Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

EVENT Alert!: Game: Guess the drama Part 2

chingus, the gossip lovers EO are back with another set of blinds based on the juiciest gossips we heard from the Kdrama world. Let's see if you can guess the dramas based on blinds 

:hooray:

Your friendly neighborhood and resident Event Organizers,

@Lmangla @partyon @Sleepy Owl

--- 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, booha said:

@Min2206

The pictures are from the Zombie Detective script reading.  So he had Zombie black hair.  Yeah I feel lucky there is a talented dc fan who can make great photos of CJH’s.

Oppa looked really great in black hair. :love:

4f23b47503a778d12148fae79aaa7555.gif&f=1

It seems his natural hair color is dark brown.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Ohh, dark brown heh

Cool !   Thank you @partyon

I am not 100% sure, but for the most part his hair color has been a very dark brown.

Until I watched Zombie Detective, I hadn't seen him in black hair before.

It suited him really well though, and completed the zombie look! :kiss_wink: 

960x0.jpg?cropX1=0&cropX2=1002&cropY1=2&

Come to think of it, his hair was also quite dark in Mr. Queen

Mr.-Queen-Episode-20-Choi-Jinhyuk-1024x5

Hmmmm....? Can anyone confirm his natural hair color is dark brown?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

29 minutes ago, partyon said:

I am not 100% sure, but for the most part his hair color has been a very dark brown.

Until I watched Zombie Detective, I hadn't seen him in black hair before.

It suited him really well though, and completed the zombie look! :kiss_wink: 

Come to think of it, his hair was also quite dark in Mr. Queen

Hmmmm....? Can anyone confirm his natural hair color is dark brown?

No worries, @partyon
I am not questioning nor doubting you.
Whether Zoppa has dark brown or black hair, there is hair, hahahahha!

He is allgood.    Is he still golfing?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

@partyon  @Min2206

Omg over the years I have watched his hair in different colors but never once wondered about his real hair color  lol :tounge_xd:

Okay his childhood photos show he has black hair. :glasses:

Yes thank god he still has a plenty of hair hahaha  Qw6zsr1.gif

uuAQ13J.jpgZmxa4FB.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/kdramawow/posts/1199673630213765

K-drama WoW

CHOI JIN HYUK Childhood Photos vs. Now
What do you think? A lot changed right?

hV6qmMu.jpg

Spoiler

zkbNMkG.jpg

FwyRrlu.jpg

AlAJsp0.jpg

1WZz9kp.jpg

IhdBsc7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

I have to say, again, he was really cute as a kid. Not all actors have such adorable childhood photos, even if they grew into handsome adults. Choi Jin Hyuk's been good-looking all along, which is actually quite rare. Kinda makes you want to have a kid, doesn't it? Not easy raising a boy, but if he turns out anything like Choi Jin Hyuk, it would all be worth it. 

By the way, there's something I wanted to say, even if it's useless at this point: I really miss how he used to look, up till around Pasta. I miss his cute face and that cute nose in particular. Back then, his eyes were the first thing you noticed. Now, the first thing you notice is his nose. I think for an actor, the eyes are more important than the nose, anyways. I think he had a really nice nose to begin with. It hurts me to think what kind of pressure made him want to change it in any way. Now, the balance shifted more towards his nose. It takes the focus away from his emotive eyes, which is a shame, because for an actor, eyes are the main focus point. Anyways, as I mentioned, there's no point to talk about his nose now. Since it can't be changed back anymore. But just some thoughts about actors, the screen, and cosmetic surgery. In general, my opinion is that the screen is very unforgiving towards cosmetic surgery, and surgeons are not artists - their work is not artistic. They may give you an "ideal" nose, but it may look unnatural on your face and throw off the delicate balance of your features. So I think it's better to stick with what you got if you want to be an actor. You don't need a perfect nose to be a good actor. Actually, I think the actors we know who have the ideal perfect noses aren't always the best actors. Actors should not do anything to their faces, especially the nose - it's too risky to mess with something so important. The natural, no matter how "imperfect" is still vastly better than the "perfect" nose made by some individual who went to med school - not art school - at least on the screen. What do y'all think? Thanks for reading, as always :) 

edit: because this is a sensitive subject, I would like to apologize for offending any readers who went to med school and/or have experience with cosmetic procedures. I didn't mean to put you down. actually, the surgeon who worked on his nose did a pretty good job. I mean, it's not bad looking at all. you can even say it looks better than before. but there are times I can still tell it's unnatural, that's just me. I have a critical eye, I guess. I can't help it. and being able to tell is distracting. I prefer the natural, imperfect aesthetics of the nose his mama gave him. It's boring if every actor had the same looking nose. I'm getting a little tired of the sharp, high-bridged look anyways. I think the nose he had was beautiful and I can't help but miss it sometimes and feel sad that he had to change it. I realize that he became the breadwinner in his family when he was young, so he must have felt a great deal of pressure to get ahead. And so some things that were precious had to be sacrificed in order to advance in his career. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

• Wiggle 2

On 4/26/2021 at 6:55 AM, booha said:

@partyon  @Min2206

Omg over the years I have watched his hair in different colors but never once wondered about his real hair color  lol

Okay his childhood photos show he has black hair.
Yes thank god he still has a plenty of hair hahaha 

CHOI JIN HYUK Childhood Photos vs. Now
What do you think? A lot changed right?

@Min2206 @booha

Aigoo... It's hard to say. He definitely had very dark hair as a child - black I guess.

Is it possible for hair colors to change?

I know a lot of people who have been blonde when they were kids but gotten darker hair as they have become adults....

Is it possible for people of Asian heritage to go the other way? From dark to lighter? :joy:

Pardon my ignorance here.

Hide Reaction GIF by flor

In any case, thankfully oppa has a full set of hair. At least for now. :loolz:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

@partyon

Yes I too heard about the change of one’s hair color ( ie a light blond turns into a darker tone) as one grows up, but I didn’t pay much attention to it till reading your comment.
PS it seems there is no change with black hair during one’s growing up but we know aging makes it go grey (and for some, white)  :nomeme:

According to the handy google buddy;
(Q/A) Why do blondes go dark?
Hair color is made by a pigment called melanin, which hair follicles produce. Follicles are structures in the skin that make and grow hair. With aging, the follicles make less melanin, and this causes the color to darken and then turn to gray. ... My hair is a natural golden blonde and is turning brown and brassy.

Human hair color:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_hair_color

Spoiler

Hair color is the pigmentation of hair follicles due to two types of melanin: eumelanin and pheomelanin.

Generally, if more melanin is present, the color of the hair is darker; if less melanin is present, the hair is lighter.

The tone of the hair is dependent on the ratio of black or brown eumelanin to yellow or red pheomelanin.

Levels of melanin can vary over time causing a person's hair color to change, and it is possible to have hair follicles of more than one color on the same person.

Some hair colors are associated with some ethnic groups due to observed higher frequency of particular hair color within their geographical region, e.g. straight dark hair amongst East Asians, a large variety of dark, light, curly, wavy and bushy hair amongst Europeans, curly, dark, and uniquely helical hair with Africans, whilst gray, white hair or "silver", is often associated with age and wisdom.

bhzxVld.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

3 hours ago, booha said:

@partyon

Yes I too heard about the change of one’s hair color ( ie a light blond turns into a darker tone) as one grows up, but I didn’t pay much attention to it till reading your comment.
PS it seems there is no change with black hair during one’s growing up but we know aging makes it go grey (and for some, white)  

According to the handy google buddy;
(Q/A) Why do blondes go dark?
Hair color is made by a pigment called melanin, which hair follicles produce. Follicles are structures in the skin that make and grow hair. With aging, the follicles make less melanin, and this causes the color to darken and then turn to gray. ... My hair is a natural golden blonde and is turning brown and brassy.

Agree with the dark hair turning to grey / white for Asians ... hahaha!   Thanks for the detailed info @booha
Wow, you have natural golden blonde

this one?

Spoiler

Best Shades of Golden Blonde hair Colors You Must Try in 2019 | Stylezco

:D

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

@Min2206

haha chingu I’m a Korean living in the us.  My hair isn’t quite as black as CJH’s. It’s darker brown. Sorry It seems my comment gave you a wrong impression. I know some Asians can handle blonde well but not me.   Yeah there is no chance that blonde hair will ever grace my crown in my life time. haha :joy:

Scx7rMV.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

On 5/1/2021 at 6:51 AM, booha said:

@Min2206

haha chingu I’m a Korean living in the us.  My hair isn’t quite as black as CJH’s. It’s darker brown. Sorry It seems my comment gave you a wrong impression. I know some Asians can handle blonde well but not me.   Yeah there is no chance that blonde hair will ever grace my crown in my life time. haha :joy:

So, that explains why you're able to translate all those news snippets of our favorite oppa!

awesome pop tv GIF by Sing It On

Yeah, I think it will be hard for you to grow blonde hair, though. :joy:

So, I am just wondering about oppa's hair.. If he's naturally black haired, was that his natural hair color in Zombie Detective and Mr. Queen....?

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

And if it was, why does he keep coloring it brown? Oppa, your hair texture will go bad from the coloring!

Also, oppa, you look really handsome in black hair :love:

• Blob 1

54 minutes ago, booha said:

@partyon

Yes knowing the language is more fun as a fan. :blush: 

For an actor, looks is everything.  I don’t think he can worry too much about messing his hair.   Besides he has to change his appearance to fit the character. :relieved:

FTLY

https://twitter.com/justnarassi/status/1301873040377159680

Whoa, his hair colour - so unlike Zoppa! 
Did he put on weight a bit?  or is it just me?

• Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

@Min2206

A good observation  There seems to be an extra pound on his cheeks.:tounge_xd:  Maybe it’s from the lighting and the camera angle.:innocent:  ‘Fated To Love You’ was aired in 2014.  I googled FTLY to see how JHssi looked in the drama. Well in some photos he looked a bit cheeky but in other ones, less…   I can tell he looks different a bit but it’s hard to say exactly about what it is through photos.  :sleeping::sleepy:

d0qDBfl.jpg

iMBbcTT.png

skdlPYW.jpg

Spoiler

1KKtggz.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1