Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

Mishiellie said: Naver star column
Choi Jin Hyuk -- Encounter with "Gu Wol Ryung" at Edge of the Cliff
*Sorry I took so long to translate.. This was from June 3rd 2013*
tumblr_mpw1l7yXR61rvgn4zo5_1280.jpg

Hello Everyone~! I am Choi Jin Hyuk. I feel very honoured to meet everyone through Naver's star column.  Whenever I read star column I always thought " ah, if i get a chance, I want to share my story as well." I am so glad this opportunity came just in the right time. ^^ Even if its boring, everyone will still stay until the end right? I trust everyone will let me finish my story, so lets start~!
tumblr_mpw1l7yXR61rvgn4zo6_1280.jpg

# Gu Wol Ryung, From nothing to something
Perhaps during the beginning of "Gu Family Book" most of the viewers would have the "Who is he?" reaction when they first saw me. Though some recognizes my face, but many still doesn't know my name. To my surpprise, the reactions were better than expected. There were many many positive comments after the broadcast, it made me very happy but on another hand, it made me feel the stress as well. I kept on thinking " What should I do to meet their expectations?"  Don't know if I can satisfy the viewers, I filmed crazily and fiercely. 
To be honest, in the beginning, I did not know I will be acting as the character of "Gu Wol Ryung". I just got the invitation for "Gu family book" and after reading the synopsis I felt the story was very interesting. I'm not saying this because I am acting in the drama, I can say it confidently that this drama is the best amongst others playing at the same time.
I officially became worried after giving me the rold of Gu Wol Ryung. It is such a creative character. I felt lost because I did not know how to portray a male Gumiho. Even after watching the whole series of "Twilight" I still cannot get a feel of the role. It was also because western culture is different and it would be too forceful to try to portray something like that (Edward) to my Gumiho role.
From a moment I thought to myself not to rely on trying to get a feel from others. I should be best if I try to create this character bymyself. After this idea, I started to have an image of how Gu Wol Ryung should be like.  You guys have no idea how worried I was that I was not going to be able to portray the pure and innocent Gu Wol Ryung. But to my surpprise, many liked it. I feel really lucky, to me, this became a huge encouragement. 
tumblr_mpw1l7yXR61rvgn4zo1_1280.jpg

I felt very embarrassed with all the praises, especially getting praises from people around me. Being a part of "Gu Family Book" is the luckiest thing in my acting career so far. But there are also other characters, I feel apologetic towards others by getting so many undeserved praises. (what do u mean undeserved! You deserved everything!)

# Father and son "Lee Seung Gi", what is the difference?
Our "Gu Family Book" team get along very well. All the Sunbaes are very good, they can precisely capture the main point. Oh by the way, I heard something interesting recently. Someone (I cannot reveal the true identity ^^) said  after looking at Seung Gi and I " Dad looks like a wolf but son is very cute. 
Many asked the difference between Gu Wol Ryung and Choi Kangchi. For me, I acted the role of a mystical creature, so I had less human emotions. Choi Kangchi on the other hand had many human emotions. In contrast with dark WolRung, Kangchi is much brighter/optimistic.
I have seen Seung Gi through variety shows such "Strong Heart"  and others before, this is the first time acting together. He is a very passionate person. he is the kind that will try he hardest no matter what the circumstances, it is very good ^^ When watching the shows I felt that he was a very interesting and fun person and an amazing actor. 
tumblr_mpw1l7yXR61rvgn4zo7_r1_1280.jpg

Even though Suzy is still young, she is very professional. Even though filming is very tiresome but she never shows a sign of fatigue. She must be exhausted from all of her busy schedules. Sometimes you can only see her taking a snooze when she doesn't have a scene to film. Even though she is very famous, she is still very humble ^^
Because my role is not continous in the drama, so I did not participate all the way during filming. It was very unfortunate that I couldn't get to know everyone more.  I wish I could participate fro beginning until end. But I feel very happy just to be a part of this work. ^^
# Encouter with "Gu Family Book" at Edge of the Cliff
Truthfully I was thinking of quitting acting if I do not get recognition from "Gu Family Book" Even though I have not shown spetecular acting yet, but I was going give up acting if I do not get any feedback after this. 
It's been 7 years since I debuted. I had many hard times, even the though of death came across my mind during really hard times. Even though I received praises after "I Need Romance" but it was still not enough. I was still hearing alot of comments like  "Who is he?". So I really disliked going to VIP premiers. 
tumblr_mpw1l7yXR61rvgn4zo2_1280.jpg

Of course I did not just want people to recognize my face only. I just started to have the regret and thought "What have I been doing all these time. During that time due to stress, I often had headache and suffered from insomnia. During that time, I could only sleep about 1-2 hours a day. 
After this period of pain and suffering, the character of "Gu Wol Ryung" came knocking at my door. I discussed with sunbaes whom I am close to as well as officials from Gu family book how I can effectively portray the role of Gu Wol Ryung. I placed alot of stress on myself. 
Recently I went back on set due to comeback of WR. director Shin Woo Cheol was very surpprised and I was welcomed by everyone. I am very thankful to get such a warm welcome from the director. And many other actors expressed their jealousy by saying "Are you just going to welcome Wol Ryung"

It is very intense on set of filming. Everyone worked very hard, espcially all the staff members. It is very hot in the morning but became very cold at night. From assistant director to maknae everyone suffered alot. I am very thankful towards them. But there are not many chance for me to repay them, I can only sign autographs for Maknae's friends. I could only say thank you now, because I couldnt properly express my gratitude towards everyone on set since I felt embarrased. ^^
tumblr_mpw1l7yXR61rvgn4zo4_1280.jpg

The work of a lifetime "Gu Family Book" I will never forget it!  Even though not many episode are left, but everyone will still watch until the end right? Don't know how everyone thinks.. but I just went on and on about "Gu Family Book" Everyone will still continue to love "Choi Jin Hyuk" right? (me: YESS!!!!)
After the filming of "Gu Family Book" I will appear in Writer Kim Eun Suk's drama "Heirs". I feel very honour to be able to meet everyone again through the tv screen. I am very lucky. Even though I still have alot to improve, I hope everyone will like it.
Now, Lets stop my story here. Although my writing skill is poor, but I still think there are things here worthy of reading. ^^ Hope to see everyone next time with more good news, let's say "goodbye" here now. I wish everyone happiness~!
tumblr_mpw1l7yXR61rvgn4zo3_1280.jpg

(words on signature card: Thank You for everyone who read my story until the end ^^ Please give "actor Choi Jin Hyuk" lots of love in the future. Thank you everyone always. I wish everyone eternal health and hapiness! )
-----------------
Original Source: Naver Star ColumnCr: Kimcunmae of 崔振赫百度 for Chinese translationEnglish Translation Mishiellie of CJH Soompi--------------You are very awesome actor! I look forward to watch all your movies or dramas. 

Guest Mishiellie

@kdfv HELLO!!! i believe this is the first time i am seeing you on this thread right???

WELCOME!!!! and thank you for visiting ^___^

Guest JAYwalkers

‘Gu Family Book’ star Choi Jin hyuk returns to the public through magazine

Write: 2013-07-23

qz8s97v56dkvgk17t1v1fzam127sz7dg.png

[by Cho Suyoun] Actor Choi Jin hyun met up with fashion magazine ELLE for pictorials and interview that will be printed in August edition.
Choi Jin hyuk, who showed impressive act in a recent series ‘Gu Family Book’ returned to the public with fashion pictorials and interview. Choi first publicized himself through series ‘Pasta’ and ‘I need a romance’ then became popular by taking a role ‘Gu Wol lyung’ in recently ended drama ‘Gu Family Book.’
In the interview with an editor from fashion magazine ELLE, Choi answered to the question ‘What are the charms of his role Gu Wol lyung.’ He said, “Don’t you think he is very manly that Gu wants to age with just one woman he loves? He is an wolf-man that can live forever but gave up his life for his lover. I think this pure childlike charms appealed to the audience.” A few days ago, Choi Jin hyuk was selected in a new expected series ‘Inheritors’ that is written by hit writer Kim Eun sook who also wrote ‘Lovers in Paris’ and ‘A Gentleman’s Dignity. Choi will play CEO of the biggest group in Korea and half-brother of actor Lee Min ho, who will be accompanying with Choi Jin hyuk in the series. As many audiences are expecting to see the new work of Kim Eun sook, Choi said he is also very excited to play an interesting role in Kim's drama.
The future of a rising star Choi Jin hyuk seems to get brighter as he is beloved by the public year by year. His full pictorials and interview can be found in magazine ELLE that was released on July 20. (photo by ELLE Korea)  
cr bntnews

Thank you, Mishiellie.  Yes, I just knew CJH after I watched Gu Family Book. He is totally awesome actor and his voice is also wonderful. I can't wait to see him next dramas or movies. 

Guest El6ni12 .

anannanann said: @El6ni12 Over here, LTE is just beginning. It cover in very small area and data rate (price) is quite high. Now, no need to buy the receiver in LTE. So, our tech geek group all use HTC ONE in black.  B-)
PS. I think HTC ONE design is more beautiful. LOL

Guest El6ni12 .

@mishiellie & @yuuqiikeke : Thank you for the GIFs!..... and creating "CJH's necktie" images in my mind   :\">

@annasophiabby & @mishiellie: Yay for Canada! I visit Vancouver and Toronto to visit old friends and some family once a year. I honestly fell in love with the winter season there. (What am I thinking right?) Because since I live in California, the days of winter are so short that I don't have enough time to enjoy wearing my boots, long coats, beanies, scarves, cashmere, snowboarding.. HHAHAA I would have travel to the mountains and lakes to enjoy winter. I love when dramas are based in the fall/winter season because I just adore their outfits! sigh.

Guest annasophiabby

El6ni12 . said: @mishiellie & @yuuqiikeke : Thank you for the GIFs!..... and creating "CJH's necktie" images in my mind   :\">

@annasophiabby & @mishiellie: Yay for Canada! I visit Vancouver and Toronto to visit old friends and some family once a year. I honestly fell in love with the winter season there. (What am I thinking right?) Because since I live in California, the days of winter are so short that I don't have enough time to enjoy wearing my boots, long coats, beanies, scarves, cashmere, snowboarding.. HHAHAA I would have travel to the mountains and lakes to enjoy winter. I love when dramas are based in the fall/winter season because I just adore their outfits! sigh.

Guest annasophiabby

JAYwalkers said:

‘Gu Family Book’ star Choi Jin hyuk returns to the public through magazine

Write: 2013-07-23

qz8s97v56dkvgk17t1v1fzam127sz7dg.png

[by Cho Suyoun] Actor Choi Jin hyun met up with fashion magazine ELLE for pictorials and interview that will be printed in August edition.
Choi Jin hyuk, who showed impressive act in a recent series ‘Gu Family Book’ returned to the public with fashion pictorials and interview. Choi first publicized himself through series ‘Pasta’ and ‘I need a romance’ then became popular by taking a role ‘Gu Wol lyung’ in recently ended drama ‘Gu Family Book.’
In the interview with an editor from fashion magazine ELLE, Choi answered to the question ‘What are the charms of his role Gu Wol lyung.’ He said, “Don’t you think he is very manly that Gu wants to age with just one woman he loves? He is an wolf-man that can live forever but gave up his life for his lover. I think this pure childlike charms appealed to the audience.” A few days ago, Choi Jin hyuk was selected in a new expected series ‘Inheritors’ that is written by hit writer Kim Eun sook who also wrote ‘Lovers in Paris’ and ‘A Gentleman’s Dignity. Choi will play CEO of the biggest group in Korea and half-brother of actor Lee Min ho, who will be accompanying with Choi Jin hyuk in the series. As many audiences are expecting to see the new work of Kim Eun sook, Choi said he is also very excited to play an interesting role in Kim's drama.
The future of a rising star Choi Jin hyuk seems to get brighter as he is beloved by the public year by year. His full pictorials and interview can be found in magazine ELLE that was released on July 20. (photo by ELLE Korea)  
cr bntnews

Guest El6ni12 .

annasophiabby said: El6ni12 . said: @mishiellie & @yuuqiikeke : Thank you for the GIFs!..... and creating "CJH's necktie" images in my mind   :\">

Guest annasophiabby

El6ni12 . said: annasophiabby said: El6ni12 . said: @mishiellie & @yuuqiikeke : Thank you for the GIFs!..... and creating "CJH's necktie" images in my mind   :\">