Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

@hibiscus23

Rugal now has the villain-king (PSW)  haha    It means all main casts are assembled with  hero/heroine/their good boss/ king of villain.  Sadly it doesn’t look like there will be much if any love line since a male lead is supposed to have his beloved wife get killed at the beginning. :cry:    I guess he will be too grief stricken to think about dating right??  A female lead has some kind of feelings for a male lead.  I guess we might have to contend with her longing long gaze.  :lol:

Park Sung-woong confirms appearance of OCN 'Rugal' ... cruel + relentless Villain King

NazrFyM.jpg

https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=410&aid=0000634085

rugal villain king :ph34r:

4ZaqRyo.gif

:blush::blush:

5u54WLa.gif

cr to DC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, booha said:

@hibiscus23

Rugal now has the villain-king (PSW)  haha    It means all main casts are assembled with  hero/heroine/their good boss/ king of villain.  Sadly it doesn’t look like there will be much if any love line since a male lead is supposed to have his beloved wife get killed at the beginning. :cry:    I guess he will be too grief stricken to think about dating right??  A female lead has some kind of feelings for a male lead.  I guess we might have to contend with her longing long gaze.  :lol:

Park Sung-woong confirms appearance of OCN 'Rugal' ... cruel + relentless Villain King

https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=410&aid=0000634085

rugal villain king :ph34r:

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this. Park Sung-woong will be in a  baddie character again.  This man surely likes to play a villain. :P

• Like 2

Rugal script reading

Spoiler

new cast

Han Ji-wan, starring as a main actor ... working with Choi Jin-hyuk , Jo Dong-hyuk, Park Sung-woong
Han Ji-wan plays Choi Ye-won, a woman of Argos chairman Hik-deok Lee.  Choi Ji-won is a character with feminine charm that contrasts with its innocent appearance and will show the tough and charismatic woman of the criminal boss.

http://www.theceluv.com/article.php?aid=1571384665284893006

Spoiler

• Like 1

Preview (CJH clip) SBS 'My Little Old Boy’

broadcast 2019.10.27 Sunday Evening 9:05

** This IG says Rugal premieres March 4, 20 and filming will start soon.  And it also mentions about using special effects.  Now I’m getting really curious.  :lol:

Info from this IG:
The Rugal team had a script reading and dinner afterward.
It says Rugal will premiere March 4, 2020. & filming starts soon.
“ Korean version of the Avengers !!!” “the special effects”

Spoiler

• Like 1

OCN Thriller House Talk (10/25 to 10/27)

new cast

Kim Min-sang will play Choi Geun-chul, the director of special police organization Rugal.    He is an intellectual genius with excellent tactical ability. He is the one who brought Kang Ki-bum(Choi Jin-hyuk) to Rugal

Spoiler

CJH participates another a variety show. :blush:
Let's Eat Dinner Together (한끼줍쇼):
This is a documentary-like program that traces the journey of two men who have been called as "National MCs" (due to their appearances on many South Korean entertainment programs) in finding dinner
…..  two hungry men plan on finding people who can have dinner with them. They press your doorbell, they are just curious about your dinner, let them listen to your story and let them become your family's members. Will you open the door for them?

On 10/23/2019 at 7:35 AM, booha said:

OCN Thriller House Talk (10/25 to 10/27)

new cast

Kim Min-sang will play Choi Geun-chul, the director of special police organization Rugal.    He is an intellectual genius with excellent tactical ability. He is the one who brought Kang Ki-bum(Choi Jin-hyuk) to Rugal

Reveal hidden contents

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this.  Park Sun Ho of “Produce X 101” will also be appearing alongside him in his upcoming OCN drama! As far as I know he started his career as an actor prior appearing in this variety show. He will play the role of Lee Kwang Chul, a young police officer who is attacked by Argos but rescued. I'm excited for CJH's upcoming drama. The drama seems intriguing. :P

• Like 1

Here are a few interesting tidbits from Rugal ‘special OCN thriller house which Choi Jin-hyuk attended(10/26).  
A fan said CJH mentioned a lot of special effects in Rugal.
And in the article CJH talked about “(Rugal as)  an unusual genre for OCN” & “the ‘Rugal’ signature costume (for his character).
Someone posted an IG which shows webtoon Kang Ki-Bum in the suit.  Yes I’m ready for CJH in KKB’s suit. :wub:

((CJH portion))

vnJUsr9.jpg

# Choi Jin-hyuk,  "90% synchro-rate with the original hero!"  “talking about the action hero ‘Rugal’”

The session for ‘Rugal ’, which is scheduled to broadcast in March 2020, began with CJH, who returned to OCN three years after Tunnel. CJH plays ‘Kang Ki-bum’ in ‘Rugal’.

‘Kang Ki-bum’ is a character who is reborn as a person with awe-inspiring physical ability after losing his wife and both eyes and receiving artificial eyes with special abilities.

CJH said, “Think of it as an action hero type,” and “The original webtoon was so fun and fresh.”

“I thought it was an unusual genre for OCN and I wanted to challenge it,” revealing his determination for the drama.
In addition, he said, “I'm doing a lot of analysis while watching the original story,” “I'm consulting with the staff, and I'm also preparing for the ‘Rugal’ signature costume.”

From the question, “What do you think about the sync-rate between you and Kang Ki-bum?” he answered smiling “About 90% similar between two. After seeing the original story I felt confident.”   

CJH said, “The first broadcast is set for March next year. We are preparing the cool and exciting action  that both male and female viewers will love.  Please  look forward it,”  and concluded the session with aspirations for ‘Rugal.’

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201910271432351910

• Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 10:55 AM, booha said:

** SBS ‘My Little Old Boy’ with CJH will broadcast  10/27(S)

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111249032

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this. He appeared on the October 27 episode of the show as a special MC. One of the celebrity mothers there commented that “He’s really good at kissing because I've seen it." - hahaha - She's referring to kiss scenes on SBS’s “My Ugly Duckling”! His reaction was kind of embarrassed. Shin Dong Yup teased him by asking, “Where do you practice? And Seo Jang Hoon added, “Is there an academy for it?” He's tagged as ‘kiss master’ because the dramas he's been in have had a kiss scene practically every episode especially in that show.   One mother also asked him if he kisses for real  "even though it’s acting, won’t you develop feelings?” He replied, that sometimes he can't avoid it, "there are times that I develop feelings, and times that I don’t.”  - hahaha -  I'm surprised that he admitted this. And these Moms were so funny.  "Devilish Joy" has the best and lovely kissing scenes. :P

• LOL 1

CJH makes a special appearance in 'Four Men'.  According to G-Tree agency, “CJH finished shooting recently. It's a one-time special appearance, not a joint.”  
Surprised ‘Four Men’ is going to be finished after all that hullaballoo   

@hibiscus23  Surprise!! ‘Four Men’ is finished with reduced 8 eps.  I guess they feel they can recoup some investment. After all Park Hae Jin is the lead. There should be some people who  want to watch the drama for him??
What a mess it went through. But you will get to see Park Hae Jin in it after all.     I never thought of seeing CJH in PHJ’s drama but I like this kind of unexpected surprise.  :innocent:

According to the CJH side “A special appearance in the last episode of ‘Four Men’ … shooting finished”

aGuJQpk.jpg
CJH makes a special appearance in 'Four Men.

CJH’s agency GTree said, “CJH makes a special appearance in 'FM'. He finished shooting recently. It’s a one-time special appearance, not a joint.”

‘FM’ is a  mystery human drama where a man, who is trying to dig into his mother’s mystery , meets different persons with his face and is engulfed in a bigger conspiracy.

Meanwhile, ‘FM’ started shooting for the first time in January last year. Originally, PD Jang Tae-yu, ‘My Love from the Star’, was selected as a director  and Park Hae Jin and Nana as the leads.    But later PD Jang dropped out due to unpaid staff wages, and then Nana followed. Lee Si A joined as the new female lead.

After changing the director,  shooting began, but when PHJ’s contract was terminated on October 31 last year, the production was stopped again. Through additional shooting 'FM' was finished with reduced to 8 episodes.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2019/10/890605/

• Like 2

special OCN thriller house (10/26)

arriving

leaving

** I forgot this funny scene from EC.  The second is enhanced from the first gif.  It’s hard to imagine big and tall CJH did it but looking at it closely he obviously enjoyed doing it.   Yeah it’s always delightful to reenact being a kid, free and inhibited. :confounded::lol:

E5eL7I0.gif

Spoiler

kwndrvh.gif

cr to DC

• Like 1

On 11/9/2019 at 12:45 PM, booha said:

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this.  He shared hopes about his dating life on “Let’s Eat Dinner Together” on the November 6 broadcast.  Kang Ho Dong asked him what he thinks about dating. Choi Jin Hyuk answered that he's open but he doesn't have many opportunities to do so.  He's also careful since he's a celebrity. :P

• Like 2

23 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this.  He shared hopes about his dating life on “Let’s Eat Dinner Together” on the November 6 broadcast.  Kang Ho Dong asked him what he thinks about dating. Choi Jin Hyuk answered that he's open but he doesn't have many opportunities to do so.  He's also careful since he's a celebrity. :P

Well in the show CJH seemed like coat tailing behind Kang Ho Dong.  It isn’t easy for CJH to knock on a strangers’ place and sit and share a meal with people he just met.  CJH doesn’t do much socializing outside of his small circle of friends and acquaintances.  But KHD is a real pro MC and  CJH was happy to follow him to make the show entertaining.  
Yes with his age he should be ready for dating.  :mrgreen:

• Like 1

It seems Rugal film location is Busan.  CJH posted this IG.  The restaurant is in Busan.  

Rugal filming

aSwSfok.jpg

cr to DC

IG by CJH’s friend  They look a lot alike.  CJH is behind. I don’t know why the friend covered CJH’s face with sunglasses. 

Spoiler

CWOvOhc.jpg

cr to DC

• Like 1