapons” with special powers created through biotechnology, offers him a chance to rebuild his life through a set of artificial eyes and the chance to wipe out Argos once and for all.

The new teaser begins with Choi Jin Hyuk experiencing flashbacks of the brutal murder of his wife as the doctors in Rugal install his artificial eyes. The teaser explains that “Rugal” is a combination of the Chinese characters for “tears” and “dry” and states, “When your tears run dry, you become a monster.”

Juxtaposed with scenes of Park Sung Woong (who plays one of the top villains behind Argos), Choi Jin Hyuk, Jung Hye In, and Park Sun Ho struggle to adjust to their new biotechnology. Even though their new weapons make them stronger in a fight, they continue to be haunted by memories from their past.

The teaser also promises high-stakes action scenes, including car crashes, explosions, and choreographed fight scenes. At the end of the clip, the members of Rugal are shocked and horrified to come across the evidence of Argos’ crimes in a warehouse, and Choi Jin Hyuk and Park Sung Woong face off for the first time.

Check out the teaser below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1387769wpp/watch-choi-jin-hyuk-jung-hye-in-park-sun-ho-haunted-ghosts-past-rugal-teaser

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this.  I noticed that OCN has its own very particular style of dramas. They are the expert of thriller, action, and mystery dramas. They also have a bit of U.S. series vibes. OCN dramas are often dealing with the theme of crimes, cults, & drugs. I started liking the channel after watching “Save Me”, “Strangers from Hell”, & “Tunnel”. Now, here's another drama from them,  "Rugal" if you like OCN style. :lol:

rugal-ocn-drama-poster.jpg

• Like 1

**Rugal character diagram
 ((Rugal team))

(row1)
Choi Geun-cheol (Kim Min-sang): Senior police officer: Head of Rugal
Han Taewoong (Jo Dong-hyuk): Rugal's group leader, with artificial arms.

(row 2)

Song Mina (Jung Hye-in): Former detective: An artificial chip is

implanted behind the neck and joined Rugal.
Kang Ki-bum (Choi Jin-hyuk): A promising ex-homicide detective: Has

artificial eyes.
Lee Gwang-cheol (Park Sun-ho): Dropped out of the police force: Artificial

skin and organs transplanted and joined Rugal.

(row3)

Bradley (Jang In-sub): Researcher dedicated to the mechanics of Rugal.
Susan (Jang Seo-kyung): Rugal's biomechanical researcher.

((Argos team))

(row1)
Choi Ye-won (Han Ji-wan): Argos President Ko Yong-deok’s lover: The legal

successor after the death of President Ko Yong-deok.
Ko Yong-deok (Park Jung-hak): Argos President: Argos' predecessor,

the Fire Ants boss.

(row2)

Min Dal-ho (Yoo Sang-hoon): Argos' acting captain and Hwang Deuk-koo's

right arm.
Hwang Deuk-koo (Park Sung-woong): Argos' real boss and absolute evil.

(row3)
Choi Yong (Kim In-woo): Argos Construction CEO: The middle boss rank #4.
Jang Mi-joo/madam Jang (Yoo Ji-yeon): Representative of the US production:

The middle boss, rank #5.
Bong Man-cheol (Ji Dae-han): Mopin Savings Bank CEO: The middle boss, rank #5.
Seol Min-joon (Kim Da-hyun): Argos Entertainment CEO: Jazz bar operation:

The middle boss rank #6.

Spoiler

J7hKVtO.jpg?1

https://nabom-house.tistory.com/442

Webtoon-Based Dramas "Meow, The Secret Boy" and "Rugal", What's the Next "Itaewon Class"?

photo1163739.jpg

Webtoon dramas are in bloom this year. Expectations are high on "Rugal" and "Meow, the Secret Boy" coming this March, on whether they'll bring the originals' imagination to life.

photo1163738.jpg

The upcoming OCN drama "Rugal" is a drama based on a webtoon of the same name published in Toomix. "Rugal" is a human action hero drama about a former elite police officer who ends up losing not only his beloved wife, but also his eyes, and is accused of being a murderer. The drama follows his fight against criminal organizations after he obtains artificial eyes with special abilities crafted by the biotechnology organization "Rugal".

Choi Jin-hyuk tackles the role of Kang Ki-beom, the character who discovers his abilities thanks to Rugal after losing his wife and eyes to Argos. His co-stars are Park Sung-woong and Jo Dong-hyuk. Since it's a science fiction webtoon, expectations are high for the reality of 'heroes' that will be shown in the drama. The heroes who do their parts out of sight from people and the action that is full of excitement are the key points to watch.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source : www.asiatoday.co.kr/v...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 1