Quantcast

13 hours ago, sally2 said:

While waiting for new episodes of TLE, I've watched Pride and Prejudice, Emergency Couple, and Devilish Joy. I can't decide if Gu Family Book or the Tunnel is next.

Tunnel!!!! Hands down one of my favourite crime dramas. CJH was superb there.

@booha I am looking forward to the new drama- hopefully he signs for it. I don't mind him playing a layered sort of character. It will be fun.

• Like 2

Wow this thread is on hot topic now.. :D

Welcome to our newbies here.. :) I'm also myself is a newbie.. I just came to know our Jin Hyuk after watching Devilish Joy last year.. He's such a dreamy white knight in shining armor as Gong Ma Sung so I was hooked right away after watching Ep. 1.. Plus his voice was so deep and manly, I have a thing for guys with deep and baritone voice.. 

He's been working non stop, and I also hope he will take a rest but I also hope to see him in a new project to remove the bad taste of TLE. Nonetheless, I will keep on supporting him whatever he decided on to.. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, triplem said:
  13 hours ago, sally2 said:

While waiting for new episodes of TLE, I've watched Pride and Prejudice, Emergency Couple, and Devilish Joy. I can't decide if Gu Family Book or the Tunnel is next.

Hi @sally2 you should watch Tunnel.. I think it's his best drama so far when it comes to the writing and story. :)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, booha said:

I was shocked by how much he had changed himself from DJ GMS to CWB.   At the beginning of TLE, I was a bit hesitant about his new character as I was deeply into GMS and DJ’s OTP like many other of DJ’s fans.  Then I thought to myself TLE seemed to be about revenge and not much about romance so I didn’t have to feel I was deserting DJ’s OTP.  hehe Kdrama can make one’s mind like makjang thinking.  Who would think  drama characters are real. Lol   But it happened to my gullible brain.

@booha, you seemed to worried seeing CJH changing his appearence drastically to match up his TLE character. But I appreciate it a lot when I see actors change their styles, get up, gestures and cr etc. create distinct details in order to create a new character. 

Spoiler

One of the reason why I'm amazed at Joo Won's acting and became his fan is because none of his characters look same or feel same. He is very detailed when adopting a new character since the begining of his careere. 

On 2/22/2019 at 10:51 AM, booha said:

Yeah he’s been working nonstop.  I feel like CJH is trying to catch up with much of his lost time.  I noticed that his acting is slowly maturing but he probably thinks his age is catching up to him so he wants to do as much work as he can before then. 

I think so too..He seems to be keep mentioning it again and again that "he's aging", "not like before" in interviews and vlive updates. :P I want to say to him "Don't worry..You're doing great. " :)

About this new drama offer he's revieweing ..I like the name "Justice" ..reminds me how TLE failed to serve justice in so many levels. And yeah it seem like a same old story of a typical Lawyer but as it's web comic there's most probably a catch. Be it this drama or another I hope he finds a great drama. 

@sally2, watch Tunnle. It's a great drama which blended the crime and time travel theme quite well. The main characters there are also very interesting. A solid story with solid acting. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Thank you for the suggestion about the Tunnel. Watched the first episode and enjoyed it, but it's on the heavier side so I think I'll pace myself and just watch one episode a day - preferably during daylight hours.

I'm also catching up on older posts in this thread. Thank you to all who have posted clips, articles and photos.

• Like 4

On 2/23/2019 at 8:31 AM, flutterby06 said:

@booha, you seemed to worried seeing CJH changing his appearence drastically to match up his TLE character. But I appreciate it a lot when I see actors change their styles, get up, gestures and cr etc. create distinct details in order to create a new character. 

Reveal hidden contents

One of the reason why I'm amazed at Joo Won's acting and became his fan is because none of his characters look same or feel same. He is very detailed when adopting a new character since the begining of his careere. 

I think so too..He seems to be keep mentioning it again and again that "he's aging", "not like before" in interviews and vlive updates. :P I want to say to him "Don't worry..You're doing great. " :)

About this new drama offer he's revieweing ..I like the name "Justice" ..reminds me how TLE failed to serve justice in so many levels. And yeah it seem like a same old story of a typical Lawyer but as it's web comic there's most probably a catch. Be it this drama or another I hope he finds a great drama. 

@sally2, watch Tunnle. It's a great drama which blended the crime and time travel theme quite well. The main characters there are also very interesting. A solid story with solid acting. :thumbsup:

You are very observant about the title ‘Justice’. ^_^   It’s the actual web novel title.  At first KBS came out calling it ‘Inner Circle’ but then they changed it to ‘Justice’.   Maybe they thought about CJH-NWS in TLE and his unfinished revenge.  haha    Btw I read a brief outline about this web novel, ‘Justice’. It’s heavy and has typical corruption and elements of mystery.    PS Indeed  I noticed JW picked some of the dramas because the character seemed challenging/difficult and unique.  Though not as drastic like from a white knight GMS to a street punk NWS in one scoop  whahaha    When I first saw his new image, I thought why he’s ruining my GMS.  I really wanted to bang on a table. hehe  Yeah it was very hard to make a transition.  But now look at me  I’m holding onto both GMS and NWS. Lol  

12 hours ago, sally2 said:

Thank you for the suggestion about the Tunnel. Watched the first episode and enjoyed it, but it's on the heavier side so I think I'll pace myself and just watch one episode a day - preferably during daylight hours.

I'm also catching up on older posts in this thread. Thank you to all who have posted clips, articles and photos.

Sorry to read you have to watch Tunnel in daylight. I hope you can overlook its dark aspect because it has a very touching line about the characters, especially Park Gwang-Ho & his wife, Shin Yeon-Sook.  I felt so much for these two.  
PS I think it will be more enjoyable experience with many of kdramas, if one can watch it on air preferably with soompi or any other live forum.  A group of people can show  different views and different reactions about the drama so that watching is just one part of the experience.  
PS  CJH’s first major career break came from GFB.   He appeared in GFB as a special guest, and played GWR, a father to the male lead.  His part was supposed to be for the first 2 eps but, after he made a splash with WR fever in Korea, his character returned as dark WR.  But because the plot line was already set, his character didn’t have much screen time.   Still he did well.  The first 2 eps are like a movie about the parents’ story.   If you are interested, you can watch just two. 

**cold sunday with howling wind... 

OCM, EC :P

zo2a3yO.gif

Xg2muuP.gif

cr to DC

• Like 2

@booha I'll definitely be sticking with the Tunnel. I don't dislike darker shows, just prefer not to binge watch them, and instead intersperse them with lighter fare. Onto episode 2 and am enjoying the more comedic feel of it. Also happy to see Kang Ki Young is in the show, I find the offbeat side characters that he plays endearing.

• Like 3

A teaser for the variety show that CJH will be appearing on this week.. Seems like he will talk about TLE?? And little Ari was there too. Is this supposed to be a promotion for TLE? But I heard he filmed this in lieu of the extended episodes.. He can't film the last episodes because he agreed to appear in this show,  thus the schedule conflict.. 

Anyone knows where to watch the variety show with English subs? I can't seem to find the show on the sites I'm watching for kdramas/kshows. :huh:

• Like 2

EDIT

@namjiho   Well I’m still trying to find out about it.  However there is a good chance someone will upload IG with CJH’s portion(2/28)  I will try to translate it.  But the conversation in a variety show is hard to translate because the talk is so informal.  Btw Sorry to say I have no idea what they are saying in this preview without context

PS CJH recorded this show before the announcement about TLE extension without CJH.  His so called schedule conflict is about Taiwan FM (2/28). 

['We Will Channel You!'] EP15  Preview CJH & Oh Ah-Rin, appearance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=VBkcViuLEis

• Like 2

16 hours ago, booha said:

noticed JW picked some of the dramas because the character seemed challenging/difficult and unique.  Though not as drastic like from a white knight GMS to a street punk NWS in one scoop

He gained around 8 KGs for one movie role to portray a hardworking village guy.. :P

Spoiler

Cg89ed_WUAAO9OH.jpg

Wow..CJH really does look like this webtoon character..Like how Park Hae Jin seems like exact Yoo Jung Sunbae in Cheese In The Trap..

6 hours ago, booha said:

PS CJH recorded this show before the announcement about TLE extension without CJH.  His so called schedule conflict is about Taiwan FM (2/28). 

Yeah..Isn't it a SBS variety show? I think i read somewhere that it was a SBS variety show. A variety show appearance is can't be a reason for schedule conflict(!) when a drama is ongoing..They usually went to variety shows in between or right after a drama is to promote their drama. few people seemed to be really trying to prove how the mess production made is just because of schedule conflict! ah sigh...

Aww..Little Arin also went there for her favorite TLE Samchoon..Oh Ah Rin chose CJH as the most handsome from TLE cast..Next to him is Oh Hankyul ( Dongshik :D) and SSR.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 2/23/2019 at 1:59 PM, triplem said:

Tunnel!!!! Hands down one of my favourite crime dramas. CJH was superb there.

@booha I am looking forward to the new drama- hopefully he signs for it. I don't mind him playing a layered sort of character. It will be fun.

Agreed! Tunnel was great. Loved CJH and YHM parternship in Tunnel :lol:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Hiii all chingu...

Long times im not here... I read new news that g-tree take a legal action agains to malicious comments for CJH, it that right??? And what malicious comments spread?

• Like 2

I'm catching up on other old shows featuring CJH, along with Tunnel. I'm maybe 5 episodes into Fated to Love You, and was expecting to have second lead syndrome, but this is ridiculous. So far the lead is so unappealing and frankly pretty horrible to Jang Nara's character. Part of my issue is the main lead's overacting, which I guess is for comedic effect, but I don't particularly enjoy it. I know why I dropped this show when I started it a few months ago. I will stick with it now to see CJH, but am prepared to be disappointed by the ending.

@Si Fa I also saw the article you were referring to and also curious about what malicious comments are being made.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2019 at 4:40 PM, sally2 said:

@booha I'll definitely be sticking with the Tunnel. I don't dislike darker shows, just prefer not to binge watch them, and instead intersperse them with lighter fare. Onto episode 2 and am enjoying the more comedic feel of it. Also happy to see Kang Ki Young is in the show, I find the offbeat side characters that he plays endearing.

Ohh  good to know  as I can’t stomach seeing graphically scary crime  scenes.  If I can’t avoid ones like some scenes in Tunnel, I make a long blink and block out my brain except the audio.  haha poor me  I do like crime/detective or action movie but not scary stuff.  Yeah luckily Tunnel isn’t that extreme like other ones.  I appreciate that, in kdrama, whenever they show a blood scene,  everybody can see the blood is fake.    Yes it’s fun to watch a push-pull scene by Kang Ki-Young and Kim Byung-Chul.  He must be very popular for the supporting role.  I was surprised to see his numerous appearances in many popular dramas.   Pleas enjoy Tunnel.  

19 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

He gained around 8 KGs for one movie role to portray a hardworking village guy.. :P

Spoiler

Wow..CJH really does look like this webtoon character..Like how Park Hae Jin seems like exact Yoo Jung Sunbae in Cheese In The Trap..

Yeah..Isn't it a SBS variety show? I think i read somewhere that it was a SBS variety show. A variety show appearance is can't be a reason for schedule conflict(!) when a drama is ongoing..They usually went to variety shows in between or right after a drama is to promote their drama. few people seemed to be really trying to prove how the mess production made is just because of schedule conflict! ah sigh...

Aww..Little Arin also went there for her favorite TLE Samchoon..Oh Ah Rin chose CJH as the most handsome from TLE cast..Next to him is Oh Hankyul ( Dongshik :D) and SSR.

Wow to gain weight to play an everyday character.  Good for him. In his IGs, JW shows this cackling mischievous side of himself.  Maybe in his next drama he should try to pick a lighthearted romcom.   What can I say I’m all about this silly romance stuff. I’m a closet babbling walking romance-zombie. haha :sweatingbullets:
Btw isn’t it a kind of weird kdrama with CJH appearing in the SBS variety show after what happened with him and SBS TLE?  haha   Who knows what coocoo SBS was thinking  hahaha  :D

14 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Agreed! Tunnel was great. Loved CJH and YHM parternship in Tunnel :lol:

Hello another empress girl   I’m glad to see you here.   I read you have spent many hours with kdrama  Yup you definitely know what the kdrama is about.  Btw happy to hear Tunnel is one of your like-list.  :)

8 hours ago, Si Fa said:

Hiii all chingu...

Long times im not here... I read new news that g-tree take a legal action agains to malicious comments for CJH, it that right??? And what malicious comments spread?

1 hour ago, sally2 said:

@Si Fa I also saw the article you were referring to and also curious about what malicious comments are being made.

If I’m not mistaken this news about malicious comments for CJH  mainly starts from TLE DC site.   Over the years I heard about a mob of anti-fan activities. But I don’t know who these people are and how they work.    I know sometimes anti-fan activity starts from a real scandal.  But other times I have to guess some nasty spiteful people acting like a virus just troll around sites and invade to create havoc for fun??   I think, when the writer began to change the LH character and more members moved to LH,  possibly then this anti-fan mob moved in and started to target on CJH.  
So CJH’s agency GTree put out the statement that it would go after people who post defamatory comments about CJH.  Obviously it worked at the moment. It seems the TLE DC site deleted all of the anti-comments about CJH.  
I know media seemed very sympathetic about CJH’s decision to not participate in TLE’s extension.  They knew what PD and the writer did to the NWS/CWB character.  Also I was glad to see the public didn’t blame CJH for his decision.   Hopefully things will quite down.  -_-

Choi Jin Hyuk’s Agency To Take Legal Action Against Malicious Commenters

Mrzfdvm.jpg?1

Feb 25, 2019
by J. Lim

Choi Jin Hyuk’s agency G-Tree Creative will be taking legal action against malicious comments and the spreading of false information.

Spoiler

G-Tree Creative recently took to Choi Jin Hyuk’s official fan cafe “theReal” to announce that they will be taking such action. They stated, “We have confirmed that malicious comments and false information are being spread about our actor on various online communities. We have decided to take legal action against such cases, and we wish to ask for cooperation from fans to collect information.”

They continued to state, “We will continue to collect more information and do our best to protect the rights of our actors.” In their announcement, the agency included detailed instructions of how to save malicious comments and rumors as PDF files, as well as an e-mail address to send the material to.

Choi Jin Hyuk recently wrapped up his appearance in the SBS drama “The Last Empress.” He was unable to appear in the four extra episodes that were added in an extension due to scheduling conflicts. The actor is currently preparing for his fan meeting in Taiwan, which will take place on February 28.

Source (1) (2)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, booha said:

If I’m not mistaken this news about malicious comments for CJH  mainly starts from TLE DC site.   Over the years I heard about a mob of anti-fan activities. But I don’t know who these people are and how they work.    I know sometimes anti-fan activity starts from a real scandal.  But other times I have to guess some nasty spiteful people acting like a virus just troll around sites and invade to create havoc for fun??   I think, when the writer began to change the LH character and more members moved to LH,  possibly then this anti-fan mob moved in and started to target on CJH.  

So CJH’s agency GTree put out the statement that it would go after people who post defamatory comments about CJH.  Obviously it worked at the moment. It seems the TLE DC site deleted all of the anti-comments about CJH.  
I know media seemed very sympathetic about CJH’s decision to not participate in TLE’s extension.  They knew what PD and the writer did to the NWS/CWB character.  Also I was glad to see the public didn’t blame CJH for his decision.   Hopefully things will quite down.  -_-

Choi Jin Hyuk’s Agency To Take Legal Action Against Malicious Commenters

Feb 25, 2019
by J. Lim

Choi Jin Hyuk’s agency G-Tree Creative will be taking legal action against malicious comments and the spreading of false information.

Hide contents

G-Tree Creative recently took to Choi Jin Hyuk’s official fan cafe “theReal” to announce that they will be taking such action. They stated, “We have confirmed that malicious comments and false information are being spread about our actor on various online communities. We have decided to take legal action against such cases, and we wish to ask for cooperation from fans to collect information.”

They continued to state, “We will continue to collect more information and do our best to protect the rights of our actors.” In their announcement, the agency included detailed instructions of how to save malicious comments and rumors as PDF files, as well as an e-mail address to send the material to.

Choi Jin Hyuk recently wrapped up his appearance in the SBS drama “The Last Empress.” He was unable to appear in the four extra episodes that were added in an extension due to scheduling conflicts. The actor is currently preparing for his fan meeting in Taiwan, which will take place on February 28.

Source (1) (2)

Oowwhhh... So bad to hear that. I dont know what the benefit for them for malicous commenters, it isnt usefull at all. Luckily the agency quickly to protect his actor....

Yeah some people dont blame CJH for his decision for not participate TLE addicional episode but there are too make a assumption about CHJ accept "Justice" drama to revenge for his role in TLE. What nonsense <_<

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images. TQ
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, booha said:

Hello another empress girl   I’m glad to see you here.   I read you have spent many hours with kdrama  Yup you definitely know what the kdrama is about.  Btw happy to hear Tunnel is one of your like-list.  :)

Some gifs from Tunnel for all~ he was so smitten ngahahaha

-Tunnel-korean-dramas-40393994-367-207.g

216fd7ca13dbfc3881563665a68b663a.gif?res

(ctto)

Edit: gotta agree I do spend many hours on kdramas recently. But I don't watch all dramas though hahaha. Only a select few. and I have no problem dropping dramas or pressing the FF button to see the end :lol:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

((Delayed postings))

Since CJH didn’t attend TLE wrap party so his fans sent the presents to GTree office. 

From Korean fan &  JH Kissme- Korea &Japan fans

Spoiler

From DC fans

k7UMgWo.jpg?1

Spoiler

cake

R0x2r33.jpg?1vKyPwD7.jpg?1

clay sculpture WS/WB

xkkaTE1.jpg?1

mood light

hec1CsE.jpg

Spoiler

mTdxGGT.png

F26cWRr.jpg?1

inmGwVV.jpg?1

h3ujQWm.jpg?1

8RwD99B.jpg?1

87wl3RS.jpg?1

Xr7kN7f.jpg?1

FiWRO3O.jpg?1

cr to Dc

"A member of 'theReal' supported a soup kitchen on the day of Choijinhyuk's birthday" (2/10)

Spoiler

the Real:CJH official fan cafe

for CJH birthday & New Year (2/9)

Spoiler

"trusting your choice & sending cheer/support

You worked hard #my actornim #CJH"

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, booha said:

Since CJH didn’t attend TLE wrap party so his fans sent the presents to GTree office. 

From Korean fan &  JH Kissme- Korea &Japan fans

Wow..the little details in the NWS-OS inspired cake..:heart:

1)the band aid

2)the red scarf,

3)Ramen and soju..  

And I love how they picked this picture. It's my most fav Sunny-Wangsik pic. That particular scene says a lot. :tears:

wm81545812294705-600.jpg

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:38 AM, booha said:

Btw isn’t it a kind of weird kdrama with CJH appearing in the SBS variety show after what happened with him and SBS TLE?  haha   Who knows what coocoo SBS was thinking  hahaha  :D

Well..SBS is most probably releasing this variety appearance of CJH much much later than expected.

Because look at what Ari is wearing in the preview..I can't remember in which episode of TLE she wore this hanbok, but SBS released a news with her picture wearing that hanbok in 14th January ,2019. So the vareity show episode most probably has been recorded around that time.

Spoiler

30000621117_700.jpg

News: https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/thelastempress/article/56870/E10009356663

(Also there must have been a lot of editing..But that can't change what already has been said..so let's just comment after the actual broadcast of the show.. ;))

Princess So Jin aka Lee Hee Jin talked about Her Bin in her Showbiz Korea interview..

Spoiler

She's so funny and she talks like Princess So Jin. It's her second preoject with CJH and she didn't know that he has became this much popular. :lol:

As they knew each other from previous projecct it was easier for them to film comfortably.

Spoiler

zyWaiMv.png

0ZoQrUH.png

jspxD3P.png

Don't Worry Princess So Jin..I'm sure most of the fans enjoyed your quirkiness and affection for Bin. :) 

V9ZPfTa.png

FwMKDPC.png

• Love 2