Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

Osaka FM article

Choi Jin-hyuk, Japan Osaka fan meeting ... "I felt good energy and joy"

t6lrG1D.jpg

Actor Choi Jin-hyuk successfully finished the two rounds of the Japan Osaka fan meeting.

Choi Jin-hyuk held two solo fan meetings 'First Love' at 2 pm and 5:30 pm at IMP Halls in Osaka, Japan. There were about 1,500 fans attending. Choi Jin-hyuk filled the IMP hall with fans from all over the countries twice, proving his popularity as a next-generation Korean wave star.

Spoiler

It was a FM with advance promotion for 'Maseong’s Joy/Devilish Joy' which will be broadcasted in Japan satellite TV in January-1.  CJH held a large FM in last June and November in Tokyo, Japan. It was the first time CJH to hold a FM in Osaka.

An official from CJH’s agency GTree said "So the FM title was decided as 'First Love', to convey the meaning of 'first love'."  "I was worried because it was the first fan meeting outside of Tokyo. But I was surprised by the packed crowd in both of 2 fan meetings."

CJH prepared for this fan meeting by putting the most emphasis on "being close to the audience". Instead of showing the performance on stage, he came down from the stage and communicated directly with the fans.

At the opening, CJH appeared not through the stage but through the door in the middle of the audience. CJH sang 'Instinctively' among the cheering fans of his unexpected appearance, and showed ‘express-fan-service’ by listening to fans’ stories in the audience for about half of his two-hour running time.

CJH showed the scenes of 'M’sJ/DJ' and talked about each scene and conveyed the scene atmosphere at the time of shooting. There was a rush of questions about the behind-the-scenes for the kiss scenes, for which he was called a "kiss artisan," during the drama broadcast.  In addition, CJH showed off improvisatory acting at the request of the fans, and delivered a variety of gifts that he personally signed.

On the day of FM, the place was filled with fans of various ages from 10 to 60 from Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore. Especially, one teenage girl who came from Korea to meet with CJH impressed him by saying "I flew for the first time so that I could see an oppa."  CJH sang ‘Love To Forget’, the OST of ‘M’s J/DJ’ as a finale for the FM.  There were many fans who became teary  when CJH was to able to convey genuine feeling about the song

CJH said "It was my first fan meeting in Osaka and I didn’t expect to receive this much welcome. I came to give you a good time, but I think I will return with a better impression and more elated. I am currently shooting ‘The Last Empress’ after ‘M’sJ/DJ’, and I will always try to be a performer with good acting and a good project," revealing his gratitude.

CJH  plays the role of Na Wang Sik with a strong performance and receives a lot of love with SBS 'The Last Empress’ which is at the top spot among W/Tr dramas. Because of the busy schedule with shooting,  on 12/8 he returned right after FM ended.

Kim Hyeon-joon, the head of Japan's management team, said, "CJH made a solid position, after receiving  a good response with ‘Tunnel’ which was broadcasted in Japan, and with 'DJ’ which has been exported at high prices. After the official broadcast of ‘DJ’ in Japan, we plan to promote the tour fan meeting nationwide. "

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20181210140825791

• Like 1

DJ will be aired in Japan:
January 6, 2019 (Sunday) at the CS broadcasting station "Satellite Theater" First episode broadcast ahead!
Start broadcasting from January 24 (Thursday)!
Every week (Thursday) 11:00 pm - late night 1:30 (two EPs continuous broadcast)

7ELS11r.jpg

cp3GMp2.gif

Spoiler

gt7iBnp.jpg

6n8ntB7.jpg

dmQ7TbJ.jpg

D2d3bES.jpg

cr to DC

On 12/15/2018 at 6:36 AM, booha said:

I read before CJH started a serious diet and exercise regimen. Well now here is the result of his hard work out.   He had  knee pads on him for his injured knee?  Wow he is truly a big man. B)

cr to DC

崔振赫香港飯團 Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 HK Fan Group shared a post.

11 hrs ·

【2018.12.14★《皇后的品格》SBS官方花絮更新】
【2018.12.14★《The Last Empress》 Making-of

"시베리아~!@#$" 悲傷爆發的張娜拉的狠狠的罵人!
罵人是可愛的事...?
#SBS #皇后的品位 #張娜拉 #崔振赫 #申成祿

"시베리아~!@#$" 서러움 터진 장나라의 찰진 욕!
욕하는 게 귀여울 일...?
#SBS #황후의품격 #장나라 #최진혁 #신성록

*翻譯 Translated by CJHHKFG
*翻譯僅供參考,轉載請註明 'CJHHKFG' Translation for reference only. Please give full credit to 'CJHHKFG' if reposting.

Hi booha,  ye, he worked hard for that body now........Wahhh............Well, there's nothing wrong when he had knee pads since this can fit under clothing. This is good so, it can provide more support for him & can minimize knee pain.  It can protect him against impact injury from falling to the ground or hitting an obstacle, or to provide padding for extended kneeling. This is made of fabric so, it doesn't hurt him. 

I'm happy for him because his drama is doing very well, rating-wise. The show has no sign of slowing down! :lol:

• Like 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Dec. 10-16, 2018

dramaratings_2.jpg

An Empress’s Dignity marched on with high ones. This tale of modern-day royalty jumped all the way to 14 percent this Thursday.

Wednesday, Dec. 12      
Happy to Die 21 KBS 2.4%
Happy to Die 22 KBS 2.4%
Red Moon, Blue Sun 13 MBC 3.9%
Red Moon, Blue Sun 14 MBC 5.2%
An Empress’s Dignity 13 SBS 8.2%
An Empress’s Dignity 14 SBS 11.5%
Fluttering Alert 13 MBN 1.9%
God’s Quiz 5 9 OCN 2.1%
Boyfriend 5 tvN 8.5%
Thursday, Dec. 13      
Happy to Die 23 KBS 1.9%
Happy to Die 24 KBS 2.5%
Red Moon, Blue Sun 15 MBC 4.3%
Red Moon, Blue Sun 16 MBC 4.8%
An Empress’s Dignity 15 SBS 11.0%
An Empress’s Dignity 16 SBS 14.0%
Fluttering Alert 14 MBN 1.6%
God’s Quiz 5 10 OCN 2.6%
Boyfriend 6 tvN 8.6%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/12/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-dec-10-16-2018/

• Thanks 1

Watch: Jang Nara, Choi Jin Hyuk, And Shin Sung Rok Have Fun Filming Intense Scenes For “The Last Empress”

7cce3744918a4eb2a0a28e7dd1d9b69e.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “The Last Empress” has released a new behind-the-scenes video of its cast!

The drama is set in an alternate reality where modern-day Korea is a constitutional monarchy. Jang Nara plays a young woman named Oh Sunny who marries into the royal family, while Choi Jin Hyuk plays Na Wang Shik/Chun Woo Bin, a man who becomes a royal bodyguard.

In the clip, Jang Nara shoots the scene in which her character discovers the act of infidelity between the emperor Lee Hyuk (Shin Sung Rok) and Min Yoo Ra (Lee Elijah). She portrays Oh Sunny’s feelings of betrayal as she is set up as being the one in an adulterous relationship with Na Wang Shik.

Later, Jang Nara, Shin Sung Rok, and Choi Jin Hyuk stand in a circle to film the scene where Oh Sunny tries to slap Lee Hyuk, furious at the turn of events. Choi Jin Hyuk is meant to grab her arm, but everyone voices their surprise when Jang Nara nearly hits Shin Sung Rok on accident. The intense mood from filming gradually shifts to one that is more carefree as Jang Nara and Shin Sung Rok take photos together during their break time.

Jang Nara’s dramatic scenes don’t stop as she films another one where Oh Sunny slaps Na Wang Shik. She pretends to slap his face, but the director insists that her hand should actually make contact with his cheek. Though Jang Nara seems tense while rehearing, the two actors finish the scene professionally without any NG (Not Good) cuts.

Check out the full video below!

“The Last Empress” airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 10 p.m. KST and is also available on Viki. Watch the latest episode below!

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

• Thanks 1

@willenette

I’m glad he is taking precautions for his knee.  I know he’s a tall man but I didn’t realize how big he can be.   gosh feeling a bit intimidated by it  haha :P
At least TLE is doing well with ratings but it seems TLE production team has a problem with staff about excessive working hours and pay.   When the shooting location is far way, it can create many problems.  Hopefully SBS resolves it amicably soon.  :(

2 hours ago, booha said:

@willenette

I’m glad he is taking precautions for his knee.  I know he’s a tall man but I didn’t realize how big he can be.   gosh feeling a bit intimidated by it  haha :P
At least TLE is doing well with ratings but it seems TLE production team has a problem with staff about excessive working hours and pay.   When the shooting location is far way, it can create many problems.  Hopefully SBS resolves it amicably soon.  :(

Hi booha, ohhh............really? I hope CJH has no problem with this.  Some production team are given a bonus when the drama becomes successful. Most of the time it's stated in their contract. The bonus amount that an actor earns for a successful box office hit is more than a billion won. It is the result of the contribution and role of an actor that decides the success of the drama/movie. A guarantee means the actors' basic pay and running guarantee means a bonus. The bonus is the profit divided by an equal percentage. A drama/movie's fate is decided on who stars in it. It's hard to find someone with strong ticket power no matter how many dramas/movies they've made. They take these facts into consideration when they sign them on for a bonus contract. There are cases when they gave out bonuses to everyone including the cast and the supporting cast but this is exceptional. It's common for the guarantee of the cast to take up most of the production cost. Bonuses are creating a rich-get-richer and the poor-get-poorer cycle. :lol:

• Like 1

On 12/18/2018 at 11:32 AM, booha said:

Choi Jin-hyuk confirmed Taiwan fan meeting in 2019 ... Hallyu star

booha, thanks for sharing this.  Lucky hisTaiwanese fans that they have a chance to see him up close & may be personal. It's his fan-service - to give love to his fans. This will be held on February 28, 2019, 6PM at Taipei International Convention Center, right?  I remember ticket prices are set at NT$3800 and NT$2800, and will be available for public selling beginning December 23. Amazing benefits await fan meeting attendees like photo opportunity for 20 groups will be an added perk for selected lucky attendees. 100 signed posters will be gifted in a raffle draw as well. Again, as far as I remember it will be his second fan meeting in Taiwan. Please correct me if I'm wrong, dear. His last drama was greatly received in Taiwan. :lol:

• Like 1

@willenette

Wow thanks for explaining about this bonus system  Well this (‘ a rich-get-richer and the poor-get-poorer cycle’) sounds like a universal phenomena.  It happens here all the time too.  
The problem about pay /over-working hours is related with staff and not with the cast.  You know well that these public broadcasters(SBS/MBC/KBS) don’t have a deep pocket.   TLE has another set which is located away from Seoul so every staff has to drive a long commute besides having a long grueling time for shooting.  So the union for the staffs filed complaints and staged a public protest.  

Well I think  CJH had one FM in Taiwan before so this one should be the second.  Thank you for the detailed info about FM.   Some of Taiwanese fans are CJH’s old time fans.  I remember hearing about Taiwanese fans  the first year I joined soompi(2013)  Gosh such a long ago  haha

SBS Responds To Allegations Of Extreme Working Conditions For “The Last Empress”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1279409wpp/sbs-responds-allegations-extreme-working-conditions-last-empress

I thought CJH looked a bit strange in some scenes in today’s ep. Some of CJH’s fans mentioned about his swollen face( from his last accident)  in today’s ep.   He had a Japan FM in 12/8 and now I know why he wore sunglasses for the event at the time.  Hope he has recovered by now.   :(

CJH treated the staffs with a buffet.  It must be for the holiday.   CJH didn’t wear his  bodyguard uniform??    **JNR team couldn’t make it on time so the company set aside a vip section for them.

https://m.blog.naver.com/yssin2848/221425431158

zCNDMcv.jpg?1

Spoiler

7Pw8WCJ.jpg?1

tFtxkuZ.jpg?1

t9XVNeL.jpg

Spoiler

C8SAx2S.jpg?2

XrALyTR.jpg?2

nFjnjh8.jpg?1

Spoiler

xgNO2NG.jpg?1

0gwx6YQ.jpg?1

GFEXSqh.jpg?1

R35nXX9.jpg?1

Spoiler

oUorI4n.jpg

a61tm3F.jpg

pmJGam1.jpg

TLE W-preview recording

cr to uploader

(trans)

LH: I’m going to put CWB in as the guard leader
WB: I’m certain LH trusts me now.
LH: Do you think this makes sense?
Sunny: Think of it as a marriage contract
Byeon: It’s clear GED left something
WB: That makes the empress more dangerous
WB: Why did you come back here, empress-mama
Sunny:  I will no longer cause trouble like I did before  Nice meeting you, CWB guard

OBfp0PS.gif OBfp0PS.gif          rMapl3F.gif     

** It’s a bed time story with rhymes (some are colloquial words)  so the translation shows a general meaning about it. Hopefully not too far off 

@singlesmagazine:   #Singles_star
Are you having a good Christmas Eve?   For tonight, no one will have nightmares!  Choi Jin-hyuk delivers a goodnight message with a honey voice. Please raise the volume up and listen.

Today's Bedtime Story

Korean:

Spoiler

어느새 밖이 캄캄해요.
집들은 환하게 불을 밝혔구요.
지금은 몇시?
꾸벅꾸벅 졸다가 아아함 하품할시간,
무도회가 끝날시간,
이제는 방으로 가야할시간,
더놀겠다고 떼쓰다가 야단맞기 딱 좋은 시간,  
불이꺼졌네요.
집들은 어둠에 잠겼어요.
지금은 몇시?
모두 쿨쿨 잠잘시간.
(CJH voice) 잘자요 악몽으로 부터 여러분을 지킬게요

( translation)

It is already dark outside.

The houses are lighted brightly.
What time is it now?

Time for nodding off with a big yawn,
Ending time for the dance party,

Time to go to the room,
Time for getting a sharp scolding from pestering to play more
The light is off.
The houses are darkened.

What time is it now?
Time for everybody in a deep sleep.
(CJH voice) "Sleep well. I will protect you from nightmares"

**CJH HK IG (Chinese sub) Today's Bedtime Story: https://www.instagram.com/p/BryImx0hBod/

JYfp4vJ.gif