Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

*** I find this drama good. :lol:

Watch: “The Last Empress” Cast Members Ooze Cuteness In Making Video

f24c73e0515949788bc22cfeff7534d0.jpeg?s=

The Last Empress” dropped a behind-the-scenes clip of the cast being playful with each other!

In the latest making video, Jang Na Ra, Choi Jin Hyuk, Shin Sung Rok, and Shin Eun Kyung are in the middle of filming the scene where Jang Na Ra and Shin Sung Rok defend each other from Shin Eun Kyung. Jang Na Ra, Shin Sung Rok, and Choi Jin Hyuk converse good-naturedly while waiting for the filming to start. Shin Eun Kyung cheerfully joins the team as she calls out, “Hi! Mom is here!” Jang Na Ra points to Choi Jin Hyuk and tells her, “He’s happy I’m about to get hit.” Then Choi Jin Hyuk jokes, “Please do it well,” making everyone burst into laughter.

During rehearsal, Shin Sung Rok says his lines in an overly sweet manner, and Jang Na Ra grimaces in a joking way. Meanwhile, Shin Eun Kyung and Choi Jin Hyuk are quietly laughing at them in the corner. Then Shin Eun Kyung appears and pretends to slap Jang Na Ra in the face. Shin Sung Rok starts to say his lines when he starts laughing at Choi Jin Hyuk’s fiery glare and points out, “He’s really mad.”

The next scene to be filmed is the one where Jang Na Ra does martial arts. When she flips a stunt member onto his back, she becomes pleasantly surprised. With practice, Jang Na Ra is easily able to master her martial arts skills. She also rehearses the scene with Choi Jin Hyuk, and she is able to smoothly flip him onto his back as well.

All four actors come together again to film the scene where Shin Eun Kyung becomes flustered that Jang Na Ra and Choi Jin Hyuk didn’t die in her scheme. Despite the fact that Shin Eun Kyung is the greatest villain in the drama, the three actors can’t help but admire her cute acting. Choi Jin Hyuk comments that she’s adorable while Shin Sung Rok starts imitating her behavior as the wicked yet silly queen.

In a bonus clip at the end, Jang Na Ra loses her earring, and Shin Sung Rok starts searching for it, just like how his character searched for the couple bracelet in the drama. The earring was eventually found in her hair, and Shin Sung Rok imitates the scene where he found the couple bracelet by raising his fist in the air and excitedly crying out, “I found it!” Jang Na Ra laughs and says, “You really found it this time.”

Watch the behind-the-scenes clip below!

If you haven’t already, check out the latest episode below!

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

3 Major Turning Points In “The Last Empress” That Are Coming Up Fast

3b6f9cc4f4ac491db021bfeeb76ded0c.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “The Last Empress” has revealed some fateful turning points that are amping up anticipation for the coming episodes.

Last week, Oh Sunny (played by Jang Na Ra), Chun Woo Bin (played by Choi Jin Hyuk), and Emperor Lee Hyuk (played by Shin Sung Rok) informed the whole world about the Empress Dowager’s evil actions, including creating a scandal about the empress and trying to kill Oh Sunny and Chun Woo Bin in order to oust Oh Sunny from the palace.

Lee Hyuk fooled the Empress Dowager by making it seem as if Oh Sunny and Chun Woo Bin had died in a car accident, and the three together revealed the truth of the Empress Dowager’s schemings to everyone through a live broadcast on social media.

Here are some turning points that may test the fate of the three characters.

The-Last-Empress11-300x301.jpg

Empress Oh Sunny’s turning point — Will she find out that Chun Woo Bin is terminally ill?

Oh Sunny looked confused when Chun Woo Bin trained her in self-defense. After falling down during training, Oh Sunny asked, “Why are you so scary today? You said you would smile once a day, but you’re not even doing that.” Chun Woo Bin, however, replied in anger and startled Oh Sunny even more.

With a maximum of three months to live, Chun Woo Bin began to aggressively train Oh Sunny. The two got closer while working together to destroy the palace, and viewers are wondering if she’ll find out that Chun Woo Bin only has three months to live.

Oh Sunny has also been using Lee Hyuk’s feelings towards her to expose the evil actions of the Empress Dowager. With the return of Min Yu Ra (played by Lee Elijah) and Seo Kang Hee, who murdered Empress So Hyun (played by Shin Go Eun), many are curious what turn this game of revenge will take.

Chun Woo Bin’s turning point — The revenge that needs to be completed within three months

After hearing that he has three months to live, Byun Baek Ho (played by Kim Myung Soo) blamed himself. Chun Woo Bin, however, calmly stated, “I’m not scared of dying. It just means I’m going to my mother. If it weren’t for you, I would already be dead.” Even in this moment, Chun Woo Bin was worried about Oh Sunny and reassured Byun Baek Ho.

Thinking about the empress having to continue the fight alone after his death, Chun Woo Bin became emotional. Lee Hyuk witnessed this and set up a trap for the bodyguard, calling him into the palace by saying that the empress collapsed. He yelled, “When did you start betraying me?” and surrounded Chun Woo Bin with guards. Will Chun Woo Bin will be able to get his revenge within three months?

The-Last-Empress21-300x302.jpg

Emperor Lee Hyuk’s turning point — Will he turn his back on the Empress Dowager and choose Oh Sunny?

Lee Hyuk slowly began to have a change-of-heart towards the Empress Dowager, and expressed his love for Oh Sunny despite his mother’s schemes. After learning about the truth behind Empress So Hyun’s scandal, Lee Hyuk told his mother, “Starting today, I will give up being your child.” He then heard about the fabrication of Oh Sunny and Chun Woo Bin’s scandal and formed a plan to fool the Empress Dowager.

Once the emperor found out that Chun Woo Bin, the person he completely trusted, had feelings for Oh Sunny, he set a trap in order to draw him into the palace. His as-yet unknown plans for Chun Woo Bin have viewers on edge.

A source from the drama said, “As the sense of danger has been rising for Oh Sunny, Chun Woo Bin, and Lee Hyuk, all eyes are on the plot twists that will shake up their fate. Please look forward to the fate of Oh Sunny, Chun Woo Bin, and Lee Hyuk, who are getting closer to the truth.”

“The Last Empress” airs on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10 p.m. KST. Check out the latest episode below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Thanks 1

**This is the place where they filmed for WS mom’s restaurant. Now the owner of the place renamed it to ‘(It’s) WS’.  CJH is very tall so he tries to stand with his legs spread( called manner-leg ) for the person next to him.   He seems to have lost weight.    

Spoiler

ypEqKsJ.gif

9o8LJ4y.gif

cr Daum

The first Choi Jin Hyuk drama I enjoyed was "Pride & Prejudice." I watched Fated to Love You too..But wasn't that much fan of it. So, I started PP merely because of it's name- interested to know why a legal drama was named after PP- the novel.

For a legal drama I found the drama to be slow and steady.. But I love the journey..I enjoyed the dimensional characters there(even liked the antics of lady prosecutor on the bad side)..Loved the message of the drama..above all I loved little Han Yeol Moo- koo Dongchi moments..Those were short but sweet. They were too adorable together. I've watched the drama twice. I've always replayed their couple moments whenever YouTube suggested me those. Now that I'm following Sunny-Woobin moments in YT, it again started suggesting me PP moments..and I again end up watching them.

(Well I enjoyed Devilish Joy and Tunnle too..but didn't search YT for those dramas that much)

This one above is most probably the my most replayed scene from the drama- Dong Chi wanting to spend sometime with Yeol Moo before he jumps in revealing all truth. Yeol Moo sincerly expressing her feelings. She's soo cute.. Love when Dong Chi said "Andee jii..Nomu Chuaa seo.." I was like -" I don't know who I find more adorable-Choi Jin Hyuk or Beak Jin Hee!"

I thought Koo Dong Chi was a bit difficult character too like Chun Woo Bin..While CWB have to be stoic yet kind hearted, KDC had to balance playfulness, seriousness and thoughfulness. Choi Jin Hyuk did a great job playing Koo Dong Chi. 

I know many people who loves legal drama but has never watched Pride & Prejudice because it's not that popular.. That's why I always had a soft spot for this drama.

• Love 1

happy birthday Jin Hyukssi

ahXWe9j.gif

GTree:  HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Congratulations on actor Choi Jin Hyuk's birthday
Be careful not to catch a cold and have a happy day

Jin Hyuk:

Spending the birthday on the location.  
Thank you and thank you again.
Thank you very much to everybody for your birthday greeting
Because I can’t talk to each fan, but I want to convey that I received all the fan’s presents well and I feel appreciated.
Thank you so much for the birthday greeting on the location from Jun Young, Sung Wan, Hye Soon, Yeul and Seung Yeon!^^

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 2/7/2019 at 1:05 PM, flutterby06 said:

The first Choi Jin Hyuk drama I enjoyed was "Pride & Prejudice." I watched Fated to Love You too..But wasn't that much fan of it. So, I started PP merely because of it's name- interested to know why a legal drama was named after PP- the novel.

For a legal drama I found the drama to be slow and steady.. But I love the journey..I enjoyed the dimensional characters there(even liked the antics of lady prosecutor on the bad side)..Loved the message of the drama..above all I loved little Han Yeol Moo- koo Dongchi moments..Those were short but sweet. They were too adorable together. I've watched the drama twice. I've always replayed their couple moments whenever YouTube suggested me those. Now that I'm following Sunny-Woobin moments in YT, it again started suggesting me PP moments..and I again end up watching them.

(Well I enjoyed Devilish Joy and Tunnle too..but didn't search YT for those dramas that much)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2DUC8X4FL0

This one above is most probably the my most replayed scene from the drama- Dong Chi wanting to spend sometime with Yeol Moo before he jumps in revealing all truth. Yeol Moo sincerly expressing her feelings. She's soo cute.. Love when Dong Chi said "Andee jii..Nomu Chuaa seo.." I was like -" I don't know who I find more adorable-Choi Jin Hyuk or Beak Jin Hee!"

I thought Koo Dong Chi was a bit difficult character too like Chun Woo Bin..While CWB have to be stoic yet kind hearted, KDC had to balance playfulness, seriousness and thoughfulness. Choi Jin Hyuk did a great job playing Koo Dong Chi. 

I know many people who loves legal drama but has never watched Pride & Prejudice because it's not that popular.. That's why I always had a soft spot for this drama.

Hello Nice to see here.  I saw your posting earlier but I got busy till now.  I was happy to hear when you mentioned about P&P in TLE.   P&P was a pet project for PD who is an MBC in-house director. Choi Daniel was to supposed to play the lead but at the last minute he backed out so CJH got the role and then they recruited Choi Min Soo.  So the writer had to rewrite the script to fit for new recruits.  
I think PD & writer picked novel-P&P’s name to draw the public attention at the beginning on the internet as novel-P&P is immensely popular in Korea.  haha  Still the writer kept the essence of novel-P&P in the drama.   Btw if you are interested I can talk about P&P some more later.  It’s too bad you didn’t find P&P during broadcast. You would have fun in the drama thread.
 You are  very good at talking about a drama.  sigh  It’s always  difficult for me to say what is in my head.  So I appreciated very much when you joined TLE and talked about WB.    have good day :)

• Thanks 1

50823727_2172663446109957_69542377394578

Wishing Choi Jin Hyuk a very Happy Birthday and lots of good projects ahead. And make sure the character you play smiles at least once every episode.. I (I'm sure it's not just me) love your eye smile.. :wub:

tunnel_2.jpg

5 hours ago, booha said:

Hello Nice to see here.  I saw your posting earlier but I got busy till now.  I was happy to hear when you mentioned about P&P in TLE.   P&P was a pet project for PD who is an MBC in-house director. Choi Daniel was to supposed to play the lead but at the last minute he backed out so CJH got the role and then they recruited Choi Min Soo.  So the writer had to rewrite the script to fit for new recruits.  
I think PD & writer picked novel-P&P’s name to draw the public attention at the beginning on the internet as novel-P&P is immensely popular in Korea.  haha  Still the writer kept the essence of novel-P&P in the drama.   Btw if you are interested I can talk about P&P some more later.  It’s too bad you didn’t find P&P during broadcast. You would have fun in the drama thread.

Thanks @booha:)

Good to know the beckground story of PP. I'm glad Choi Daniel backed out. :P Count me in when talking about PP. I'm in love with that one and can't recommend it enough.

As for why they named it as Pride and Prejudice, I have my own interpretation after watching the drama. The drama showed the fight between the Pride of the Prosecutors and Prejudice of Prosecution. The team was going after powerful people in the prosecution who have the whole system under their control. But the whole team with guidance of Cheif Moon and parsistance of Dong Chi and yeol Moo, fought with their all to reveal the truth for justice. At first it seemed quite impossible but they hold on to their pride as honest prosecutors and kept fighting...also Han Yeol Moo misunderstood Koo Dong Chi like Elijabeth misunderstood Mr. Darcy.. That's just my own interpretation though. :lol:

It'd have been nice if could watch PP ongoing too..But at that time I was a newbie who used to avoid watching dramas ongoing. But then the comes a time when you get so into K-drama that you can't resist watching ongoing drama with favourite casts. Even now I try not to watch too many ongoing at a time. Watching more than 2 ongoing drama is bad for my sanity. I remember I watched Tunnle just when it has 4 edisode left. Because it was a mistery thriller I wanted to wait. I watched Devilish Joy when it was half completed.

I'm not that good at talking either but thanks for liking my rambling on TLE. Let's wish Na Wang Shik will get his happy ending that he deserves no matter how many more miracle they need to create for that. Well, Gong Ma Sang was supposed die too, but he didn't. Hope Wang Shik will survive this fight too. :D

• Like 1

@flutterby06

Thank you for CJH birthday posting   :)

So much suspense about the fate of WS and others.   To ponder over so many of would-be or would-be-not till Wed.  That’s why it’s fun to watch kdrama with soompi.  We can blow out any kind of steam here with others.       Wonder if the writer will declare an extension for TLE at the last minute??  

PS  We just had  a winter-get-away vacation in Orlando Fl. We are heading back home(north suburb Chicago) and on the way we stopped to see my sis(Atlanta Ga) and had a plan to be home by Tuesday.  But it got delayed another day until Wednesday because of a snow forecast in Chicago.  Yeah it’s always hard to prepare for  long traveling in winter.   At least we weren’t caught in a major snow storm on the road which can be very inconvenient.   
It was hard to leave 70 degree sunny Fl.  haha   A cold reality is waiting for us soon. iky

CJH Baidu fan club sent a coffee truck  for his birthday

Spoiler

• Like 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Feb. 4-10, 2019

dramaratings_2.jpg

Wednesday, Feb. 6      
What’s Wrong Mr. Poong-sang 17 KBS 7.8%
What’s Wrong Mr. Poong-sang 18 KBS 11.0%
Spring Must Be Coming MBC
Spring Must Be Coming MBC
An Empress’s Dignity SBS
An Empress’s Dignity SBS
Reach of Sincerity 1 tvN 4.7%
Thursday, Feb. 7      
What’s Wrong Mr. Poong-sang 19 KBS 11.8%
What’s Wrong Mr. Poong-sang 20 KBS 12.7%
Spring Must Be Coming 9 MBC 1.9%
Spring Must Be Coming 10 MBC 2.0%
An Empress’s Dignity 43 SBS 12.2%
An Empress’s Dignity 44 SBS 14.5%
Reach of Sincerity 2 tvN 4.6%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/02/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-feb-4-10-2019/

• Like 1