Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

Guest mdolphins

celes80 said: Anyway, plot aside, what I really wanted to say was that I think CJH’s acting was still rather raw here.  Having seen his performance in GFB, The Heirs and then EC, then going back to see his earlier works, there is a marked difference.  He wasn’t as emotive in his facial expressions and body language in INR.  I’ve kind of gotten used to his exceptionally high acting standards, and so while it wasn’t all that bad then, he was definitely not as good in acting as he is now.  The scene where a tear trickled down his face when IY said no to his proposal, I didn’t quite get it from him.  Was it supposed to be sadness, or anger, or a mixture of both?  I didn’t feel anything at all.  Nothing tugged at my heartstrings, even though his character was supposed to be very pitiful.  In contrast, the same tear down the face in GFB just tore me apart.  Of course the storyline is different then, and we can’t compare but his emotions just didn’t come through for me, you know?  Many other scenes in INR before that too, when he was fighting with IY over the fiancée plot, I just didn’t feel it.  The rest of you may beg to differ and that’s OK but this is just my personal opinion. :) I’m just so glad that he’s matured quite a lot in his acting since.  He did say in the Japan FM that INR was the drama where he first started to feel that acting was enjoyable, so I’m glad he took on this role nonetheless.  Oh, and he sang too! That’s always good.  Haha.

@celes80  @mdolphins
Somehow it never occurred to me to look in the INR thread till now. haha Guess who was there !!   However I’m glad you two talked about INR here. I forgot about JH’s English in it but you made it sound funny. When I have time I should check it out along with your funny comments. haha   INR is a lighthearted romance drama about 3 females. When a drama has three subplots, the characters become a sort of light sketch like two dimensional. JH’s acting isn’t on the top in a drama but JH’s character is just a second lead.  He is a totally stereotype fantasy prop for the female lead. Nonetheless I enjoyed it except the ending for him. Strangely GWR is a fantasy character but he turned it into such a moving one.
A fun article about God’s Play (Trick) and about a strip for baduk!!    It seems like that action scene made a hit in Korea.   Who would come up with the idea of showing action and sexiness in such a place!  

Guest mdolphins

booha said: @celes80  @mdolphins
Somehow it never occurred to me to look in the INR thread till now. haha Guess who was there !!   However I’m glad you two talked about INR here. I forgot about JH’s English in it but you made it sound funny. When I have time I should check it out along with your funny comments. haha   INR is a lighthearted romance drama about 3 females. When a drama has three subplots, the characters become a sort of light sketch like two dimensional. JH’s acting isn’t on the top in a drama but JH’s character is just a second lead.  He is a totally stereotype fantasy prop for the female lead. Nonetheless I enjoyed it except the ending for him. Strangely GWR is a fantasy character but he turned it into such a moving one.
A fun article about God’s Play (Trick) and about a strip for baduk!!    It seems like that action scene made a hit in Korea.   Who would come up with the idea of showing action and sexiness in such a place!   

Hello everybody!!  There are three bloggers who posted about the event: Haagen Dazs Mango & Raspberry with Hanhee Fashion Show.   One of them was surprised to see many reporters and assumed they came for the two guests.  I took a quick glance through these blogs.  First thing I noticed was this event exuded the air of luxury.  Even the table setting looked luxurious.   It was an invitational event and these three bloggers came with invitations.  So the event must have some weight in the city.   The fashion show was made in two parts with the concept of the perfect pairing.  One of the background posters showed KSH and JJH from YWCFTS.  I assumed these two have CF with this ice cream brand.  Then I read MC was an MBC announcer and the meal was prepared by chef Raymond Kim (He is supposed to be a famous chef. With my current economic status, even if I live in Seoul, I’ll have zero chance hearing such a name like that. lol )   If anyone visits these sites, don’t worry about what they are saying.  They all wrote about the same thing: a great show and the pair was good etc ... and the food (gourmet) was two thumbs up. Haha   But the pictures were really good to look through.
I didn’t realize CYJ was so tall that CJH didn’t have to look down when they talked.  CYJ looked astonishing with Haagn logo dress.
rZANqgf.jpg
L6nId4J.jpg
http://meli.co.kr/220026172016

WL8RDE2.jpg
KZtgvPl.jpg
http://blog.naver.com/miju0041?Retransparent=Log&logNo=220009127225

JCFSNGg.jpg
aRPpgCw.jpg
http://blog.naver.com/lunatiique?Retransparent=Log&logNo=220026093490

cr to DC

Did a translation for this article. 
<The Divine Move> Choi Jin Hyuk, Piercing Eyes like a Devil, A Swindler in an Underground "Go" Game Syndicate
Released: 11 June 2014, by Newsen.
GodsTrick_zps69057db2.jpg

[News Reporter] "The Divine Move" The still pictures of Ahn Sung-ki, Lee Si-young, Choi Jin Hyuk playing negative characters have been released. 
In the movie “The Divine Move” (directed by Jo Bum-gu), Ahn Sung-ki, Lee Si-young and Choi Jin Hyuk went through an acting makeover in the recently released stills.  The three actors exude different styles from the previous roles.  
Firstly, this is the first time in his acting career that Ahn Sung-ki, in combination with the perfect make-up, will be challenging his acting skills by taking on the role of someone with visual impairments.  Ever since his acting debut in 1957, he has acted as many characters such as a general, a soldier, a policeman and a professor but this is the first time he will be showing off his acting skills by acting as a blind person. Although he is a big name actor, Ahn Sung-ki did not neglect to practice for his role.  “As far as I’m concerned, this is the first time I am acting as a blind person. It is already not easy to act with your eyes open, let alone with your eyes closed.  In order to drop the “Go” pieces accurately onto the “Go” board in a shape of a cross (), I constantly practiced it at home” Ahn Sung-ki revealed.

The only female in “The Divine Move”, Lee Si-young acts as the flower amongst the thorns.  In her acting career, this is the first time she takes on the role of a femme fatale. In this role, she breaks free of the youthful and honest image she has presented to everyone until now and shows off a new image. She says “Because this is the first time I am acting in the role of a femme fatale, I wanted to do it well. Fortunately, the director helped by pulling out a lot of the scenes without me and many of the scenes that I appeared in came out well.”

Choi Jin Hyuk, who has the image of being a romantic in dramas, has now become Sal-soo's (acted by Lee Beom-Soo) personal right-hand man.  He acts as a villainous broker Sun-soo. With his deep, low voice and piercing stares, Choi Jin Hyuk fully exudes a persona of someone shady originating from the underground "Go" gambling world. "The Divine Move" is Choi Jin Hyuk's first big screen debut.  The fact that Choi Jin Hyuk could fight on an equal basis with Jung Woo Sung in the action scenes was something that surprised everyone on set, and it was something that few people know about. 
Choi Jin Hyuk was very honoured to be able to act with all these experienced seniors.  Although he felt a lot of pressure filming the acting scenes with Jung Woo Sung in the icy cold refrigerator, he remained very humble and said that he had learnt a lot from him through this experience.
The movie “The Divine Move” will premiere on 3 July.  It is a movie portraying the life-and-death battles of professional “Go” players in the underground gambling world.  The movie will have a combination of thrilling stories with flashy action scenes.  Jung Woo-sung acts as a professional “Go” player with many lives. Lee Beom-soo is the ultimate evil villain in the “Go” gambling world. Ahn Sung-ki is an extremely skilled god-like blind player who is very calm and collected and possesses sound judgement. Kim In-kwon acts as Kkong-soo who lives on a day-to-day basis in the “Go” gambling world. Lee Si-young is the flower amongst the thorns in the “Go” gambling world. Ahn Gil-kang is the extremely honest right-hand man, who is a technical expert. Choi Jin Hyuk acts as a villainous broker who runs the entire “Go” game operations, Sun-soo.
GodsTrick2_zpsa0a239cc.jpg

@celes80  I read your translation on CJH part in DM.  It sounds like his character is a very bad one but hopefully he will not be as bad in the movie.  So he is the son of ‘Sal Soo’(?)  Well my dear toes start curling up from chill!!   However thank you for the translation!  I just read the rest of your translated articles.   Btw Earlier I checked your blog and saw two more new articles. The one you posted 3/6 is in Chinese and looks like it’s about EC.  I assume you posted it here before in English.  Sorry to say but my Chinese is such that it gives off only a bright white light when I look at it. haha

@Mishiellie I love the way he looks up!   The coloring seems to be opposite from the shower scene which you bathed him in a bright intense green light.  Thank you

(translation)
【The Divine Move - 7/6 접속! 무비월드 Access! Movie World。Interview】SBS《連接!電影世界:神之一手發表會專訪 7/6》

http://youtu.be/Cb35trIXVzo    cr to @PolarisCat

The cast members did a lot of teasing during an interview so it gave me a bit of trouble. (The introductory segment before the actual interview part: (010) to (051))
(003) [ Flower Man JWS ]
(004) [ A character actor LBS]
(006) [A top actor (국민 배우) AhSG]
(010) [7 members, representative of Korean actors, got together.]
(014) [JWS “착수 is pro.”] (?) 착수는 푸로예요 or (?착수: 바둑에서, 바둑돌을 바둑판에 번갈아 한 수씩 두다.) (I’m not clear what he meant to say or something else different.)
(016) [“Lucky move. Cunning move.]
(019) ‘I’ll give you a half, 30’
(022) The different reasons for the same ambition
(028) ‘terminate’
(029) [The revenge for the absolute evil, Sal Soo]
(035) ‘Do we have the chance for the Divine Move?’
(039) JWS ‘I think Ahn Seong Gi is a real Divine Move.’ (meaning he’s an excellent go player)
(041) I wonder how he managed to show his power/spell (언제 그렇게 그런 마력을 보여주셨는지)
(044) “You have so much talent.”

(046) [Question: kkang kkang hammer(?) incident] ( 깡깡: kkang kkang (sounding word for the hammering) ; 망치: mangchi (hammer))
(051) Ahn Kil Kang “You are really a bad person.” (teasing)
(055) [ The gathering of 7 moves/ or players (? 7 개의 수) in front of a baduk table ]
(059) ‘The real evil can’t easily be killed.’
(100) (? 복기) ‘ The rematch should be done in one’s grave.’
(104) [Tae Seok fell to hell from a one time play of baduk gambling]
(108) [JWS as Tae Seok] [ “The baduk can be good for the action.”]
(111) [ To throw it and hit the target can give pain.]
(112) ‘It hurts!!’ (JWS from the split screen)
(118) [ Lee Beom Soo “It isn’t about the strongest lasting longer but the one who lasts longer is the strongest.”]
(127) [Lee Beom Soo as Sal Soo] [ “He’s naturally a cold-blooded evil character.”]
(129) [LBS “I could say he is intelligent.”]
(130) [AhKK , < suddenly> “I don’t think he’s intelligent.”]
(133) [“The way I look at him, he’s definitely not intelligent.”]
(135) [LBS “Well he isn’t intelligent.”]
(136) [LBS “Well he isn’t intelligent but he appears to look intelligent.”]

(144) [CJH as player] [“ In the baduk my character is bad who wins a game by cheating then confiscates money .”]
(154) [Explosion of the woman’s emotion!!] [The action in the icy cold storage!!] {The hidden truth behind the scene?]
(158) (from production staff) [ The topic of the refrigerator(?) action…]
(201) [JWS “One can’t do action in a refrigerator.”]
(204) [Teasing act ~ joking ~ ]
(208) [CJH “When the camera team was in preparation, “]
(210) [CJH “I did push ups on the side.”]
(212) [CJH “However for JWS sunbae, there were these weights which held up a big camera,”]
(218) [CJH “He found them somewhere and used them for exercise.”]
(220) [JWS “ I didn’t do it.”]
(223) [JWS “My body is a natural one.”]
(227) [JWS “I just moved equipment. I didn’t do anything.”]
(230) MC ‘This body was made with blood/sweat and it’s a work of art.’
(231) [(근육아) Muscles ~ (?갈라져라) divide and grow ~]
(243) [Ahn Kil Kang as a wood cutter ][“This time instead of doing it by myself, it was done by the computer graphic named 깡깡 (kkang kkang) 망치 (hammer).”]
(247) Ahkk ‘It really hurts.’
(249) AhKK ‘All this is steel…’
(252) ‘What’s kkang kkang hammer?
(253) [ JWS “Saying kkang kkang while fighting”]
(256) [JWS “ Someone who receives its punch, (saying) 망치(mangchi) 망치 ~”] (like hip hop singing)
(259) [JWS “ That’s how the 깡망치 action came up about.”]

(304) [ Con baduk player, Tricks appearance ]
(307) [Kim In Kwon as Tricks][ “Kicked by a foot, fainted out and then my neck was hung up“]
(310) [LBS “It’s called the re-action.”
(310) [MC “It’s not action but reaction?]
(312) [KIK “It’s because when I got punched, I just kept receiving without responding.”]
(313) MC ‘No I wasn’t talking about that kind of action.’
(319) [ May be in another life…] (He implied the way he looked he wouldn’t be getting the lead who would be given an action scene. )
(325) [You are still alive?]
(333) [Ahn Seong Gi as The lord][ “He has a sight impairment but he is a baduk master.”]
(337) [JWS “I think AhSG is the real Divine Move in .”]
(340) [JWS “Since he has so much power/ spell.”]
(342) [AhKK “During a shooting break, I remember we did a baduk game continuously.”] (촬영)비는 시간에 저랑 계속 바둑 둔걸로 기억하거든요 (? Unclear about the meaning by his statement this and next. But he seems saying AhSG has talent(or magical power?))
(345) [AhKK “언제 그렇게 그런 마력을 보여주셨는지 I wonder how he managed to show his power/spell.”]
(348) [ I give to you my respect.]
(356) [Lee Si Young as Navel ][“ ‘I’m the flower on the baduk table’ which I say as a flattering term ]
(359) [ It shouldn’t be easy. ]
(406) [LSY “Previously I acted with Oh Jung Se oppa. ’]
(415) [LSY “But now I’m working with JWS”]
(417) [i really liked working with him.] ‘I really liked it. ‘
(419) [MC “What would happen to Oh Jung Se now ~”]
(421) [ I no longer answer a phone call (from him)]
(422)(repeat) [ I no longer answer a phone call (from him)]
(424) (repeat) [ I no longer answer a phone call (from him)]
(429) [Have you seen the death of all of baduk stones?]
(436) [MC “Is it possible the follow up of this movie could be 'janggi' (Korean chess game)”]
(440) [JWS “Well but..”]
(441) [LBS <shameless/brazen > [ “ One can look at the long term..”]   (He plays the word game: 장기+적 = 장기적)
(443) [LSY “The movie Divine Move will blow away hot summer weather.”]
(446) [JWS “Please watch the movie many times.”]

@Celes80 As far as the promotional materials of "The Divine Move" has released, I'm quite curious about the point that this is the debut in big screen for CJH?? How about "Tone Deaf Clinic"? It's very funny that the same case happened for his drama work! Everyone said that "EC" is the 1st drama for him as the male lead! How about "MDTF"?

PolarisCat said: @Celes80 As far as the promotional materials of "The Divine Move" has released, I'm quite curious about the point that this is the debut in big screen for CJH?? How about "Tone Deaf Clinic"? It's very funny that the same case happened for his drama work! Everyone said that "EC" is the 1st drama for him as the male lead! How about "MDTF"?

@booha First, I must say that when I started translating the article, I was doing it at 6.30am in the morning... Haha... So in my half-asleep, half-awake state I read some words wrongly and mistook "Sonsu" in Japanese as "son". After having some breakfast I went back to re-read it and realized it was supposed to be CJH's character's name, Sun-soo... I've since corrected the post above and translated the rest of the article out, not just CJH's part. Haha. Sorry about that @booha. No, he's not Beom-soo's son. Just a regular villain/henchman to Beom-soo's character. 
I see you noticed I smuggled an article in Chinese into my blog. Hahaha. Actually no, I haven't translated that one or posted it in Soompi yet. I've been a bit lazy so not gotten to it yet. Maybe the next time you check, it will be there :) 
@PolarisCat, you are right! I have no idea why the article says it's his big screen debut although I've double checked with the article and that's what it says. Maybe it's cos it's the first one where he has a bigger role in? I don't know anything about his role in "Tone Deaf Clinic" but maybe it may have been a very minor role?
@yeekrfan2 your gifs are back!! I love it!! Thank you. :x

Guest Mishiellie

@booha  yes I changed the colouring to make it look more warm.. just like his smile heeheeheee
oh and I did an edit of the picture from the article ^^ so it looks more sharpened and did a little adjustment for the colouring
tumblr_n71etqtA171tnpt5vo1_500.jpg

Guest mdolphins

I watched Tone Deaf Clinic and his role was fairly minor, though I have to admit he was hot and his character provided the motivation for the tone-deaf main girl to try to learn how to sing.

Guest abcchin

I guess they didn't consider his role in Tone Deaf Clinic as a debut on big screen this is because he was more like a guest appearance. super minor role that less than a few min but it was drool worthy.. *SOB*. Moreover Tone Deaf Clinic didn't have huge promotions.. unlike Divine Move it was heavily promoted in Korea Cinemas (upcoming events, etc). 
Meanwhile first main role on tv... I guess because MDTF is just a daily 30 min thing (melodrama, sitcom stuff actor and actresses have fair share of scenes) they never consider him as main actor? and it was more than a hundred episode I guess some people got really tired watching it and probably won't pay much attention to it. So they consider the first one (real drama) are those main actor & actress centered story. lol 
Don't know what happen to Daddy's Girl tho.. maybe really amnesia. lol but there's also main cast and lead role in series.. hence... shrugggg
Just my 2 cents. LOL and OMFG... he's damn hot on the pic above. MESSY HAIRRRR DAYUM!! I WANNA WATCH THE MOVIE BADLY!
Thanks @booha for the translation. had so much fun reading it. some parts are quite funny. 

REPOST from @PolarisCat xD10 sec promo teaser for GFIUhttp://tvcast.naver.com/v/164450
Bp5bHIDCAAAW4Oo.jpgBp5bDXwCIAA41vR.jpgBp5bHTKCQAAnNzc.jpg
HIS HAIRRRRR ;A; omg i died

It's been a while since I've been in here and wow! it's already page 258! I see I have alot of catching up to do here haha. Anyways, I promised  @Mishiellie I'll be sharing a few pics of my Dark WR cosplay. I did him two times and it was a blast doing GWR (except for the makeup time lasting for 4+ hours -.-). Like CJH, GWR will always have a special place in me since this was the first character that gave me a break in cosplay, and I will never forget that for the rest of my life. :D
I'd love to do him again someday but not anytime soon (My pending cosplay project is a character previously done by Kim Soo-hyun).
Anyways, enjoy! :D

guwolryung_zps2834254e.jpg

This is the pic that I attached to my fan letter to CJH haha. Taken 04.27.2014
1959439_579650198808560_4010248976867322

Guess who I'm with? haha. It's Ursula from Little Mermaid lol. Also taken 04.27.2014
0315FDC6-D306-4973-8D3D-F050AA7B7FC8-73-

My cosplayer debut. The other cosplayer is Morrighan from the game Mabinogi. Taken last 10.06.2013.
1bc7f4ed-d9fb-49ff-9bbd-bf8a1eddca13_zps

Me and a Monkey King cosplayer. Also taken 10.06.2013