Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

10 hours ago, booha said:

Happy Chuseok

Tunnel  Park Gwang-Ho

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this. Today (September 13) marks the start of the Chuseok harvest holiday. HAPPY CHUSEOK! I wonder where is CJH going to celebrate this occasion..... :P

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• booha changed the title to Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 |
On 9/4/2019 at 10:26 AM, booha said:

@flutterby06

Yeah I’m thinking about VIP too but no firm commitment yet.   Btw actually  I got sucked into c-drama(historical) and spent many weeks like a walking zombie. hehe   Binge watching c-dramas (50 – 70 eps per a drama) really made me test my sanity. :sweatingbullets:   Especially it was hard because a historical c-drama has very long dialogues and I have to pause long to read subs.      Luckily I finished watching most popular ones just before Justice started and thankfully none of the new dramas is interesting enough to attract me yet.  I now have my normal life. haha  Still I couldn’t believe how good those historical c-dramas are

I never watched Chinese Historicals.. I even tend to avoid Korean Saeguk dramas. I mostly stick to korean drama but I do sometimes watch modern c-drama. I know Chinese historical dramas are very popular I watched Scarlet heart Korean remake and I enjoyed it very much. I only watched few Saeguk. I remember I left Gu Family Book in the middle. :P The actors were good (CJH's storyline was interesting) but somehow I lost interest in the middle.

Spoiler

I enjoyed some of the modern cdrama very much, specially their youth based/ school drama. But I think many c-drama most of the time mess up with ending.. I mean sometimes the drama is amazing but the ending is just blunt/half done (like The Interpreter, I loved the lead chemistry so very much). I recently watched 'Here to Heart', I liked it a lot. I was in mood for a Melodrama and I got exactly that from that one except those boring side characters I fast forwarded. I found the leads' acing individually as well as combinedly awesome. 

I watched last episode of justice. I kind of don't know how to wrap up my thoughts around the ending. Another suicide is not what I was expecting. But I must appreciate the cast. CJH finally completed another drama, working very hard. Hope he gets to take a rest before he pick the next one. And CJH, DEFINITELY NOT COMPLAINING but can we get something SWEET?  :P

• Like 2

@booha @willenette guys howdy? been absent here & so glad his drama ratings were good & it's wrapped! good for him & hope nxt proj will be rom/com! like i said prev i didn't continue watching this one but i'm dtermined to re-start it one of these days! :) thx u guys for your hard work here N am sure he'll be happy only if he knew there are some dedicated fans on soompi who continue to support him tirelessly!:heart:

take care ya all & belated Happy Chuseok to CJH his family and all in that beautiful country SK!

background-happy-korean-chuseok_23-21482

• Like 2

7 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@booha @willenette guys howdy? been absent here & so glad his drama ratings were good & it's wrapped! good for him & hope nxt proj will be rom/com! like i said prev i didn't continue watching this one but i'm dtermined to re-start it one of these days! :) thx u guys for your hard work here N am sure he'll be happy only if he knew there are some dedicated fans on soompi who continue to support him tirelessly!:heart:

take care ya all & belated Happy Chuseok to CJH his family and all in that beautiful country SK!

Hi hibiscus, so NICE to see you around here................. We miss you! :P

• Like 1

@flutterby06

Well I always like a historical drama so finding a new genre like wuxia gave me so much pleasure except such long eps.  At the moment I haven’t checked out other types of c-drama yet.   So  Viki has Here to Heart & just read a synopsis  & I might check it out later.  
Oh yes I noticed too about c-drama’s unpredictable and unpleasant ending. hahaha   I read all of the rants about c-drama endings in soompi.  Maybe the Chinese writers think we the viewers feel cheated if the ending has a simple happily-live-ever-after?  :P

Yes it’s more preferable if CJH would pick some sweet romance  but…   

@hibiscus23

Hi chingu  well Justice isn’t for the mass audience so if it didn’t grab your hand passionately, then it wasn’t meant for you right??   I didn’t feel emotional like I did with Tunnel but I liked the way the writer created the interesting ensemble from the main characters.  take care  :blush:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, booha said:

Oh yes I noticed too about c-drama’s unpredictable and unpleasant ending. hahaha   I read all of the rants about c-drama endings in soompi.  Maybe the Chinese writers think we the viewers feel cheated if the ending has a simple happily-live-ever-after?  :P

ha ha..that's probably what it is.. :P because sometimes ending are totally ridiculous enough to make one think why they spent such amount of time for an ending like that!

If you want to watch sweet modern c-drama, I recommend Put Your Head On MY Shoulder.

CJH looking too fine in suits as usual..

EEyOcGcUwAAXn-r.jpg

Found this picture of Justce cast today..a nice one.

EEQjiaMVUAA5IgQ.png

And the sad expectant look from Tae Kyung though...

EEMIIyxUEAAZtuC.png

Saw someone complaining in twitter.. lol...

https://twitter.com/k0mely/status/1171789292919590915

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, flutterby06 said:

ha ha..that's probably what it is.. :P because sometimes ending are totally ridiculous enough to make one think why they spent such amount of time for an ending like that!

If you want to watch sweet modern c-drama, I recommend Put Your Head On MY Shoulder.

Saw someone complaining in twitter.. lol...

https://twitter.com/k0mely/status/1171789292919590915

Hi flutterbyKorean dramas have their fair share of sad endings; they also have their fair share of disappointing endings that left fans annoyed.  There are those whose endings are better left unwatched.  Not EVERY drama ends in happily ever after.  Too many times, we get wrapped up in an enticing story only to find a disappointing conclusion that leaves us feeling confused & displeased. I can't say much about C-drama since I'm not really so fond of watching them. :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, willenette said:

Hi flutterbyKorean dramas have their fair share of sad endings; they also have their fair share of disappointing endings that left fans annoyed.  There are those whose endings are better left unwatched.  Not EVERY drama ends in happily ever after.  Too many times, we get wrapped up in an enticing story only to find a disappointing conclusion that leaves us feeling confused & displeased. I can't say much about C-drama since I'm not really so fond of watching them. :P

hello @willenette.

Yeah I know.. Sometime K-drama also don't have much of an impactful ending.

Though I'll root more for happy ending, sometimes (depending on the story) don't have any problem with reasonable sadness in the ending. For example Cheese In The Trap and Marriage contact are such drama where you crave for a bit more beyond the sadness but you love how it ended optimistically anyways. At least in my case I loved them..even clapped the writer for such idea. There are also dramas where despite the tragic ending I absolutely loved it such as Bridal Mask.

But the c drama endings I'm complaining don't really have sad ending. They're over all good drama but when it ends it looks like that writer was tired of writing and gave up on ending. That's kind of disappointing- a good drama leaving a bad or blunt after taste because of meh ending. I don't really know how to differentiate disappointed k-drama ending vs. c-drama ending but let's just say these c-dramas mess up their ending more than k-drama. :lol:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

hello @willenette.

Yeah I know.. Sometime K-drama also don't have much of an impactful ending.

Though I'll root more for happy ending, sometimes (depending on the story) don't have any problem with reasonable sadness in the ending. For example Cheese In The Trap and Marriage contact are such drama where you crave for a bit more beyond the sadness but you love how it ended optimistically anyways. At least in my case I loved them..even clapped the writer for such idea. There are also dramas where despite the tragic ending I absolutely loved it such as Bridal Mask.

But the c drama endings I'm complaining don't really have sad ending. They're over all good drama but when it ends it looks like that writer was tired of writing and gave up on ending. That's kind of disappointing- a good drama leaving a bad or blunt after taste because of meh ending. I don't really know how to differentiate disappointed k-drama ending vs. c-drama ending but let's just say these c-dramas mess up their ending more than k-drama. :lol:

Hi flutterby, I'm a sucker for happy-ending dramas. Thanks for explaining things about C-dramas since as I've said earlier, I'm not really fond of watching them...... :P

• Like 1

@flutterby06

I found MV- Put Your Head On MY Shoulder in soompi.    As someone said it is a soft and tender love story.   I like these two leads in MV.  They seem to have natural lighthearted chemistry.  I need this kind of drama when my head shouts for bubble bath time. haha :P

• Love 1

7 Underrated Rom-Com K-Dramas You Might Have Missed

So much romance, so little time. Every year, more and more amazing romantic K-dramas pile up on our to-watch lists, unwatched. We find ourselves distracted by the shiny, buzzy dramas that everyone’s GIF-ing, and we forget about that sweet little show that once looked so promising.

Often, it’s these unassuming little shows that are most rewarding to watch once we finally give them a chance. But who has the time to sift through a million obscure dramas in the hope that something decent will show up? For your convenience, here’s a little cheat sheet: seven underrated dramas that are worth that free weekend.

Warning: tiny spoilers ahead

1. “Devilish Joy

What do you get when you throw together Choi Jin Hyuk, Song Ha Yoon, and a big old heaping pile of Truck of Doom-induced amnesia?

Choi-Jin-Hyuk-Song-Ha-Yoon-Devilish-Joy.

A male lead of the tall and deep-voiced variety was always going to make a cute pairing with tiny, squeaky Song Ha Yoon, and thankfully these two have chemistry in spades. Throw in Lee Ho Won (Hoya) and Lee Joo Yeon being utterly extra as the second leads, and we’ve got ourselves a laugh-out-loud comedy to stay in all day with. Bonus points for hilariously inaccurate neuroscience.

Hoya-Devilish-Joy.gif

Check out the first episode of “Devilish Joy”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Love 2

CJH worked with PD Kim Ga Ram in 'Devilish Joy'.  I guess that’s why CJH made a special appearance in ‘Flower Crew’  which PD KGR currently is directing.

(translation)

(starlight falling ~♪) 'a noble man' (Choi Jin Hyuk) appears in the southeast ♡_♡  (FlowerCrew) EP5

Seoyun: bi-na-i-da (비나이다)(I wish/pray),  seo-bang-nim (서방님)(husband/ dear)
(006) noble man:You seem to have a fervent/earnest wish
(023)((singing)) starlight falling down    Sharal Lalala La ----
(030) voice of shaman:  Go to the Seonangdang and pray earnestly day and night.
Then a nobleman who appears in the southeast will be sent to help your family back up.

IEEH94P.gif

Spoiler

3jpWhJO.gif

2ie9v81.gif

jJACAbL.gif

5u54WLa.gif

gg7iXNM.gif

cr to DC

• Like 1
  • Love 1