Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

@annasophiabby I think I don't watch that drama. I don't interest in pottery. Beside IHYV, now I watch "Shark". Today my friend suggest me to watch "Newsroom". It's on HBO (which I can watch and record but it just ended season over here. -___-'). I hope re-run coz some part may not understand correctly. (He mention that this series would mention poetry or celebrities in US that we may not know them.)

Guest annasophiabby

tumn tumn said:

Hi yuuqiikeke, anannanann, GHSforever, annasophiabby . Thank you for the welcome messages. There is one thing that I wonder, does anyone know why he changed his name? Is it for the better of his career? Anyway, hyukhyuk sounds at least better than hoho.

Guest annasophiabby

anannanann said: @annasophiabby I think I don't watch that drama. I don't interest in pottery. Beside IHYV, now I watch "Shark". Today my friend suggest me to watch "Newsroom". It's on HBO (which I can watch and record but it just ended season over here. -___-'). I hope re-run coz some part may not understand correctly. (He mention that this series would mention poetry or celebrities in US that we may not know them.)

@Mishiellie: I accidentally watched Battle Royale 2 first. I liked it better than the first, which had too much gore and celebration of pointless death for my liking. IMO, neither installment really did the manga justice.

@annasophiabby haha Kim Nam Gil's mustache turned me off too. No, actually, I don't like the way his entire face looks. I know it sounds like a petty reason to skip out on a potentially good drama, but ehh can't help it. I think it has been like that for me since I saw him from Bad Guy. I'm watching GOF simply for Kim Bum since I like his character. The prince though... urg. I guess I'm tired of watching prideful men yelling at their love interest, and the women just staring wide-eyed or tearfully at them. I really hope Jung Yi still has guts like back then. It was delightful to see her taking the prince down a few notches.

----------

If Woo Bin is the second lead of "Heirs", I'm afraid CJH might be one of those background characters who only show up in a handful of scenes here and there each episode. Oh well but I think this drama will still bring him good press and more public exposure. Can't wait until he is the main character in a cable show.

Guest annasophiabby

missabeat said: @Mishiellie: I accidentally watched Battle Royale 2 first. I liked it better than the first, which had too much gore and celebration of pointless death for my liking. IMO, neither installment really did the manga justice.

@annasophiabby haha Kim Nam Gil's mustache turned me off too. No, actually, I don't like the way his entire face looks. I know it sounds like a petty reason to skip out on a potentially good drama, but ehh can't help it. I think it has been like that for me since I saw him from Bad Guy. I'm watching GOF simply for Kim Bum since I like his character. The prince though... urg. I guess I'm tired of watching prideful men yelling at their love interest, and the women just staring wide-eyed or tearfully at them. I really hope Jung Yi still has guts like back then. It was delightful to see her taking the prince down a few notches.

----------

If Woo Bin is the second lead of "Heirs", I'm afraid CJH might be one of those background characters who only show up in a handful of scenes here and there each episode. Oh well but I think this drama will still bring him good press and more public exposure. Can't wait until he is the main character in a cable show.

@annasophiabby and @Mishiellie Aww, Thank you! :)

@Ayfer Ceylan Welcome to hyukhyuk's thread! :D Hope to see you spazz more often! :)

@annasophiabby I have been wanting to watch GoF because of kim bum too. :P Shall go check out the latest episode first. :P

Guest El6ni12 .

@tumn tumn HELLO! I'm so glad you could join in on the wol ryung feverr!! hahaha

I agree like every member in this forum that CJH is extremely attractive in every way but yes his personality is leaning towards the humble side. Although being humble is always a good thing, I also agree with you that his confidence isn't at a balance so his answers to interviews etc. makes him seem a little insecure sometimes. But that okay! Because we believe his confidence is growing steadily ever since Gu Family Book, and he is so excited and motivated to do well for the Heirs series.

I am totally in love with his voice too, not only with singing but talking as well! I just admire his tone of voice and toned body altogether ;)

@yuuqiikeke Best of luck on your exams! I'm currently taking summer classes so balancing school with CJH is tough... HEHE
@GHSforever HELLO!! hope you're having a great day too!

@anannanann I agree! CJH's crying makes me cry right away. I haven't cried in a series or movie since East of Eden. Sigh
@annasophiabby HELLO! I am planning to watch Goddess of Fire soon. I hope it's a great series to you so far 
:D

@missabeat I really hope that since CJH is like semi related to LMH in the series, that maybe he is like a mentor or a guide for him and that they show him often since he is maybe not the evil guy as far as we know hahaha.

@Mishiellie Once CJH goes to military service, I don't know what I will be watching or looking forward to in kdrama world hahaha

I'm creying after reading the supposedly leaked script of "Heirs"

Usually I don't spread spoilers or leaked stuff, but eh I don't think this is the real deal. Even if it is, it'd still need a lot of polish. While I had a kick out of this, my wariness for the show has also been doubled. Story-wise, it might either be a blast or a total disaster. LMH's Kim Tan sounds like a crossover between BOF's Gu Jun Pyo and Yoon Ji Ho while PSH's role is gonna be your typical plucky girl-next-door type.

@El6ni12 . according to the leaked script, the relationship between the brothers is a bit strained, but there is probably no real malice or animosity involved.

@annasophiabby Sword bores me to tears. I like that it's different and somewhat innovative compared to other saeguk dramas. But to watch it, you'll have to be extremely patient, or in some kind of pensive mood, or head over heels for Kim Ok Bin and Umhforce.

The portrayal of romance in Asian dramas have always been made problematic by the writers' shrewd notion of what constitute a healthy relationship and good boyfriend materials. I can't speak for all the Asian cultures and every other Asian women, but I don't think Asian women are that submissive and docile in real life. I, for one, don't put up with any man's crap, handsome or not.