Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

Did you all know he was hospitalized??? OMG... :(

Hope he recovers soon....

http://www.soompi.com/2015/06/16/choi-jin-hyuk-suffers-injury-during-military-service/

Choi Jin Hyuk Suffers Injury During Military Service

Actor Choi Jin Hyuk enlisted to complete his military service last March 31. After receiving initial training he became an active-duty soldier. Unfortunately, the actor suffered a knee injury during drills. He is currently hospitalized.

A representative from the actor’s agency Red Brick House stated, “Choi Jin Hyuk suffered a knee injury during training. He went to the hospital to get his knee treated. However, he was told that he needed surgery so he received surgery last week. He is currently receiving treatment at a hospital.”

The representative continued, “Even before entering the military, his knee was not in good condition. It is regrettable to share news of his injury when he had been participating in military life in a positive fashion. We hope he will recover and return to his military service soon.”

Choi Jin Hyuk is expected to be discharged from the army on December 30, 2016.

Source (1)(2)  

(1) http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0000707028

(2) http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110179166

booha, thanks for sharing more. I hope CJH would feel better soon! Poor him! This is the worst news a fan can hear. I wonder what actually happened. Well, live and learn, Oppa! :)

• Like 2

*** As far as I know knee injuries tend to recur and may require corrective surgery if you feel pain from time to time. I heard that it continued to cause him pain after he injured his knee during military drills. He had already finished his five weeks of basic training and was serving as an active duty soldier when the injury happened. He is still confined in a hospital. There is no word on how long he can expect to be hospitalized or whether he will be able to resume active duty. Wait & see.......I hope he could return to his military service soon. I read before that he had the option of enlisting in the promotional unit of Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency. However, he declined to accept this special enlistment term, which would have been less physically demanding, and chose instead to serve his mandatory enlistment in active duty. National Defense Ministry rules state that an injured soldier can take medical leave of up to one month with possible extensions depending on the patient's condition. :sweatingbullets:

Choi Jin Hyuk Currently Recuperating from Knee Surgery

Choi Jin Hyuk has received knee surgery.

A rep from Choi Jin Hyuk′s agency, Red Brick House, told Newsen on June 16 "Choi Jin Hyuk received knee surgery, and he′s currently hospitalized while we monitor his condition."

Choi Jin Hyuk Currently Recuperating from Knee Surgery

Choi Jin Hyuk reportedly injured his knee in the army. The rep stated, "His knee wasn′t in great condition to begin with, and he said the pain worsened during training. After getting a check-up, it was worse than we thought, so he swiftly received surgery last week."

The rep continued, "Fortunately, it wasn′t a major injury. His return comes first, so he′s focusing on getting better."

Choi Jin Hyuk enlisted in the army as an active duty soldier on March 31.

Photo credit: Newsen / enews

• Like 4

@willenette    You have no idea how glad I was to hear more info from you.  I’m glad to hear the military can provide him some recovery time.  You know SK are very sensitive about such things like early medical discharge.  I feel CJH has to finish his MS. Otherwise his future career might be very uncertain.   As long as a knee injury isn’t severe, it can be recovered.  But the important thing is that it needs time to recover fully which can vary from person to person.    At this point I just have to remember ‘RBH said “Fortunately it wasn’t a major injury.”’    BTW  I heard one of fans living in Daejoun saying the school opens either today /tomorrow so she is relived but still worried at the same time since she is a mom.   It means the virus must be contained at some level.   Thank you for the articles. 

Our Hyukssi,  somewhere..  tMhYX9.gif

bzAO1Xm.png

6spqEPt.gif

cr to DC

• Like 3

Prior to the news of the unfortunate incident about him, I had been wondering what his current situation is, hoping he is happy, safe, and sound. And then the news came---it was saddening. Praying for Jin Hyuk-sshi's fast recovery. Injury to the bone is pretty nasty. Hurt my left scaphoid some years ago and although the injury was minimal, it was so painful. Anyway, hi fellow Hyuk Hyuk girls. Thanks for your posts and recent updates.

Edited by macaronsandsakuratea
  • Like 3

Guest chaybags55

Hello there @macaronsandsakuratea thanks for dropping by btw your name sounds familiar. I read your comment in  the drama cool, My unfortunate boyfriend .I watched that drama too. THo you like No min woo but Choi jin hyuk is still number 1 in your heart. same here chingu , tho I watched other dramas while waiting for CJH . No one comes close , he is still number one in my heart too!! 

Praying he will recover soon!

Edited by chaybags55

If anyone who could have contact with Hyukssi, it should be her.   So when I read her response about him, I felt perhaps she talked to him or his manager and knew his condition?? I know some of you know who she is.  

Spoiler

In conjunction with a latest article,  it’s possible that Hyukssi is doing okay.   If he is fine (as she said), it’s really good news.   Still he could feel unsure or insecure from what happened to him.  I hope Hyukssi girls with an IG account would visit frequently his IG and leave postings. I don’t think there is a limit to how many times a fan can post or how often.    Whenever I checked his IG, I felt so warm from reading all those concerned and well wished postings.    I’m sure he would feel the same way. Probably he shed a few tears. We know he is a bit soft hearted.   Hopefully he has received many cards from his fans.  There were a couple postings which I thought very endearing because some fans posted in google translated Korean.   I don’t know if it’s Korean language but the google translated Korean made me smile because it sounded endearing and very sweet. Possible if it was a regular long letter, it could sound a bit disjointed but with a short line, the comment sounded sweet.  

@chaybags55    I just checked out dramacool.  thanks   NMH   Yes I remember liking him in full-house. About his latest one(MyUB)  I stopped after ep1 but I will try it again later.  It seemed interesting.   Take care

@macaronsandsakuratea    Hi chingu   thank you for your concern.  However I don’t think his knee injury was about a bone fracture.   But whatever the knee injury  was, hopefully he will recover soon.     PS  omg  Daniel Pitt!!   I just love their expressions     huhuuu   :w00t:

tLdjD5m.gif

568Ys21.jpg

V2A8rxn.jpg

:D:rolleyes::wub:       2XXhNcg.gif

aXqxmuj.jpg

cr to DC

• Like 3

@booha

Ooh. Apologies about that. My brain is a bit addled lately and as to his injury, I immediately concluded it directly involved the knee cap/patella when it could have been trauma to its surrounding muscles or ligaments. Anyway, nice to meet you too, chingu. :) Glad you liked the .gif. That dream sequence in Fated to Love You is my favourite. Jin Hyuk-sshi, so handsome and virile.  :wub: Thanks, BTW, for your insightful info into his well-being. Venus is so lucky if she indeed is in direct correspondence with him. Take care, y'all. And get well soon, Jin Hyuk-sshi. We'll keep on praying for your speedy recovery.

• Like 3

Today I read good news about Hyuki in the CJH HK fan group site.  It sounds like he is definitely recovering and at some point he will be discharged from the hospital. Hooray!!  However my celebratory mood lasted only a few minutes. I sincerely hope when he leaves the hospital, it is because he has recovered fully and not because he feels any outside pressure or other reasons. I know some knee injuries can be treated with surgery but the repeated injury can be a different thing.  If one is lucky,  a repeated surgery might work.  But if not, a second injury can lead to permanent damage. I hope he gets  good advice from a doctor.    We know Hyuki was accepted to the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency.   It was the outside pressure which made him to cancel it and to sign into the army even though he knew he had a knee problem. 

Please read more about the latest info  in the CJH HK Fan Group: https://www.facebook.com/choijinhyuk.hkfangroup?fref=nf

UVG9NNR.jpg

• Like 3

@willenette    If you are watching FTLY (2014) now, could it mean there is  a temporary drought in the kdrama land.  Previously I had high expectations about several dramas and  I was eager to watch them but none of them turned into great/good at least.   Now I’m waiting for the next batch of new dramas.   However FTLY is a very good drama.  If I’m not mistaken, its PD(s) was preparing for it since the drama was a big hit in Taiwan.   So he had a lot time to prepare and it showed.  It also indicated this production company had a lot of investment money to start with. Possibly CJH signed on this drama because he was offered some sort of a drama CF.   CJH got a contract from Daniel Cremiex  for Heirs and  L’UOMO for FTLY. I don’t know why he couldn’t get more CFs after his big break with GFB.  It may be his age or his looks??   If he had more CFs, possibly he didn’t have to appear in other dramas as a side liner.  Still it has been nice to see him in so many fancy outfits.  PS I don’t know whether you know this: FTLY has many parodies. At the moment I don’t remember anything else  except ‘making of rice cake’.  If you are interested, you can read more in db ((http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/07/fated-to-love-you-episode-2/ ))

@celes80      Hello I was going to thank for your translation but I was occupied for awhile with Hyuki’s knee injury.   The article was interesting. So he was offered the Mike character a while ago.    I can see he was trying to promote the movie but obviously his character doesn’t have much to talk about except ‘the smoky eye makeup’.   Still it was fun to read.  Except a few minor things I didn’t feel you translated it from another translated work.     You always write well.  Plus by now Hyuki isn’t strange to you. :D:wub:

• Like 1

The article is CJH’s interview with the Japanese magazine about Vampire in Love.   It was translated in Chinese from Japanese and then @celes80  translated into English from Chinese.  I’m sure the members already read the translated article but I’m going to post the pictures.  Even if the movie itself isn’t going to be interesting to some members, let’s not forget that the movie has CJH’s neck biting scene.:P    I pray it better be good  or somewhat good  or marginally good  or  tad/tad g…    Hopefully when we have a chance to see his neck biting,  he will recover fully and watch it on his base with his base buddies. :w00t::sweatingbullets:       ((translated article: http://celesc.livejournal.com/15259.html ))

((Choi Jin Hyuk Taiwan Fan Club FB: https://www.facebook.com/ChoiJinHyuk0209 ))

【D-573】日雜 韓流PIA 電影「戀愛中的吸血鬼」崔振赫獨家專訪 中文翻譯 +「第18屆上海國際電影節」放映日程 June 6, 2015

((read more https://www.facebook.com/notes/1659783484253759/ ))

cbGlF0l.jpg

GnXbjI6.png

EQoYk86.png

jSg0P4b.jpg

HPOgNQj.png

Rc6iowI.jpg

bZtkFtu.jpg

Ot7b9kR.jpg

oV8fD8h.jpg

rNEu0DM.jpg

gD5uaBe.jpg

i2u4yLy.jpg

zyCgluI.jpg

nNMPB6w.jpg

W5rW5hd.jpg

w0okw5N.jpg

jHIzX5g.jpg

崔振赫首次演出的日本電影「戀愛中的吸血鬼」將於2015年「第18屆上海國際電影節」放映,電影票6月6日起於淘寶電影發售!

http://www.taobao.com/market/dianying/siff-pc.php?spm=a1z21.3046609.0.0.Dn3IQ4

Edited by booha
  • Like 1

Oh no. What happened to Hyukie?!

Btw, I finally got the chance to watch The Divine Move. Hyukie is so hot in there!!! Too bad he played the bad guy. But that's okay. He did great! The film itself was very...lackluster. 

• Like 3

@willenette    If you are watching FTLY (2014) now, could it mean there is  a temporary drought in the kdrama land.  Previously I had high expectations about several dramas and  I was eager to watch them but none of them turned into great/good at least.   Now I’m waiting for the next batch of new dramas.   However FTLY is a very good drama.  If I’m not mistaken, its PD(s) was preparing for it since the drama was a big hit in Taiwan.   So he had a lot time to prepare and it showed.  It also indicated this production company had a lot of investment money to start with. Possibly CJH signed on this drama because he was offered some sort of a drama CF.   CJH got a contract from Daniel Cremiex  for Heirs and  L’UOMO for FTLY. I don’t know why he couldn’t get more CFs after his big break with GFB.  It may be his age or his looks??   If he had more CFs, possibly he didn’t have to appear in other dramas as a side liner.  Still it has been nice to see him in so many fancy outfits.  PS I don’t know whether you know this: FTLY has many parodies. At the moment I don’t remember anything else  except ‘making of rice cake’.  If you are interested, you can read more in db ((http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/07/fated-to-love-you-episode-2/ ))

Hi booha, thanks for sharing the link & sharing a bit of spoilers about the drama. :P

• Like 1

aaa86dd39304f5a12461aa2c80cfddbe-1_zps24    aaa86dd39304f5a12461aa2c80cfddbe-4_zpsmt

Photocredit : Pinterest

{{ ...Yes, that's me...in a deep, contemplative mood...waiting...and waiting for more news...Missing Jin Hyuk so veeeery much! }}

Hello everyone!  My apologies...had beeen unable to complete this post last week due to technical glitches.  I do really miss visiting & posting in SoompiLand!  Seemingly missing in action, I had been lurking :w00t: and enjoying all the beautiful posts...Plus the shocking news!!

Well, we are all glad nothing really disastrous happened to Oppa!!  Oh, what a rude shock we all had!  Have you all recovered from all that trauma?  (laughs!!)  Actually, it had been so agonizing...(am sure you all agree)...so very agonizing to anticipate news every day, yet not getting any :tears: And the next thing we heard was the awful breaking news about his knee injury....

Sorry girls...was just re-living the episode...LOL!!...Actually no laughing matter really:P

Okies...hellooo to @macaronsandsakuratea!  Nice meeting you here!  Before I go, just wanna share a couple more of my favourite pics...

10257017_1425491757743855_46796693919367

Photo credit to tpgnews

Ain't that beautiful!

Edited by meili29
  • Like 2

@booha  Thank you! Lovely pic & gif... I will be watching "Panda" soon!  Currently enjoying "It's OK, Daddy's gal"... Didn't realise he's shed many tears in that one...he's such a softie!  :tears:

okies, gotta turn in now... it's way past bedtime!  Goody night!  Sweet dreams....:wub:

• Like 3