Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

What To Look Out For In The Premiere Of “Justice”

KBS2’s newest Wednesday-Thursday drama “Justice” only has a week left before its premiere!

“Justice” is a social thriller drama based off of a popular webtoon of the same name. The drama is about making deals with the devil to reveal the hidden secrets of the VVIPs of Korea. It stars Choi Jin Hyuk as Lee Tae Kyung, who becomes a lawyer to seek revenge, and Son Hyun Joo as Song Woo Yong, who becomes evil itself for his family. Ahead of the premiere of “Justice” on July 17, here are three important points to look forward to!

1. Why and how Choi Jin Hyuk begins to make deals with the devil, Son Hyun Joo

Choi Jin Hyuk plays Lee Tae Kyung, whose younger brother died in a car accident while delivering packages. However, the Korean legal system gave the guilty a light punishment, and with no power or money, all Lee Tae Kyung could do was shout, “Save my brother. How is this the law?” With frustration and anger that the law was not on his side, Lee Tae Kyung meets Song Woo Yong (Son Hyun Joo), the president of a construction company, and makes a deal with the devil.

Lee Tae Kyung becomes Song Woo Yong’s lawyer and takes care of his richest clients. While Lee Tae Kyung’s desire to become a lawyer for his brother is evident, on the other hand, Song Woo Yong’s reasoning for helping Lee Tae Kyung has not yet been revealed.

2. The hidden truth that Choi Jin Hyuk didn’t even know

Song Woo Yong tells Lee Tae Kyung, “Do you regret it? Enjoy the gains of this deal as much as you can,” and as expected, Lee Tae Kyung lives a great life as a result. The two become a powerful duo, with many of Song Woo Yong’s clients telling him, “You must feel assured. How did you discover such a gem?”

However, a mysterious man appears and teases Lee Tae Kyung, saying, “Are you curious? To know how your younger brother died?” Before getting preoccupied with attaining money and power, Lee Tae Kyung’s main goal as a lawyer was to seek revenge for his brother. Will Lee Tae Kyung really be able to discover the truth behind his brother’s unfortunate death?

3. Nana’s persistent investigations and their influence

Nana plays Seo Yeon Ah, a prosecutor at the Seoul Central District Prosecutors’ Office who stops at nothing once she’s begun an investigation. She is the one who shared, “A delivery man who was at the scene of murder died the next day in a car accident,” adding a crucial piece of evidence to the case of Lee Tae Kyung’s brother. As Lee Tae Kyung is her ex, viewers can look forward to seeing how the pair act in the professional world, and what kind of secrets she will be able to dig up.

In the teaser, Seo Yeon Ah is seen observing the two men as Song Woo Yong comments, “Does it make a difference? Does it change the decision we made then?” and Lee Tae Kyung exclaims, “Who killed my younger brother?” Her careful observations and investigative abilities present a seemingly pivotal influence on the relationship between Lee Tae Kyung and Song Woo Yong.

Following the conclusion of “Angel’s Last Mission: Love,” “Justice” will premiere on July 17 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

Watch the full preview of episode one below!

Check out the drama teaser too!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

On 7/9/2019 at 6:36 PM, willenette said:

Hi hibiscus, finally.....................you were able to finish watching the drama. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about it. :P

@willenette hahaha yes finally weeewwwh :P finished his drama & i miss him already, can't wait for Justice hehehe! You're welcome & i hope u & @booha share your thoughts too, i'm sure u already have but just lazy to browse back a few pages in case you got it already, but if you did, no worries, will just wait for his new drama! meantime i'm watching some old Kdramas which i sadly say didn't get a chance to watch previously!

TTYL to you all! Have a gr8 w/end and sorry if i'm late in replying to your msgs here! :)

• Like 1

Upcoming Thriller “Justice” Boasts Incredible Chemistry Between Choi Jin Hyuk And Son Hyun Joo

1b8a5b9fee524b02a4a5f5b54827eee2.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “Justice,” starring Choi Jin Hyuk, Son Hyun Joo, and Nana, has unveiled new stills!

The drama is a “social thriller” about a corrupt lawyer named Lee Tae Kyung (played by Choi Jin Hyuk) who makes a deal with the devil in order to exact revenge, and a man named Song Woo Yong (played by Son Hyun Joo) who becomes evil for the sake of his family. The two clash in the center of a case where several actresses have gone missing and will uncover the hidden faces of the country’s elite.

choi-jin-hyuk-son-hyun-joo1-540x319.jpg

A source from the drama said, “We are working hard on the first episode, which is coming up soon. Choi Jin Hyuk and Son Hyun Joo absolutely fill the drama with their incredible presence, and though their individual acting ability is outstanding, they are even better together.”

son-hyun-joo-choi-jin-hyuk-justice-540x3

“Justice” premieres July 17 as the follow-up to “Angel’s Last Mission: Love,” which aired its finale this week. “Justice” will be available on Viki with English subtitles.

Watch the trailer for “Justice” here:

Watch Now

Source (1) soompi news

• Like 2

weibo

On 7/9/2019 at 1:03 AM, willenette said:

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this HOT & sexy picture. Wae? - You don't like to try watching Arthdal Chronicles? - :P

*** Thanks for sharing this new poster - this time with Nana in the picture. She plays a prosecutor who comes from a family of prosecutors. :P

Arthdal Chronicles is on netflix to which I don’t subscribe. Besides I’m not quite drawn into the plot line.
Besides Justice I am also waiting for Rain’s new drama Welcome2Life.  Two lawyer dramas   It’s good know they are scheduled for different days so  they will not compete for ratings.  I really have to stop by  W2L.  I enjoyed his last drama Sketch.  :)

@hibiscus23

I’m glad to read you weren’t quite disappointed about DJ’s ending. haha  Actually when the writer let MS disappear toward the end, though I felt very sad, I thought it was a reasonable conclusion given  MS’s serious health issues.  Then the writer brought back MS with such copout explanation so I wasn’t quite thrilled about it at first.   But the writer knew that DJ wasn’t a heavy dark drama and we wanted to see a happy ending for OTP so the writer granted our wish.  haha    Still I thought it was fun to see that the writer didn’t make MS recover completely and he still had amnesia.  So the wedding which we saw was the fourth one.  haha   Also I was  glad PD added on that delightful epilogue which  I read wasn’t scripted but impromptu by PD.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, booha said:

Arthdal Chronicles is on netflix to which I don’t subscribe. Besides I’m not quite drawn into the plot line.
Besides Justice I am also waiting for Rain’s new drama Welcome2Life.  Two lawyer dramas   It’s good know they are scheduled for different days so  they will not compete for ratings.  I really have to stop by  W2L.  I enjoyed his last drama Sketch.  :)

Hi booha, thanks for the NICE & kind words......................... :P:heart:

• Like 1

@booha yes i wasn't disappointed about the ending :) maybe they're aiming for a sequel? let's hope in the sequel he'll recover completely LOL! Yes that was delightful epilogue I agree!

Mind you speaking of dramas about lawyer stories, I kinda thought of re-watching my dvd of Love Story in Harvard - not sure if you guys hv seen this one, however i enjoyed it the 2nd time around since I only watched it once since I bought the dvd. It's very interesting how their cases unfolded and there's a lot to learn really! In other words, i'm a huge fan of stories which revolves around cases & such and am sure we'll enjoy his new drama Justice!

p.s. I also don't subscribe to Netflix

@willenette @booha woah the drama starts July 17? it's just around the corner then i know we can't wait! guys thanks for sharing his instag photos, articles etc.

Have a gr8 w/end you all here! :D

• Like 1

Captivating Points To Look Out For In “Justice” Chosen By Choi Jin Hyuk, Son Hyun Joo, And Nana

TV/Film   Jul 12, 2019   by S. Nam
z6RN128.jpg

The actors and production team of KBS 2TV’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “Justice” have shared points to look out for in the new drama!

“Justice” is a social thriller about a corrupt lawyer named Lee Tae Kyung (played by Choi Jin Hyuk), who makes a deal with the devil in order to exact revenge, and a man named Song Woo Yong (played by Son Hyun Joo) who becomes evil for the sake of his family. The two clash as they uncover the hidden faces of the country’s elite while at the center of a case in which several actresses have gone missing.

Check out the points they chose below!

1. Strong original story & script

Choi Jin Hyuk, Son Hyun Joo, and Nana all had the same reason for choosing “Justice,” stating, “I was fascinated by the captivating script and strong story.” Based off the serialized webtoon of the same name by Jang Ho, the drama will tell a compelling story with details added by the scriptwriter Jung Chan Mi who has worked as a writer on current affairs programs.

The script will realistically portray the relationship of the two men Lee Tae Kyung and Song Woo Yong, who are chasing their desires, and the investigation of unsettled cases by prosecutor Seo Yeon Ah (played by Nana). The production team explained, “While flipping through the script page by page, it becomes impossible to break free from the tension. We believe in the power the story has. The power will definitely be delivered to the viewers as well.”

2. Three-dimensional characters

Making the script twice as interesting are the three-dimensional characters, especially as they oppose each other. Choi Jin Hyuk chose “Tae Kyung’s emotions that change slowly over time” as an interesting point to look out for in the drama. He explained, “While it may be difficult to understand his emotions at first, please relate together with Tae Kyung’s changing emotions as the story progresses.” Nana also added, “Through flow, through watching, and through feeling — if you watch with an emphasis on the opposition of the characters with various personalities, you will be able to enjoy ‘Justice’ even more.”

3. Cast’s perfect chemistry

Another focus point of the drama is the talented actors, including Choi Jin Hyuk, Son Hyun Joo, Nana, Park Sung Hoon, and more, as well as the great chemistry they have on set while acting. Son Hyun Joo shared, “It’s enjoyable to act with Choi Jin Hyuk who’s versatile and overflowing with energy, Nana who has a strong understanding of her character, and Park Sung Hoon who does a great job of embodying his character.” He added, “The atmosphere on set is very good. My chemistry with the other actors is very good.”

“Justice” will premiere July 17 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki with English subtitles!

Watch the latest teaser below!

Watch Now

https://www.soompi.com/article/1338230wpp/captivating-points-to-look-out-for-in-justice-chosen-by-choi-jin-hyuk-son-hyun-joo-and-nana

14 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@booha yes i wasn't disappointed about the ending :) maybe they're aiming for a sequel? let's hope in the sequel he'll recover completely LOL! Yes that was delightful epilogue I agree!

Mind you speaking of dramas about lawyer stories, I kinda thought of re-watching my dvd of Love Story in Harvard - not sure if you guys hv seen this one, however i enjoyed it the 2nd time around since I only watched it once since I bought the dvd. It's very interesting how their cases unfolded and there's a lot to learn really! In other words, i'm a huge fan of stories which revolves around cases & such and am sure we'll enjoy his new drama Justice!

p.s. I also don't subscribe to Netflix

@willenette @booha woah the drama starts July 17? it's just around the corner then i know we can't wait! guys thanks for sharing his instag photos, articles etc.

Have a gr8 w/end you all here! :D

No I didn’t know about Love Story in Harvard. Yeah I like a lawyer drama.  However it seems Justice looks a bit heavy and dark.  Hopefully it will be good. :blush:

• Like 1

** CJH made appearance in  “Entertainment Weekly”  and VIKI has eng sub for the episode. 

https://www.viki.com/videos/1146131v-entertainment-weekly-episode-1770

Choi Jin Hyuk Talks About Romance In “Justice,” Being Known For Kiss Scenes, And More

Celeb   Jul 13, 2019   by S. Nam
kkQWJtV.jpg?1

On July 12, Choi Jin Hyuk appeared on the latest episode of “Entertainment Weekly” as a live guest!

Currently, Choi Jin Hyuk is filming for KBS 2TV’s upcoming dramaJustice.” The actor will be playing a corrupt lawyer named Lee Tae Kyung who makes a deal with the devil in order to exact revenge. During the broadcast, Choi Jin Hyuk talked about working with Son Hyun Joo who will be playing Song Woo Young, a man who becomes evil for the sake of his family.

He shared, “I chose [the project] after hearing that Son Hyun Joo would be in it.” He added, “I’d already read the script, and when I heard Son Hyun Joo would be starring in [the drama], I thought I had to do it no matter what. Recently I asked him, ‘Did you decide on the drama after looking at the script?’ and he told me he decided to take on the drama after hearing that I would be doing it. I didn’t express it, but I was suddenly touched.”

v8Me8GM.jpg

“Entertainment Weekly” also touched upon Choi Jin Hyuk’s strength in romantic comedies. They asked, “You’re famous for being a kissing expert. Do you have a knowhow on how to film the scene well?” Choi Jin Hyuk replied, “It’s very embarrassing. I think an actor should focus on set. When I focus, [it turns out well].” When asked whether or not he was currently dating, he jokingly explained, “I’ve forgotten how to date. I think I’ve lost my touch.”

In particular, when asked if “Justice” would include aspects of romance with his character and Nana‘s character, he shared, “I’m also very curious. The director and scriptwriter play hard to get [with that information], so I really don’t know.” Furthermore, when asked about actors he’s had good chemistry with, Choi Jin Hyuk explained, “I’ve had good luck. I’ve always worked with actors who I can always rely on.”

Spoiler

QpDSlAa.jpg

During his segment, “Entertainment Weekly” also showed a clip of Choi Jin Hyuk’s past audition program in which the odds of winning was one in 6000. Shin Hyun Joon asked, “Do you remember saying that you wanted to become an actor who can speak with his heart?” Choi Jin Hyuk replied, “Honestly, I was so nervous during the live broadcasts, I used to eat two to three cheongsimhwan (herbal medicine used for calming effects) each broadcast. I didn’t even know I said that, but acting sincerely is the part I’ve worked the hardest on.”

Catch the latest episode of “Entertainment Weekly” below!

Watch Now

If you haven’t already, watch the latest trailer for “Justice” below!

Watch Now

https://www.soompi.com/article/1338365wpp/choi-jin-hyuk-talks-about-romance-in-justice-being-known-for-kiss-scenes-and-more

So looking forward to tomorrow (tonight?), guess it depends where you live. I've been in a bit of a lull - with only one or two shows that I'm actively following, so Justice will add something new to the rotation. Even if it's bad there will be CJH to look at :D.

• Like 3

g_tree_creative

"We invite you to the Behinds of Actor Jin-Hyuk Choi's new KBS drama <JUSTICE>'s poster shooting♡
Looks like he just jumps off the original web-novel."

link → https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=22407637&memberNo=30729681

sjte3Z5.jpg

cr to DC

4 hours ago, sally2 said:

So looking forward to tomorrow (tonight?), guess it depends where you live. I've been in a bit of a lull - with only one or two shows that I'm actively following, so Justice will add something new to the rotation. Even if it's bad there will be CJH to look at :D.

Yes yes I’m glad to hear you would be interested in watching Justice.  jf8Yq85.gif   Don’t worry  Justice is from a popular web novel so it should be good.  Mainly I’m curious about how this drama will look different from his previous  ones like P&P and Tunnel.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sally2 said:

Hi sally, the series has stirred enough interest. Ye, "Justice" will have its premiere at 10PM KST TONIGHT, July 17 on KBS2 and on July 18 via KBS World. :P

• Like 3

*** "Justice" held its press conference TODAY, July 17.  I love CJH’s fashion style. He pulls it off because he's tall & has toned body. Choi Jin Hyuk looks adorable. The drama premieres later in the evening on KBS. :P

htm_201907171510109736086707778537137833

1vlqa1dbxp_1846920682590529397.jpg?w=620

20190717145755501007014296689287671406.j

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, booha said:

Justice made #1 with ratings, 6.1% & 6.4%/EP1&EP2

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this good news. It was the most-watched drama of the night.  "Justice" is good. Jin Hyuk is an amazing actor. Fighting!  :P

• Like 4

“Justice” Beats Out “Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung” In Premiere Ratings

TV/Film   Jul 17, 2019  by E. Cha
j9JtPOy.jpg

A fierce new battle for Wednesday-Thursday drama viewership ratings has begun!

On July 17, all three Korean public broadcast networks began airing their latest Wednesday-Thursday dramas. KBS 2TV premiered its new thriller “Justice,” MBC premiered its historical romance drama “Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung,” and SBS premiered its new medical investigative drama “Doctor Detective.”

KBS 2TV’s “Justice,” which stars Choi Jin Hyuk, After School’s Nana, and Son Hyun Joo, was the most-watched drama of the night. According to Nielsen Korea, the July 17 premiere scored average nationwide ratings of 6.1 percent and 6.4 percent for its two parts, achieving the highest viewership ratings of the three premieres.

MBC’s “Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung,” which stars ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo and Shin Se Kyung, scored average nationwide ratings of 4 percent and 6 percent for its first broadcast; while SBS’s “Doctor Detective” scored average ratings of 4.6 percent and 5.7 percent for its own premiere.

“Justice” tells the story of a vengeful lawyer who makes a deal with the devil (played by Choi Jin Hyuk), a man who becomes evil for the sake of his family (played by Son Hyun Joo), and a relentless prosecutor who ends up investigating the disappearances of several actresses (played by After School’s Nana). The next episode of the drama will air on July 18 at 10 p.m. KST.

Did you catch the premieres of any of these new dramas? Share your thoughts with us below!

You can also check out the first episode of “Justice” with English subtitles here…

Watch Now

https://www.soompi.com/article/1339448wpp/justice-beats-out-rookie-historian-goo-hae-ryung-in-premiere-ratings

2 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this good news. It was the most-watched drama of the night.  "Justice" is good. Jin Hyuk is an amazing actor. Fighting!  :P

Though Justice made it to #1 spot, its opening episode seemed to be a bit weak.  However I enjoyed watching it. It’s interesting to see CJH playing a tormented scumbag lawyer.  haha At least his character hasn’t completely sunk to the bottom yet like his boss, Song Woo Yong.  :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4

booha chingu and fellow fans, orenmanida!

It's been a long time since I last posted in here. It's truly lovely seeing how Choi Jin-hyuk's career continues to soar. He deserves his successes. He truly deserves his male lead status. Anyway, I wish you all well. And I hope that you'll savour watching his newest project, Justice. 

Take care. Cheers!  :heart:

• Like 2