Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

Guest Mishiellie

최진혁, 이연희가 배신할 때 흘린 눈물 "대본에는 없었는데…" 崔振赫,李妍熙背叛时 留下的眼泪"剧本上是没有的...
The tears Choi Jin Hyuk Shed for the betrayal of Lee Yeon Hee was not in the script...
86d6277f9e2f070812a6c2bae824b899a801f2ed

Outspoken/straightforward may not be the best trait for an actor.
People will listen very carefully for thing said by celebrities, often, there will be many provoking/aggravating news all over the internet. Choi Jin Hyuk is not an exception. Because he went through many things, when faced with sensitive questions during interviews, even though he would like to avoid them, but he said " occasionally I forget that I am an actor" He is very straightforward so he will happily starts to tell many stories during the interview.
Due to his rising popularity as Gu Wol Ryung from the drama "Gu Family Book" Choi Jin Hyu has to travel around Seoul for many interviews. Even though he looks a bit tired but he said "No matter what the questions are I will answer everything sincerely" 
2 episodes are enough. With tall and fit physique, good looks, and deep voice, Choi Jin Hyuk started his journey as an actor after winning the grand prize in KBS's survival star audition. He has starred in many works, but his cameo in "Gu family Book" increased his popularity drastically. Even though he gained recognition late in his career, but this starting point is magnificent. 
Among the audition, there was Kim Bum and Park Jae Jeong. " it was like if we all graduated from the same school"
" Jae Jeong hyung's KBS drama "you are my destiny" was very successful and after that he appeared in MBC's "We Got Married", and Kim Bum became popular after "Boys Over Flowers". So I thought to myself, "I need to do something too, why aren't there anything for me to do?"  If  one was unable to do well in this profession as an actor, many hardship will arise and your thoughts will become complicated. I even thought to myself "should I continue acting?" He said as he recalls his past circumstances and hardships. 
Choi Jin Hyuk gave out unexpected answer when asked how he sorted out his confusions during his period of hardships and started his career as an actor again. 
  " To be honest, there is nothing I can do except this (acting). For some people this may be good words but to some it maybe bad... even though I can work any job to support myself, but after thinking many times, the one thing that can truly unleash my potential is acting. I thought of many possibilities, I even thought of giving up everything and go back to MokPo to be a farmer ( well well.. you will be the hottest farmer around haha )
Through his honest and sincere answers we were also able to sense his worries during those difficult times. When actors of similar age such as Lee Min Ho, Kim Soo Hyun, and Song Joong Ki all have risen to stardom, Choi Jin Hyuk expressed his envy and said " I thought to myself why do I kept on acting in similar roles, when will I get my unique role?" "I thought many times to myself, if I get a role that suites me, I will act very well" He recalled "I was young and my acting skills were still rough, when encountered with non-suitable roles, I did not know how to take ownership and make the role mine. So I sank into a period of stagnation"  He chose character of Gu Wol Ryung in "Gu Family Book" and Bae Sung Hyun in "I need Romance" as the most suitable roles for him.
" Both Gu Wol Ryung and Bae Sung Hyung will become fearless for the woman they love. Characters who are straightforward and honest really attract me and I think suits me the most. Characters who silently guarding and protecting the person they love does not seem to fit me. As I gain more experience with my increasing age (lol.. you are only 28) , I know what to do to act more naturally now, however 2-3 years ago, it was still hard for me to understand. I did not want to act in lovey dovey or just purely good looking roles. (yes I understand you bb.. you want a story people can relate!!)
Reporter jokingly said "but Gu Wol Ryung is very good looking!!" Choi Jin Hyuk said " Gu Wol Ryung is a very special role." "having male version of Gumiho was already shocking enough, but I think the peach picking scene had an impact as well."  "I think Guys like that these days are rare. even though it was cheesy, but I wanted people to feel the romance and the cuteness (in Wol Ryung) So I really wanted to portray this role well." 
21a4462309f79052ce6594840df3d7ca7bcbd516

After carefully revealing his thoughts on acting. Choi Jin Hyuk Recalled his past experiences "As an actor, there were many times and things that saddened and frustrated me. There were times where I got ignored and looked down at by people whom I worked with together, and sometimes even by people who were younger than me. This was a shock to me (at the time) but it also made me want to be better and work even harder." 
After having to experience many things in life, it made Choi Jin Hyuk more stronger. By enduring all the hardships,  "Gu Family Book" became a new turning point in his acting career
"I feel overwhelmed at times, I want to give my 100% every single time" Even though I slightly felt such emotions during filming of  "I need Romance" but this time it was during the scene where Seowha brought Lee Sung Jae sunbae and all the other bad people (to the moonlight garden), when I called her name, she turned her face away coldly. At that time I was truly immersed in the role, I became sad and felt very hurt that tears started to come out. but this was not originally in the script."  "At times when I am faced with such emotions I see the charm of being an actor" " Also, we should not be calculating when acting. Because when you act with all your heart, the end result will be amazing as well."
Even though Choi Jin Hyuk was very exhausted, but we can feel that he is a very humble actor who is thankful for the interview opportunities. 
"I really want to do interviews and I really wanted to talk about any things that happened on set, but because I haven't gone on any variety shows yet, I have no where to tell them. Even though it(interview) is fun but my stamina is hard to keep up these days, and in addition I feel that some might feel these interviews are just to hype things up, so I wanted to take a rest. I became embarrassed after seeing all similar news articles (about me). 
The star, Choi Jin Hyuk, whose brilliance has just started to shone, will now start on Chapter 2 of his acting career. 
Original Interview: BNTnewsChinese translation by Kimcunmae of 崔振赫百度 (CJH baidu)English translation by Mishiellie of CJH Soompi Thread
I tried my best to translate as accurate as possible.. Hope it makes sense!!

Guest Mishiellie

Translated 3 articles today... I feel productive!!!
TIME TO SLEEP!!!! GAHHHH WILL BE GETTING MY WEEKLY DOSE OF WOL RYUNG TMR AND TUESDAY!! YAY!! 

Thanks for all translations.
The last one, thanks to the script writer otherwise we will have a hottest farmer though.
In my opinion Gu WolRyung will impress in viewer's hearts for long time. This role will be raised up over and over for sure. 

Guest Mishiellie

@anannanann i try to translate as much as i can when i have time.. The role of Wol Ryung is actually something i've never really seen before and i think thats also why it got such huge responses from viewers and plus his acting.. esp. that crying scene when he found out seohwa betrayed him! it was sooooo real.. that scene was just too powerful.. i tear up everytime i recall that scene.

and it was also the very scene which moved the writer of "Heirs".I remember her tweeting about that scene when it aired.

i am just so happy for him! and omg today's epi. i hope to see more of him

Mishiellie said: @anannanann i try to translate as much as i can when i have time.. The role of Wol Ryung is actually something i've never really seen before and i think thats also why it got such huge responses from viewers and plus his acting.. esp. that crying scene when he found out seohwa betrayed him! it was sooooo real.. that scene was just too powerful.. i tear up everytime i recall that scene.

and it was also the very scene which moved the writer of "Heirs".I remember her tweeting about that scene when it aired.

i am just so happy for him! and omg today's epi. i hope to see more of him

If there are any actors that I think of, the part that change their life, another chapter of acting. I would think of "Tom Hank" in Philadelphia, especially the scene that he listened to the opera. He was dying. He didn't sad or crying at all. But the music in the background told all story. That scene is the most sadness scene in the movie for me. And I still remember even years passed by.
WolRyung will be as that or not I couldn't tell. CJH might get better role than WR, who knows?
--
Stand by for Gu.. the preview just air a few minutes ago. ^^

Guest Mishiellie

omggg this episode looks sooooo saddd!!! its getting really interestingggg ! next week we should see family reunion??

omgggg

Guest Mishiellie

https://www.facebook.com/ChoiJinHyukThailandPlease Clike Like us 

:)>-

thxx for the invite! I already did last time:D